Roosh V Forum
Oprah running for President? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+---- Forum: Politics (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-8.html)
+---- Thread: Oprah running for President? (/thread-66626.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Oprah running for President? - Cr33pin - 01-14-2018

[Image: 22TWZAB.jpg]

Oprah running for President? - 911 - 01-14-2018

Quote: (01-14-2018 04:03 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Quote: (01-13-2018 10:45 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Quote: (01-13-2018 09:30 PM)Latinopan Wrote:  

Oprah was a big player in the destruction of the black family, she was a very vocal trashing black men on TV and black men remember that very well.

You know what every black man remembers, and will remember when voting time comes around? Kanye West saying "George Bush does not care about black people" on live television.

Black people remember hurricane Katrina. They also remember that Oprah put boots on the ground before fema did. Oprah coordinated a massive money and supply drive and distribution that people have tried over and over to pick apart and find corruption in, and they just can't. She stuck around and helped massive amounts of people for years after.

I have a personal connection to Katrina from my time in the Navy. It was a complete embarrassment. It was also the most evil vulgar disgusting thing I saw. Worse than anything in Afghan or Iraq. Even the 04 tsunami, which we did a great job handling in another fucking country. Katrina was a slap in the face to black people and Oprah was right there getting her hands dirty. Nobody can touch her for it.

I don't think this has been mentioned yet. Just remember because of this, and because if who she is, every black person in the country will vote for her. This "destruction of black males" is just not something that will matter.

Aloha!

I agree, but she won't be able to do it without the real support of the DNC (not the fake support - the real decision makers are probably not even elected). She has to be a candidate who is pliable enough. Also it's possible that some parts of the globalist leadership actually prefer Donald Trump to rule for the next election cycle.

If that is the case then a much weaker candidate will be selected to run against president Trump.

Because keep in mind - the globalist leadership is not concerned about Twitter bullshit, but about what a president actually does.

She could win, even with the DNC and PTBs working against her. She has 41 million twitter followers, if the DNC blocked her, she could run a campaign positioning herself as anti-establishment and destroy whoever Debbie Wasserman or Rahm Emmanuel line up against her. She would then also take a few voters from Trump by taking some of the anti-establishment mantle away from him. She only needs to take 1%-3% of his voters to flip MI, PA, FL and OH and win the election.

The more I think about it, the more I think the presidency is totally hers for the taking. Given the size of her ego, I think she will take it.

Quote:Quote:

bookmakers' listed odds suggest Oprah might have the strongest chance of anyone to beat out Trump for the Oval Office, as she's now listed with the second-best odds in what's expected to be a crowded field of candidates.

Currently, Oprah is listed at 8/1 to win the White House at the offshore betting site 5dimes — meaning a $100 bet would win you $800 should she take the presidency in 2020. That puts her ahead of an impressive list of experienced politicians, including Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren (12/1), California Sen. Kamala Harris (14/1), New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (16/1), and New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker (33/1), all of whom have shown signs they are considering a 2020 run.

Oprah is also listed with much better odds than other celebrities people think might throw their hat in the 2020 ring, including Dwayne Johnson (28/1), Mark Zuckerberg (33/1), Mark Cuban (66/1), and Kanye West (150/1).

While most sites currently have Oprah somewhere between 8/1 or 12/1, at one site her odds have gotten as high as almost 2/1. Perhaps even more surprisingly, the odds indicate her entrance into the presidential race is all but inevitable.

http://www.businessinsider.com/odds-opra...018-1?op=1

8 to 1 is a good bet to take at this point...

Oprah running for President? - Transsimian - 01-14-2018

Quote: (01-14-2018 11:53 AM)911 Wrote:  

She could win, even with the DNC and PTBs working against her. She has 41 million twitter followers, if the DNC blocked her, she could run a campaign positioning herself as anti-establishment and destroy whoever Debbie Wasserman or Rahm Emmanuel line up against her. She would then also take a few voters from Trump by taking some of the anti-establishment mantle away from him. She only needs to take 1%-3% of his voters to flip MI, PA, FL and OH and win the election.

The more I think about it, the more I think the presidency is totally hers for the taking. Given the size of her ego, I think she will take it.

I've long said she was the only other person who could have done a Donald Trump.

She's got her own powerbase, so she doesn't have to toe the party line.
Here biggest limitation is the industry she's in. Donald is a developer, it doesn't matter if you love him or hate him, a luxury hotel is a luxury hotel.

Oprah though, She's literally the face of her media empire, the face on every magazine, people buy because they trust and admire her. This gives her a lot less freedom to take controversial but necessary positions.

Oprah running for President? - eradicator - 01-16-2018

I've long said she was the only other person who could have done a Donald Trump.

Dwane Johnson could do it, and reportedly is interested in 2024, hasn’t said what party yet

Oprah running for President? - Hypno - 01-16-2018

"Goofy" Elizabeth Warren (Pocahantas) is younger than Bernie Sanders and every bit as communist. She is probably more intelligent, articulate/polished, and politically savvy. While she is not perfect, she doesn't have the negatives that Hillary or Oprah have. She has been positioning herself to run and I expect she will. I don't think Hillary's health would allow her to run. Bernie is getting older and already got blocked by the machine, and in any event would likley lose to Warren. Warren is a Senator and lawyer with policy bona fides and would make Oprah look like a compromise to the left. Not sure who else the left might run but Warren in my opinion is a more formidable candidate and a more likely candidate than Oprah.

Still, as the left moves further left they make it easier for the right to win. Warren would lock up the left but not much of the middle in my opinion.

What the right needs to worry about is a mainstream liberal, I don't know, Leonardo DiCaprio or Jennifer Lopez, even Tom Cruise or Robert Downey Jr. (I'm guessing they are left, have no idea) they would take the left and take a good chunk of the middle that would make it difficult for the right to win.

Oprah running for President? - Bacchus - 01-16-2018

Quote: (01-16-2018 01:30 PM)Hypno Wrote:  

"Goofy" Elizabeth Warren (Pocahantas) is younger than Bernie Sanders and every bit as communist. She is probably more intelligent, articulate/polished, and politically savvy. While she is not perfect, she doesn't have the negatives that Hillary or Oprah have. She has been positioning herself to run and I expect she will. I don't think Hillary's health would allow her to run. Bernie is getting older and already got blocked by the machine, and in any event would likley lose to Warren. Warren is a Senator and lawyer with policy bona fides and would make Oprah look like a compromise to the left. Not sure who else the left might run but Warren in my opinion is a more formidable candidate and a more likely candidate than Oprah.

Still, as the left moves further left they make it easier for the right to win. Warren would lock up the left but not much of the middle in my opinion.

Warren has the "Native American" controversy following her around. She's said that her mother told her stories that she's part Indian, but if she ran for President, she'd have to give a definitive answer. The left would treat her like another Dolezal.

Oprah running for President? - Blancpain - 01-17-2018

The Rock is probably a closet Republican, my take is that he didn't speak out in support of Donald Trump because 90% of the people he is in contact with in everyday are SJW/Liberals. He is a hollywood star at the end of the day.

Why did I get this vibe?

[Image: Screen_Shot_2018_01_17_at_6_59_04_AM.png]
upload a pic on the internet

He could've easily endorsed Hillary last year if he was a true Democrat, his word carried a lot of weight, but he chose to keep silent.

I can relate to this mentality a lot, I kept silent last year as well even though I was a Trump supporter due to my inner circle.

Oprah running for President? - Number one bummer - 01-17-2018

I remember seeing a article last year where Bobby Lashley(black WWE wrestler that fought for Trump at Wrestlemania) said that The Rock can be president after Trump fixes the country. Maybe he knows The Rocks leanings. Bobby also defended Trump saying he wasn't a racist so of course the story didn't go far.

Oprah running for President? - Rush87 - 01-17-2018

Quote: (01-17-2018 12:42 AM)Number one bummer Wrote:  

I remember seeing a article last year where Bobby Lashley(black WWE wrestler that fought for Trump at Wrestlemania) said that The Rock can be president after Trump fixes the country. Maybe he knows The Rocks leanings. Bobby also defended Trump saying he wasn't a racist so of course the story didn't go far.

I wouldn't hold out much hope that the Rock is Republican BUT... There is one very odd elephant in the room;

He won't release his political affiliation. If he were a Democrat, that would only boost his standing within' Hollywood however, if he came out as a Republican, it would be very damaging.

There is a strong argument to be made that he would have a far higher chance of winning the Presidency as a Republican.

If he were the Republican candidate [Just playing the what if game] - The Republican base would get behind him, but I would have to think he would cause enough ripples in the liberal community to garner a far higher slice of their vote than a Republican would normally get.

With that said, he'd likely be a puppet no matter which side he aligned with.

Oprah running for President? - MajorStyles - 01-21-2018

The better question might be the following: Can Oprah win the swing states? Most likely, blue states (California, New York) will remain blue and the red states (Georgia, Alabama) will remain red. But Trump is in the White House because he won the swing states (not to mention the garnering of "blue-wall states" like Michigan and Pennsylvania).

People in the swing states were very alienated under Obama. Are these people going to branch-swing after only four years? I don't think so. Clearly, many of them have eaten the red pill if they voted for Trump. A vote for DJT is not a casual thing, but involves a strong opinion on the direction of the country. I don't see this new batch of conservatives doing a 360 in 2020 and suddenly becoming SJWs.

People in the swing states will, most likely, be ready to give Trump four more years, thus validating their original decision. This is far more likely than them saying, "Gee, I was wrong in 2016. Let's do the SJW thing again."

Oprah running for President? - Foolsgo1d - 01-21-2018

Quote: (01-14-2018 02:32 PM)Transsimian Wrote:  

Here biggest limitation is the industry she's in. Donald is a developer, it doesn't matter if you love him or hate him, a luxury hotel is a luxury hotel.

Oprah though, She's literally the face of her media empire, the face on every magazine, people buy because they trust and admire her. This gives her a lot less freedom to take controversial but necessary positions.

Do the baying mobs of liberal women, their male feminist cohorts, Antifa-esque Gen Z and millennial street thugs, Hollywood limousine stars and most of the US coastal areas strike you as giving a flying fuck about any of that prior to voting her in?

She is a black woman who is well known across the world, that alone should scare people here who say it would never happen. These people will vote for her and not give a rats ass about the consequences.

Oprah running for President? - El Chinito loco - 01-21-2018

Quote: (01-21-2018 01:27 PM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

Do the baying mobs of liberal women, their male feminist cohorts, Antifa-esque Gen Z and millennial street thugs, Hollywood limousine stars and most of the US coastal areas strike you as giving a flying fuck about any of that prior to voting her in?

She is a black woman who is well known across the world, that alone should scare people here who say it would never happen. These people will vote for her and not give a rats ass about the consequences.

Yes it's definitely a possibility the question is the American political pendulum ready to swing back left again? I'm guessing not quite yet. I'd say we get two terms with Trump before that happens.

To me the political landscape still looks like business as usual. People are grasping onto these big dramatic sounding movements but I sense political astroturfs coming down the pipeline. This is especially true with how much of a disruption Bernie and Trump caused a few of the elites who got complacent.

Nothing will change the plutocratic and/or big business shadow of U.S. politics until the system is dramatically overhauled. I see no one seriously advocating for any of that on the left or right. It's all just political theater with big money pulling strings as usual.

Oprah running for President? - CynicalContrarian - 01-21-2018

Yep.
Oprah will have to abide by political correctness.
If not double down (paging Voxday) on PC in the 'MeToo' era.

She can't be as flippant or joke or meme as readily as the MAGA / Trump crowd.
Her rhetoric will be PC & we all know the left can't meme.
Add in her unsavoury history with the likes of Weinstein...

Being PC hindered Hilldawg & assuming the Trump admin. stays the current course, what can Oprah offer?

More jobs? Trump has done that.
Stronger economy? Trump has done that.
Better foreign policy? Trump has done that.
Less war? Trump has done that.

More migrants? Not advisable.
More welfare? Note advisable.
More gender neutral bathrooms? Not advisable. Etc., etc.

Oprah running for President? - Turnus - 01-22-2018

Oprah sightings in Michigan this weekend. Very weird that she would randomly show up on the West site of the state. Second time in the last couple of months.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/m...051816001/

Oprah running for President? - 911 - 01-22-2018

Quote: (01-21-2018 09:38 PM)CynicalContrarian Wrote:  

Yep.
Oprah will have to abide by political correctness.
If not double down (paging Voxday) on PC in the 'MeToo' era.

She can't be as flippant or joke or meme as readily as the MAGA / Trump crowd.
Her rhetoric will be PC & we all know the left can't meme.
Add in her unsavoury history with the likes of Weinstein...

Being PC hindered Hilldawg & assuming the Trump admin. stays the current course, what can Oprah offer?

More jobs? Trump has done that.
Stronger economy? Trump has done that.
Better foreign policy? Trump has done that.
Less war? Trump has done that.

More migrants? Not advisable.
More welfare? Note advisable.
More gender neutral bathrooms? Not advisable. Etc., etc.

At the risk of coming across as a, uhm, cynical contrarian, because I certainly prefer Trump to Oprah, she can beat Trump simply by getting a turnout from the Democrat base that's closer to what Obama got than what Hillary was able to pull.

Oprah would bring a higher voter participation for Blacks and maybe for women who weren't as enthused with Hillary.

[Image: blog_map_black_population.jpg]

Traditional Michigan Democratic voters in inner cities such as Detroit and Flint helped President Obama win his second term in 2012, but didn't pack the same punch for Hillary Clinton in 2016.

Republican Donald Trump remained a whisker ahead of Clinton Wednesday, Nov. 9, -- 48 to 47 percent -- with 99 percent of all precincts in the state counted.

Unofficial results show Clinton couldn't come close to Obama's performance four years ago in areas of the state with the highest percentages of black voters, including metro Detroit -- Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties.

Those counties accounted for 37 percent of the state's overall vote Tuesday, Nov. 8, and 55 percent went to Clinton. Obama took 69 percent of the same region's vote four years ago.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2016...le_we.html

For Trump to hold on to Michigan, Florida, he's going to have to hold on to all his 2016 voters, and then some. States like NC (23% Black) that Trump carried would also come to play. Oprah would win just by flipping MI, FL and any other state.

Oprah running for President? - CynicalContrarian - 01-22-2018

^
One matter is for sure. As Oprah is the strongest DNC POTUS candidate they can run at this time.
Should she ever announce a Presidential run; at that moment, every other Democrat should just give up & pack it in.
Even Bernie Sanders would once again have to cuck himself & say - "Yes mammy".

Oprah running for President? - Genghis Khan - 01-22-2018

Not being Trump.

People on the left seem to really, really hate Trump.

At least in 2016, people assumed Trump wouldn't win. I wonder how many more people on the left would've come out in swing states to vote for Clinton.

Clinton mentioned how after the election scores of young women came up to her and apologized for not voting (I guess they all believed that Clinton had a 99% change of winning and didn't bother to show up).

What happens in 2020 when liberals are salivating at any chance to vote out Trump?

In their eyes, you can't do worse than Trump.

2020 might just be about whether Trump can stay in office, not whether his opponent (whoever it may be) can actually offer something.

People will cling onto any excuse they can to vote Trump out of office. Take a look at the flimsy arguments the left came up with against Trump in 2016, now imagine the bullshit they'll come up with for his opponent in 2020.

All this stuff about Oprah's past and connection with Weinstein...I just can't imagine the left giving a fuck. Did anyone on the left care about Bill Clinton rape behavior and how Hillary covered for him? Fuck no. So why would you imagine the left suddenly caring about Oprah and her dealings with Weinstein. Especially as a black woman, she or her supporters can just dog whistle 'muh racist patriarchy.

I guess it'll really come down to how much the left has eaten its own and how many people have shifted right. And how well the economy is doing + the wall.

If not enough people have shifted right (really white people predominantly), the economy crashes or Trump doesn't manage to make good on a good chunk of his immigration promises, yeah Oprah can win. Let's hope Trump pulls through with the economy and immigration, and if not, let's hope I'm wrong about the left.

Oprah running for President? - Rush87 - 01-23-2018

You cant compare Trump of 16 to Trump of 2020. He'll be running from a significatly stronger platform. The 'All Oprah would have to do' hypotheticals are based on old data.

She'll get walloped. She's Hillary. If she runs, her name will be mud within' a month.

Oprah running for President? - Rush87 - 01-23-2018

Quote: (01-22-2018 10:53 PM)Genghis Khan Wrote:  

Not being Trump.

People on the left seem to really, really hate Trump.

At least in 2016, people assumed Trump wouldn't win. I wonder how many more people on the left would've come out in swing states to vote for Clinton.

Clinton mentioned how after the election scores of young women came up to her and apologized for not voting (I guess they all believed that Clinton had a 99% change of winning and didn't bother to show up).

What happens in 2020 when liberals are salivating at any chance to vote out Trump?

In their eyes, you can't do worse than Trump.

2020 might just be about whether Trump can stay in office, not whether his opponent (whoever it may be) can actually offer something.

People will cling onto any excuse they can to vote Trump out of office. Take a look at the flimsy arguments the left came up with against Trump in 2016, now imagine the bullshit they'll come up with for his opponent in 2020.

All this stuff about Oprah's past and connection with Weinstein...I just can't imagine the left giving a fuck. Did anyone on the left care about Bill Clinton rape behavior and how Hillary covered for him? Fuck no. So why would you imagine the left suddenly caring about Oprah and her dealings with Weinstein. Especially as a black woman, she or her supporters can just dog whistle 'muh racist patriarchy.

I guess it'll really come down to how much the left has eaten its own and how many people have shifted right. And how well the economy is doing + the wall.

If not enough people have shifted right (really white people predominantly), the economy crashes or Trump doesn't manage to make good on a good chunk of his immigration promises, yeah Oprah can win. Let's hope Trump pulls through with the economy and immigration, and if not, let's hope I'm wrong about the left.

The left are irrelevant. They don't have the numbers to win the election. It's the swing voters that matter.

Watch any approval poll and they trend republican. Liberals can be as motivated as they want, but it's that very 'hatred' you speak of which will lose them 2020 no matter who runs.

They are firing up hard left liberal at the expense of a far bigger demographic... The moderates.

People talk about these handful of women who stayed home for Hillary.... That's a microscopic number in comparison to the people who didn't vote Trump because he'll "End the world".

Most significantly however, people still think Trump won on celebrity when celebrity had 0 to do with it. He's been a politician for the better part of 40 years, with both parties begging for his political affiliation for almost as long.

Oprah running for President? - CynicalContrarian - 01-25-2018

Can't say I can see this getting much attention from American Fake News.
I wonder why...

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/InStyle/status/956520175771308032][/url]

Oprah running for President? - TravelerKai - 01-25-2018

Another one bites the dust! Pssssht!

Oprah running for President? - gringoed - 01-25-2018

Honestly I think she is smart for not wanting to run. She has waaaaaay more to lose than to gain by becoming President. She's already rich, famous, powerful, and lives according to her own code.

I think one could even make the case that she has more power and influence in her current role than the President does.

Oprah running for President? - CynicalContrarian - 01-25-2018

Or she can just wait until 2024 & have a much easier time of it.

Oprah running for President? - CynicalContrarian - 01-29-2018

Obviously she's out for now, yet level headed Milo is the best Milo :

Oprah running for President? - 911 - 01-29-2018

There is a wee bit of irony in Milo talking about Feldman exposing pedophilia when he himself condones it. Or in him deriding witchcraft, while he's actually bathed in a tub full of blood...