Roosh V Forum
The Kanye West thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: The Kanye West thread (/thread-29778.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

The Kanye West thread - MY DETROIT PLAYAS - 02-18-2016

Quote: (02-17-2016 01:22 PM)the chef Wrote:  

what you say about kanye west says a lot about you. it really comes down to: "are you dope or not"

[Image: lurch-head-shake-o.gif]

The Kanye West thread - WestIndianArchie - 02-18-2016

Real rap, huge Kanye fan.

Starting to wonder if there isn't a touch of mental illness.

WIA

The Kanye West thread - XXL - 02-18-2016

As a big fan of his music I must admit that his new album sounds exactly like he does.. desperately trying to be innovative, complex and alternative by saying some weird bullshit over unbearable music and while all of that was meant to be so deep and creative in reality it sounds like a huge mess.

Only his persona can pull off this album, the quality of the end result itself is horrible. If an unknown artist recorded it people would trash it. Critics tend to get blinded by his status writing positive reviews.

The Kanye West thread - ChickenLover9T9 - 02-18-2016

Quote: (02-18-2016 07:18 PM)XXL Wrote:  

As a big fan of his music I must admit that his new album sounds exactly like he does.. desperately trying to be innovative, complex and alternative by saying some weird bullshit over unbearable music and while all of that was meant to be so deep and creative in reality it sounds like a huge mess.

Only his persona can pull off this album, the quality of the end result itself is horrible. If an unknown artist recorded it people would trash it. Critics tend to get blinded by his status writing positive reviews.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

His first 3 albums were good. He had a unique sound in his beats and lyrics to be considered a good rapper and very good producer. Those 3 albums were Kanye at his peak, where he was as a performer not famous the world over as he is now. His first album simply had to be good, and coming from relative obscurity it had to appeal to the masses and the critics alike. The College Dropout rightly gained critical acclaim. It was a good album.

But even at his best on The College Dropout, you cannot compare it to albums like Ready To Die, Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt. I have quite a few classic albums I believe are better than Reasonable Doubt, but not everyone would agree with me, so those are just three examples of classics that most critics would agree on as being at the pinnacle. No album of Kanye West can ever touch these three albums. They are in totally different leagues. Kanye was nice in 2004 but that's about it. Dozens and dozens of rappers made better records than Kanye at his best, but what Kanye managed to do was get the fame which was then key to his further success. Other rappers such as Big L, Big Pun, Jeru The Damaja, and classic duos such as Gang Starr and M.O.P., reached certain levels of fame, but nowhere near the fame Kanye achieved. Whether someone "blows up" is a mixture of previous records that are popular in the mainstream, personality and LUCK. Never underestimate the power of luck.

The level of fame Kanye achieved has allowed him to be surrounded by "yes" men. With all the benefits involved in being part of Kanye's entourage, what member would be stupid enough to stand up and say "Kanye, this album is wack"? Charlamagne Tha God told Kanye straight up that Yeezus was trash, but he is a radio personality with a penchant for brutal honesty.

Can you imagine if Kanye's first album had been Yeezus? Or his latest trash? If he hadn't built a famous worldwide persona, critics and public alike would shun him and he would never have blown up as he has.

There is a huge element of delusion and mental illness involved in this. He claims to be pushing the boundaries of creativity and artistry with his new work, just as an accomplished writer might purposely "break rules" for the sake of dramatic effect, but the end result is just trash. If you take away all the fame, the drama, the hype, the insane but entertaining meltdowns, all you have is a mentally ill man making a downloadable shit sandwich and packaging it as the latest innovation in musical genius. You can dress up a shit sandwich all you want, but it is still a shit sandwich at the end of the day.

Being surrounded by his fucked up new family full of fame whores plus an olympian turned tranny can't help his mental state either. That family is toxic to men. Ruined careers, severe depression, diabetes, suicide attempts. Kanye in his own way would have been insane anyway, but it's definitely making him worse. Ray J did the right thing, he hit it when she was younger and hotter, cashed in on the tape then bounced.

I'm waiting for him to go full psychotic. It's a distinct possibility.

The Kanye West thread - azulsombra - 02-19-2016

This was the longest Kanye went without releasing an album and its obvious that he was burnt out creatively. The pressure got to him. Yeezus wasnt for everybody but at least it was focused.

The best tracks from the album came out before its release(Facts, No parties in LA, Wolves, Real Friends)so not much of it sounds fresh.

I think this is his Eminem moment, he put out some trash in the mid to late 2000s and then came back with a vengeance after a long hiatus. Ye needs to take a break too and follow up strong.

Speaking of which, a Ye + Eminem collabo would be classic. I'm surprised its never happened, they've both collaborated with the same artists over the years (Jay-z,Nas, Lil Wayne, Kendrick, Game, Big Sean, etc) but never got on a track together.

The Kanye West thread - Latinopan - 02-19-2016

[Image: XP5gkrN.jpg]

The Kanye West thread - cubanlinx - 02-19-2016

@Azulsombra, what about Forever? Drake, Em, Ye, and Wayne.

That said, ye doesn't want an Em collab now. Ye would get murdered by a senile Eminem, and that guy is still goddamn sharp. Just grabbed hold of a shitty flow now though.

The Kanye West thread - Roosh - 02-19-2016

My take:

-Kanye was elevated to mega stardom because he made a lot of money for the industry
-They arranged his "Illuminati" marriage with Kim K to create buzz that multiplies wealth creation for them and their industry projects
-Kanye bought his own hype and stopped moving sales
-He started making accusations of racism, which is intolerable to Hollywood/music industry
-An insider was instructed to record and release his SNL breakdown to make him look bad.
-Kim K will be told to divorce him because he's starting to cost her money.
-Kanye goes to Africa, gets labeled a "conspiracy theorist" after he starts sharing dirt on the industry.
-His kids will be sacrificed to the Hollywood cult after they "decide" at age 2 to become trannies.

The Kanye West thread - XXL - 02-19-2016

I can't stop listening to the song "Waves" though. Catchy beat, nice melodic chorus by C. Brown, cool reverbed bleeps "under" snares [should have used them alone without classic snares] and few simple Kanye lines works really well. Unfortunately I still have no idea what the song is actually about. Oh well.. turn it up!!

The Kanye West thread - MY DETROIT PLAYAS - 02-19-2016

Quote: (02-19-2016 11:16 AM)XXL Wrote:  

I can't stop listening to the song "Waves" though. Catchy beat, nice melodic chorus by C. Brown, cool reverbed bleeps "under" snares [should have used them alone without classic snares] and few simple Kanye lines works really well. Unfortunately I still have no idea what the song is actually about. Oh well.. turn it up!!

Quiet as kept C. Brown a bad mf dem hooks

The Kanye West thread - azulsombra - 02-19-2016

Quote: (02-19-2016 09:03 AM)cubanlinx Wrote:  

That said, ye doesn't want an Em collab now. Ye would get murdered by a senile Eminem, and that guy is still goddamn sharp. Just grabbed hold of a shitty flow now though.

Forever?

That shit doesn't count as a Ye and Em collabo. It was an old Drake track, that just got verses added on. Em and Ye were never in the studio together.

Em has tracks with BiG and Tupac too but they aren't real collabos.

The Kanye West thread - Huey - 02-19-2016

Just finished listening to Kanye's new album. I thought it was fire, and I say that as someone who's not even a Kanye fan.

The Kanye West thread - the chef - 02-19-2016

Quote: (02-19-2016 09:03 AM)cubanlinx Wrote:  

in terms of rapping yeah, but not musicianship. it's kinda how steve wasn't the best engineer or the best at writing code but was still considered a trailblazer. i doubt em could make something like 808s, mbdtf, or yeezus.

The Kanye West thread - XXL - 02-20-2016

Kanye would never collaborate with Em. His big ego would be destroyed by the end result. Kanye can mess with Jays, Waynes, Ross, Drakes, etc, he can keep up with them on lyrically and make songs based on nice catchy beats and a couple lines with simple rhyme patterns, like "This way" with Dilated Peoples or "Never let me down" with Jay.

Those are cool songs I still like to listen to them from time to time. Those are not "Renegade" caliber from lyrical standpoint though. Same as, "Dead wrong" or "Fast lane" or "Shit can happen" or "Patiently waiting" or "Lady" etc. Kanye would never ever feature such tracks with Em. He sounded good on "Forever" until Em added his verse and surprise surprise killed them all. It was funny.

The Kanye West thread - Sam Malone - 02-20-2016

[Image: zj3q9.jpg]

The Kanye West thread - Cr33pin - 02-21-2016

I don't need your pussy, bitch, I'm on my own dick
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

The Kanye West thread - Thrill Jackson - 02-21-2016

For me, I always valued how well a rappers music is with a combination of energy in his/her verses, how sharp and clean the beat is, and how clever they are. I feel like from what I heard from the video of his debut album party his album checks what all my boxes. This album is definitely on college dropouts level for me. Yeezus isnt as interpersonal as TLOP, so for me the two albums are hard to compare

Also, kanye already collabed with em on that forever track @XXL

Wtf? That shit didn't sound like a meltdown at all. The dude was just talking, he sounded a little angry but that's it. Emotion=meltdown? GTFO

The Kanye West thread - DjembaDjemba - 02-21-2016

Quote:Quote:

Kanye West’s never-ending reveal of Pablo is disrupting the music industry

[Image: rv-kanye19rv1.JPG]
More than 20 million people tried to tune in to Kanye West’s Madison Square Garden fashion show this month, where he debuted his new album The Life of Pablo. Most of them did not succeed. The overwhelming demand broke the stream.

Luckily for them, the album wasn’t finished anyway. West released a new song, the Arthur Russell-sampling 30 Hours, the next day, and added it to the album’s growing track list. Then Chance the Rapper made him work on another song. When West did finally release Pablo to the masses more than two days later, it was to be exclusive to Tidal, the high-definition streaming service that hosted the original livestream, for a week. Soon, he announced he would “fix” the song Wolves. Then, he decreed Pablo would never be for sale, accessible only on Tidal.

This is, as the critic Maura Johnston put it, “iterative album design.” It is perhaps the first truly 21st-century album, still hellbent on improving itself after release: Pablo is constantly disrupting and disputing itself. Cynics will argue that this is a sign of unpreparedness. But the never-ending reveal is really Kanye West, distilled.

With each past project, West subverted the day’s hip-hop narratives. His early work reimagined soul samples and brandished insecurity; 808s & Heartbreak laid groundwork for the emotion of Drake and the robotic remove of Atlanta rapper Future; Yeezus was a masterwork of cacaphony. Recounting this history, Rolling Stone editor Christopher Weingarten tweeted last month that he worried “there’s nothing left to rebel against.”

There is plenty, though. West claimed music’s throne years ago, then set his eyes on the fashion industry, an outsider clawing his way in; the Madison Square Garden show, with Anna Wintour in tow, was a sure sign of progress. Last week, he asked the world’s richest people to invest in him, his fashion, his music, his scripted projects, his dreams. He is, as he says, Steve Jobs mixed with Steve Austin. West wants to change processes and break institutions – and he’s starting with the music industry.

The iterative Pablo album, its constant name changes, its Tidal-exclusive release – these are the opposite of a safe, concrete Adele record. It’s bound to make the sales-hungry music industry uncomfortable. The collapse of Rdio last year left experts predicting that streaming music would contract, with listeners floating to bigger players with big investment (Spotify, Deezer) and brand recognition (Apple, Google). Making what will be one of the biggest albums of 2016 exclusive to Tidal – which West co-owns, but for the moment is a tertiary player – challenges the very course the industry is on.

This may mean a rockier future ahead for listeners, though. If artists start picking single services for exclusive releases, will users pay for all of them? But it does put more power in artists’ hands. One just has to look at institutions such as the Grammys, and its repeated snubs toward hip-hop artists such as West and Kendrick Lamar and Drake, to see that there is room for artist-led disruption.

West has subverted music before. Now he’s disrupting the industry behind it. Breaking the stream was just the start.

Source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/musi...e28814804/

The Kanye West thread - TravelerKai - 02-21-2016

Quote: (02-18-2016 01:06 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Real rap, huge Kanye fan.

Starting to wonder if there isn't a touch of mental illness.

WIA

Start with NPD.

The Kanye West thread - Jones - 02-21-2016

Quote: (02-19-2016 10:06 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

-Kanye goes to Africa, gets labeled a "conspiracy theorist" after he starts sharing dirt on the industry.

Love the multiple references to black celebrities, but this one evokes Dave Chapelle.

Dave met Kanye back around the time of College Dropout ('04). He's said on audio commentary, and recently on Jimmy Fallon, that Kanye always had this high opinion of himself and where he was going in life. He's always carried a narcissistic personality.

Most trouble Kanye gets into involves his relationships with women (mom, girlfriend, wife, randoms) - so make of that what you will given what we know of the opposite sex. A divorce from Kim looks likely given the two of their personalities/careers. The media can also not get enough of the circus that is their family life.

Also: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy may be his best album. His first 3 were all great, but MBDTF is his Ready To Die.

The Kanye West thread - the chef - 02-22-2016

Quote: (02-20-2016 05:29 AM)XXL Wrote:  

Kanye would never collaborate with Em. His big ego would be destroyed by the end result. Kanye can mess with Jays, Waynes, Ross, Drakes, etc, he can keep up with them on lyrically and make songs based on nice catchy beats and a couple lines with simple rhyme patterns, like "This way" with Dilated Peoples or "Never let me down" with Jay.

Those are cool songs I still like to listen to them from time to time. Those are not "Renegade" caliber from lyrical standpoint though. Same as, "Dead wrong" or "Fast lane" or "Shit can happen" or "Patiently waiting" or "Lady" etc. Kanye would never ever feature such tracks with Em. He sounded good on "Forever" until Em added his verse and surprise surprise killed them all. It was funny.

that's not the point. lyrics are just one piece of the puzzle. it's like radiohead tearing down all convention and making shit like Kid A. everything past graduation is beyond the scope of the traditional formulaic hip hop music where the equation for a good song is boom bap soul beat + lyrics.

when ye says shit like "steve jobs mixed with steve austin" let that settle in. the point is that he isn't the best lyrically, or even production wise. he's the first to mix sounds by fusing RZA, bon iver, chief keef, and daft punk into one genre and make it sound dope as fuck.

The Kanye West thread - Swell - 02-23-2016

How to get bury it deep.

Step 1. Invite Sweety over.

Step 2. Tell her this is the NEW Kanye album playing.

Step 3. Pour intoxicating beverage and serve.

Step 4. Unbutton her shirt to unveil her bosom.

Step 5. Unzip your fly...

[Image: banana.gif]

The Kanye West thread - CodyB - 02-23-2016

Quote: (02-22-2016 03:19 PM)the chef Wrote:  

Quote: (02-20-2016 05:29 AM)XXL Wrote:  

that's not the point. lyrics are just one piece of the puzzle. it's like radiohead tearing down all convention and making shit like Kid A. everything past graduation is beyond the scope of the traditional formulaic hip hop music where the equation for a good song is boom bap soul beat + lyrics.

when ye says shit like "steve jobs mixed with steve austin" let that settle in. the point is that he isn't the best lyrically, or even production wise. he's the first to mix sounds by fusing RZA, bon iver, chief keef, and daft punk into one genre and make it sound dope as fuck.

I get what you're saying.

He did his thing, he never compromised and even if the purists dispute it, he made music with an esthetic that appeals to a lot of people.

Actually, the new Steve Jobs movie offers some insights into that kind of personality.