Roosh V Forum
The Inside Scoop on Houston? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Inside Scoop on Houston? (/thread-3891.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - Gpx90210 - 06-02-2016

See Houston datasheet bro.

thread-56187.html

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - Gpx90210 - 06-02-2016

Quote: (07-04-2015 09:09 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

I'll be in Hustletown this weekend and am booking a place to stay.

Where should one stay? I want a place where I can ride my bike, so maybe Herman Park?

Someone mentioned Midtown was pretty good. Saw a dope condo for 150/night on AirBNB.

I'll be there during the weekend and already got 2 bitches ready to fuck.

Yo, cleanslate....we need to go out for a bike ride homie!

I live here bro, let me know whats up. We can game if you want. Read my datasheet I just posted.

thread-56187.html

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - jj90 - 07-05-2016

Am in Houston for a business trip till the 9th. I'm already starting to like this place. Shoulda got down to the South sooner.

Not expecting much since it's a work trip but have Fri night free, PM me if interested, else I'm soloing and rolling some dice.

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - Gpx90210 - 07-06-2016

Quote: (07-05-2016 11:44 PM)jj90 Wrote:  

Am in Houston for a business trip till the 9th. I'm already starting to like this place. Shoulda got down to the South sooner.

Not expecting much since it's a work trip but have Fri night free, PM me if interested, else I'm soloing and rolling some dice.

Can anyone rep this guy for me? Comte?

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - kevans74 - 12-04-2016

hey all

These kinds of threads are common place but I will say that they are about 99% true...

I feel it is my duty to give an HONEST and OBJECTIVE opinion on this as I have personally lived in BOTH Houston (The Heights and Midtown) and Dallas (Lower Greenville and Uptown)

For this discussion when I mention "Dallas" I am referring to the "inner city" or "Dallas proper" and not North Dallas(North of PGBT and the suburbs) or Fort Worth... those two areas are almost ENTIRELY different and worlds apart from Dallas proper now, and those two are great areas btw!

I am a Texas native(from San Antonio) and actually received my bachelor's from SMU(this was circa 2012).

Most of the things, comparison wise are about SPOT ON in this thread so far.

Dallas has really changed and the pretentious attitude, snobbiness, rudeness, unfriendliness has gotten worse since even ~2013ish... I realize that that is only about 3 years but i can notice it.

Currently, I live and work in Uptown Dallas and made $104,000 salary(I can prove this with screenshots/snippets as well if needed) and do well with women. But I have to AGREE with other posters... if I had the opportunity to live in Houston or Austin, I would 100% choose that OVER Dallas

It will be difficult to explain if you have not "lived" in both cities(Houston and Dallas)... See the thing is, it is VERY, VERY, VERY different if you "visit" Dallas.

I've been out to numerous bachelor parties in Uptown and central Dallas and they are very fun... so i can see how a 2-3 day weekend "getaway" in Dallas may appear "fun".

If you live in both cities, as mentioned before, you can DEFINITELY notice the difference in terms of type of people.

There is a saying that the COL is so low and the salaries are so high in Dallas because no one wants to live there... and I have to concur. There was actually a study/poll done recently which placed Dallas as the SLOWEST growing major city in Texas(I think fastest was: Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas last)... and that study/poll INCLUDES Fort Worth(which is a VERY FUN town btw [Image: smile.gif] )... So if you were to take out the numbers from Fort Worth... I can't even imagine how slow it's growing lol.

The "Scene/environment" and how "fun" Austin/Houston is over Dallas is just something you could only tell by living there as well.

*Disclaimer: I never have actually lived in Austin, although my whole family went to UT... BUT... my brother lives there currently and would never leave except to go home to San Antonio or Houston lol. He hates Dallas.

If you are looking for more of a "laid back" and "Southern/Texas" vibe... than your cities are Fort Worth, San Antonio, and Houston. Austin has more of a Northern Caifornia vibe but it retains "Southern/Texas hospitality"... it's difficult to explain but if you have lived in Texas all your life(like myself) you would be able to tell.

Dallas almost feels like it belongs in an entirely different state.. .and it's only getting worse.

"Texas born" residents are actually in the minority in Dallas(proper) now if you didn't know.

The environment is almost 100% based on materialism, superficialmis, GREED, lies, hedonism... This area is what is referred to as "soulless"(do NOT confuse Dallas proper with North Dallas again as mentioned earlier). The environment stands for everything that is wrong with the world today and it is only getting worse. From 30k millionaires, to club whores who are looking to status jump, to fake pretentious people, to people who are just mean/rude just to be mean/rude... this is what Dallas has become.

*Dallas was not always like this and it is changing (for the worse)... I have had MANY, MANY, MANY conversations with Dallasites(born and raised in Dallas) and they are good people and they see and notice how it is changing. I've actually had one Dallasite, and I SWEAR THIS, who bought me drinks(he wanted to) just because I was a "Texas boy" like himself. This is what Dallas has become.

*When I first visited Dallas circa 2006/2007, Dallas was a very, VERY different "city"... it was "snobbier" than San Antonio for sure but it still had a "Southern/Texas charm" to it... that I miss now.

The nightlife in Dallas may "seem" cool/great on a weekend get away but if you had ever lived in Austin or Houston, it is honestly not as good as those areas. The "scene" off Washington Ave in the Houston Heights area is about 10 Xs more "laid back" and "fun" than ANYwhere in Dallas proper(Uptown, Lower Greenville, and Deep Ellum) and that is saying something as people usually refer to Washiington Ave as "douche central"(lol).. So think about this.

Austin is much more fun, but it is too crowded.

It is true that you will need a car for Houston as it is more spread out.. but as Midtown continues to "grow" I would reckon you probably won't in another year or two.

And this is VERY IMPORTANT!

Midtown Houston and Uptown Dallas have the EXACT SAME DEMOGRAPHIC... but the scene/vibe is almost ENTIRELY DIFFERENT. I can vouche for this as I have lived in both areas, have friends that have lived in both areas, and you could probably even GOOGLE and find the SAME THING being said. The argument is NOT in the favor of Dallas as an FYI lol.

Women:
Honestly, the women in Dallas are incredibly overrated. If you have lived in Houston(again as I said) I believe they are better and it IS NOTICEABLE. Not only are they more attractive but also more fun to be around. Again, you would have had to live in both to know.

Actually I would rank Houston as having the most attractive women in Texas followed by Austin/Ft. Worth being tied for SECOND in Texas... Dallas would be after that. And this is SOLELY based off of physical/external appearance. If you add in that Houston and Austin women are more "complete people" than it's in their favor by a landslide.

It is true that many Dallas women are TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE human beings...which is why MANY of them are single/divorced in their 30s(coincidence?).

Just take it from me... As the saying goes, you can lead a man to water but can't make him drink.

I'm a good looking guy who is making $104,000 salary, lives in Uptown Dallas and drives a newer model BMW M3. And I am looking to get out of Dallas and go to Houston(Midtown preferrably)... or even Austin as soon as the opportunity arises.

My greatest fear is becoming like the people of Dallas and losing my soul...

Money doesn't make the world go round my friends, it is "people" and "character" and those are things that Dallas SORELY LACKS

Don't ever sell your soul for money

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - dalbroker - 12-05-2016

1. Feel this post is a bit too anti-Dallas. Houston women
more attractive than Uptown Dallas? LOL.

2. The people in Dallas are more pretentious and materialistic.
Agreed. But they also look much better (thinner) than the land whales
in Houston. Uptown Dallas has more hot white girls than anywhere
in the state in my opinion. Its a dense target rich environment. Houston is spread out all over the place.

3. The city of Dallas is also cleaner than Houston/San Antonio.
The women in Dallas are the best looking in the state for the age 25+
age group. By far.

4. If you want to target 18-22 year olds.....Goto Austin.
If you want to target hot white girls 24-40 Goto Dallas
If you want to target foreign girls or fatties Goto Houston.

5. For anyone curious I went to college in Austin.....born and raised
in Houston.....and lived in Dallas for 7 years. My data is from the 2000's
but I doubt it has changed that much.

6. $104k is nothing worth bragging @ in my opinion. Think bigger.
7 figures not 6. Freaking NURSES make $104k sometimes.

Quote: (12-04-2016 06:39 PM)kevans74 Wrote:  

hey all

These kinds of threads are common place but I will say that they are about 99% true...

I feel it is my duty to give an HONEST and OBJECTIVE opinion on this as I have personally lived in BOTH Houston (The Heights and Midtown) and Dallas (Lower Greenville and Uptown)

For this discussion when I mention "Dallas" I am referring to the "inner city" or "Dallas proper" and not North Dallas(North of PGBT and the suburbs) or Fort Worth... those two areas are almost ENTIRELY different and worlds apart from Dallas proper now, and those two are great areas btw!

I am a Texas native(from San Antonio) and actually received my bachelor's from SMU(this was circa 2012).

Most of the things, comparison wise are about SPOT ON in this thread so far.

Dallas has really changed and the pretentious attitude, snobbiness, rudeness, unfriendliness has gotten worse since even ~2013ish... I realize that that is only about 3 years but i can notice it.

Currently, I live and work in Uptown Dallas and made $104,000 salary(I can prove this with screenshots/snippets as well if needed) and do well with women. But I have to AGREE with other posters... if I had the opportunity to live in Houston or Austin, I would 100% choose that OVER Dallas

It will be difficult to explain if you have not "lived" in both cities(Houston and Dallas)... See the thing is, it is VERY, VERY, VERY different if you "visit" Dallas.

I've been out to numerous bachelor parties in Uptown and central Dallas and they are very fun... so i can see how a 2-3 day weekend "getaway" in Dallas may appear "fun".

If you live in both cities, as mentioned before, you can DEFINITELY notice the difference in terms of type of people.

There is a saying that the COL is so low and the salaries are so high in Dallas because no one wants to live there... and I have to concur. There was actually a study/poll done recently which placed Dallas as the SLOWEST growing major city in Texas(I think fastest was: Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas last)... and that study/poll INCLUDES Fort Worth(which is a VERY FUN town btw [Image: smile.gif] )... So if you were to take out the numbers from Fort Worth... I can't even imagine how slow it's growing lol.

The "Scene/environment" and how "fun" Austin/Houston is over Dallas is just something you could only tell by living there as well.

*Disclaimer: I never have actually lived in Austin, although my whole family went to UT... BUT... my brother lives there currently and would never leave except to go home to San Antonio or Houston lol. He hates Dallas.

If you are looking for more of a "laid back" and "Southern/Texas" vibe... than your cities are Fort Worth, San Antonio, and Houston. Austin has more of a Northern Caifornia vibe but it retains "Southern/Texas hospitality"... it's difficult to explain but if you have lived in Texas all your life(like myself) you would be able to tell.

Dallas almost feels like it belongs in an entirely different state.. .and it's only getting worse.

"Texas born" residents are actually in the minority in Dallas(proper) now if you didn't know.

The environment is almost 100% based on materialism, superficialmis, GREED, lies, hedonism... This area is what is referred to as "soulless"(do NOT confuse Dallas proper with North Dallas again as mentioned earlier). The environment stands for everything that is wrong with the world today and it is only getting worse. From 30k millionaires, to club whores who are looking to status jump, to fake pretentious people, to people who are just mean/rude just to be mean/rude... this is what Dallas has become.

*Dallas was not always like this and it is changing (for the worse)... I have had MANY, MANY, MANY conversations with Dallasites(born and raised in Dallas) and they are good people and they see and notice how it is changing. I've actually had one Dallasite, and I SWEAR THIS, who bought me drinks(he wanted to) just because I was a "Texas boy" like himself. This is what Dallas has become.

*When I first visited Dallas circa 2006/2007, Dallas was a very, VERY different "city"... it was "snobbier" than San Antonio for sure but it still had a "Southern/Texas charm" to it... that I miss now.

The nightlife in Dallas may "seem" cool/great on a weekend get away but if you had ever lived in Austin or Houston, it is honestly not as good as those areas. The "scene" off Washington Ave in the Houston Heights area is about 10 Xs more "laid back" and "fun" than ANYwhere in Dallas proper(Uptown, Lower Greenville, and Deep Ellum) and that is saying something as people usually refer to Washiington Ave as "douche central"(lol).. So think about this.

Austin is much more fun, but it is too crowded.

It is true that you will need a car for Houston as it is more spread out.. but as Midtown continues to "grow" I would reckon you probably won't in another year or two.

And this is VERY IMPORTANT!

Midtown Houston and Uptown Dallas have the EXACT SAME DEMOGRAPHIC... but the scene/vibe is almost ENTIRELY DIFFERENT. I can vouche for this as I have lived in both areas, have friends that have lived in both areas, and you could probably even GOOGLE and find the SAME THING being said. The argument is NOT in the favor of Dallas as an FYI lol.

Women:
Honestly, the women in Dallas are incredibly overrated. If you have lived in Houston(again as I said) I believe they are better and it IS NOTICEABLE. Not only are they more attractive but also more fun to be around. Again, you would have had to live in both to know.

Actually I would rank Houston as having the most attractive women in Texas followed by Austin/Ft. Worth being tied for SECOND in Texas... Dallas would be after that. And this is SOLELY based off of physical/external appearance. If you add in that Houston and Austin women are more "complete people" than it's in their favor by a landslide.

It is true that many Dallas women are TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE human beings...which is why MANY of them are single/divorced in their 30s(coincidence?).

Just take it from me... As the saying goes, you can lead a man to water but can't make him drink.

I'm a good looking guy who is making $104,000 salary, lives in Uptown Dallas and drives a newer model BMW M3. And I am looking to get out of Dallas and go to Houston(Midtown preferrably)... or even Austin as soon as the opportunity arises.

My greatest fear is becoming like the people of Dallas and losing my soul...

Money doesn't make the world go round my friends, it is "people" and "character" and those are things that Dallas SORELY LACKS

Don't ever sell your soul for money

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - Naughty By Nature - 12-05-2016

Quote: (12-05-2016 08:37 AM)dalbroker Wrote:  

in the state in my opinion. Its a dense target rich environment. Houston is spread out all over the place.

age group. By far.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of that, either. Kind of off-putting to disclose your salary without someone asking beforehand. But here's the thing...this cat said he got his BA/BS in 2012. Assuming he graduated on time, he's only 26. 100k+/year at 26 is highly, highly impressive when you consider the average full-time working adult makes 50k a year and they're in their 40s.

Also, this isn't NYC/SF/LA. 100k in Dallas has you living like a don.

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - kevans74 - 12-06-2016

Quote: (12-05-2016 08:20 PM)Naughty By Nature Wrote:  

age group. By far.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of that, either. Kind of off-putting to disclose your salary without someone asking beforehand. But here's the thing...this cat said he got his BA/BS in 2012. Assuming he graduated on time, he's only 26. 100k+/year at 26 is highly, highly impressive when you consider the average full-time working adult makes 50k a year and they're in their 40s.

I'm 28.

Yea i graduated a little late lol.

Eh... 18-22 maybe Austin

Idk about the "hot white girls" comment as i'm white myself and i've lived in midtown Houston and the Heights... I would say it's about even... have you ever lived in those areas RECENTLY???

That's my question.

It depends, there are attractive white women in Uptown Dallas but they are very fake and have way too much make up and are ALWAYS overly dressed.
*I DO OWN a pair of $400 Magnanni's but those are solely for work purposes, just an example

Again like I said man... I'm not trying to roast you but... have you been to Midtown Houston or the Heights in RECENT TIMES?!?!?

You say early 2000s, but I first visited Dallas circa 2006/2007(when i graduated high school) and Dallas was VERY different back then... I can bet my $104,000 salary on that because I've seen it, asked around, and just "felt/noticed" it

It has gotten worse and people are headed to Austin and Houston... there was A FACTUAL survey/study done that showed Dallas as the SLOWEST growing major city in Texas...and that included Ft. Worth in it LOL

think about it, I'm not trying to put down Dallas I'm just being "honest/real"

My salary was put because i've seen far too many times these 30k millionaires in Uptown... NOT tipping at bars, getting credit card denied, dress WAY WAY OVER THE TOP and driving a POS car(really you can afford/rent a $1000 suit but can't afford a decent car?)... it's a bunch of BULL SHIT(honestly lol)

I can post a snippet of my bi monthly direct deposit when i take home ~$3000 TWICE a month this is AFTER taxes.

The pay in Dallas is so high because no one wants to live here anymore man... I would get around 80-90 in Houston/Austin as the market is more crowded... it's just a fact honestly LOL

So just think about it... this is 2016... NOT the EARLY 2000s... things have changed and Dallas has changed

This is subjective but i have family and friends(old fraternity brothers) all throughout Texas with the most in Austin and Houston so i always have a place to stay and I can I guess "experience" the women I would rate it as:

1. Houston... average of 8/10 in the "good areas" but you are correct some areas there are really bad ones.. but this adds to "Houston" it makes it more of a "real" city
2. Austin/Ft. Worth... high 7... 7.7-8/10... VERY VERY VERY good talent in both of these cities. Some nights on Sundance Square in Ft. Worth(think Saturday or Friday night) you can LITERALLY walk around and see dozens of single hot 7.5/8 out of 10 white women everywhere and SUPER friendly and just fun to be around. I know this also because I dated a girl at Lockheed Martin and would go to see her often in FW
3. Dallas... in Uptown the average has gone down... I would say 7.5/10 average... don't believe me come and see for yourself... ALSO big thing.. If you see an 8 or UP, VERY VERY high chance she is VISITING and doesn't live in Uptown. I have actually had a few ONS with women from Oklahoma(yes here for the OU game lol), Denton and the Heights(in Houston) I can vouche that these women were ALL 8/10 and up in my opinion and the hottest ones at the bars I was at... but honestly, the "overall" average is nothing special... if you don't believe me then come and see for yourself LOL

*Dallas has changed A LOT. I don't think for the better. My salary is high because I'm good, a humble guy(in real life), honest, have my degree... and no one wants to live in Dallas... it's obvious. There is a reason and if you come today you will find out

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - kevans74 - 12-06-2016

I forgot to add.. yes Austin has got some great talent as well...

I've met quite a few knockouts from the Lake Travis area and Round Rock(love the talent produced here lol)

I did date a blonde who lived near Congress awhle back, but it ended since i would primarily only see her when I went to Austin to see my brother and... I mean... she was hotter than about 90% of the girls in Dallas today

Again, if you don't believe me, come and see it today... it's gone down.

The suburbs of Dallas (Plano/Frisco/Grapevine/Flower MOund) still produce some outsstanding talent but that's different and an entirely different "world" from Dallas

*So again to dalbroker, if you are talking about the "city of Dallas" since 2000's to 2016(now)... it REALLY REALLY HAS CHANGED a lot... I understand you may believe it hasn't but it has changed a lot. It's almost like an entirely different city. And to segway off that you also have to consider how much Houston and Austin have changed as well.

*Again, all of my opinions/posts are based off facts and observations i've noticed over the past year. I visitd Austin for a week when headed home for Thanksgiving(we get Tday and Black Friday off and I requested the Wednesday).

And I last spent a whole week(PTO) in Houston this October... so... my observations are VERY recent lol

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - Gpx90210 - 12-07-2016

This thread is out of control. Kevans you talk this big game like you're the shit. Kinda pretentious. Sounds like you're from Dallas or Miami. Just saying.

It's really simple:

Dallas is shit.
Houston is good for work.
Austin is good for fun/party.
San Antonio is eh.

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - TravelerKai - 12-07-2016

Kevans isn't bullshitting at all. Dude is dropping intel. Only thing he hasn't gone into depth over are on all the Central American women and recently added large amount of Colombian women. The California transplants *ahem* escapees are all over the fucking place too. Flirty little women too. Had a few act flirty with me waiting in line for stuff and all kinds of places.

Dallas has changed a shitload since the 2000's. Intell from that time is way too old. Even I went gaming there more recent than the 2000s. I went there in the 2010s. I would say Fort Worth is still better than Dallas. At least from a black guy's perspective and if you want a gal that is willing to ride a cowboy and save a horse.

I told Comte to come check this thread again. Let's see what the master has to say.

Thanks for the laughs Kevans, probably too soon but, +1 from me for being honest and willing to stick your neck out to drop your intel.

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - TravelerKai - 12-07-2016

Quote: (12-05-2016 08:20 PM)Naughty By Nature Wrote:  

age group. By far.

What dope are you smoking? 100K isn't shit in Dallas. Dallas is more expensive than Houston in some ways. Heck that isn't as much as it used to be in Houston either. To be living like a "Don" in Houston, I would say you need 120K-180K per year.

You can only front so hard in Houston with 70K a year.

100K in those other cities you mentioned still means you probably still need roommates, and that sucks, but I digress...

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - Comte De St. Germain - 12-07-2016

I don't check into this thread anymore as anything the newbies say that's valid I already know and if you're an average normie you have no room to say anything because you're just barely hitting the tip if the iceberg.

Which is why I'm pleasantly surprised Kevans is dropping the good shit. Good fucking work. All completely accurate for Houston. This place is on the up and up. Sadly I couldn't give Gustavus Adolphus a good enough run here in Houston to prove what I mean, but guys like Cattle Rustler(from Dallas) and a few other out of towners know the good shit as they've been with me personally to see it or found it of their own accord.

There's so much talent in the 6-8 department it's not even funny. Any girl who couldn't make it in LA is coming here to live affordably while brightening up the scene. The A&M chicks and UT girls are all moving down here after college as well due to the uptightness of Austin for those that are done with college.

Dallas though from what I hear locals saying is on the other hand getting worse and worse. I say this to everyone I know but this place will only get better and there's too much opportunity to pass up.

Get it while it's hot. All you guys saying otherwise haven't been here in the past 3 years or are straight up not even trying. Also disregard anything Dalbroker said about Houston it's all false down to a T minus the hot foreign women. It's even changed heavily from just a few years back when I first joined the forum. Certain clubs on weekdays and shows on weekends if you're night gaming. That's what I'd recommend for optimal night game. The hardcore party crowd is ramping up again as well that's partying 24/7. Though that in and itself is a small scene. You'll probably already know me and a lot of my close associates if you're jumping on that.

Edit: Kevans keep posting and improve your posting game(kind of disorganized). You're more of what we need on the forum. I don't want to jump the gun and rep someone with only 3 posts just yet [Image: lol.gif] [Image: lol.gif]. Get to 10 reps and I'm bringing you along places. Also a drink and cigar on me.

Quote: (12-07-2016 01:23 AM)Gpx90210 Wrote:  

This thread is out of control. Kevans you talk this big game like you're the shit. Kinda pretentious. Sounds like you're from Dallas or Miami. Just saying.

It's really simple:

Dallas is shit.
San Antonio is eh.
I take umbrage to that line.

You've hung out with me. Seen some of the merchandise. And know what's up. It's not simply just "good for work". It's damned good right now.

You need to work on yourself more than anything before making that kind of judgement. We've talked about this already. Because of your life schedule you can't maximize what you get. You need to work on you then head out to do what you need to do.

You're not going to magic yourself into hot chicks if you don't know where to find them in a city this big and loaded.

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - Unchained - 12-07-2016

100k or 6 figures anywhere in the US is great except for San Francisco and Manhattan and upper class suburban areas. WTF are you people smoking?

If you aren't worried about flossing and you're smart with your money, 100k is good anywhere in the US. Even in LA you could have a decent spot with 100k a year unless you guys are worried about rocking rolex's and driving new luxury cars as well.

If you're trying to make money and the "baller" lifestyle then 100k isn't enough in LA/NYC/Miami/San Francisco but if all you spend frugally 100k is great anywhere in the United States.

That comment was silly.

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - dalbroker - 12-07-2016

1. To anyone who lives in a seven figure world......104k is not shit.
104k per month. Now we talking.

2. I think the board needs to raise their expectations and think BIG.

Quote: (12-07-2016 04:21 PM)Unchained Wrote:  

100k or 6 figures anywhere in the US is great except for San Francisco and Manhattan and upper class suburban areas. WTF are you people smoking?

If you aren't worried about flossing and you're smart with your money, 100k is good anywhere in the US. Even in LA you could have a decent spot with 100k a year unless you guys are worried about rocking rolex's and driving new luxury cars as well.

If you're trying to make money and the "baller" lifestyle then 100k isn't enough in LA/NYC/Miami/San Francisco but if all you spend frugally 100k is great anywhere in the United States.

That comment was silly.

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - kevans74 - 12-07-2016

Quote: (12-07-2016 11:47 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Kevans isn't bullshitting at all. Dude is dropping intel. Only thing he hasn't gone into depth over are on all the Central American women and recently added large amount of Colombian women. The California transplants *ahem* escapees are all over the fucking place too. Flirty little women too. Had a few act flirty with me waiting in line for stuff and all kinds of places.

Dallas has changed a shitload since the 2000's. Intell from that time is way too old. Even I went gaming there more recent than the 2000s. I went there in the 2010s. I would say Fort Worth is still better than Dallas. At least from a black guy's perspective and if you want a gal that is willing to ride a cowboy and save a horse.

I told Comte to come check this thread again. Let's see what the master has to say.

Thanks for the laughs Kevans, probably too soon but, +1 from me for being honest and willing to stick your neck out to drop your intel.

thanks for the rep man!

I'm just being "honest/real"

Quote: (12-07-2016 01:02 PM)Comte De St. Germain Wrote:  

Quote: (12-07-2016 01:23 AM)Gpx90210 Wrote:  

It's really simple:

Dallas is shit.
San Antonio is eh.
I take umbrage to that line.

You've hung out with me. Seen some of the merchandise. And know what's up. It's not simply just "good for work". It's damned good right now.

You need to work on yourself more than anything before making that kind of judgement. We've talked about this already. Because of your life schedule you can't maximize what you get. You need to work on you then head out to do what you need to do.

You're not going to magic yourself into hot chicks if you don't know where to find them in a city this big and loaded.

this guys speaks truth...

My goodness... If I could make anywhere CLOSE to what I was making in Dallas(I am willing to take a paycut too) I would live in Houston

The Heights and Midtown... the "people" the "talent level" of some of the girls i've met/seen in those areas...my God..

And they are the type you want to be around too, much like Fort Worth and Austin girls... but hotter and more educated, higher professional

Hell, I'll come down this weekend! Drinks on me! if anyone is down lol

I get paid bimonthly and will BE LOADED next weekedn though, I could probably drop a grand just going out if anyone wants to head out

I've already been in the process of asking for transfer and looking at apartments in Midtown and the Heights

The best way to put it is... Uptown Dallas and Midtown Houston is the EXACT SAME SAME demographic... but Midtown Houston is about 100 TIMES funner lol and the people are so much easier to be around

^Word of advice man. The mods are pretty strict about grammar so I would suggest just posting from your laptop so you don't get a warning but damn I love your energy.

[Image: highfive.gif]

Quote: (12-07-2016 10:37 PM)Comte De St. Germain Wrote:  

^Word of advice man. The mods are pretty strict about grammar so I would suggest just posting from your laptop so you don't get a warning but damn I love your energy.

I'm just an honest guy lol.

I'm actually posting from my apartment in State Thomas in Uptown right now... place is dead and the few girls i've seen walking around my complex were nothing to write home about (strong 7) and looked like their soul got sucked out of them(not kidding)

I considered going to Billy Bob's in FW(EXCELLENT "talent" there) but too far of a drive and I have work and gym in the morning so this weekend definitely

I may actually head down though as I was supposed to look at some property and have some very very good friends who live in Houston who gush and say they would never leave lol

*is it true they shut down Celtic Garden in Midtown? When you have so many Little Woodrow's and so many "fun" people and knockouts I guess it wouldn't matter too much lol

*Side note: If any of you ever goes to Houston Gym off Durham... that will give some of you an indication of just "some" of the "talent level" that Houston has lol

This is a random post to this thread, but Ft. Worth is SEVERELY underrated for "fun" and "talent". I understand the economy isn't that great but it's an awesome city to go and have fun in

Quote: (12-07-2016 10:45 PM)kevans74 Wrote:  

I'm actually posting from my apartment in State Thomas in Uptown right now... place is dead and the few girls i've seen walking around my complex were nothing to write home about (strong 7) and looked like their soul got sucked out of them(not kidding)

I considered going to Billy Bob's in FW(EXCELLENT "talent" there) but too far of a drive and I have work and gym in the morning so this weekend definitely

I may actually head down though as I was supposed to look at some property and have some very very good friends who live in Houston who gush and say they would never leave lol

*is it true they shut down Celtic Garden in Midtown? When you have so many Little Woodrow's and so many "fun" people and knockouts I guess it wouldn't matter too much lol

*Side note: If any of you ever goes to Houston Gym off Durham... that will give some of you an indication of just "some" of the "talent level" that Houston has lol

Fuck Little Woodrow's(unless you're going for the gumbo and chilli cook offs). Trash chain with asshole bouncers.

Anyways yeah Celtic has been closed a while now. Though most people I know go to Avante Garden or Hugh's Hanger(dependent on night) if you're looking for a similar kind of vibe.

And I'm not too sure about that gym, but that might be the one a few people I know visit if the talent is good. Seen more than a few group gym videos on snapchat. Granted how incestuous nightlife can be it's not too much of a surprise if a lot of hot chicks go to the same gym.

Quote: (12-07-2016 10:59 PM)Comte De St. Germain Wrote:  

Fuck Little Woodrow's(unless you're going for the gumbo and chilli cook offs). Trash chain with asshole bouncers.

Anyways yeah Celtic has been closed a while now. Though most people I know go to Avante Garden or Hugh's Hanger(dependent on night) if you're looking for a similar kind of vibe.

And I'm not too sure about that gym, but that might be the one a few people I know visit if the talent is good. Seen more than a few group gym videos on snapchat. Granted how incestuous nightlife can be it's not too much of a surprise if a lot of hot chicks go to the same gym.

Houston gym is a local gym(I suppose that's obvious) and everyone there is just really cool lol. The gym owner's name is Matt something and he's a really cool guy.

Yea I remember seeing groups of 8-8.5(easy lol) going together wearing short shorts and tanks... pretty good stuff lol

That area is nice, even running along Knox you can tell that everyone is educated, professional and financially well off but also just trying to have a "good time". But that's Houston, everyone is cool and I think (mostly genuinely) a good person

What salary do you all suppose would be needed to be comfortable there as I know it's more expensive than Dallas? But I would highly consider a pay cut.

Another thing the Houston haters forget to mention often is...

all the HOT nurses in Houston thanks to TMC

Also teachers get paid more in Houston than Dallas (mostly females)

Just some food for thought...

Quote: (12-07-2016 11:05 PM)kevans74 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-07-2016 10:59 PM)Comte De St. Germain Wrote:  

Houston gym is a local gym(I suppose that's obvious) and everyone there is just really cool lol. The gym owner's name is Matt something and he's a really cool guy.

Yea I remember seeing groups of 8-8.5(easy lol) going together wearing short shorts and tanks... pretty good stuff lol

That area is nice, even running along Knox you can tell that everyone is educated, professional and financially well off but also just trying to have a "good time". But that's Houston, everyone is cool and I think (mostly genuinely) a good person

What salary do you all suppose would be needed to be comfortable there as I know it's more expensive than Dallas? But I would highly consider a pay cut.

Depends what you're looking for.

If you're looking for a place within walking distance of Midtown or the Heights/Washington Avenue or Montrose you'd have to make atleast 6 figures to live decently.

You can make less if you don't mind 10-25 minute Ubers around town depending on which you're closer too.

Or live dirt cheap out 30ish away and drive into town to party then pass out on your friends' couches like I do(sadly I'm what you call a leech) after building a social circle or just crash in the backseat of your car on a bad night(make sure you buy a parking pass for one of the major garages around town so you can fall asleep relatively safe). Keep a spare change of clothes and shower up and get going at your local gym in town. It's not comfy but it pushes you to get laid on nights you are actually out. Saves money too.