Roosh V Forum
Zinc has made me a better man. - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Zinc has made me a better man. (/thread-15255.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Zinc has made me a better man. - Rompetoto - 08-01-2013

From my own personal experience I found that zinc picolinate works the best for me. I've fucked around with citrate/gluconate and didn't feel a difference. I'm currently running the picolinate at dosages of 100mg am/pm and can definitely feel it.

Zinc has made me a better man. - Parlay44 - 08-01-2013

Quote: (08-01-2013 08:52 PM)Luccheese Wrote:  

From my own personal experience I found that zinc picolinate works the best for me. I've fucked around with citrate/gluconate and didn't feel a difference. I'm currently running the picolinate at dosages of 100mg am/pm and can definitely feel it.

I didn't know there were other kinds. I just looked at my GNC bottle and it says zinc gluconate.

Zinc has made me a better man. - Rompetoto - 08-01-2013

Picolinate is the best absorbed zinc there is. It's pretty fucking cheap to, I scored a bottle off amazon at 120 pills @ 50mg for 7.99. Good deal.

Zinc has made me a better man. - Cr33pin - 08-02-2013

Quote: (07-31-2013 05:44 PM)Nascimento Wrote:  

Any differences you guys have noticed between taking ZMA or just zinc itself?

I know ZMA is a compound with magnesium and B6, and is much more expensive than just zinc.

Besides that I don't know what differences in effects they should have.

I was wondering about this myself. It says to take ZMA on a empty stomach but you are supposed to take Zinc with food....

Aren't they both pretty much Zinc?

Zinc has made me a better man. - hoops330 - 08-03-2013

So I've purchased Cellucor ZMA and here are my results: I've only taken it when I know I am going to be able to get a full nights sleep...If I know I'll only be getting 5-7 hours due to getting up for work I don't bother.
The dream effects are absolutely true. I've had some pretty wild dreams every time I've taken it. The human subconscious is a wild and crazy beast...
When I take it I usually think ''i'm going to take these and sleep in'' when I get about 6 hours and wake up feeling very energetic and refreshed. Therefore, I could be taking them when I know I'd only get 5-7 hours (see above).
I'm taking the recommended dosage which is four pills.
More energy through the day, better lifts.

Zinc has made me a better man. - metalhaze - 08-03-2013

be careful of taking in too much zinc http://www.food.gov.uk/multimedia/pdfs/evm_zinc.pdf

Zinc has made me a better man. - Moma - 08-05-2013

Got my l-optizinc on Saturday. Took 3 pills spaced out through the day with meals which equals 90mg of zinc. My first intake of the morning always includes 500mg of magnesium.

Yesterday (Sunday) was my second day of 90mg of zinc. Woke up this morning with some wood but nothing wild and amazing.

Recovering from a vicious onslaught at the gym. Been going hard and using rope battling on each session.

Will keep you posted.

Zinc has made me a better man. - Cr33pin - 08-05-2013

I might OD on Vitamin B-6 due to my Zinc supplements. My OptiZinc has 20 mg B-6 at 1000% of my daily value, My ZMA has 10.5 mg at 525% of my daily value, and my Mega Men sport has 50 mg at 2500% of my daily value.........

Zinc has made me a better man. - Moma - 08-06-2013

Quote: (08-05-2013 06:46 AM)Moma Wrote:  

Got my l-optizinc on Saturday. Took 3 pills spaced out through the day with meals which equals 90mg of zinc. My first intake of the morning always includes 500mg of magnesium.

Yesterday (Sunday) was my second day of 90mg of zinc. Woke up this morning with some wood but nothing wild and amazing.

Recovering from a vicious onslaught at the gym. Been going hard and using rope battling on each session.

Will keep you posted.

Today will be my fourth day of 90mg of zinc from l-opti. So far I've wolfed down my first tab with my usual morning 500mg of mag.
So far 300mg of zinc in 4 days. Stay tuned..

Zinc has made me a better man. - anamericaninbangkok - 08-06-2013

I get testosterone shots every three weeks and it helps, absolutely. But I know Zinc helps too. There are a couple of things I'm planning on taking — just need to make time to go get them.

Zinc has made me a better man. - ero - 08-08-2013

150-200 mg?

One pill is like 10 mg.. so I have to take 15 of these to get 150 mg?

The bottle says I shouldn't take more than 2 pills.

What should I do?

Zinc has made me a better man. - Parlay44 - 08-08-2013

Quote: (08-08-2013 10:22 AM)ero Wrote:  

150-200 mg?

One pill is like 10 mg.. so I have to take 15 of these to get 150 mg?

The bottle says I shouldn't take more than 2 pills.

What should I do?

Dude 100mg made me nauseous. Just try one 10mg a day for a week and see how you feel. Slowly increase the dosage if you don't see a difference. You'll probably throw up if you took 150mg.

I take one 50mg pill once a day. Seems to be the perfect amount for me.

Zinc has made me a better man. - Sp5 - 08-12-2013

Quote: (08-06-2013 08:19 PM)anamericaninbangkok Wrote:  

I get testosterone shots every three weeks and it helps, absolutely. But I know Zinc helps too. There are a couple of things I'm planning on taking — just need to make time to go get them.

Wow, that would be interesting to try. Can you just walk into a clinic in Bangkok and get a shot? I'm a bit afraid I'd act like I was 16, go down to Nana and blow a lot of money. Also, my skin is bad enough as it is, still breaking out at 57.

But the benefits might outweigh that.

As for zinc, I scrape it off of galvanized trash cans and mix it into my mashed potatoes.

Zinc has made me a better man. - Architekt - 08-12-2013

Just back on the zinc after a couple week break. Forgot what a difference it makes

Zinc has made me a better man. - FitAsFuck - 08-12-2013

Quote: (08-05-2013 11:54 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

I might OD on Vitamin B-6 due to my Zinc supplements. My OptiZinc has 20 mg B-6 at 1000% of my daily value, My ZMA has 10.5 mg at 525% of my daily value, and my Mega Men sport has 50 mg at 2500% of my daily value.........

Regarding vitamin B-6 OD:

Quote:Quote:

The primary symptoms are pain and numbness of the extremities, and in severe cases difficulty walking. Sensory neuropathy typically develops at doses of Vitamin B-6 in excess of 1,000 mg per day. However, there have been a few case reports of individuals who developed sensory neuropathies at doses of less than 500 mg daily over a period of months. None of the studies, in which an objective neurological examination was performed, found evidence of sensory nerve damage at intakes of Vitamin B-6 below 200 mg/day. This condition is usually reversible when supplementation is stopped.

Tolerable upper limit seems to be set anywhere from 100mg in the US to 25mg in EU. Just beware of the symptoms described above and you will probably be fine.

Zinc has made me a better man. - Nascimento - 08-12-2013

How old are you guys that are supplementing with zinc?

Wondering if the effects for someone who is 20 is beneficial enough that supplementation is worth it.

Zinc has made me a better man. - rudebwoy - 08-12-2013

I am taking ZMA for over a week now, my bowel movements seem to smell differently and my libido does not seem to be changing.

Zinc has made me a better man. - shibby - 08-14-2013

Just took my first ever Zinc supplement pill after being inspired by this thread.

50mg, Zinc Gluconate, Solgars brand.

Took it about half hour ago after lunch. Got a mad headache now and upset stomach and feel like I'm going to barf.

27 yrs old.

Normal?

Zinc has made me a better man. - Thomas the Rhymer - 08-14-2013

Quote: (08-14-2013 02:43 AM)shibby Wrote:  

Just took my first ever Zinc supplement pill after being inspired by this thread.

Took it about half hour ago after lunch. Got a mad headache now and upset stomach and feel like I'm going to barf.

27 yrs old.

Normal?

I found that with Zinc tablets, there is a simple test one can do to check if it will cause nausea or not.

Simply drop one tablet into a glass of water and watch what happens.

If it dissolves easily, then the zinc will go down smoothly.

If it refuses to dissolve in the water, it will likely cause nausea and stomach pain. I'm guessing it's harder to digest a pill that refuses to dissolve and that irritates the stomach.

Zinc has made me a better man. - shibby - 08-14-2013

Quote: (08-14-2013 03:31 AM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

27 yrs old.

Normal?

I found that with Zinc tablets, there is a simple test one can do to check if it will cause nausea or not.

If it refuses to dissolve in the water, it will likely cause nausea and stomach pain. I'm guessing it's harder to digest a pill that refuses to dissolve and that irritates the stomach.

What brands do you know that pass this test?

Zinc has made me a better man. - Thomas the Rhymer - 08-14-2013

Quote: (08-14-2013 03:33 AM)shibby Wrote:  

27 yrs old.

Normal?

I've only tried this on South African brands. Unique Zinc passes the test best, is pretty cheap, does not irritate my stomach and is what I take every day.

Zinc has made me a better man. - HonantheBarbarian - 08-15-2013

Once I started taking Zinc and copper together I notciced much more pronounced nausea vs zinc and my other daily vitamins.

Ive since stopped taking copper momentarily.

Another thing is that I have been taking Zinc, B complex, Ginseng, D3 and E for so long im feeling little if any of the positive effects any more.

Perhaps its time to go cold turkey and detox for minute before I start them back up, one by one.

Zinc has made me a better man. - Randy - 08-22-2013

Quote: (08-14-2013 03:33 AM)shibby Wrote:  

27 yrs old.

Normal?

Spring Valley zinc caplets also pass this test. Very cheap, you can get them at Target.

Zinc has made me a better man. - Sp5 - 09-06-2013

Shit, my last day in Bangkok I was in a pharmacy buying Benadryl and saw they were selling 40mg caplets of Testosterone - over the counter.

Zinc has made me a better man. - NovaVirtu - 09-11-2013

Studied this thread as a lurker prior to joining, and decided to give it a shot.

Sweet Jesus.

Started taking only 60mg in the mornings with an omelet, ACV and a glass of black currant juice. I'm only 26 so low T isn't normally an issue for guys my age, but I've gone from being tired, unmotivated and having a "blah" attitude about most things to being a ravenous wolf in only a few days. My approaches are going better as well. I can confirm what previous posters have said about this stuff just making women more receptive to you. Really vivid, intense dreams too.

Who knew a $10 supplement could make such a positive difference?

I'm not a huge guy (155 lbs) so perhaps that's why this smaller dosage is having a such an effect. Can't wait to up the dosage next week.

This and a dropper of Vitamin D3 should be in every man's morning routine.