Roosh V Forum
The Los Angeles thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Los Angeles thread (/thread-16165.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

The Los Angeles thread - kenny_powers - 03-28-2013

Quote: (03-28-2013 08:19 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (03-28-2013 08:05 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Quote: (03-28-2013 07:59 PM)Pacific Wrote:  

Sounds like if you can do some work remotely, it would be great to take a little "sabbatical" in Vegas. I'll definitely keep that in mind for the future.

Edit: Forgot a point. Say if you are only going to be there for a month or two and you rent a place. Will you be considered a local by the locals?

You need to get a local ID from the DMV.

Or just hustle it.

Tell the guy where you are living and you just moved there.

It's not like you are moving to NorCal and trying to claim you are a Moss Landing local. Vegas is so transient and party oriented you should be able to say you just moved there and jump right in the mix. Than one day 2 months later you have to move but you stay in touch.

The Los Angeles thread - MikeCF - 03-28-2013

Quote: (03-28-2013 08:25 PM)kenny_powers Wrote:  

Quote: (03-28-2013 08:19 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (03-28-2013 08:05 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Quote: (03-28-2013 07:59 PM)Pacific Wrote:  

Sounds like if you can do some work remotely, it would be great to take a little "sabbatical" in Vegas. I'll definitely keep that in mind for the future.

Edit: Forgot a point. Say if you are only going to be there for a month or two and you rent a place. Will you be considered a local by the locals?

You need to get a local ID from the DMV.

Or just hustle it.

Tell the guy where you are living and you just moved there.

It's not like you are moving to NorCal and trying to claim you are a Moss Landing local. Vegas is so transient and party oriented you should be able to say you just moved there and jump right in the mix. Than one day 2 months later you have to move but you stay in touch.

I am talking about getting into the door without paying cover, not getting an ID to show other locals.

Try getting into the Rhino without a local ID and not paying cover.

Getting comped is also about filling out forms. The guy, even if he's a hook-up, needs to fill out a slip of paper and they are going to check your ID.

A local ID can save you quite a bit of cash if you go out often.

The Los Angeles thread - MikeCF - 03-28-2013

Quote: (03-28-2013 06:52 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

That being said, a lot of the Vegas transplants are real scumbags in my opinion, so you have to be careful.

Totally. But just like everywhere else, it's better that people don't think you have much money...If you're just doing "OK," then you get invited out without people thinking you're a mooch (or that you won't grease or take care of those who take care of you) and no one sees you as a whale to take down.

A hard balance for many to strike....but always the best approach to take.

The Los Angeles thread - azulsombra - 03-28-2013

Quote: (03-28-2013 10:07 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (03-28-2013 09:30 AM)azulsombra Wrote:  

G,

New orleans has appeal no doubt, but as a place for short trips, vacays. Cant really put it in the same weight class as those other cities from a year round standpoint, unless your only using nightlife as a criteria.

Personally, I would live in New Orleans over LA at this point in my life. I would be using nightlife, people, food, fun, culture and uniqueness as my criteria.

It's logical that you would pick New Orleans over LA at this point in your life, considering that you've already spent so much time in LA.

I would probably avoid summer there.

Quote:Quote:

And San diego?

You yourself have ripped san diego apart on numerous fronts, so im extremely surprised your defending it now.

I did say this earlier:

Yeah, LA is probably the most difficult city followed by Orange County and San Diego

And I was referring to San Diego as being easier than LA for a "cold" player coming to the city.

I stand by that.

I don't see the average player having an easier time "cold" in LA compared to san diego. If anything I would call it equal with the slight edge given to LA. Give some cat from chicago, dallas or hell, even Roosh a crack at LA for a week with a hotel or air bnb spot in DTLA vs a spot in downtown SD and the LA guy comes out on top with better looking chicks.

Now if you want to throw in a player with great spanish lingo, who isn't scared of "big bad Tijuana" and can hop the trolley down to TJ and operate out of there a few days I'll give it to SD.

But yeah, San Diego has many of the same problems of LA, and then some. And lacks many of the advantages ie legitimately fly girls.

Agreed, it has all of the same problems plus even more sausage and less hot girls.

Unless your just determined to turn this into a LA sucks thread. Which i am fine with by the way, i actually find it amusing.

Me too.

LA is fun to diss.

Agreed.

Because it is so un-defendable when you know how to diss it.

I am waiting for the "rock climbing defense" to come up again.

Hahaha. No rock climbing defense from me. Not my bag.

The Los Angeles thread - azulsombra - 03-28-2013

Quote: (03-28-2013 05:05 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (03-28-2013 04:49 PM)kenny_powers Wrote:  

This is a great thread. We have broken down LA from the East Coast cities. How do you guys stack rank only West Coast Cities?
LA, SF, STL, POR? Is Vegas the best city west of the Mississippi? Is LA the worst? What I really want to know is - Weather, ethnic food and rock climbing aside. Is LA worse than DC? If DC = suicide does LA make you want to take your own life also?

SF is may be the only true city in California. LA, OC, SD, San Jose are sprawl. LA is cool overall, but as I've said before, I've yet to meet a dude who came here from somewhere else that said LA is easier(with regards to women).

I've had almost the exact opposite experience the majority of cats that I've rolled with in LA have found it easier than where they were from.

Not as far as logistics and last calls obviously (those suck in most of the US) but as far as the level of talent they were able to pull that just doesn't exist in significant numbers where they are from and how cooperative the females generally were.

I'm not talking about dudes coming to LA and pulling 9 and 10s out of the club. I'm talking about dudes that would probably have to settle for a 5.5-6 back home getting 7- 8s on rotation in LA, that goes without even mentioning the ethnic variety that doesn't exist in most of the US. And these brothas are from all over the states Conneticut, new orleans, tennessee, Philly, Jersey, cleveland.

The Los Angeles thread - DVY - 03-29-2013

Quote: (03-28-2013 06:22 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

That's a tourist misconception.

Most of the locals live in Summerlin or Green Valley.

@MikeCF- you nailed the vegas dynamic to the T.

Ill chime in an extra tip for the younger dudes here. You can easily get a place at Rebel Place (near UNLV). Its basically an offcampus private student housing. Rent is about 550/month (dope gym, pool, rec room included). All the young, fresh, hot kids live here. Youll be swimming in pussy.

I was visiting locals and stayed w/them off the strip. Totally awesome experience. We partied non-stop and you get zero attitude w/the door. Rolling 12 people deep w/local girls and guys helps as well. We basically split up when inside, the girls got free comped bottles at the table. I think they get 1 bottle for every 6 girls, guys skip lines. We all pre-drank heavily, so the alcohol was basically un-used.

Flipside of the vegas life- heavy drugs floating around, general malaise from over-drinking, seeing crack addicts wander the streets outside of the strip, heavy low-life population in Vegas outside of strip and inside of the surrounding suburbs, and last but not least- flash floods.

The Los Angeles thread - Tex Pro - 03-29-2013

Quote: (03-28-2013 10:58 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

I'm not talking about dudes coming to LA and pulling 9 and 10s out of the club. I'm talking about dudes that would probably have to settle for a 5.5-6 back home getting 7- 8s on rotation in LA, that goes without even mentioning the ethnic variety that doesn't exist in most of the US. And these brothas are from all over the states Conneticut, new orleans, tennessee, Philly, Jersey, cleveland.

Isn't this the dream dudes are sold by the media/Hollywood/TV? That you can pull hot ass easily from a club in LA?

As far as dudes that come from the Midwest or small cities and other such places, I guess you can come to LA and upgrade, but it depends. I don't think that 8s are going to be as easy to get as you say though. Maybe chicks in the 6-7 range (cute) since there are more of them in a big city like LA.

Also, it depends on what you like. If you like Asian (esp. Korean) and Mexican chicks, LA can be great...but if you like white girls, then you are in for a slog in LA since they are definitely a minority. I mean, that "The Women of LA" viral video made by DJ Lubel now has over a million hits, and it accurately lampoons how vapid and stuck-up most hot white chicks are in LA. I can name several cities in the USA that are better than LA for picking up hot white chicks.

That said, I think this thread has taken on too much of a negative tone. Lets start by offering solutions to make your time better in LA.

I will start:

-Live in WeHo since it will make getting SNLs from Hollywood clubs much easier since it is easy to bounce back to your place for an "after party" since it is close by. Also, as MikeCF has already pointed out, it is cheaper than living on the Westside.

-Forget about buying a new BMW or other new similar entry-level "luxury car" in LA. They are too common and don't provide much pussy magnet value (only baller-level cars really stand out in LA). If you want a BMW or other entry-level "luxury car," buy a used one since there are tons of them cheap online on craigslist. Another option is buying a used Porsche boxster since this car can actually be had cheap if you buy it with about 5 years or so of use (I forget who mentioned this, Slubu?).

-Make working out part of your schedule. LA chicks are superficial, so having a nice body will help you out immensely. Plus, you can always run game on chicks at the gym.

-When you go out, try to drink non-alcoholic drinks. Saves you money and keeps you from getting too tipsy and getting a DUI. LA cops are bastards and will give you a DUI at the drop of a hat.

-Get an interesting hobby. I used to do photography on the side, and when I told chicks about my side job, they were actually more interested in that than my actual white-collar job. LA chicks are weird like that. DJing, indie film-making, indie band, photography, art, etc. Anything that is "creative" will actually peak more interest in general than a boring 9-5 job will.

-Make friends and contacts. In LA who you know is really crucial. Getting a hook-up can be the difference between standing in line outside of a club all night and getting in without a sweat. Can't stress how much knowing people will pay off. If you are naturally an introvert, then pick-up a book or audio book on how to make friends (there are a ton of them).

The Los Angeles thread - Basil Ransom - 03-29-2013

Quote: (03-29-2013 12:41 AM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

-Make friends and contacts. In LA who you know is really crucial. Getting a hook-up can be the difference between standing in line outside of a club all night and getting in without a sweat. Can't stress how much knowing people will pay off. If you are naturally an introvert, then pick-up a book or audio book on how to make friends (there are a ton of them).

Getting into all but the most top shelf places is easy. Do some combination of the following:
*Show up early
*Show up solo
*Grease the bouncer $10+ ($10 is often all you need) - Slubu opened my eyes on this one. Ridiculous how much time you can avoid in line with a little grease.

And of course, look cool, stay fit, dress well.

When in doubt, check out the newest joints. All else equal, newer bars have better talent and ratios. Highly recommend Urban Daddy, best resource by far on new nightlife venues. They cover venues that you won't see anywhere else.

Does anyone have experience cracking into yuppie white social circles from scratch? I can blend in more or less with them, but as I and someone else said, these people have very defined channels for making friends, usually work, college and other friends, and it's hard to find another in. The cooler the guys and the hotter the girls, the less ease with which they invite you and befriend you. Lame people are always looking for people who make them feel cool.

Not quite related but... I used to eat at Chipotle a ton, and I noticed pretty quickly that the hot girls who came were way more likely than everyone else to get in and bolt out as soon as they got their food. Sort of analogous to how they behave socially, always flitting away to something else, away from the public.

Has anyone gone out in Westlake? Eg, Monty or 1642? What's it like?

The Los Angeles thread - Kish - 03-29-2013

Quote: (03-28-2013 04:18 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Los Angeles has historically been marketed as a "guys paradise".

IE Playboy Mansion, Hollywood casting couch, P0rn, the beach, bikinis, driving culture, easily manipulated actresses, fast cars etc.

The reality is a little different though for 99% of the guys there.

However, this causes a higher number of guys to move there "chasing the dream".

It is no coincidence in my mind that the "guys fantasy show" Entourage on HBO was set in Los Angeles.

Art imitates life and life imitates art.

This has also caused more guys to move there.

It is a vicious cycle (And I don't mean that Swedish player that posts on here either).

(And as an aside, the "girls fantasy show" Sexy and The City on HBO was set in New York, and NYC has way more girls than guys.).

Ha! Thanks. If it wasn't for this forum that probably would have been me.

I would have moved from one cockfest(DC) to another cockfest(LA).

The Los Angeles thread - StudebacherHoch - 03-29-2013

Lets start by offering solutions to make your time better in LA.

Great angle, TP - here has been my immediate solution since ending my marriage last summer:

A.) I moved from my home in the Hollywood Hills (wifey kept the home) to the Americana at Brand in Glendale - a less than five-minute walk from my office (the only reason I'd be camping out in Glendale). The Americana, for those not familiar with it (or its sister The Grove) is a combination of luxury residences and high-end retail stores/restaurants set in a faux Disneyland Main Street...very nicely done. Dancing fountains, concerts (Macy Gray/Phillip Phillips in the past four or so months), special events, etc. make it the PERFECT place to day game! There's a constant stream of women flowing through there, and all I have to do is walk downstairs and start working it! If they shit-test me with a "Why are you just 'hanging out' at the Americana?" curve-ball, I laugh and say "I live here!"

B.) Online game works like a fuckin' charm with this setup. Chicks dig the Americana because the majority of the retail stores are women's clothing, etc. (e.g., Tiffany) so they know it, they feel comfortable meeting you there, etc. Meet up with them in the park-like center, take them to one of the many fine dining establishments like Katsuya, Frida, etc. right at the Americana (and I get a 10% discount on all food/drinks), schmooze the shit out of them and ply them with drinks, suggest a walk back by the dancing fountain (which seems to get their panties wet for some reason!) and voila...want to come up to my apartment to hear my latest musical project/see my photographs? It's led to meet>dinner>drinks>bang more than a couple of times...logistically perfect!

C.) Night game is certainly not the Sunset Strip, but logistically perfect as there are at least four clubs/bars/billiard clubs within a 1/2 mile walking distance...so having to manage the "driving dilemma" is circumvented. I've gone down to Frida/Katsuya (both basically downstairs from my apartment) ~ and used the old "let's go smoke a bowl upstairs" routine, works like a charm! I've also got a dive bar within walking distance with Karaoke on Friday evenings that attracts some HOT younger (a fair amount of Armenians, which I've kinda' developed a taste for) and older MILFS. As someone who has played music all my life, my vocal skills are a definite plus as a DHV in that particular venue. So I'm working a small pond in a big lake, but making the most of the logistics!

D.) As mentioned by my fellow Angelenos, having a creative angle in this burg goes a long way, as so many people come here trying to break into the biz...so everyone's an actor, writer, musician, artist, etc. I bring chicks back to my tastefully-decorated crib with a killer recording studio right in my living room, fire up my latest composing project (and some kine medical bud!), show them prints of my landscapes shot around the world...and they're (more often then not) putty in my hands. Women DIG creative types in this town!

The Los Angeles thread - slubu - 03-29-2013

Isn't this the dream dudes are sold by the media/Hollywood/TV? That you can pull hot ass easily from a club in LA?

Yes that is the dream and you do get exposed to it and when you fail which is almost always, it hurts. It simply hurts to see that much high quality talent and know that you have almost zero chance at it.

As far as dudes that come from the Midwest or small cities and other such places, I guess you can come to LA and upgrade, but it depends. I don't think that 8s are going to be as easy to get as you say though. Maybe chicks in the 6-7 range (cute) since there are more of them in a big city like LA.

Also true. Look nobody is doubting the quality is higher here in LA, it's just the access and success rate you have. Nobody's moving to LA and pulling 8s because they moved to LA. It is either because of their job or looks, and now that the talent is here they can take advantage.

Also, it depends on what you like. If you like Asian (esp. Korean) and Mexican chicks, LA can be great...but if you like white girls, then you are in for a slog in LA since they are definitely a minority. I mean, that "The Women of LA" viral video made by DJ Lubel now has over a million hits, and it accurately lampoons how vapid and stuck-up most hot white chicks are in LA. I can name several cities in the USA that are better than LA for picking up hot white chicks.

I was thinking about that yesterday. That video is dead accurate. TP want to tell me what these cities are for the hot white chicks? I just can't get past white girls - say what you will but that's what I'm attracted to. I had sex with an asian girl in 2011 to see what the hype was about and didn't see it. Mexican girls are fun but still a hot white girl will give me a boner just walking by which no other girls can.

-Live in WeHo since it will make getting SNLs from Hollywood clubs much easier since it is easy to bounce back to your place for an "after party" since it is close by. Also, as MikeCF has already pointed out, it is cheaper than living on the Westside.

-Forget about buying a new BMW or other new similar entry-level "luxury car" in LA. They are too common and don't provide much pussy magnet value (only baller-level cars really stand out in LA). If you want a BMW or other entry-level "luxury car," buy a used one since there are tons of them cheap online on craigslist. Another option is buying a used Porsche boxster since this car can actually be had cheap if you buy it with about 5 years or so of use (I forget who mentioned this, Slubu?).

-Get an interesting hobby. I used to do photography on the side, and when I told chicks about my side job, they were actually more interested in that than my actual white-collar job. LA chicks are weird like that. DJing, indie film-making, indie band, photography, art, etc. Anything that is "creative" will actually peak more interest in general than a boring 9-5 job will.

Yes on the creativity angle, yes that was me about the Boxster, and yes on Weho.

Quote: (03-29-2013 10:11 AM)StudebacherHoch Wrote:  

Great angle, TP - here has been my immediate solution since ending my marriage last summer:

A.) I moved from my home in the Hollywood Hills (wifey kept the home) to the Americana at Brand in Glendale - a less than five-minute walk from my office (the only reason I'd be camping out in Glendale). The Americana, for those not familiar with it (or its sister The Grove) is a combination of luxury residences and high-end retail stores/restaurants set in a faux Disneyland Main Street...very nicely done. Dancing fountains, concerts (Macy Gray/Phillip Phillips in the past four or so months), special events, etc. make it the PERFECT place to day game! There's a constant stream of women flowing through there, and all I have to do is walk downstairs and start working it! If they shit-test me with a "Why are you just 'hanging out' at the Americana?" curve-ball, I laugh and say "I live here!"

B.) Online game works like a fuckin' charm with this setup. Chicks dig the Americana because the majority of the retail stores are women's clothing, etc. (e.g., Tiffany) so they know it, they feel comfortable meeting you there, etc. Meet up with them in the park-like center, take them to one of the many fine dining establishments like Katsuya, Frida, etc. right at the Americana (and I get a 10% discount on all food/drinks), schmooze the shit out of them and ply them with drinks, suggest a walk back by the dancing fountain (which seems to get their panties wet for some reason!) and voila...want to come up to my apartment to hear my latest musical project/see my photographs? It's led to meet>dinner>drinks>bang more than a couple of times...logistically perfect!

C.) Night game is certainly not the Sunset Strip, but logistically perfect as there are at least four clubs/bars/billiard clubs within a 1/2 mile walking distance...so having to manage the "driving dilemma" is circumvented. I've gone down to Frida/Katsuya (both basically downstairs from my apartment) ~ and used the old "let's go smoke a bowl upstairs" routine, works like a charm! I've also got a dive bar within walking distance with Karaoke on Friday evenings that attracts some HOT younger (a fair amount of Armenians, which I've kinda' developed a taste for) and older MILFS. As someone who has played music all my life, my vocal skills are a definite plus as a DHV in that particular venue. So I'm working a small pond in a big lake, but making the most of the logistics!

D.) As mentioned by my fellow Angelenos, having a creative angle in this burg goes a long way, as so many people come here trying to break into the biz...so everyone's an actor, writer, musician, artist, etc. I bring chicks back to my tastefully-decorated crib with a killer recording studio right in my living room, fire up my latest composing project (and some kine medical bud!), show them prints of my landscapes shot around the world...and they're (more often then not) putty in my hands. Women DIG creative types in this town!

Just curious what's the demographics you're pulling here? Any white girls or mostly Armenians?

Also, I will admit wholeheartedly that this city has amazing talent. Last night on my drive home around 10:30 I saw multiple 8s and 9s walking into the bar next to where I live. One girl was damn near perfect blonde with a perfect face and body. I was too tired so I went to bed, but there are always hot girls at this bar. Wednesday, Sunday doesn't matter. Weekends the line to get in is very long but they eventually do let everyone in.

The problem? It's very closed off without knowing the group. The only traction I've gotten were from two girls, one I had met previously at another bar and happen to run into her, and another that was part of a birthday I was invited to. Other times it's just too much competition, the guys there are hounds and the girls know it.

There was also some art thing going on by Whole Foods last night, about 200 people in line to get in. Couldn't really see the talent but shit like that is also very effective if you are part of that group.

If you're famous, have pull at CAA or UTA, or have the ability to produce/cast, then LA is probably hands down the greatest city to live in and it is a downright pussy paradise. I've seen firsthand models fuck random schmoes for the potential that he may give them any sort of career boost.

Even being a bar owner doesn't get you very far here, which is ridiculous. I've met some of the owners of bars here and the girls that they are vying for are just 6s or 7s at most.

It gets depressing. It's not about pulling and banging random chicks anymore for me at least. I want the 8 and 9. But I've resigned myself that it's just not going to happen here. I can spend another 5 years working on some sort of entertainment scam, or I can take a Russian course and fly to Kiev for $1200. I've chosen the latter.

The Los Angeles thread - StudebacherHoch - 03-29-2013

Quote: (03-29-2013 10:29 AM)slubu Wrote:  

Just curious what's the demographics you're pulling here? Any white girls or mostly Armenians?

Primarily older (40+) white women (as I'm a young-looking 57) - online game for my demographic is like shooting fish in a barrel, there are so many single women of that age working the dating sites in LA. I mentioned Armenians only for the fact that Glendale is heavily Armenian, and I've gotten lucky twice with younger (one 29 and the other 34) Armenian chicks - both pulled from the dive bar. The fact that I was able to do so (nail chicks that young) was almost surreal, but my success is ALL to be laid at the feet of Roosh V and the PUA community...being able to implement what I've learned and actually have it work is pretty amazing, especially considering I've been out of the game for 18 years!

The Los Angeles thread - thegmanifesto - 03-29-2013

LA has rockclimbing.

And LA has rockclimbing.

The Los Angeles thread - speakeasy - 03-29-2013

Here is some insight into why LA is a police state with less than world class nightlife. Look at how the city has been harassing Los Globos in Silverlake.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound...ion_la.php

The Los Angeles thread - thegmanifesto - 03-29-2013

Quote: (03-29-2013 01:14 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Here is some insight into why LA is a police state with less than world class nightlife. Look at how the city has been harassing Los Globos in Silverlake.

"They seem to be pretty hell-bent on stopping any form of fun in the city of Los Angeles and in Hollywood these days," says attorney Todd Winter, Edelson's corporate counsel.

Quote: (03-29-2013 02:51 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

"They seem to be pretty hell-bent on stopping any form of fun in the city of Los Angeles and in Hollywood these days," says attorney Todd Winter, Edelson's corporate counsel.

Awhile back, this woman was telling me about this sick pad she bought in Palos Verdes, cliffside beach, in an area restricted to senior citizens. I've always thought there should be more of that - imagine having a part of LA for say, people ages 18-35 only, after which they must move out. Screen them for criminal background checks but that's about it. You would have a lot less of these bullshit problems and complaints. It's like in college how there are the party dorms and the study dorms - you couldnt complain about your dorm being loud because ultimately you chose to live in a party dorm.

I think high land prices are a huge culprit here. The cycle starts with young people moving into a shitty, cheap area, the area gentrifies over time, the young people get older and their properties appreciate, rich older yuppies start buying as well, and then all these older non-party people start coming down on the local nightlife. I've long thought that Venice residents secretly like the homeless because they keep the yuppies away, and keep Venice from looking like the second coming of Brentwood.

I was thinking about that yesterday. That video is dead accurate. TP want to tell me what these cities are for the hot white chicks? I just can't get past white girls - say what you will but that's what I'm attracted to. I had sex with an asian girl in 2011 to see what the hype was about and didn't see it. Mexican girls are fun but still a hot white girl will give me a boner just walking by which no other girls can.

You want to know something...in every other city I have been to it is easier to pickup hot white chicks than LA. Scottsdale, AZ; Dallas, TX; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Charleston, SC; New York, NY; etc...basically most of the cities I listed previously that have descent nightlife.

For example, if you are a buff dude, then getting bottle blondes in Scottsdale is way easier than in LA. I could go on, but it is crazy how much harder it is to date even white girls who just 8s in LA. I'm not sure what it is about LA that makes them so uptight and snobby.

Quote: (03-29-2013 10:37 AM)slubu Wrote:  

It gets depressing. It's not about pulling and banging random chicks anymore for me at least. I want the 8 and 9. But I've resigned myself that it's just not going to happen here. I can spend another 5 years working on some sort of entertainment scam, or I can take a Russian course and fly to Kiev for $1200. I've chosen the latter.

I think this is why Roosh is probably never coming back to the USA. The dude has been spoiled by going to Eastern Europe. Think of how many world-class models come out of Eastern Europe nowadays. His standards are too high to ever settle for American women ever again.

I think if you go to Ukraine, you may never want to come back. Assuming you have decent language skills, you will be dating top-shelf quality without all the bullshit that it would entail in LA. I think you have made a smart choice.

Side note:

California group wants to expand Measure B (mandatory condoms on porn shoots) type legislation statewide:

http://sfvbj.com/news/2013/feb/15/statew...lt-shoots/

It is like Cali politicians want to make Cali boring as fuck. No doubt the porn industry will just move to Nevada or South Florida.

Quote: (03-29-2013 04:47 PM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

You want to know something...in every other city I have been to it is easier to pickup hot white chicks than LA. Scottsdale, AZ; Dallas, TX; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Charleston, SC; New York, NY; etc...basically most of the cities I listed previously that have descent nightlife.

For example, if you are a buff dude, then getting bottle blondes in Scottsdale is way easier than in LA. I could go on, but it is crazy how much harder it is to date even white girls who just 8s in LA. I'm not sure what it is about LA that makes them so uptight and snobby.

Classic Roissy post on what happens when girls get fat:

This

[Image: thingirls1.jpg?w=475&h=378]

becomes

[Image: fatgirls.jpg?w=555&h=452]

Well replace 'fat' with 'non-white.' In the USA, white girls are almost always the belle of the ball. When they're say, 90% of the crowd, and even 100% of guys are going after them, that's not such a problem. Whether you think white girls are more attractive or not, it's irrelevant. That's how the preferences stand. I'd say that preference is even stronger in LA. Also notice how no one here is jonesing to go to Mexico or Guatemala to bang the sorts of Latinas that migrate here in mass numbers. Plus the hottest girls of every ethnicity often only go for alphas of the same feather.

But if white girls are 20%, and say 80% of guys are still going after them, you see something like Roissy describes with fat chicks. LA is 30% white, but that includes a lot of Middle Easterners, whose guys are famously aggressive, while their girls often don't put out or don't bang outside the tribe. You can hate on a chick for complaining about getting hit on, but look at those diagrams above, and it's not hard to imagine how shit can get out of hand going from the first stage to the second one.

Why does this not happen in NYC? I don't know, maybe it's more segregated, especially along the lines of Manhattan vs everyone else. And generally, the 'swarthier' the people in the scene, the less hip it is. None of this is news if you've been around, or even just read this blog. As that blog says, and as your eyes will tell you, the more non-white a joint gets, the more 'downhill' it's gone. And many of the joints that are very white are rather insular, like the places Slubu was referring to. Semi-hipster joints are often a nice exception - they can have a good concentration of girls that are open and white.

In LA, you have guys spending $100s on bottle service just for the chance to talk to some dolled up white girls.

Roissy post: http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2008/03/0...-for-game/

The Los Angeles thread - temujin - 03-29-2013

And this is exactly why guys get the eyes opened when they enter the FSU.

They discover that the mediocre white American women they've placed on a pedestal back in the USA are actually the bottom of the global barrel.

It's like busting your ass to climb the corporate ladder your entire life, and suddenly realizing, that you work for Enron and the entire system is a made-up sham.

Conversely, take an American girl from the USA and throw her into the FSU, and her entire world-view is shattered. Most American women are unable to deal with this reality and high-tail it back to the US, where they can revel in the attention showered upon them by the desperate and deprived.

You only have to look at the threads on this site -- for example, the Date Lab Asian Man thread. All the American guys who are stuck in America are frothing at the mouth, saying how bangeable that girl is. Meanwhile, the guys outside the US (namely, Europe or the FSU) just shrug our shoulders and say "Nothing Special."

When you're in prison, I guess even that drag queen in Cell Block B starts looking good.

The Los Angeles thread - speakeasy - 03-29-2013

Quote: (03-29-2013 06:20 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Quote: (03-29-2013 04:47 PM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

Classic Roissy post on what happens when girls get fat:

This

[Image: thingirls1.jpg?w=475&h=378]

becomes

[Image: fatgirls.jpg?w=555&h=452]

Well replace 'fat' with 'non-white.' In the USA, white girls are almost always the belle of the ball. When they're say, 90% of the crowd, and even 100% of guys are going after them, that's not such a problem. Whether you think white girls are more attractive or not, it's irrelevant. That's how the preferences stand. I'd say that preference is even stronger in LA. Also notice how no one here is jonesing to go to Mexico or Guatemala to bang the sorts of Latinas that migrate here in mass numbers. Plus the hottest girls of every ethnicity often only go for alphas of the same feather.

But if white girls are 20%, and say 80% of guys are still going after them, you see something like Roissy describes with fat chicks. LA is 30% white, but that includes a lot of Middle Easterners, whose guys are famously aggressive, while their girls often don't put out or don't bang outside the tribe. You can hate on a chick for complaining about getting hit on, but look at those diagrams above, and it's not hard to imagine how shit can get out of hand going from the first stage to the second one.

Why does this not happen in NYC? I don't know, maybe it's more segregated, especially along the lines of Manhattan vs everyone else. And generally, the 'swarthier' the people in the scene, the less hip it is. None of this is news if you've been around, or even just read this blog. As that blog says, and as your eyes will tell you, the more non-white a joint gets, the more 'downhill' it's gone. And many of the joints that are very white are rather insular, like the places Slubu was referring to. Semi-hipster joints are often a nice exception - they can have a good concentration of girls that are open and white.

In LA, you have guys spending $100s on bottle service just for the chance to talk to some dolled up white girls.

Roissy post: http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2008/03/0...-for-game/

There's some truth to this, but let's not go overboard either. It's true, the white female is the wildcard. No type of guy really turns them away except perhaps extremely insular cultures that just don't associate with anyone outside their clan. At the same time, I don't look around and see swarms of brown guys approaching white girls like madmen either. Most men regardless of race don't cold approach very much anyway. I was just having lunch at an El Pollo Loco here in the valley. I looked around and just about everyone was Hispanic. None of the Hispanic men was with anything but Hispanic women. I saw a black woman come in, and then her guy came in a moment later, he was black. When I go to bars downtown I see clusters of socially connected Asians who seem insular and don't mingle much outside their tribe. And when there is interracially dating, I feel like I'm way more likely to see a white guy dating a non-white girl than a white girl dating a non-white guy.

I see a lot of complaining from white guys about the competition for white women. But from my perspective, I see white guys as having it pretty good. They get first dibs on white women, plus they can have their run of Asian women and many Hispanics prefer lighter skin and don't mind dating white. The only women not so into white dudes are black women and white men don't generally like black women anyway so no loss to either side there. Black guys have it WAY tougher out there since we have to fight stereotypes plus family/social disapproval. And if we stick to black only, then we have to deal with attitudes and obesity. If you think it's tough being a white guy, I don't know what you'd do if you were in our shoes!

Side note anyone have a date idea for Easter Sunday? Most places are closed I believe, trying to figure out what to do in this town.

The Los Angeles thread - Drazen - 03-29-2013

Hang out at the beach and drink? Always the good ol' reliable.

I'd think alot of places will be open. Lots of brunch spots for easter brunch. The Hollywood Bowl has some free event, not sure, I have been seeing billboards but it might be a lot of jesus singing stuff, etc. Probably a lot of young, hot christian girls that prefer that over going to mass though...so it might be a good place to hang out to meet girls. might be a decent date if they still let you bring wine to drink during the event.