Roosh V Forum
The Los Angeles thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Los Angeles thread (/thread-16165.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

The Los Angeles thread - Drazen - 03-25-2013

My concern with moving out of LA, is that outside a few major cities like NY and Chicago, I'd probably get really bored quick. And I honestly love the mild, Mediterranean weather here.

LA just has so much to offer as far as stuff to go, places to hang out, places to eat and seeing new things. Yeah, nightlife and logistics sucks...just have to deal with it, but that's what going out of town is for. At least for me, quality of life is high. Sure, I'm not going to be able to buy a 3000 square foot newly built house in a safe neighborhood with safe schools with easy access to parks, minimalls, etc...but honestly, I don't want that. At all.

The Los Angeles thread - el mechanico - 03-25-2013

[attachment=10693]

And a flats boat. There should be skanks like this on it all week when it's hot out

The Los Angeles thread - Virtus - 03-25-2013

What do you think of a single apartment 1 away from key club and from roxy theater as a locale? I am considering it.. There isnt really any other walking distance venues there

The Los Angeles thread - thegmanifesto - 03-25-2013

Quote: (03-25-2013 02:13 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

When you're doing it right here this is what the back yard looks like..

[Image: attachment.jpg10692]

Looks exactly like Newport Beach.

At a fraction of the cost no doubt.

What does a crib like that run El Mech?

The Los Angeles thread - Basil Ransom - 03-25-2013

Quote: (03-25-2013 01:23 AM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Quote: (03-25-2013 01:10 AM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Could you clarify that a bit to outsiders?

You mean something like live, work and play west of I-5?

I'm thinking of coming to LA to produce my feature scripts.

Live near the action so you can walk out at night.

Don't go North of Montana Blvd. in Santa Monica, East of Bundy, or South of Pico.

You want to be near the Wilshire, Q's, Cabo Cantina, Busby's, or the Main Street bars (Main Street is an area where Santa Monica meets Venice) like 31 Ten, Circle, Main on Main, etc.

Of course rents are a bitch so you gotta live where you gotta live. But ideally you're within those boundaries.

Quote: (03-25-2013 01:54 AM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Quote: (03-25-2013 01:37 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

MikeCF has a strange exclusive fixation on the Westside. The favorite spots of me and the guys I go out with are not even on the Westside. West Hollywood and Hollywood are still the party capitals of LA, the Westside is still second fiddle. If you're going to be here awhile, check out different neighborhoods. If you're going to be here only a short while, I'd recommend staying near the Sunset strip.

In WeHo/Hollywood joints, you get much more of the feeling of "these girls came out to party." On the Westside, it's more like "these girls came out to hang with their big mixed social circle." People on the Westside have more roots than people in Hollywood, and that's not much of a good thing for picking up strange girls.

Yet you can read my many posts about LA and NEVER see me bitching.

Where as many if not most of your posts are about cock blocks, girls on OKC ignoring you, LA sucking, LA girls being stuck up, etc.

So......Maybe there is something to living on the West Side?

Quote: (03-25-2013 12:20 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Quote: (03-25-2013 02:16 AM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

If I still lived in LA, I would probably live in West Hollywood and just go for SNLs and pull a Paul Janka move and drink mostly non-Alcoholic drinks all night so that I remain sober enough to drive the chick back to my place. Also, driving a chick back to her place after an SNL is a pain, but you have to do what you have to do.

I've said elsewhere in LA threads that WeHo is highly underrated. The majority of guys there are gay. The girls who can't afford to live on the West Side live and WeHo - means lots of young cuties who are (and this is CRUCIAL) new to the city.

I am just the type who would never live somewhere just for the girls. NOT hating on guys who do. It's just not my thing.

But, yeah, living in WeHo is a super smart move for the right guy. Also, rents are cheaper...25% lower than on the West Side. Get a better pad or if on a budget, stack the rent savings into your pile of cash.

Fuel up with brunch at Joan's on Third.

Then head over to the Grove.

You'll see more beautiful women in a Saturday afternoon at Nordstrom's than flyover country guys see in a year.

Funny how you changed your tune, and that it now matches mine...

[Image: popcorn2.gif]

Quote: (03-25-2013 02:57 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Depends where it is but on the low 120k or a grand a month rent.

Quote: (03-25-2013 03:23 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

What town? (As an example).

That is more than 1/10 the price of the low end of Newport Beach.

Quote: (03-25-2013 03:36 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

What town? (As an example).

That is more than 1/10 the price of the low end of Newport Beach.
A place like this but remember the entire coast of Florida has canals made for houses like that. Hudson is redneck as hell but..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Aerial...lorida.jpg

The Los Angeles thread - Veloce - 03-25-2013

MikeCF you should have a RVF going away party. We can hit up the cheesiest, most ghetto Hollywood club we can find (Eden?), hang out with a bunch of aggro tough guys, get cockblocked all night, deal with bitchy sluts wearing bandage dresses and busted faces, get shoved by a bouncer for approaching, pay $15 per drink, $10 for parking, oh yeah this is after waiting 30 min outside despite dropping every promoters name...give you a final taste of L.A. before leaving [Image: lol.gif]

The Los Angeles thread - MrXY - 03-25-2013

I've been thinking a lot about moving to the Tampa Bay area.........

I went to Exchange L.A. downtown this past Saturday...as I mentioned I just didn't feel like staying in. It was a shitty long day at work and I needed to unwind. I know better than to expect a great night on a Saturday in L.A. but screw it, I also wanted to hit on some asian girls (the fever's been hitting me hard lately. Last 3 new bangs were 2 korean, 1 vietnamese)

There's some big name DJ I don't recognize, door guy wants $40. I look at him sideways, he gives me a once over, I'm dressed nicely so he says, "Okay $30." I see girls getting in for $20, I tell him nah. I hang out for a bit longer, pull a move I don't like doing very often, give him my business card, tell him to come by the hotel for dinner sometime, he lets me in for $20. (they never take me up on this offer anyway)

Honestly, the DJ was fucking sick. Exchange has a great sound system too. I was seriously digging it, just sipping $12 vodka sodas all night. I couldn't believe how shitty the scene was though. I feel like if you took these variables anywhere else it would be POPPING. All asians, just my flavor, but no joke, the ratio was 10-1 guys to girls. How can a sick DJ be spinning in a cool venue, probably downtown L.A.'s best, on a Saturday night, and there's so few girls? And I'm not deterred by packs of guys either, I'm down to hit up groups. But there were none, every single girl that was a 6+ had some dude with his arms wrapped around her. Okay I saw a few straggler chicks but not even remotely bangable.

I left kind of sad, where are all the girls? On a Saturday? At a poppin club? They all too broke for a $20 cover?

To reinforce daygaming in L.A.:
2 days later I'm in my neighborhood Mexican joint, a cool little ceviche place in mid city, and a group of 8 super cute asian girls all come in. I was out with my gf though so no game was spat. She even looked at me incriminatingly as I was checking them out (she knows my type), and I looked her innocently, "What??" [Image: angel.gif]

Quote: (03-25-2013 03:47 PM)MrXY Wrote:  

I've been thinking a lot about moving to the Tampa Bay area.........
Here just to get an idea..
http://www.gulfharborshomes.com/rentalvi...ist_mode=3

Now, those prices are a little high if you poke around it's cheaper. I'm talking deep water canal with gulf access. You're not going to find prices like that on Miami beach though..

The Los Angeles thread - CJ_W - 03-25-2013

Quote: (03-24-2013 06:43 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Quote: (03-24-2013 04:54 PM)CJ_W Wrote:  

Quote: (03-14-2013 07:38 PM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

Quote: (03-14-2013 02:36 AM)DVY Wrote:  

False, SF will become similar to NY. LA will still suck because of the driving/logistics factors.

True. Logistics are a bitch in LA.

This, Cost me a lay with a last night because of this. . .was with a wing and got them to leave the club with us, only to be hit by a serious logistics issue, and the fact that my wing got one of the girls too drunk to where she was puking out of the car -.-; gonna work on going back to Tokyo now lol.

Haha. I've never been a fan of "get a girl wasted" game, for that reason. She'll usually drink enough without you interfering; adding on to that will just make things worse. Plus it's expensive. Not talking about your wing specifically, but guys who do it often seem a little off - like they believe deep down that game and physical escalation are not enough to make a girl fuck, that they need her to be blackout drunk.

thing is I TOLD this guy numerous times "she's had enough to drink, quit buying her drinks they are already good to go" . . .didn't listen, when we finally left to get the lay, she puked 3-4 times, then wanted to sleep. I didn't buy the drinks of course (I got paid for inviting the girls out since I promote for that club) but still it was annoying that this other dude kept fucking it up.

but yeah in comparison, Tokyo. . .god, pretty much if you meet a girl that into you, you can find a love hotel, in like 5-10 minutes lol... in LA, If I lived right near that club then I'd be cool, but to have to live near a club, just to pull chicks from that club. . .you might as well just live in a cheaper area/place and go the P4P route! You'd save money (monthly rent living in a top area + costs going to a club) time and energy!

in any case though, now that Ive been back in LA for a few months and going out to clubs. . .I've noticed the amount of thirsty dudes trying to "beta" their way into some pussy is incredible.

I was at the club a couple of weeks ago, talking to a potential VIP/Table service client, I introduced him to this girl that seemed cool. . .

but he fucked it up! She wasn't even shit testing him, she was just saying shit like "yeah I don't like sleeping around blah blah blah" and he goes "oh yeah neither do I etc..." basically agreeing with everything she says/prefers in such a fake ass way that it made me pay attention . . .I was talking to the other friends in the group, trying to help this guy out by not having their attention on him (yeah I know but the guy could have been a great customer for me)

THEN she mentioned something about her having a lesbain experience once, then HE SAID: "Oh yeah I've had a gay experience once as well"

. . . . .
. . . . .
I was in shock, She was in Shock her friends who only overhead that part were in shock. . .

and I knew he was lying, she knew he was lying, they knew he was lying. . .

it was a disaster.

He tried to backtrack what he said but the damage was already done, she was making fun of him in front of everybody. . .I mean damn it was so bad I Had to excuse myself.

Other guys just try to compliment them way too much instead of just shutting the hell up and letting her talk.

like really, I've talked to so many clueless guys here that its really shocking the state of game is with the dudes here. I swear if logistics were a lot better, any dude with game would CLEAN UP on pussy.

its at the point to where guys just have to get the expensive night VIP thing to get laid (I'm talking 2-3k nights here)

I think in L.A. either doing day game, bar game, and net game blows clubbing out of the water. Its just way too many factors involved that can fuck everything up.

Yep. Anytime I'm in a club I see tons of love for dudes with tables. I know many of the girls are bottlewhores and bounce from one table to the other, but at least those dudes get access. I always thought that bottle service was a trend that might die out, and it's simply not the case.

I never thought I'd say it but PvP makes a hell of a lot more sense.

The Los Angeles thread - kenny_powers - 03-25-2013

Quote: (03-25-2013 04:10 PM)CJ_W Wrote:  

. . .you might as well just live in a cheaper area/place and go the P4P route! You'd save money (monthly rent living in a top area + costs going to a club) time and energy!

You are new here? friendly advice, p4p is not a topic of conversation on this forum nor an option. Just saying.

The Los Angeles thread - Tex Pro - 03-25-2013

I think in L.A. either doing day game, bar game, and net game blows clubbing out of the water. Its just way too many factors involved that can fuck everything up.

Everyone here talks about doing day game, but I work during the day. I don't have time to troll shopping malls, books stores, coffee shops, etc. for talent during the day. Plus, LA chicks are flakey as fuck. Any numbers you get during the day will have a low follow-up/success rate.

I have to agree with something the G-manifesto once said (paraphrasing): if dudes are talking about "day game" a lot, then that is probably because the nightlife in the city they live in sucks.

The Los Angeles thread - slubu - 03-25-2013

Quote: (03-25-2013 12:31 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

With gas + depreciation + insurance, driving costs around 50 cents a mile.

So however many miles you drive to Hollywood for the "glamor" is 50 cents per mile. Then driving women home. That adds $80 or so in economic costs to most guys' nights.

Then the risk of a DUI. (Those DUI machines are highly unreliable.)

Who here has had parking tickets or their car towed? Don't forget to cost factor that in.

Harassed by police? Jay walking tickets? Add all that in.

No thanks.

I'd rather live some place that allows me to walk home stumbling drunk or to easily take a cab.

There is a reason most guys in LA either have harems or end up getting with a girlfriend - even "true players."

How fucking expensive is it to run solely one night stands in LA? $250 or more per bang? That's if your game is tight. If not, there are probably guys spending $500-1,000.

Unlike a lot of guys here, I don't really do "cost per bang," and you won't see me complaining about money...BUT....

God damn that's a lot of cash.

I don't mind spending cash but I do demand value.

Is it worth it? Are you getting outstanding value for what you spend in LA?

For me the answer is no.

It's absolutely fucking not worth it to live in LA whatsoever unless you are so tied into the entertainment industry that pussy falls in your lap.

I spend a lot of money on nights out and dates. Too much to be honest. But I like to drink. And I like hotter girls which most of the time correlate to nicer places. Katsuya in Hollywood will have much better quality than Astro Burger. Yet while I can create some access to more expensive places via money, it is still not worth it whatsoever. Being at Katsuya does not mean you go home with a 9. It just means you have about 20 seconds to validate yourself before she walks away to the guy who can take her to the grammy's afterparty.

I've lived all over LA now and the only two places I'd consider living is Santa Monica or Weho. Hollywood is a dump, everywhere else you have to drive and I like white girls so I'm stuck with these areas. My current apartment is stumbling distance to two of the bars that attract some of the highest quality in LA (yet very hard to pull given social circle crap) and walking distance to the current place where sluts go to bang (and that changes almost monthly in LA). I can also walk to Whole Foods and the crossfit gym I just joined. And it's a reasonable driving distance to my evening language class. For LA, it's the overall best choice for me.

But I can't imagine living here much longer. Everyday wears on me. I just came back from Vegas and pulled a very fun cute little white brunette with a fraction of the effort it takes in LA. The most ironic part is she asked me how I can live in LA, expressly stating how horrible it is. I happily agreed with her sentiment. As someone else said the best part of LA is being close to Vegas.

Why live somewhere where there is traffic all the time?
Why live somewhere where the air quality sucks?
Why live somewhere where the police are all over me?
Why live somewhere where nightlife ends at 1:30 a.m.?
Why live somewhere where housing prices are astronomical?
Why live somewhere where a 6 believes she is a 9?
Why live somewhere where this damn 6 even if I wanted her could live 30 miles away when everyone is drunk?
Why live somewhere where the 9s won't give pay you a lick of attention unless you are in the "industry" or famous?
Why live somewhere where a girl flakes as easily as she pees?

Because of the weather? Fuck that. I realize most of America is getting this way but LA is on an escalated path that surpasses most places I've been around the US. Go to Ohio and the cute buckeyes are still sweet and talkative and beers are $2. Go to NYC and nothing compares. I can go on for hours on Vegas. Chicago I get eyefucked walking around. LA may be for some but it's not for me. As Mike and others mention, it hasn't always been like this. But now it is and it is simply a mirage to those who do not live here. It's jumped the shark and it's time to get out.

The Los Angeles thread - Menace - 03-25-2013

LA is sounding like DC but with hotter girls. I guess the saying is true.

Quote: (03-25-2013 04:26 PM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

Everyone here talks about doing day game, but I work during the day. I don't have time to troll shopping malls, books stores, coffee shops, etc. for talent during the day. Plus, LA chicks are flakey as fuck. Any numbers you get during the day will have a low follow-up/success rate.

I have to agree with something the G-manifesto once said (paraphrasing): if dudes are talking about "day game" a lot, then that is probably because the nightlife in the city they live in sucks.

Hence the problem with "day game".

Some of us aren't independently wealthy and have to work for a living.

And even if I didn't have to work, you are never going to catch me dead in a f*cking shopping mall doing "day game".

If I never go to another shopping mall in my life it will be too soon.

Quote: (03-25-2013 04:37 PM)Menace Wrote:  

"Los Angeles is Washington, DC for above average looking people". - Michael Porfirio Mason

The Los Angeles thread - DVY - 03-25-2013

haha, i thought I was the only one who hates shopping malls. The only reason I am going to a shopping mall is to hit up the air-conditioned food court.

All I see at shopping malls are underage girls and older bored ugly women. I do live in the Valley though.

Quote: (03-25-2013 04:37 PM)Menace Wrote:  

Basilransom just came from LA to Baltimore and did a good LA v Bmore breakdown. Maybe he needs to complete his tour of the DMV and do a full on LA v DC breakdown.

Jesus Christ what kind of world is this when we start comparing LA and DC.

The Los Angeles thread - speakeasy - 03-25-2013

I couldn't have put it better than slubu. He killed it there. Alright we can all pretty much agree that LA sucks except for the weather and Mexican food. So what's a good alternative?

Flyover country has no appeal to me. Florida is redneck outside Miami Beach. NYC may be dope but I can't afford it. Vegas? Other than clubs the city is a shit hole. Ever drive off the strip during the day to look around? You ain't missing much.

There are just a lack of attractive cities in this country.

The Los Angeles thread - CJ_W - 03-25-2013

Quote: (03-25-2013 04:19 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Yep. Anytime I'm in a club I see tons of love for dudes with tables. I know many of the girls are bottlewhores and bounce from one table to the other, but at least those dudes get access. I always thought that bottle service was a trend that might die out, and it's simply not the case.

I never thought I'd say it but PvP makes a hell of a lot more sense.

I know, that's how bad the club scene is girl wise. I mean you may as well go to the venue you mentioned for the sick ass DJ/production values of the show rather than trying to get laid. Although sometimes it happens, people get lucky, but I wouldn't work at it in LA.

@Texas well, I mentioned Bar and Net game too! haha, yeah I also don't have much time for DayGame myself. . .and I've been there done that to be honest.

@The dude yeah I'm surprised that the whole bottle service thing still runs STRONG here a lot of guys just have a lot of disposable income, many clubs make bank from all of that. But really imo unless you're going to a club here in LA to see an awesome act that you like. . .there's really no need to go and waste time/money.

The Los Angeles thread - DVY - 03-25-2013

@speakeasy- San Francisco is my favorite city.

Vegas is dope, but yes quality deteriorates quickly after you leave the strip. The redeeming factor is high quality of life for low prices (comped clubs, rooms, alcohol, local hookups) and low rent prices / 0% state tax.

Tahoe during the summer/winter is dope. Lots of Peruvians, Argentinians, and Brazilians working at the resorts here.

Quote: (03-25-2013 04:33 PM)slubu Wrote:  

Because of the weather? Fuck that. It's jumped the shark and it's time to get out.

This holds people back. You should not make your life decisions based upon weather. You should live in a place because you love it and it makes you feel alive. If that place has good weather than that is a bonus.

The old "i don't want to move because I hate cold" or "i love the mediterranean climate" is just excuse bingo because you are
1. either a girl or
2. too pussy to grab life by the balls and move on