Roosh V Forum
The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) (/thread-28919.html)

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Frontenac - 01-16-2014

Quick question.

I met a girl last weekend. Friend of my brother's FB, hit it off quick, danced a ton, and made out hard. I pushed for the bang, but she resisted saying that she didn't want to do ONS anymore, however, I had her on the ropes. Obviously she's a ho, but w/e. Got the number, and we agreed that we'd meet up soon.

Texted her on Monday to set up a date tonight. She agreed (lots of smileys and '!'s on her part). Told her I'd text her on Wednesday about when and where. She agrees. I called her last night, but no answer (plus no answering machine). Didn't send out a follow-up text after.

She texts me this morning, saying she was out, and she was sorry she didn't get back to me. No mention about tonight.

How should I go about this.
First thought was: don't respond right away, think about it, maybe respond around noon.
Second thought: text back tonight with 'what's up'.

I know I'm missing something here. Thoughts?

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - txtraveler - 01-16-2014

Quote: (01-16-2014 11:19 AM)Frontenac Wrote:  

Quick question.

I met a girl last weekend. Friend of my brother's FB, hit it off quick, danced a ton, and made out hard. I pushed for the bang, but she resisted saying that she didn't want to do ONS anymore, however, I had her on the ropes. Obviously she's a ho, but w/e. Got the number, and we agreed that we'd meet up soon.

Texted her on Monday to set up a date tonight. She agreed (lots of smileys and '!'s on her part). Told her I'd text her on Wednesday about when and where. She agrees. I called her last night, but no answer (plus no answering machine). Didn't send out a follow-up text after.

She texts me this morning, saying she was out, and she was sorry she didn't get back to me. No mention about tonight.

How should I go about this.
First thought was: don't respond right away, think about it, maybe respond around noon.
Second thought: text back tonight with 'what's up'.

I know I'm missing something here. Thoughts?

Someone with better text game might give a better answer, but I'd say something like this in a little bit.
"That's cool, I was out with some friends. Was going to invite you to join us."
Something like that. Be short and simple. Don't ask her where she went or if she had fun or anything like that. Avoid a text convo.
If she texts back trying to start a conversation, just tell her you're busy at work and will get back to her in a little bit.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Cattle Rustler - 01-16-2014

Remember that broad who didn't reply to my text from this post?
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-28919-...#pid566458

I decided to reinitiate contact and send her a text (how've you been?, she replied with "hi, morning. who are you?

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - James 2013 - 01-16-2014

Never call a girl voice unless shes over 30 or something. Stick with texting. I would wait and hit her up tonight.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Frontenac - 01-16-2014

Quote: (01-16-2014 11:59 AM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

Remember that broad who didn't reply to my text from this post?
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-28919-...#pid566458

I decided to reinitiate contact and send her a text (how've you been?, she replied with "hi, morning. who are you?

Turn and burn.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Jam Man - 01-16-2014

Met this girl at a party last Friday. Solid 8 cutest one there. Made out a few times couldn't get her back to my place so I got her number. Here we go:

Me: hey Steph whatsup
Her: hey. I'm just getting ready. What's up?
Me: Downtown. Tomorrow. Lets meet up and grab a drink.
Her: Im going to get sushi tomorrow for a friends bday. But maybe after.

I was thinking either don't respond and see if she hits me up. Or respond with "that's ok. How about this weekend instead." This response is basically like denying her counter offer to my initial offer. And offering something else on my terms. Bc i see her last text as basically a no anyways. Thoughts?

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - James 2013 - 01-17-2014

Me: so what do you like to do for fun?
Her: spend time with my boyfriend

is it best to just pretend that she didnt say that and talk about something else and ask her out later? What is the best thing to do over texting if a girl mentions that she has one?

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - AneroidOcean - 01-20-2014

Quote: (01-17-2014 01:59 AM)James 2013 Wrote:  

Me: so what do you like to do for fun?

is it best to just pretend that she didnt say that and talk about something else and ask her out later? What is the best thing to do over texting if a girl mentions that she has one?

A little background? How did you get her number? You guys need to provide at least a little context!

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - eradicator - 01-20-2014

Quote: (01-16-2014 12:06 PM)James 2013 Wrote:  

Never call a girl voice unless shes over 30 or something. Stick with texting. I would wait and hit her up tonight.

wow I disagree. I think it's best to get her on the phone at least once to confirm up the details, it is a little more real then and I think she will be less likely to flake. But of course sometimes they flake anyways.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - James 2013 - 01-20-2014

Posted by AneroidOcean - Today 08:52 PM

(01-17-2014 01:59 AM)James 2013 Wrote: Me: so what do you like to do for fun?

A little background? How did you get her number? You guys need to provide at least a little context!

If it's contextual I would like to know how to deal with this under different circumstances but generally i just ask her for it during a conversation

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Ricardinho - 01-20-2014

Met these two Belgian chicks the other day, one was an 8 the other a 6. Showed massive IOI's & ignored the 6 for the most part, wanted to isolate but couldn't get the day bang. They gave me their emails since the 8 had no phone. Didn't have any intentions on contacting them but the chick invited me to Brussles.

Anyway, I'm stuck w/ this approach since it's a nice opportunity & I'm going to London in the summer. It's been around 4 days by the way.
Emailing seems so weak & I have no email game.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Scuba_Instructor - 01-21-2014

A 7/8 hasn't replied to me in 5 days, after me showing an appropriate level of interest (no neediness, being cool etc). Before this text game was going well.

I sent her a message yesterday calling her out for being a hypocrite (done jokingly) - she's always saying she treats guys with respect.

Got the reply in an hour ... "so Mister Scuba Instructor ... why am I a hyprocrite?" [Image: smile.gif]

Seems to me this is an ideal opportunity to send an awesome reply.

Considering the following tactics -

"You and I both know the answer to that" [Image: wink.gif] (firm, cocky)

"Where I'm from if someone takes 5 days to reply they're considered 'special' " [Image: wink.gif] (could be seen as rude, as she's from another country, but this could be seen as DHV)

something like "... pfftttt .... games again?" [Image: wink.gif] (bored, joking-style, but doubt she'd reply as it calls her out with no subtlety).

"Do I need to spell it out, chump?" (insulting, likely to get me nowhere but I'd enjoy it).

I suck at this so any pointers would be appreciated [Image: banana.gif]

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - mbare - 01-21-2014

Quote: (01-21-2014 04:34 AM)Scuba_Instructor Wrote:  

A 7/8 hasn't replied to me in 5 days, after me showing an appropriate level of interest (no neediness, being cool etc). Before this text game was going well.

I sent her a message yesterday calling her out for being a hypocrite (done jokingly) - she's always saying she treats guys with respect.

Got the reply in an hour ... "so Mister Scuba Instructor ... why am I a hyprocrite?" [Image: smile.gif]

Seems to me this is an ideal opportunity to send an awesome reply.

Considering the following tactics -

"You and I both know the answer to that" [Image: wink.gif] (firm, cocky)

"Where I'm from if someone takes 5 days to reply they're considered 'special' " [Image: wink.gif] (could be seen as rude, as she's from another country, but this could be seen as DHV)

something like "... pfftttt .... games again?" [Image: wink.gif] (bored, joking-style, but doubt she'd reply as it calls her out with no subtlety).

"Do I need to spell it out, chump?" (insulting, likely to get me nowhere but I'd enjoy it).

I suck at this so any pointers would be appreciated [Image: banana.gif]

I wouldn't lead with anything that lets her know you remembered her thoughts on "respect."

I'd probably say something along the lines of, "ha, typical. never mind that right now... i'm free on (whatever day) and plan on getting into some trouble..u should join. drinks at (whatever bar) around 8"

Another variation could be to end it with, "bring a friend if you want, i'll be with a few of mine."

The point is calling her out, and seeing if she wants to come along for the ride.

If she's down, then she'll either meet up, or suggest a different day if she can't make the one you laid out. If she doesn't at least let you know when she's free next, then move on. Maybe try a restart text a few weeks later.

If her reply isn't a resounding "yes, see you there." then do NOT change the day for her and do NOT reply back with stupid banter shit. Just say "k" or "cool" and leave it at that.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Richiavelli - 01-21-2014

"Instead of you making me into a lampshade in your apartment like I predicted, you were actually a lot of fun!"

last nights date she pretty much spilled her whole dating life. she loved dirty jokes and i kept steering the convo away from sex as i felt it was a trap (she gave off a perv vibe). rated a 7, met her at a networking event, she helped me get a board position for a trade association

she was older than me and was pretty immature, it was my first date in a long time. i was pretty cocky, insane self confidence frame.

this was sent early the morning after, gonna try setting up dinner at my place next week. i feel like this was a sign saying "you could have pushed harder and won" but gotta stay positive that she's sending interest.

Im thinking i shouldnt text back till tomorrow. debating texting back something equally as suggestive. any feedback is greatly welcomed.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - the_ox - 01-21-2014

one thing I realized here in Brazil is SMS-gamimg is almost not working anymore

you must have Whatsapp, otherwise girls will barely answer you back

I really don't want to have 3G in my cellphone because I want to feel "disconnected" as soon as I leave my work or home. I don't want to look like a zombie typing in my cellphone. I remember a lot of times I went to have lunch with some friends but everyone was typing on their phones and wasn't talking.

The strange thing is the geek is me (I don't play video games anymore, don't watch anime and so on... just work with IT), but everyone is addicted with these fucking phones and whatsapp and tinder and other shit.

I think I'll give up soon

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - AneroidOcean - 01-21-2014

Quote: (01-21-2014 01:19 PM)the_ox Wrote:  

one thing I realized here in Brazil is SMS-gamimg is almost not working anymore

you must have Whatsapp, otherwise girls will barely answer you back

I really don't want to have 3G in my cellphone because I want to feel "disconnected" as soon as I leave my work or home. I don't want to look like a zombie typing in my cellphone. I remember a lot of times I went to have lunch with some friends but everyone was typing on their phones and wasn't talking.

The strange thing is the geek is me (I don't play video games anymore, don't watch anime and so on... just work with IT), but everyone is addicted with these fucking phones and whatsapp and tinder and other shit.

I think I'll give up soon

If you want to feel disconnected, just turn off your data or put your phone on silent when you don't want to be bothered (or just don't even have it on you). Not only is the extra time getting back to people not an issue, with many girls it'll be the right frame anyway.

Have you tried just calling these girls?

I gotta add, especially if you're in IT and geeky. MMS has been around for fucking ever at this point. If you are really trying to stick to just SMS and not adding data, you're pretty much trying to start a fire with string and a stick when everyone else is using a lighter. Come on.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Baphomet - 01-21-2014

Quote: (01-21-2014 12:24 PM)Richiavelli Wrote:  

"Instead of you making me into a lampshade in your apartment like I predicted, you were actually a lot of fun!"

last nights date she pretty much spilled her whole dating life. she loved dirty jokes and i kept steering the convo away from sex as i felt it was a trap (she gave off a perv vibe). rated a 7...

Considering that you are still wanting to hang with her, you "kept steering the convo away from sex" why, exactly?

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Richiavelli - 01-21-2014

she was pretty fun to hang out with.

i remember reading something in Bang that the only guys who talk about sex are those who dont get it - its harder to pull off. I'm pretty new to this and realize i just need reps at this point. I think she just enjoys sexual innuendos, we weren't per say talking about straight up sex, but people we've hooked up with and dating stories.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - user10726 - 01-23-2014

Chick has asked me what I look for in a girl, conversation has been completely non-sexual so far.
Bless me with knowledge RVF

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Wargasm - 01-23-2014

Quote: (01-23-2014 04:36 PM)bret Wrote:  

Chick has asked me what I look for in a girl, conversation has been completely non-sexual so far.

"My Dick" [Image: banana.gif]

Just kidding, you can't parlay every text into something sexual.

I'd try to be humorous and say something like "a deep appreciation for postmodern baroque architecture"

Anything honest about physical appearance, submissiveness, or propensity for cleaning probably won't go over well.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Sonsowey - 01-23-2014

Cooking and cleanng

Let her know u arent just interested in her looks

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - eradicator - 01-23-2014

Quote: (01-23-2014 04:36 PM)bret Wrote:  

"the most important thing about any woman I date is that she is nice and not bitchy"

Yes looks are important, but if she is constantly breaking your balls/shit testing/bad additude, it makes spending time with her not as much fun.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - user10726 - 01-23-2014

All good, thanks. Forgot I posted on here and went with "I can't share such sought-after information on here! I'll text it you, give me your number, it's more secure [Image: smile.gif]"
This was online, not text, but got her number now
Expect to see me a lot in this thread as my text game is crap.

Delete

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Evolute - 01-24-2014

Guys, hit me up with something good

Me: You're so not good at flirting....
Her: How do you know I am ?