Roosh V Forum
Escape The West - But To Where? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Escape The West - But To Where? (/thread-51864.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Escape The West - But To Where? - Kale_anonymous - 01-06-2016

Quote: (01-06-2016 08:40 PM)Robert Plant Wrote:  

I have lived in 4 countries and traveled in 38 including several 1 month+ trips. I also had a sailboat and spent a year and a half sailing around the Caribbean. There are definitely some places that are nicer, less chaotic and less corrupt than others. Also, women in some countries are certainly better than in others. Unfortunately, the nicest places don't usually correspond with the best women. From my perspective as a guy who's into outdoor activities as well as good food and wine, the best places are in the West (parts of the France, Spain, Portugal and even parts of the U.S. and Canada). Unfortunately the best women (some of this based on second hand knowledge from the forum) are to be found in parts of Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe.

My solution is to live in the places with the great food, outdoor activities and economic opportunities and take long vacations to the places with the best girls. A case in point, a week or two in Manila or Bangkok is awesome but I can't even imagine living in either place. Places like San Diego, Bordeaux and Lisbon are awesome for living and have enough not horrible women to keep a decently good looking guy with game reasonably satisfied.

I also agree that happy people can keep themselves happy in a variety of environments. Even though moving and traveling can improve your happiness. These are just a piece of the happiness pie.

Could you expand on your time in San aka Man diego as well as Lisbon? I wish I would have visited Lisbon as I was so close in Barcelona. I still hear its not an easy task getting laid there

Escape The West - But To Where? - stefpdt - 01-07-2016

Quote: (01-06-2016 08:40 PM)Robert Plant Wrote:  

I have lived in 4 countries and traveled in 38 including several 1 month+ trips. I also had a sailboat and spent a year and a half sailing around the Caribbean. There are definitely some places that are nicer, less chaotic and less corrupt than others. Also, women in some countries are certainly better than in others. Unfortunately, the nicest places don't usually correspond with the best women. From my perspective as a guy who's into outdoor activities as well as good food and wine, the best places are in the West (parts of the France, Spain, Portugal and even parts of the U.S. and Canada). Unfortunately the best women (some of this based on second hand knowledge from the forum) are to be found in parts of Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe.

My solution is to live in the places with the great food, outdoor activities and economic opportunities and take long vacations to the places with the best girls. A case in point, a week or two in Manila or Bangkok is awesome but I can't even imagine living in either place. Places like San Diego, Bordeaux and Lisbon are awesome for living and have enough not horrible women to keep a decently good looking guy with game reasonably satisfied.

I also agree that happy people can keep themselves happy in a variety of environments. Even though moving and traveling can improve your happiness. These are just a piece of the happiness pie.

This is the 100% truth. It's the player's paradox. The West offers the best living conditions while the rest of the world offers the best women.

So make the best of the situation and just have BOTH (live in West and fly out often).

Escape The West - But To Where? - [email protected] - 08-17-2016

Intercontinental LTRs might become the norm in the near future. Nations like Australia are already raising the cost of spousal visa. to make things worse once the women get sponsored they use their leverage to betray their sponsor and look for "better deals."

I've met a few men in their 40's at my gym that periodically fly to Ukraine and back for their LTR. These guys are pretty open about what a raw deal aussie women are and want no part of it. What I find amusing is this 'epidemic' of Aussie men getting foreign brides and the women don't have a clue what's going on. I guess it shouldn't surprise me, a female 6 with a male 9 is pretty common down here.

As the costs associated with bringing a woman down here sky-rockets (visa costs, divorce-rape, cucking) men will reduce their risks by purchasing 2 or 3 return trips overseas. These miners and shiftworkers earning over 120K can afford it.

Escape The West - But To Where? - Unchained - 11-27-2016

Quote: (01-01-2016 06:50 AM)Pete Wrote:  

Puerto Rico is the best place in your list. I live here, but I've traveled south america and the caribbean extensively.

There's no other place in the caribbean or south america with 1st world infrastructure. Sure some south american cities are modern and all, but IMO it's not comparable.

Weather: the lowest I've seen here (10-15 minutes to the beach) 77 degrees and the highest like 95.

Puerto Rico is 100mi x 35mi. You can get from a tropical rainforest (El Yunque), to the beach in 10 minutes.

Or, if you like, you can go to the other side of the island (Guanica, etc.) which has (very small) desserts like "Desierto de Guanica".

PR also has one of the top ten beaches in the world @ one of it's islands (Culebra).

Food here it's pretty good, you can eat local food or (if you like it) eat on us chains of restaurants.

I'd love to go to PR I've gotta plan a trip there sometime soon.

But for long term stay, assuming I'm location independent, what would it be like for a black guy? I've heard Puerto Ricans are some of the most color struck of all the Latin Americans, who like most of the planet worship whites and see darker skinned people as poor, ghetto, ugly, etc.

Escape The West - But To Where? - Brother Abdul Majeed - 11-27-2016

Quote: (11-21-2015 01:03 PM)redpillage Wrote:  

WHERE TO GO? I am sure others in this forum have been considering the expat option and perhaps have been attributing time and resources into finding a new home somewhere else in the world. So the purpose of this thread is to combine our efforts and to produce a list of countries/cities that satisfy our minimum requirements for making a life there. On our end that would be:
  • Low Muslim Population - preferably a Christian or heavily secular country.
  • Relative Safety - by relative I mean not having to worry about getting shot or robbed on the way to the gym/market. That rules out many parts of Mexico for instance but not all. It also dropped Buenos Aires and many parts of Argentina off our list.
  • Solid Basic Infrastructure - clean water and electricity with rare outages. A challenge in many parts of South America but it's a regional thing, and there are places in Mexico that have great water whilst you may get arsenic poisoning drinking water out of the faucet or mercury poisoning just taking a shower in others.
  • Solid Internet Access - I am talking at least 5Mb/sec with rare outages. That'll be a tough one outside 1st world countries.
  • Good Weather - note that I mentioned 'good' and not 'great' - if I have to choose between L.A. or Mediterranean weather and living out my days in peace/safety I rather deal with a bit of seasonal discomfort.
  • Food We Like - that sounds like a luxury but I have learned in my life that living in a place where you hate the food is almost impossible. Forget about organic food of course - we hope to find a place where we make friends with local farmers and perhaps grow our own vegetables.

I had visited Panama several times and finally decided to make it my permanent home. I just bought a small business and am in the process of buying a house now. There are a few legal hoops to jump through (Panama is very paranoid about where your money has come from, as they are constantly excoriated by Western nations and it is incorrectly assumed that it's a haven for illegal money), but once you've jumped through those hoops, your life is golden. You'll need a decent lawyer.
Renting a place and working here is easy though, and many people do rent for a year before buying.

Panama is a very family oriented nation. They have no time for U.N. nonsense. They don't like "sex education" and other degeneracies that western nations try to impose on them.
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/100000...yle-sex-ed
Quote:Quote:

A hundred thousand Panamanians took to their capital city’s streets to oppose a new national bill that would introduce both sexuality education and gender ideology into their schools.

“This law is a colonization attempt. It was written and imposed on Panama by UN Population Fund (UNFPA) and it is not the fruit of our legislature’s will,” Juan Francisco de la Guardia told the Friday Fax. De la Guardia is president of the Panamanian Alliance for Life and Family and one of the march organizers.
That's about 1 out of every 40 Panamanians showing up to protest.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/shortc...ke-denmark

Cultural attache for Panama, Laura Montenegro, thinks it is down to the fact the country has a thriving economy and has maintained its traditional values. “Family bonds are very strong here, and on Sundays everyone still gets together,” she says. “So even when people are struggling they don’t feel alone. We have a very beautiful landscape too and even in Panama city you never feel too far from nature.
The people here are very happy. Control of the canal has reverted back to the government and people of Panama since the American lease ended a few years ago. The economy is booming and we have a very pro-business government here.

https://internationalliving.com/2016/01/...n-in-2016/

It’s that time of year again…International Living’s Annual Global Retirement Index is hitting the presses. And in the top spot: Panama.

I should say: Panama again. Because this tiny powerhouse has topped this index more times than any other country. (International Living’s first Annual Global Retirement Index was published in 1992.)

Every year, International Living’s experts and expat contributors compile data and real-world insights about everything from climate and healthcare to cost of living and ease of fitting in. The result is an “only the best” list of retirement destinations that offer comfortable and convenient lifestyles for less.

What makes Panama stand out amongst so many wonderful countries? For most of the expats who have chosen Panama as their home, the welcoming people and the variety of climates and landscapes are some of the things that make this a great place to live. More importantly, the overall value and convenience of life in Panama is hard to beat.
Lot's of retirees choose to live here also.

Other than certain areas of Panama City itself, crime is very low. Where I live, if you leave something on the bar while you go to take a piss, someone might steal it, but physical assaults rarely happen.

The infrastructure will depend on what area of the country you live in. It varies dramatically. I live in a poorer area, power might go out for an hour or two every week or so. The water also gets rationed in town. Neither of those things bother me as I'm going to live completely off grid. I don't mean the stingy type of off grid, I'll be able to generate enough power and have enough water to live the same type of lifestyle I had in Canada.

Growing a lot of my own fruits and vegetables will not be a problem either, you push a stick in the ground and it will sprout branches in days. The girl next door to where I'm staying planted a papaya seed in January, and now it's already a nine foot tall tree that's bearing fruit. Whatever fruit or vegetable you can think of, it will grow. Coffee, cacao, pineapples, mangos, corn, beans, tomatoes, etc. etc.

The weather and landscape varies depending on which region you live in. Panama has a few island in the Caribbean sea, and life on those islands is very much like life on other Caribbean islands. They were mostly settled by Jamaican canal workers 100 years ago, and there's a great reggae vibe. This area is called Bocas Del Toro, and it's quite warm, but the scenery is spectacular and you'll never run out of things to do.

There are also islands on the Pacific side too and they tend to be a little more upscale. I don’t know a lot about them, so I’ll just link to a website that can tell you more.

In the middle are the mountains. At the moment I’m just laying low in a little town called Boquete. It’s about 3 hours from where I live, but I wanted a little change in scenery for the weekend. It feels so refreshing to be up here in the mountains. The climate here is fabulous, about 20 degrees year round (I’m Canadian, so that’s Celsius). Lots of expats choose to live here, so any store I walk into English is spoken. I’m really enjoying my time here so far and I’ve never tasted better coffee in my life. I had to close the window in the place I was staying last night because there was a breeze and it was making me feel cold.

Panama has 2 airlines, COPA being the main one which flies back and forth to many North American and European cities (and Istanbul for some odd reason), but there’s a smaller one called Air Panama which offers discount fares to nearer destinations in Colombia, Peru, Costa Rica and other destinations in South and central America. It’s really cheap to take excursions to Medellin, Bogata, Lima, san Jose, etc. The flight attendants are young and pretty, the way flight attendants were meant to be. Flying is such a pleasure when you’re attended by these ladies instead of the chunky French Canadian cows and saasy mantendants that Air Canada and British airways now offer.

Food here is alright. The service in restaurants can be lacking, but it’s not very costly. There are a few staple dishes that are always good, chicken, rice, beans, fish, the kind of dishes that one would expect in central America. When you live here though, you buy your own groceries, and for the most part, you’d ber familiar with the brands, as they are the same as you’d see in the U.S. or Canada. Of course there are Chinese, Indian, Italian, Mexican restaurants tooand on average the price would be about half of what I’d pay in a similar restaurant back in Canada. There’s a little local restaurant that i frequent which offers me an open air view of the ocean. I usually get a dish of rice, fried plantains, ‘pollo frito”, and a cerveza. My bill come to $5.50, and I usually can’t finish my plate. Panama wouldn’t be a place where I’d rave about the food in restaurants however, but if you enjoy cooking, there’s no reason you can’t cook up whatever you want, everything is available in the stores.

I hope to make a bit of money when I’m down here. There's a reason why many businesses register in Panama, whether a small or large business, there are tax breaks, different ways of registering a company, including a Sociedad Anonime (it is what it sounds like), and negotiations that can be had with authorities. They are eager to build up a middle class here, as minimum wage is $2.50 an hour, so locals can be hired at a good cost. The currency is the Balboa, but everyone uses $U.S., as the government has wisely pegged the Balboa to the U.S. $ at a 1:1 ratio. They don’t even print bills, just coins, but rarely do you ever see Balboas, 95% of commerce is carried out with American coins and bills. A very wise move, if the U.S.$ starts tanking, they can unhitch themselves from it.

At the moment I'm going back and forth between here and Canada, but once I've wrapped up my loose ends in Canada early next year I might only go back once a year or so to see friends and relatives. I'm very happy with my life here.

Here are some links to different sites.
Bocas Del Toro (where i live) http://www.bocasdeltoro.com/
Pearl islands (on the Pacific side) http://pearl-islands.com/
Boquete (in the Highlands) https://www.lonelyplanet.com/panama/chir...ce/boquete
Darien Gap (the reason why you can't drive from Alaska to the tip of Argentina - 100 miles with no roads) http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2008/09/...ce-of.html
Casco Viejo (gorgeous old world architecture) http://cascoviejo.com/

Those are only a few of the places. I'm sure an older Panama hand might know a few more.

Escape The West - But To Where? - RBerkley - 11-27-2016

^ Nice :-)

I'm hoping that the CBSA (Canadian Border Patrol) doesn't give you any crap when you arrive in Canada, unless you got those machine readable passports which make it a breeze.

I know that when entering Canada from the USA I get interrogated more than some Saudi Arabian entering JFK telling everyone at the airport that he is planning on taking some flight lessons in the state of new Jersey to fly a Boeing plane.

The important focus is to get that Canadian assets out of Canada fast before Trudeau or some female parasite ends up confiscating the wealth either through taxation or litigation in Family Court.

I'm not a lawyer or CPA (universities are already feminized in Canada, what's the use wasting money to study that?), but as long as you don't funnel more than $9,999 Canadian dollars CASH at a time from Toronto to Panama City, no one is supposed to give you crap about "money laundering legislation".

The best idea to transfer huge amounts over $50,000 Canadian dollars out of Canada is to mix that money with an asset sale such as a house or car, and show a receipt....If they ask, just say it was proceeds from car sale, garage sale in Canada and you're re-locating to Panama for retirement.

If proceeds are over $100,000, the banks in Canada will go apeshit and definitely report it to FINTRAC or CBSA, but funny that the banks would smile with a happy face at some "foreign investor" from China/Asia/Middle East carrying suitcases filled with cash to purchase an overpriced home in Toronto.

My suggestion is that any Red Piller here who is planning on saving over 100k to transfer out of Canada or USA is to transfer the minimum bits at a time so it doesn't get flagged by banks, and to "incorporate" a business and transferring the capital there at least three financial years before plugging the "capital" out of the "company".

Just not expect that you can pack stacks of grands in your pockets to Pearson Airport thinking that it wouldn't cause a Red Flag to paranoid bureaucrats. They will even seize your money, detain you and fine you right in your country of origin before your flight if you don't declare your cash. Play it smart and only walk with a dollar less than the declaration amount (probably $10,000 Canadian). It's better than having all of that cash seized, plus paying a minimum $5,000 fine for some "anti-money laundering" law.

Readers-Consult with a lawyer. I'm not a lawyer.

Escape The West - But To Where? - Brother Abdul Majeed - 11-27-2016

^^ Prepaid credit cards are good too. There's always bitcoin as well, buy bitcoin on the exchange, put it in your bitcoin wallet, and bob's your uncle - cash out anywhere in the world.
However, like you, I'm no lawyer either, but there's always more than one way to skin a cat.

It won't be long before Canada starts taking more draconian measures to prevent the outflow of cash. Other western countries also.

Escape The West - But To Where? - RBerkley - 11-27-2016

Exactly! You got more travel clout than me though, but with the BitCoin, as long one buy low, the volatility ain’t much of an issue.

Speaking of money restrictions, I believe that Canada will go harder on money leaving the country, rather than the money coming in the country from a “foreign student from Middle East/Asia” purchasing a million dollar home in downtown Toronto “to study basket weaving at Mc Gill or University of Toronto”.

It’s strange or a weird co-incidence that the emphasis on “stopping money laundering” in Canada was about women complaining about their ex-husbands transferring money out to offshore havens like Cayman Islands, Switzerland and Bermuda in order to prevent Family Court wealth confiscation. KPMG Accounting Firm was investigated for that in 2014 or early 2015.
If a man in Canada is considered more of a suspect than a war criminal just for saving his money in an offshore country, then that country is definitely pussywhipped to the maximum.

In any case, you’re the lucky few who got out from that feminist totalitarian police state called Canada.

Bad thing is that the younger ones from 18-29 are not that lucky because they are broke and over $30,000 in student loan and consumer debt which were all spent out on studying a degree in a horrible job market these days.

The only ones in that age group doing well are probably Scotian from Alberta working in the oil rig. One day, he will probably need to transfer his money out of Canada before it gets confiscated either under inflation (INFLATION LIKE A 90-CENT DOLLAR DEPRECIATING TO 60-CENTS), or through taxation and confiscation from the government.

It’s bizarre that the Canadian dollar is under constant fear of becoming a peso, but at 74 cents, this should be considered Gold. 2017 will definitely be a rough year in Canada in terms of the mortgage bubble.

Escape The West - But To Where? - eddie_7 - 11-28-2016

Quote: (08-17-2016 08:26 AM)[email protected] Wrote:  

Intercontinental LTRs might become the norm in the near future. Nations like Australia are already raising the cost of spousal visa. to make things worse once the women get sponsored they use their leverage to betray their sponsor and look for "better deals."

I've met a few men in their 40's at my gym that periodically fly to Ukraine and back for their LTR. These guys are pretty open about what a raw deal aussie women are and want no part of it. What I find amusing is this 'epidemic' of Aussie men getting foreign brides and the women don't have a clue what's going on. I guess it shouldn't surprise me, a female 6 with a male 9 is pretty common down here.

As the costs associated with bringing a woman down here sky-rockets (visa costs, divorce-rape, cucking) men will reduce their risks by purchasing 2 or 3 return trips overseas. These miners and shiftworkers earning over 120K can afford it.

I do indeed agree. From what I've read it is very risky for a man to extract a woman from her environment(which I think is a huge influence in shaping a woman) and place her into a Western cultural environment. Either she will no longer find the incentive to be a feminine woman(i.e become obese, masculine, bitchy, nagging) or she will keep her looks in order to "upgrade", especially given the low competition she has to face in Australia.

I myself plan in the future to move permanently to another country and integrate into the culture there in order to take the time to find a high quality LTR/wife material woman and keep her there.

Escape The West - But To Where? - rafaeld - 02-16-2017

Quote: (01-07-2016 01:13 AM)stefpdt Wrote:  

This is the 100% truth. It's the player's paradox. The West offers the best living conditions while the rest of the world offers the best women.

So make the best of the situation and just have BOTH (live in West and fly out often).

I've been trying to find the solution to this for years. London is the better place to work but the dating situation is atrocious. Colombia, the Ukraine, the Phillipines etc are great places to find beautiful, feminine women but there's no money to be made there.

Perhaps a yearly migration is the way forward. 6-9 months of the year in a western country and the rest in a pussy paradise. If you're living in England you could fly south once a year and get the double whammy of avoiding winter along with your "pussy migration".

More and more jobs are flexible to remote working now so this is an option I am strongly considering.

I wonder if there are any negative long term effects from living like this (i.e. semi-rootless) on a permanent basis. Any RVF members already using this model?

Escape The West - But To Where? - TooFineAPoint - 02-16-2017

What about Malta?

Anyone have any experience becoming a resident there?

Escape The West - But To Where? - TigerTim - 02-16-2017

Quote: (11-21-2015 03:13 PM)Disco_Volante Wrote:  

Quote: (11-21-2015 03:01 PM)redpillage Wrote:  

A few questions:
  • What part of Russia do you have in mind?
  • Have you done a fair analysis on the pros and cons you would be willing to share?
  • Also, how about the language barrier? How long have you been studying Russian?
  • Finally you are aware that there is a large population of Muslims living in Russia? Do you feel that Putin and/or any of his successors will be able to steer Russia in the right direction?

IMO the orthodox church in Russia would violently fight back Islam if it came to that. Russian gov is corrupt at least they put down that muslim bullshit with violent retaliation if necessary.

This is assuming I could afford to live in the nicer areas of Moscow or other large city there.

I like white girls and decided one day I need to make white children. I don't feel any connection to Asian or latina women. They're basically sex objects to me, I only feel real connections with white girls.

I'd say Japan would be a solid option but I don't want offspring with slanted eyes. Plus I've already spent a year learning Russian.

Europeans and RUssians dont see themselves as "white" but rather their respective nationalities, the "white" concept is a new world BS created by americans. Plus not all countries have the same genes, history and culture, you would be more culturally alien (and even nearly as much ethnically alien) as those central asians coming to russia, who at least have some long history with the country, and are more akin to the culture, unlike an american dude who is completely foreign to russian lifestyle, mentality, character, etc. White americans are more mixed than they would like to admit..

Escape The West - But To Where? - TigerTim - 02-16-2017

Quote: (11-21-2015 03:13 PM)Mage Wrote:  

Most of you would agree that syrians should not flee their country and bring thieir misery with them. Most of you would agree that they need to solve their own crisisies and bring their country to order.

Actually the same is with westerners. You may think you are better then the norm but honestly looking wherever westerners go they turn other countries to west - they pedestalize women and bring western decadent lifestyle with them, just as Mexicans bring mexico with them or syrians brin Syria with them.

Running away is not the answer - you must stand your ground. You must solve the problems in your country within your country. You must change yourself and start to change the world around you starting from yourself. This is the philosophically correct answer. May not be the most practical advice and may not be a pleasant thing to hear but in your heart you know it is true.

Also - there soon will not be anywhere left to run. And this is also due to to the mentality of people to run away from their problems. Now the whole world will be filled with people running away from their misery and finding thatwherever they go there are already miserable people ahead of them. The world is getting too small to run. The age of fleeing and restarting somewhere else is over. You have to stand your ground.

This, Americans, and overall men from the anglosphere are the first blaming terrorism, muslims, wars, polititians, but on the other hand when they make things wrong in their country they are the first ones to run away for different reasons.. but they also bring their misery and wrong culture/mindset/behaviour abroad.. I have seen it a lot with americans and aussie expats, but also with other people from the anglosphere.. like the british ruinning entire blocks and areas of eastern/central europe..

Quote: (11-21-2015 03:19 PM)Disco_Volante Wrote:  

Mage - I can't change the women in America much less their nasty attitudes. and every other white person here seems to welcome their own destruction via immigration. It's like an intervention - you have to let the addict bottom out before they are ready to heal.

Im sick of all these white people who welcome their own replacement and subjugation to the fucking 'latino vote' and every other failed culture that's immigrating here.

huge contradiction here, you are going to do the same abroad, save you immigrate within the anglosphere where the culture, language, social dynamics, etc are similar or compatible.. America and the Anglosphere are fucked up for people like you, who come to forums desperate despising everything and blaming the opposite gender. instead of fixing things.. I know how americans behave abroad.. for the most part.. terrible.

Escape The West - But To Where? - jselysianeagle - 02-18-2017

For the dudes in the US, if you want to retain the standard of living you enjoy in the US but still avail of foreign women, what's keeping you from moving to a city like NYC or LA that has huge foreign populations of just about every variety? Asian/Latin/European you name it they're well represented in the larger cities in the US.

As a New Yorker these women are my bread and butter...

Escape The West - But To Where? - kartik13 - 02-21-2017

You can escape the west, but you can't escape yourself.

Escape The West - But To Where? - Putin Closes - 02-21-2017

Some places in Asia have high quality of living (NEA) and also have quality women. That's probably your best bet.

Escape The West - But To Where? - yankeetravels - 02-21-2017

I've been reading a lot of posts in this thread and one thing that caught my eye was the debate on how people define leaving the west. I'd like to add my two cents on that because it's an inner struggle I've had as a younger member on this forum.

The debate seems to focus on if it's abandoning your country to leave the west and if you should stay for the greater good to help fight back and care for your loved ones. Having a family I consider myself close to, this is something that has definitely entered my mind a lot for the future. It's pretty clear my parents would be a wreck if I ever decided to leave the west permanently, but at the same time I'm still trying to figure out if the west is my best bet for my future. I have money saved to buy myself a few years of decision making, but I want to at least explore other parts of the world to see if there's a better fit out there for me.

Me personally, I have never felt a sense of patriotism for the United States. I feel like people treat patriotism like rooting for your favorite sports team. I'm fine doing that in football but not when it comes to my real life, because that's not just a game. Whatever sense of pride people feel for their home country, I have just never felt it, especially since I started going to college. I've always looked at your country like your hometown. You'll always have a connection to it because you've lived and grew up there but do you want to stay in that bubble forever when there's so much more left to see?

The world is a cruel place. We can't afford to have our lives decided by government agendas and staying in a bubble. We need to go out and get firsthand experience on our own to see for ourselves if the grass is greener on the other side. I've never spent more than a few weeks at a time in another country so I can't say for sure if it is for me or not. All I know is I would like to get a peak at the other grass.

People in this thread have made the argument of trying to save their homeland, my response to that is I don't care about my country, I care about myself and the people close to me. It's funny the left seems to be the side famous for promoting equality and acceptance for everyone but when I mention to some leftists that I want to go to the other side of the world for solo travel and maybe live there, most of them give me a very bizarre look and think I'm nuts. I've gotten called nuts just for getting ready to take a couple months trip to the Philippines.

I think the people in RVF are underrated as culturally accepting people out there considering I think interracial and inter-culture marriages are probably the best examples of true acceptance of other people and the RVF community is willing to talk and integrate with more people from certain countries than most westerners are. Ideally, I'd like to have a wife from Asia someday or at least not one from the Anglosphere.

I'm rambling a little bit but the main point is in this world, you have to do what's best for you and what you want to do in your heart (providing it's not illegal or messed up like murder/actual rape) because you only get one life. The theme of this website seems to be to save and take care of yourself first and I absolutely agree with that. At the end of the day, we're still strangers to 99.9% of people in our home countries. So what's the difference if we're happy around a new 99.9% of strangers?

Escape The West - But To Where? - samsamsam - 02-21-2017

Quote: (02-18-2017 07:12 PM)jselysianeagle Wrote:  

For the dudes in the US, if you want to retain the standard of living you enjoy in the US but still avail of foreign women, what's keeping you from moving to a city like NYC or LA that has huge foreign populations of just about every variety? Asian/Latin/European you name it they're well represented in the larger cities in the US.

As a New Yorker these women are my bread and butter...

Keep in mind that women get molded by the city they are in. These foreign women, if they are desirable, will have a lot of attention and so on that they will take on many characteristics that most guys on RVF don't like. Not trying to be a downer, just want to be realistic.

Just like you meet a sweet girl abroad, once you pull her from the environment that helped make her sweet and put her into a weaker environment like the US (when it comes to women) she will not be constrained by things like social pressure to keep her thin and feminine.

Escape The West - But To Where? - Dan Woolf - 08-01-2017

Bump.

Escape The West - But To Where? - Suits - 08-01-2017

It's been almost two years since OP started this thread. Has he followed through with any action?

Escape The West - But To Where? - Dan Woolf - 09-06-2017

Quote: (08-01-2017 10:06 PM)Suits Wrote:  

It's been almost two years since OP started this thread. Has he followed through with any action?

I'm gonna ask the same thing.

Escape The West - But To Where? - Laska - 09-06-2017

The World Bank may be incredibly corrupt in their projects, but they do a respectable job ranking the ease of doing business. http://www.doingbusiness.org/rankings
Some of the FSU countries are high on that list (Georgia is #16). I've watched this development for the past few years, and if things continue for awhile, you could end up with a small city like Tblisi being a modest finance hub for the middle east/eastern Europe; maybe Kazakhstan would end up with a decent economy assuming Russia and China do well. There are definite possibilities, especially if the USD loses a lot more ground.

The Caucasian countries are experiencing some deficit right now because of the rapid buildup of infrastructure, but this will probably be temporary.

To actually live in these countries (IF they turn out well), you'd need good professional qualifications and experience in the west. You'll also need years of effective study in Russian, and then in addition, a few years of another Eastern European language. With all this long term work and sacrifice, there's a chance you could live a modestly comfortable life there... someday. If all this seems like a daunting task, start learning the difficult Russian language and see how that goes.

Escape The West - But To Where? - Suits - 09-06-2017

Quote: (09-06-2017 07:33 PM)Laska Wrote:  

The World Bank may be incredibly corrupt in their projects, but they do a respectable job ranking the ease of doing business. http://www.doingbusiness.org/rankings
Some of the FSU countries are high on that list (Georgia is #16). I've watched this development for the past few years, and if things continue for awhile, you could end up with a small city like Tblisi being a modest finance hub for the middle east/eastern Europe; maybe Kazakhstan would end up with a decent economy assuming Russia and China do well. There are definite possibilities, especially if the USD loses a lot more ground.

Based on this data, Taiwan seems like the place to be for the purposes of doing business.

Escape The West - But To Where? - Laska - 09-06-2017

Quote: (09-06-2017 07:58 PM)Suits Wrote:  

Quote: (09-06-2017 07:33 PM)Laska Wrote:  

Based on this data, Taiwan seems like the place to be for the purposes of doing business.

Excellent. Of course, people should do their own reading on the political and business situation of a country. Also, find out the risks of them making dumb decisions in the future. Note that the time horizon of a country compounding a certain amount of wealth can be hard to predict. Most people know all of this, but I still have to add a disclaimer to that spreadsheet.

Escape The West - But To Where? - Super_Fire - 09-07-2017

Quote: (09-06-2017 07:58 PM)Suits Wrote:  

Shhhhh...