Roosh V Forum
US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member (/thread-63910.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - Il Bersagliere - 07-23-2017

Quote: (07-23-2017 03:00 AM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

But, it's all good, because people like this skinny-fat Quebecois loser with Thai 5 wife got to play pretend for a while in Lambos before off-ing themselves.

Damn, was she really a 5? [Image: undecided.gif]

I think he got whacked though. Suicide with a towel indeed. That seems a little too resourceful for a guy that couldn't get CCTVs in his compound, or a guy that left a paper trail and didn't have a killswitch on his operation.

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - Simeon_Strangelight - 07-23-2017

Quote: (07-23-2017 03:13 AM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

Quote: (07-23-2017 03:09 AM)Mercenary Wrote:  

Is this the way you want the forum to talk about you when you finally kick the bucket GlobalMan ?

If it is discovered that I have been facilitating the destruction of an untold number of lives, possibly people even close to you, then yes you should absolutely talk about me this way.

Let us not romanticize things here. Crime is crime for a reason.

I am personally for broad and smart legalization of drugs, but trading stolen identities and various other things are highly disruptive. Also so long as drugs are illegal, then they cause plenty of various backlash.

The not so funny part is that the former RVF member may have facilitated personally the identity theft of another RVF member. Such sites are illegal for a reason - it's only partly the oppressive globalist system, part of it is to protect the citizens of the world.

He probably did not intend to do people harm, but facts are facts - some people were harmed because of the "products" sold there.

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - Tokyo Joe - 07-23-2017

Quote: (07-23-2017 03:17 AM)Il Bersagliere Wrote:  

Quote: (07-23-2017 03:00 AM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

But, it's all good, because people like this skinny-fat Quebecois loser with Thai 5 wife got to play pretend for a while in Lambos before off-ing themselves.

Damn, was she really a 5? [Image: undecided.gif]

That would be a generous rating --

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - RIslander - 07-23-2017

^Speaking of which... is anyone on the forum qualified to drop an Identity Theft protection datasheet? I see these services like Lifelock offered but I feel its just a scam.

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - Conscious Pirate - 07-23-2017

Quote: (07-23-2017 03:28 AM)RIslander Wrote:  

Speaking of which... is anyone on the forum qualified to drop an Identity Theft protection datasheet?

Just read NTP's posting history with a sceptical eye & you'll be fine.

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - El Chinito loco - 07-23-2017

Quote: (07-22-2017 10:10 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

Rawmeo fucked up on a bunch of levels, especially with his criminal disregard for safety measures and managing his optics.

Marrying locally was a big fail.
Buying fast cars in his middle-class thai neighborhood was suspicious as fuck.
Owning those mansions was a big fail.
Joining this forum and bragging about all that shit was a colossal fail.

I find that last part really funny since we have some really successful men on this forum who are worth tons of money but you wouldn't know. Guys who could probably write some serious, deep datasheets that would be worthy of publishing deals--but they don't fuck around with their privacy like that and I respect that.

Guys think they're not being watched until the hammer comes down on them and it's over. I don't say this to disrespect rawmeo, but for you guys thinking you can just show up in Asia and flaunt your imaginary ill-begotten gains, you're going to get fucked hard. Even in reasonably developed places like China, there is a seedy underbelly that can find you very easily if you're not careful.

That's just the thing there's literally noone worth impressing with money anywhere.. least of all in Thailand.

Who is there to impress?

Slightly more high quality sluts in nightclubs?

Venal xenophobic hi-so Thais who couldn't give two shits about foreigners?

Fellow "expats" in Thailand many of which are the dregs of humanity?

Thai government officials love shit like this not only for the high profile "bust" of the year it nets them when they can splash this all over their salacious tabloid newspapers.

But it's also Thai jackpot bonanza time as they split up the assets of the deceased foreigner.

Guess who gets the house, any money in Thai banks, and cars? They will lift every rock to find every single solitary satang under the sofa. They will shake his Thai significant other down constantly until she coughs up any financial information she might know.

You bet some corrupt piece of shit Thai official is wetting himself with excitement thinking about all the dough he's going to have selling this shit.

I bet those same officials will turn right around and do something far more shady with that cash than rawmeo's largely victimless enterprise.

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - Sherman - 07-23-2017

Here is a good article that gives some specific details of how the authorities caught him:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/22/16009...arketplace

As a side note, the years I have lived in Mexico I have kept track of the gringos in my area who have met with violent deaths. In almost every case, drugs were involved in some way. It is the quickest way to get murdered in a third world country. I won't have anything to do with someone who is involved with drugs that are illegal in the country I am living in.

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - lavidaloca - 07-23-2017

Mercenary if you are not aware. (This is information from other boards) Alpha02 provided explicit instructions and details as to how to perform identity theft, credit card scams etc. In the court documents that name was linked to this member. The amount of pain and suffering caused by him to many innocent people far outweighs a few threads like marrying thai woman, high-so dating etc.

Take a look at one of his guides which can be found with a simple google search of the admin account name and credit card identity fraud.

How about this one. "multiple overdoses across the country have been attributed to the site" This is referring to fentanyl which is a deadly drug.
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/...51681.html

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - El Chinito loco - 07-23-2017

This would probably be a good time for people on here to carefully consider how they want their assets managed when they die too. For guys like us who are often abroad in developing world countries you can't rely on the system at all. There's only a couple people in the world I trust enough to have my financial info and it's good I have a solid relationship with them.

I have long term investments which they know how to access if I were to pass away somehow. Always have a fail safe back up plan for your cash and assets.

The corrupt officials in these countries will take everything you own unless you have it secured so that the right people can get it if you were to pass away or if something were to happen so where you're indisposed.

Quote: (07-23-2017 03:50 AM)Sherman Wrote:  

Here is a good article that gives some specific details of how the authorities caught him:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/22/16009...arketplace

As a side note, the years I have lived in Mexico I have kept track of the gringos in my area who have met with violent deaths. In almost every case, drugs were involved in some way. It is the quickest way to get murdered in a third world country. I won't have anything to do with someone who is involved with drugs that are illegal in the country I am living in.

That's what authorities are willing to reveal as the evidence they used but it could have been any number of things. If they have some piece of technology they can use to track people who think they are anonymous they aren't going to reveal that to the public either.

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - GlobalMan - 07-23-2017

Just to be clear - and I would hope that this clarification isn't necessary - but I do not take any pleasure in any man's death, and certainly not a man who passed through our small corner of the world and may have helped some dudes in some way.

But, at the same time, I do not like the glorification of what in reality are the damaging actions of an ultimately troubled man. There is nothing in his actions to admire or respect.

I can certainly understand why some younger members may look at the lifestyle he lived - which, in all reality, was pretty crappy beyond material items - and admire it in some way. Who doesn't want some of those things? But this isn't a tv show, this isn't Breaking Bad and he wasn't Walter White selling to meth heads in order to pay for cancer treatment and support his family. These were destructive actions for no positive or worthwhile gain, they were for vanity. And hell, he didn't even have an enviable life or make the most of it when it was going good.

Perhaps my words were slightly harsh, but as I said I have seen the results of such crimes and they are devastating. Devastating to good and honest people who are actually hustling.

I have spoken to and got to know members off of the forum and you would not believe what some of these great dudes do in real life and what they have achieved. And they have done so in a legit way not causing harm to others, while also helping others accomplish goals and reach higher heights. These are the men who should be associated with the word "respect".

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - Simeon_Strangelight - 07-23-2017

Quote: (07-23-2017 04:08 AM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

Just to clear - and I would hope that this clarification isn't necessary - but I do not take any pleasure in any man's death, and certainly not a man who passed through our small corner of the world and may have helped some dudes in some way.

But, at the same time, I do not like the glorification of what in reality are the damaging actions of an ultimately troubled man. There is nothing in his actions to admire or respect.

I can certainly understand why some younger members may look at the lifestyle he lived - which, in all reality, was pretty crappy beyond material items - and admire it in some way. Who doesn't want some of those things? But this isn't a tv show, this isn't Breaking Bad and he wasn't Walter White selling to meth heads in order to pay for cancer treatment and support his family. These were destructive actions for no positive or worthwhile gain, they were for vanity. And hell, he didn't have an enviable life or make the most of it when it was going good.

Perhaps my words were slightly harsh, but as I said I have seen the results of such crimes and they are devastating. Devastating to good and honest people who are actually hustling.

I have spoken to and got to know members off of the forum and you would not believe what some of these great dudes do in real life and what they have achieved. And they have done so in a legit way not causing harm to others, while also helping others accomplish goals and reach higher heights. These are the men who should be associated with the word "respect".

I agree - if he actually wrote datasheets on how to do identity theft, then this goes beyond a simple illegal trading site.

And as far as his lifestyle goes - he was actually a conservative guy who wanted to have a normal loving family, be accepted, admired by his peers, maybe with a pretty thing on the side. He did not live some kind of glorious lifestyle with the cash he had. The woman he married is also not a stunner - maybe a good girl and a virgin who got now entangled into all of this.

We have to remember that our online presence here are just a few choice words in the hyperreality of the internet. What matters in your life is not what you type here, even if your words have actually helped a few men. What matters more is what you do in your day-to-day life, in the interactions with your loved ones, the world in general, what you do with your life. RVF posts should be only a tiny part of that activity.

Also - he does not look like the kind of guy who could stomach 20 years behind bars in a maximum security ward in Canada - together with tough drug dealers and murderers. He was obviously deeply invested in his sane world private life in Thailand. A suicide is thus not unlikely - why they always bring up the "Illuminati" stuff into it is beneath me - as if the true LEVEL 1 rulers would really care about this.

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - frozen-ace - 07-23-2017

Do you think he had any idea he was being watched or followed? Any clue at all? Did he read the stories on the fall of Silk Road? He had to of known that he had become an enemy of the state (although a rather low one) and that they would come for him. Did he not read about Snowden? Or any of these recent releases and realize the full extent of nation-state electronic surveillance? Did he think somehow it wouldn't apply to him? His head was so far buried in the sand he didn't even see it coming...

Now imagine the federal investigators (DEA?)- you know they had a government-sanctioned account on here as part of their operation, and they would monitor all his posts as part of their sting while they built up evidence and developed a psychological profile. Who knows, maybe they even tried to meet up with him via the forum (although based on his penchant for expensive villas and cars and bank accounts all in his real name, an actual meetup was probably not necessary). A more likely operation would have been the classic honey-trap. It would have been easy to catch a playboy with a little honey (or in this case, some "post fertility" honey, and then use it to gather evidence or blackmail.

I don't quite understand the suicide part. Was he afraid to face the music, and couldn't think of losing it all? Did he think of going from being a "playboy" to never sleeping with another woman again- EVER- and that push him over the edge? In all likelihood it would have gone the same way as the Silk Road guy- hey maybe they could have been cell mates. People will like to think it was an inside job- that someone had him erased- but I am never surprised by levels of incompetence. The jail staff were probably too laid back / not doing their job and did not check up on his cell regularly.

And before you guys go on with the hero worship (since facilitating the sale of every form of drug, weapons for criminals, fraud, and stealing the common man's identity and putting him through hell is an honorable undertaking for the location independent player)- realize that he put the reputation of the forum at risk (and the fallout from that is not done), and probably put individual members at risk as well. They will be looking at his associates trying to figure out who else had a hand in running this, or perhaps was involved on the money laundering side, especially if you had phone contact with him. For those of you that text with him, I wouldn't be surprised if you get flagged just for the hell of it, and for the rest of time whenever you fly in our out of certain countries you might get an extra hassle with customs. Once you get flagged, you are always flagged.

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - Matsufubu - 07-23-2017

I'm not going to dance on anyone's grave here, but GlobalMan is right on this one. Where do we draw the line of what's acceptable to finance a player's lifestyle? Credit card theft? People trafficking? Child prostitution? Perhaps people who engage in these sorts of things have value to others in their life, may post useful and intelligent info on various forums...but I'd still want the FBI to take them down for their crimes.

This reminds me of way back in my early twenties when my best friend and I were involved in all sorts of illegal stuff that I obviously cannot discuss here. Long and short of it is that I realised we were way in over our heads, and I pulled out. My best friend stayed in and went onwards and upwards, blinded by the easy money (not $23 mill, but still serious cash by anyone's standards). He phoned me whilst in the middle of doing something so totally illegal and out of character, with people who were genuinely dangerous, and I talked him out of it. He didn't like it, thought I was a square and it cost him social capital with these people, but three months later he was completely out of it. He and his family are eternally grateful to me for using my influence with him to get him out of that situation, as we all know he'd be dead by now without his best friend looking out for him. Perhaps that is what Alex was missing: someone to put his hand on his shoulder, and say "Mate, it's time to get out".

RIP Rawmeo, you played Russian Roulette for too long.

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - Leonard D Neubache - 07-23-2017

Frankly the way the western security apparatus is so overburdened with terror suspects these day I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason he made the fed's shitlist was that it came to a point where too many of his customers had the first or last name Mohammed.

I'm actually surprised in a sense that Uncle Sam didn't approach him and make him an offer he couldn't refuse rather than nuking the site and slamming him in a cell.

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - eradicator - 07-23-2017

It's funny, when I found out he was married, I figured, "at least his wife was probably hot" and then saw the photos, and yikes!

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - ivansirko - 07-23-2017

Just my 2 euro cents here...

Should we honor or should we shit on? Nothing changes the fact that a man is dead and he is not here to explain his actions. But we can analyze what he has said in this forum.

Someone had brought up the Thai datasheet and the bragging of the fortunes of the forum member in question. One post asked how he got this fortune and the forum member in question, in laymans terms, said "mind your own f***ing business". Now i have friends who i have known for over 2 decades. If he started to bring lamborginis home with lots of houses (even in Thailand) I would want to know where he got the money from. If he said "mind your own f***ing business" I would presume he is either robbing a bank or selling drugs, in other words doing something illegal.

If he has helped anyone here then he should be honored as a good but flawed forum member. I would also consider the idea of what else he may have lied about either explicitly or by omission mainly because of the one comment i spoke of above. In addition, a part of the red pill is not having to brag about "things" you have. It seems he had taken the red pill at one time but this "activity" may have retrograded this practice at certain points in his life....and this applies whether his activities were legal or not.

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - Blaster - 07-23-2017

His mom doesn't seem offended at all by the content of his forum posts. She's just shocked at the idea that he's some kind of drug lord. Which, let's be honest, what he was doing probably doesn't fit the classic stereotype of a criminal kingpin.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017...-good-boy/

Quote:Quote:

She didn't seem fazed by Cazes' writings and added: "Why relate conversations of kids who toss [such comments] back and forth! Who is more ‘pimped’ than another! They all do that in their school hallways. Or in bars! No, it doesn’t shock me."

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - samsamsam - 07-23-2017

Quote: (07-23-2017 02:03 AM)El_Gostro Wrote:  

If anything, we can take this as a lesson on the value of humility and try to learn whatever can be learnt from it...?

Quote: (07-23-2017 08:04 AM)ivansirko Wrote:  

In addition, a part of the red pill is not having to brag about "things" you have.

These are not qualities that are admired by society in general. If anything, for some guys who chase women, it is especially important to be flashy and stand out. With social media and attention whoring it would unlikely to believe humility is abundant in society. While I don't normally follow a lot of social media, especially don't look at guys profiles on Instagram etc. But I imagine some guys try just as hard as girls do to get attention.

The other issue that drives the lack of humility is consequence free thinking. Rawmeo was younger maybe he never understood that there are consequences for such actions. Unlikely, but maybe.

Even on this forum when lots of new posters (apparently younger ones) start posting stupid shit and they get negative comments from the forum, they get offended and hurt and start arguing.

In America it seems, when someone does something wrong in life (let's say they cut you off and you honk at them) they want to fight you about it. If I cut someone off, I know it's my bad. I don't give the middle finger or anything. I wave and keep driving. As a side note, I don't recall the last time I cut someone off. And I actually fucking use my signal light. It's called respecting others.

I think the key lessons on this thread will be missed by many people whose minds are wired for self indulgence. Probably most will either think "don't get caught" is the lesson or "it won't happen to me."

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - soundz - 07-23-2017

I've read a lot of crap in this thread, let me clear a few points up.

First and foremost Alex was a weird guy, not the going out party or even go to the bar type. Meet him a couple of times whilst I was living in Bangkok.

He's obviously an incredibly gifted programmer, everyone is jumping all over him calling him an idiot etc. I agree his opsec was piss poor.

Leaving his personal email address on a header or something was very silly, basically fucked before he started.

Nothing after this really mattered, it was the single piece of evidence that tied him to alphabay. The fact that the criminal complaint discussed his posting on here was nothing more than the FBI sure'ing up there case against him. Simply, after they got his email address it was all over.

But yes I would totally agree living in Bangkok for one was silly, at least base yourself in a country that doesn't extradite people to the US (Russia?). The thais are hard on drugs and pliable when it comes to America.

Further to this I think he just got over his head, seems like he was running a one man band with a few extra helpers doing admin on the platform. This was just a likely to fuck him in the long run as he didn't have anyone to sound ideas off. He also never changed servers, not wise. But as I said before it really didn't matter.

Lastly, what I believe got him into this situation. The attractive of being sought after. He striked as if his only motivation in life was to bed thai girls, use to write guides on how to pull high so girls whilst bedding some seriously low hanging fruit.

Anyway rest in peace brother.

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - Going strong - 07-23-2017

Quote: (07-23-2017 09:47 AM)soundz Wrote:  

at least base yourself in a country that doesn't extradite people to the US (Russia?).

All countries would "extradite" to the US (or in this case, simply and easily deport to Canada), a foreign citizen. No country would protect a non-natural born citizen (of said country) from that kind of heat. Russia for example would have voided Cazes' visa in ten minutes top.

For Cazes, there was no legal, easy way out, once he had gone too far, and this is a lesson to people who might be tempted by crime. Don't think you'll go to a Brazilian beach, live in the open and boast about "no extradition" like in Hollywood movies: Brazil would just void your tourist visa and deport you. Deport, not extradite.

To sum it up, when countries cannot easily, rapidly extradite you, it does not matter, they deport you. Either to your country of birth, or to the last country you entered from. No need for extradition processes, they cancel your current visa.

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - RIslander - 07-23-2017

^The only way around it is to gain citizenship in a country with no extradition policy.

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - Leonard D Neubache - 07-23-2017

To be straight, I take an interest in this "how to survive on the run" stuff because Hillary was about >< this close to winning the election, and it's not as it we're out of the woods yet, either.

Many millions of people throughout history have had to flee from the long arm of the law, and statistically speaking most of them never did anything wrong except have the wrong politics or simply exist in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So the question of what Cazes might have done is not necessarily purely academic.

His mother seems to know more about the world and is not shamed by the press who seem to think that online comments on the forum are the worst thing he had done:

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017...-good-boy/

She continued in English:

"With all the fake news today, I don't think that everything we see is the real thing, and how can we be sure about all this conversation!!? And a lot of people say all kind of things on forums! And some people likes to get reactions and i think this is what Alex did if he 'really' said that."

Though the people defending him on Facebook don't know exactly what has been going on:

The FBI must absolutely have a culprit, and now that Alex has died, it’s difficult to get information, so why not put the [criminal] charges on Alex’s shoulders…I even heard on the radio that they brought up an e-mail address linked to the site which was Alex's personal address!!! Let's see! See if a genius like him would have done some shit like that! And by the way, EBX Technologie was created by Alex in 2009 and he really worked honestly and designed several programs and websites for several businesses, alphabay was created in 2014 following the closure of silk road, and at the risk of repeating myself He was already a millionaire before alphabay! So we really don't understand what his motives would have been... if he really did what the Americans blame him for in the past 3 years and not forever... in any case he was never judged and will never be able to defend himself from these accusations... easy to put everything on his shoulders now... anyway we will never know the truth but we still have serious doubts.. but it will never change the Love we have for him and no matter for us he will always be in our heart ❤️ rip alexandre.. we really love you, forever ❤️❤️❤️

Somewhere I read that members met him in 2014 and he wasn't a millionaire then.

The story checks out so far.

Either way - I hope that the highly pregnant wife gets to keep some of the money. It's most tragic for her.

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - Going strong - 07-23-2017

Quote: (07-23-2017 11:06 AM)RIslander Wrote:  

^The only way around it is to gain citizenship in a country with no extradition policy.

Not even that; all countries (unless I am mistaken) have fine-print provisions in their residency or migration laws, stating that if you failed to report during application process that you were involved in criminal activities, then your subsequent citizenship, if granted, will be cancelled once the lie is discovered.

Countries are not stupid, they sometimes attract suckers with their "economic residency" programs, but the poor suckers are not aware that these citizenships will be, one way or another, voided if a big country brings heat against them.

Once again, there was no legal way for Cazes to escape from the Law.

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member - soundz - 07-23-2017

Quote: (07-23-2017 10:56 AM)Going strong Wrote:  

All countries would "extradite" to the US (or in this case, simply and easily deport to Canada), a foreign citizen. No country would protect a non-natural born citizen (of said country) from that kind of heat. Russia for example would have voided Cazes' visa in ten minutes top.

Yeah, I don't think Edward Snowden would agree!