Roosh V Forum
Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Rap/Hip-Hop Thread (/thread-52045.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - QuietDog - 02-11-2016

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Goldin Boy - 02-14-2016

This one kinda old but any you guys heard "Black Parents: The Mixtape"?

Best tracks are 2 and 10:

[Image: CXMF54pWMAAx-xL.jpg:large]

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - YoungAngel1 - 02-14-2016

Looks like Kanye just dropped an album? Anyone got a chance to listen to it yet?

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - the chef - 02-14-2016

the life of pablo is very good. what you would expect from a kanye solo album quality wise.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - texas - 02-14-2016

Bad ass Gangstarr album...

Cipher

Anything off this Stone Crazy album...damn...

Delinquent Habits

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - WestIndianArchie - 02-15-2016

I like this new Kanye album.

There are some parts that I think he needed an editor
- too vulgar
- too personal
- too contemporary lyrically

A lot of that is Kanye, but he is at the point where he can just make timeless records. He just doesn't have someone capable of reigning him in.

WIA

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - the chef - 02-17-2016

i think the point of being too vulgar and personal were intentional. i see the album as a blend of all of the high notes of his discography. one of the main themes of yeezus was uncensored, raw, dirty realness. like a lot of things in life, it's more about how you say things than what you actually say. when he says shit like "i feel like me and taylor might still have sex cause i made that bitch famous" in the most ignorant way possible.... that was planned out.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - DjembaDjemba - 02-17-2016

The new Kanye album is pretty good. I'm just on the second hearing now.

The production is on point as always, but Kanye's lyrics leave a little to be desired. No more parties in LA paints this perfectly; the gulf between Kendrick's and Kanye's verse was staggering.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - GoldHawkStar - 02-17-2016

I can't stop watching this Gold Slugs music video by DJ Khaled.

I know I did a write-up on Khaled a couple months ago saying he's a beta poser and one of you heavily disagreed with me, saying he cleverly developed this overly-ambitious character to promote his stuff. I'd have to say I agree with that now. He's a hilarious guy. If you watch any of his interviews or Snapchats, it's obvious he's just dicking around to be intentionally quotable.

"She says she loves me for my gold sluuugs..." *awkward toothy smile*

I laugh every time. [Image: lol.gif]

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Jones - 02-17-2016

Freddie Gibbs, 2pac and Scarface influenced Mid-west rapper who's really under-appreciated in the mainstream.

R&B sounding track here, so a bit different sounding then what we're sharing, but this would be all over the radio 2000-2005 and it only came out a few days ago.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - DjembaDjemba - 02-21-2016

10th year anniversary of the greatest instrumental hip hop album released:

[Image: Jdilla_donuts_altLPcover.jpg]

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - QuietDog - 02-22-2016

Some more delicious donuts to go with the above, since a couple of my faves were missed

And continuing with the instrumental theme

Listen to the knxwledge one with headphones to do it justice, simply heavenly

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - QuietDog - 03-09-2016

More rap for the gym

Classic

ODB is just pure emotion, he's just making noises sometimes but I had to hold in a primal scream when this one came on my phone on the treadmill

Beat that makes you want to punch someone in the face

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - YoungBlade - 03-09-2016

Possibly too nerdy for this thread, but I thought it clever:

Good quote: "It seems that being progressive leads to being regressive beasts."

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - King of Monkeys - 03-11-2016

The flow of the lyrics in this song are top notch. I don't listen to much hip hop besides J-Dilla and Nujabes

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - GoldHawkStar - 03-11-2016

I haven't posted in this thread in almost a month, so I should throw in an update.

RIP Bankroll Fresh. Screen Door was the only track I ever heard from you, but I loved it.

I've been listening to the Breakfast Club every morning for the past week, ironically enough while eating breakfast. Good way to start the day. I'd recommend it if you want something of a morning routine. Charlamagne tha God is a savage.

You can listen live here 6am - 10am EST Mondays through Fridays. (I'm letting you know this because it took me forever to figure out how to watch live and what time zone they were in. [Image: lol.gif])

Anyone ever make playlists? I just bought these songs and made this playlist (since I had some gift card money from Christmas). It's gonna be my go-to for awhile. I'm really feelin it so far.

[Image: Full_Size_Render.jpg]

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - DjembaDjemba - 03-12-2016

Not a rap album outright, but still needs a honorary mention because it's such a solid outing. And it's subtle and not RnB cheesy, you can play it with a girl around without it coming off 'too urban'. Especially if hipster girls are your thing.

Black Messiah by D'Angelo:

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - BIG BOSS - 03-13-2016

Biggie was the greatest rapper of all time. 2pac and the others definitely should be paid their dues however. It's surreal to see how many soccer moms bought that new halfway-decent NWA movie.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - QuietDog - 03-15-2016

Only ever heard this Mr Fantastik dude on this and one other DOOM song but his flow is nasty

Can't go wrong with the Beasties and Q-Tip

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - GoldHawkStar - 03-20-2016

Like it or not, Young Thug is the new Lil Wayne. (As in, this generation's mainstream long-haired clown-voiced rapper.)

Never been into him, but I just started listening to his most recent project and I'm getting into it.

[Image: artworks-000145928937-w2g3ou-t500x500.jpg]

I also discovered over the weekend that SoundCloud is pretty cool. It's like Spotify except artists put their own shit on there, so mixtape music is usually on there among other miscellaneous singles you wouldn't see anywhere else. (For example, that's where Drake dropped 'Back to Back'.) Get the app if you don't already have it. Good way to catch up on artists you want to get into.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Chowder Head - 03-23-2016

DAMN! RIP Phife Dawg. Tribe was one of the greatest hip hop groups ever.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - GoldHawkStar - 03-28-2016

BeatKing - Club God 5

Just came out today.

[Image: 1459133897_7f19eeffbdd32064afbd59fb2b8b79a8.png]

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/beatking-clu...16336.html

[Image: tumblr_lpseheeBjH1qmxjp0o1_500.gif][Image: giphy.gif][Image: bender-on-fire-o.gif]

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - GoldHawkStar - 04-02-2016

What are the underrated mixtapes that never got proper respect yet you always have on rotation?

(I forgot there's a limit of 10 images per post so I had to compile it all into one screenshot - Sorry about the bad quality.)

[Image: Screenshot_41.png]

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - QuietDog - 04-06-2016

My morning alarm, those primal screams at the beginning give me such a jolt of energy. Great way to start the day[Image: banana.gif]

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - TheBlackNarwhal - 04-06-2016

Just saw Tech N9ne last night live, he killed it!