rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Inside Scoop on Houston?

Although i am about to embark on a long international trip, when i return, i'd like to live in a large city with warmer weather.

My primary targets are Los Angeles and Dallas/Houston and possibly Atlanta. Miami & Phoenix seem to have weaker economies and fewer white collar jobs.

I visited there 2 years ago and it was a very diverse and international place. I went out in downtown Houston but didn't find the nightlife or women in the clubs all that great, mainly because i didn't know where to go out in H-town. I also tried to look for some kind of club/nightlife site with pics but it doesn't seem to exist.

I've visited all of the above cities, but have never LIVED in any of them. So what is the inside scoop on these cities, their women and nightlife?

How are the women in Houston? How is the nightlife? There are A LOT of hispanics in Houston; are they the hotter Latinas or the more dumpy looking types?

Would you recommend Houston? And how does it compare with Los Angeles and also vs Dallas and Atlanta? I'm also particularly interested in Dallas as well.

My primary motivation to live there is that it would be a cheaper and easier to live as compared to Los Angeles, as i am a bit fearful of the cost of living and overall quality of life in LA if you are not rich or really well-connected.

I was born and raised in Houston. I don't like downtown to much, midtown is a lot better for nightlife. Washington street is good if you're a white douchebag. Its the truth so nobody get mad. There's sites out there with pictures and all that shit from clubs and bars but I'm not sure what they are. Id have to ask and get back at u. I think indmix.com is black club pictures

I've never been to Dallas but everyone I know who has likes htown more. My friend said Houston is like a smaller version of LA that's a lot cheaper. No idea about Atlanta but I know its not as diverse and international as Houston.

There's all kinds of females here. I can't say there's mainly one type of hispanics because its so big and lots of different personalities around town. Some fat girls and some fine ones.

The thing with Houston is its not a tourist city and a car is mandatory. There's lots and lots and lots of bars and clubs around town. Midtown, downtown, uptown and washington street are the main strips but there's shit all over.

Ask me anything else if u have other questions. Its a fun and cheap city. If you're bored here, you need to kill yourself lol. There's a reason so many out of staters move here, there's a lot of money to be made here

I have lived in the DFW area for 8 years now. unfortunately, being 20 years old (an just recently started being really social a few montsh ago), i do not have much information to give on the nighlife here. I do know that this area has the more stripclubs than any other city in the US. Many of my friends go to clubs in dallas. I hear about Club Plush, The Lizard Lounge, and Insomnia(strip club by day, nightclub from 4am to 8am) quite often. Most of the stories i hear revolve around everyone doing E tabs and other drugs, and i apparently the clubs are always way too crowded on the weekends.

Job wise, i read an article a while back about how this area is in a bubble that is for the most part unaffected by the bad economy and is only slightly feeling the hurt in the real estate bizz. (my neighbors house, which was id say around 5000 sqft, was only on the market for a week)

If you were to move here and you had money, the best place to live would most likely be flower mound, south lake, west lake, or keller.

all of the cities above are about 20 to 40 minuets away from dallas, irving, and ft worth.

If you are looking for single young women i would just live in Dallas. Once you get out in suburbia you will only see a handful of women in their mid to late 30s that arent married. Most of the chicks around here who are attractive and young are already married for some unknown reason. You also run into a ton of jailbait.

How are the girls in Houston compared to Los Angeles and Dallas? And are they relatively easy?

How do they compare to the DC area? (where i am now).

Houston:

Lowdown - it's a shithole in my opinion...it's hot like a mofo. Everybody has tinted pick up trucks with AC blasting all day because it's hot/humid. Apparently the city sits where a swamp used to exist. Mosquitoes the size of dogs...

-Houston is the hub for southern rednecks to come and find a job....it's a magnet for the Dukes of Hazzard crowd.

-The city is laid out in a way that makes no fucking sense. It's Texas/Republican country so it's all I love my country but hate my government or translation: anything in the form of regulations preventing me from fucking you over... don't tread on me retarded shit is abound. So they don't do things like ban strip club billboards which dominate the landscape especially in dallas. No zoning so shit is scattered all over and business are built alongside the freakin freeway...

-Mass transit is non existent...no car..no where to go

-Because of Oil big ass Nigerian, Persian-Iranian, Arab, Vietnamese population and obviously Mexican/Blacks/Whites....

-Women - Texas women are impressed by the simple things in life like McMansions and pick up trucks...it's not that hard...Looks wise the latina's are fire but you can have a sizeable fugly population because believe it or not this is a fat city. PPL do not work out due to the heat, culture, and plentiful greasy fat food....If you love BBQ, Steak, and real fresh Tex Mex you'll love H-town...

Women
LA - crushes on looks
Houston - crushes on personality and ease
Dallas - more smoking women but they have a sizable gold digger population...

Wyd - i'd imagine dtown and htown hoes are the same for the most part. Keep in mind Dallas gets a lot colder than Houston in the winter. Someone on here is from Houston and living in DC. I asked him about the girls up there and he said they're nothing special. Girls will be easy as long as u look decent, dress decent and got a nice car. A nice car is a must here since everyone drives.

IYou'll fit in here no matter how u look or what u like to do. It would be retarded to stereotype this whole city because its to diverse.

Houstons cool to live, not to party.

Houston is extrememly hot and extremely humid, the weather sucks period. The peole are much more laid back than in Dallas.
Dallas is hot but not as humid, people think they are really important and go into as much debt as possible to look like they are rich. More hot chicks than H-town but they are usually miserable human beings.
Both are good for work but depends on what industry you are in.
LA, most overrated city on the planet.
Atlanta, only been there once, similar weather to Dallas other than that I don't know.

Peopel from Houston like living there, most that travel there won't like it. Houston hates Dallas, and Dallas hates Houston. Things to take into consideration while getting people's input.

@Houston- where are the good places to go out then? I think i read on city-data that some of the people said that the nightlife isn't that great in Houston, and that places open and are only cool for a short period before the douchebag crowd takes over.

Where would you go out to meet the hot hoes if places like Washington Av sucks? Midtown seemed to slant more towards the alternative/punk chicks.

@caramelcommunist- did you actually live in Houston? or is this just based on impressions/visits? if you lived there recently and this is your opinion, could you provide more details?

@kickboxer- lots of the hot young women are married? i saw somewhere that lots of women in Houston get married early too. Are there still plenty of hot, young single women?

I lived in Houston for a year for a consulting contract.....I have also traveled for work/play in Austin - Santonio - Dallas/FtWorth......I have family that lives in Austin - Dallas - Houston as well...

Check out the galleria area...was pretty happening place...clubs are spread out, not really one central district like most cities....Downtown sucks balls...bring your boots and cowboy hats too....

And Texas (especially Dallas)strip clubs are pretty worldclass....It's strange because the ppl are so religious but blow big cash at strip clubs. Go figure...

Quote: (03-10-2011 01:14 PM)whosyourdaddy Wrote:  

@Houston- where are the good places to go out then? I think i read on city-data that some of the people said that the nightlife isn't that great in Houston, and that places open and are only cool for a short period before the douchebag crowd takes over.

Where would you go out to meet the hot hoes if places like Washington Av sucks? Midtown seemed to slant more towards the alternative/punk chicks.

@caramelcommunist- did you actually live in Houston? or is this just based on impressions/visits? if you lived there recently and this is your opinion, could you provide more details?

@kickboxer- lots of the hot young women are married? i saw somewhere that lots of women in Houston get married early too. Are there still plenty of hot, young single women?

Whosyourdaddy - it depends how old u are. I think you're getting midtown confused with the montrose area. Montrose is where you'll find the punk/gay/alternative shit. Midtown has some good shit. Lots of bars and clubs lined up on the streets. I don't think the nightlifes to bad but its a bitch because u have to drive everywhere. Gotta be careful if you're getting drunk

I would take communist's comments lightly. Can't say I've ever met anyone that hates it so much. That would include people from here, people visitng and people that moved from somewhere else

word on the street is that midtown is best for beaver. People in Texas get married a little earlier than in Cali, but there are millions of people in houston so it isn't an issue.

Quote: (03-09-2011 01:05 PM)whosyourdaddy Wrote:  

I like Houston, but then again ... I love Latinas. I think Houston is a good move. I also like the fact that other cities in TX aren't far away and you can also bounce to Mexico. The salsa scene is OK in Houston also.

I like Houston over DC, hands down. For one, I think Houston has more women and they are more friendly. I haven't been impressed by anything in DC other than its proximity to NYC.

Quote: (03-12-2011 08:46 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

I like Houston, but then again ... I love Latinas. I think Houston is a good move. I also like the fact that other cities in TX aren't far away and you can also bounce to Mexico. The salsa scene is OK in Houston also.

I like Houston over DC, hands down. For one, I think Houston has more women and they are more friendly. I haven't been impressed by anything in DC other than its proximity to NYC.

Yea...DC sucks pretty bad. I love Latinas as well but for some reason the ones in the DMV aren't cute. So are the numbers and quality in Houston better?

[Image: 740_MKT_HOUSTON_IMG_5009.jpg]
What it do [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (03-13-2011 02:13 AM)rakishness Wrote:  

Yea...DC sucks pretty bad. I love Latinas as well but for some reason the ones in the DMV aren't cute. So are the numbers and quality in Houston better?

Houston is 1/3 Hispanic not sure what DC is but I'm sure it is not even close to that.

Have you lived in both cities? (DC and H-town)

Quote: (03-13-2011 02:46 AM)houston Wrote:  

Hell..that's one car friendly city.
Wouldn't mind a visit...I've heard the strip club girls are the best in the country.And I do like Southern Belles.

But,not a cat in hells chance I'd ever live there...I like to walk places or at least catch the train,bus!

I'm bumping this thread because a girl I used to fuck in High School, has now invited me to go visit her. However, I was recently in Dallas, and LOVED the reception I got in Dallas from white girls, and I;m just afraid that i will not like Houston after my Dallas Experience [Image: sad.gif]

so, you Houston players....Is Houston worth a trip? I need to have something to fall back on in case this girls gets "creepy" (have not seen her in 22 years), or should I just tell her to meet me in Miami, or better yet Austin and keep it neutral?

If I go to Houston she has home-field advantage, so I am "iffy" on doing that.

Thoughts?

Mixx

Quote: (03-13-2011 02:46 AM)houston Wrote:  

Wow, that's a really small downtown area for being the 4th largest city in the US. I'm suprised about how little LAs sky line is as well.

I've lived in all 3 Atlanta, Dallas & Houston.

LA wouldn't even make my D list, I never lived there but visited friends many time that has to be the fakest city in america or the world. Yeah the women are fine, but money does not do it in LA you also need to be famous.. you need to be somebody!!!

#1 Dallas - New money younger crowd, Newer city almost everything is new, clean tons of new people move their monthly, tons of white,blk and hispanics chicks. Dallas is a little more yuppish like driving bmw, and wearing true religion jeans but the women are so cooperative, my fav city by far.

2. Houston- Old money city, more country but still TONS to do, last i checked they had over 7,000 resturants, yeah it get humid as shit there you need to grow some fish gills in the summer but still tons of partying to do a little more ghetto than dallas, houston also has a HUGE asian population I have no idea why, but if you like asian chicks Htown is where it's at.

Atlanta - traffic,traffic,traffic, has to be the worst in the nation maybe 2nd to LA. Atl is wayy past its prime in the late 80's and early 90's you get alot of people from detroit, chicago and alot of people from New Jersey acting like they are donald trump down there, tons of single blk women since half the male population is GAY, no sure about white chicks but the city used to be like a black meeca. So majority of people there are blk and on some ole hollywood shit trying to be famous, stylist, rapper, clothes designer, singer etc. while working in a corporate ghetto (call center) during the day.

Atl is very overrated but the best areas were midtown, atlantic station, dunwoody & roswell

Any city in Texas is cool because they all are only 3-4 hours apart Austin-Dallas-Houston and San Antonio (not recommended) so combined you looking at 12-13 million people (6 mil houston) 5 dallas (2-3 mil in austin) plus tons of flights in and out of Dallas & houston you're never more than 2 hours from really anywhere in the country, and houston is hub to central and south america.

So its nothing to hit Htown or Austin for the weekend, from Dallas or vice versa, I know some people that commute between the 2 cities.

Dallas - more yuppy,white collar professional- home of the 30k millionaire lol (uptown is cool area)

Houston - old money older city, more international (plus worlds largest liquor store) and only 40 min from gulf of mexico (galveston) (Anywhere off of Westheimer street by the galleria is the best place to live everything is there on that street and I mean everything) They have a starbucks across street from the mall that is better than any club ive been to this shit stays open 24hrs and is jamed packed, bitches sitting on the curb cause no seats, dudes pulling up in lambos and phantoms just sitting out on curb, people get dressed to go hang out here. Insane some people just call it the "bucks"

Austin - hippy, party, laid back town its like a college campus with 3 million people, i know plenty of people who went to UT and never left and 6th street is nutz every weekend.

Hope that helps.

International playboy - Houston has 4 different skylines (downtown, midtown, medical center and greenspoint) . They're all in different parts of town. The skyline would be insane if they were combined like every other city.

Mixx - go to Austin if you don't feel like driving. You'll have to drive a lot in Htown.

born and raised in houston.

for the most part, this thread has been spot on.

you MUST MUST MUST have a car. that can't be stressed enough... and make sure you have enough gas money. everything is extremely spaced out. the women here are okay, nothing like austin. there's a good pick here so it's not like you'll be stuck with greasy whales and hippopotamus' even though there are plenty.

the nightlife scene is alright. nothing too crazy, i have to say that the white girls here are for the most part... really simple. they get off on whataburger, pick up trucks, and pop music on the radio. that's not to say that there aren't any white cuties though, but there sure aren't up to par with austin chicks.

out of all the cities in texas i feel like austin and houston are really the only ones worth visiting.

Quote: (01-28-2012 05:21 AM)houston Wrote:  

International playboy - Houston has 4 different skylines (downtown, midtown, medical center and greenspoint) . They're all in different parts of town. The skyline would be insane if they were combined like every other city.

Mixx - go to Austin if you don't feel like driving. You'll have to drive a lot in Htown.

Just google imaged houstons skyline, I guess you're right.