Roosh V Forum
NFL thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: NFL thread (/thread-24141.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NFL thread - GameTheory - 11-05-2013

Quote: (11-05-2013 12:00 AM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

Quote: (11-04-2013 11:51 PM)MidWest Wrote:  

Wooo!!! Bears finally beat Green Bay at home!

Injured Aaron Rodgers at the same time as well! [Image: banana.gif]

Bears got this division!

Cheering for injuries?

Stay classy

*sigh* it's part of the game, i guess. hopefully it's not serious and that A-Rodge will be back !!!

NFL thread - Hotwheels - 11-05-2013

He knows with Rodgers playing the whole game, and not just the first series, da bears chances of winning were near zero.

Yeah, injuries happen. Cheering about it is classless.

Sounds like it isn't too serious, so the Pack should still roll over the Norse.

NFL thread - Mentavious - 11-05-2013

Quote: (11-04-2013 11:51 PM)MidWest Wrote:  

Wooo!!! Bears finally beat Green Bay at home!

Injured Aaron Rodgers at the same time as well! [Image: banana.gif]

Bears got this division!

Lions crushed a heathy Bears team at home.

Now we get to see an injury depleted Bears team on the road?

Easy win for the Leos.

NFL thread - rudebwoy - 11-05-2013

Weird season in the NFL, Rodgers injured, Kubiak has a stroke and this bullying case.

NFL thread - Belize King - 11-06-2013

Looks like John Martin is a shithead.

Not to get racial but I know a few white guys who grew up straight hood. Straight hood. They get a pass on what they say because they grew up in the same culture. Richy seems to get that pass. Nobody cares what words he used. Also, Miami players said they were best friends.

Strange shit.

NFL thread - Kingsley Davis - 11-06-2013

Quote: (11-06-2013 06:11 PM)TexasMade Wrote:  

Looks like John Martin is a shithead.

"Not to get racial but I know a few white guys who grew up straight hood. Straight hood. They get a pass on what they say because they grew up in the same culture. Richy seems to get that pass. Nobody cares what words he used. Also, Miami players said they were best friends.

Strange shit.

"ESPN analyst and former Dolphins wide receiver Cris Carter has know Mike Pouncey since the player’s childhood. Today Carter said on air he recently spoke to Mike Pouncey and the center, who is Incognito’s friend, addressed race.

“They don’t feel as if he’s a racist, they don’t feel as if he picked on Jonathan repeatedly and bullied him, but if they could do it all over again there would be situations that they might change but they’re very, very comfortable with Richie,” Carter said.

“They think it’s sad, not only that Jonathan’s not on the football team, but also that Richie is being depicted as a bigot and as a racist.”

How is this possible?

Well, I’ve spoken to multiple people today about this and the explanation from all of them is that in the Dolphins locker room, Richie Incognito was considered a black guy. He was accepted by the black players. He was an honorary black man.

And Jonathan Martin, who is bi-racial, was not. Indeed, Martin was considered less black than Incognito.

“Richie is honarary,” one player who left the Dolphins this offseason told me today. “I don’t expect you to understand because you’re not black. But being a black guy, being a brother is more than just about skin color. It’s about how you carry yourself. How you play. Where you come from. What you’ve experienced. A lot of things.”

Another former Dolphins employee told me Martin is considered “soft” by his teammates and that’s a reason he’s not readily accepted by some of the players, particularly the black players. His background — Stanford educated and the son of highly educated people — was not necessarily seen as a strength or a positive by some players and it perpetuated in the way Martin carried himself.

And so — agree with it or not, comprehend it or not — this is a reason the Dolphins haven’t turned on Incognito as a racist."

http://glpiggy.net/2013/11/06/the-racial...ing-story/

NFL thread - rudebwoy - 11-07-2013

Dolphins are crap and now we can see why.

There is no such thing as a honarary black guy, so no he doesn't get a pass.

The other black players don't like Martin because he is better than them, meaning he comes from a "better" family and has a "better" education (Stanford). The Dolphin players are going to rally behind Incognito because he is the veteran and Martin left the team. After all this is a team sport.

NFL is a corporation, a business that makes lots of money. Black players have to tow the line or they get ousted like Chad and T.O. Funny how nothing happened to Riley Cooper when he made similar racist remarks.

NFL thread - MidWest - 11-07-2013

^^^@Rudeboy: There is a reason for why Riley Cooper is still playing. Its because of racial politics. I've noticed whites get a slap on the wrist when it comes to these things. Examples are Riley Cooper, Ben Roethlisberger, probably Incognito. But when a black athlete does something its very very outrageous (Michael Vick goes to jail). Ben Rothisberger rapes someone and gets a slap on the wrist and gets a pass by the media, really? At last the NFL got together and suspended Incognito,what he did was really uncalled for.

If I were some of the black players I wouldn't rally around Incognito at all. The fact that he used the "N" word on another black player is justification for some of the blacks to say that hes racist. I don't know about you guys, but if someone directed racial slurs to my group of people or me, there's no way in hell I would forgive that person, much less talk to him.

NFL thread - rudebwoy - 11-07-2013

MidWest - that is my point exactly, the black players can't rally together. Vick came out in defense of Cooper because he is trying to save his already tarnished image. One black player spoke out against the Travyon thing, he had to remove his comments of twitter because his team told him too. Racial politics is right.

Roethlisberger was accused of rape twice, notice how quickly he got "married" after the second accusation.

NFL thread - MidniteSpecial - 11-07-2013

Read this for the real story about Incignito and Martin: http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/07/richie-inc...on-murtha/

Martin is just weird.

And there is such a thing as 'honorary black man' because I am one of them.

NFL thread - J.J. - 11-08-2013

So Incognito is a POS scumbag, shocking. I'm surprised all the people who are defending that jerk considering his rap sheet.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/994401...no-charges

NFL thread - 2Wycked - 11-10-2013

Quote: (11-07-2013 12:41 PM)MidWest Wrote:  

^^^@Rudeboy: There is a reason for why Riley Cooper is still playing. Its because of racial politics. I've noticed whites get a slap on the wrist when it comes to these things. Examples are Riley Cooper, Ben Roethlisberger, probably Incognito. But when a black athlete does something its very very outrageous (Michael Vick goes to jail). Ben Rothisberger rapes someone and gets a slap on the wrist and gets a pass by the media, really? At last the NFL got together and suspended Incognito,what he did was really uncalled for.

If I were some of the black players I wouldn't rally around Incognito at all. The fact that he used the "N" word on another black player is justification for some of the blacks to say that hes racist. I don't know about you guys, but if someone directed racial slurs to my group of people or me, there's no way in hell I would forgive that person, much less talk to him.

Completely disagree. Whites get a slap on the wrist for racist remarks? So completely false I don't even know how you think that. Paula Deen got railroaded for alleged comments decades ago about race. She damn sure got a slap on the wrist. As for crimes in general, you really aren't on point. For very serious or media-approved stories (Vick) I would agree, but to claim that whites get off easy for crimes while blacks get downed I disagree.

You want to know why Riley got off? Men are clearly the targeted demographic of ESPN - we, as a class, are more skeptical of the media and less likely to be moved by emotional appeals - accusations of racism. If he was a TV personality or something, he would have been fucked up the ass. Further, I would be very interested in what punishment you think should have been visited on Riley. He got much hate in the media and his fellow players were not supportive at all of his comments. The problem, for you, is that you don't understand that Riley did work through a lot as a result of his words, but what matters to you is the settling up of moral accounts between you and Riley, not Riley and his teammates, friends & family and himself.

Big Ben was never charged with rape or anything so to say he raped a woman with no conviction or highly significant evidence is suspect on this board. That is a blue-pill comment. He most certainly wasn't simply slapped on the wrist. He quietly got married about a year later. His reputation was already suspect due to his reckless younger behavior (recall the motorcycle helmet incident) and he caught an incredible amount of negative heat. Let's put you in his shoes and let's see if you still call it a "slap on the wrist."

Who cares if you are one of the black players on the Fins? This situation does not affect you at all. For all of us the issue is what exactly happened and the intentions of the parties involved. Further, you say that you would never forgive a person who used racial slurs. No qualifications at all? Sounds like you aren't interested in making the world a better place, just one in which you get to judge people as you see fit.

As far as black athletes like Vick are concerned, you are right but what clouds your analysis is you approach race in the NFL as the sole issue presented. Vick did get railroaded, but it was only in part because of race. His fame and wealth played a great role as Americans love to see 1%'s crash and burn. White commenters got to pile on because he was black, but that is more a function of a self-absorbed society that has trouble criticizing people who look like them (narcissism). Yes, his race allowed men like Tucker Carlson target him easily, but he was also at the intersection of social justice types (animal rights) looking to rip down symbols of masculinity.

NFL thread - Hotwheels - 11-10-2013

Speaking of Vick...

NFL thread - rudebwoy - 11-10-2013

2Wycked - Dude you can't be serious!

In another news, Tavon Austin finally broke loose.

NFL thread - philly22 - 11-10-2013

Incognito didn't get a pass- he lost his job.

Also, Michael Vick committed a crime- thats why he got suspended. Saying n*gga while rude isn't against the law.

NFL thread - G.o.a.t - 11-10-2013

Lions are in first place in the Nfc North Carolina is looking good too

Quote: (11-10-2013 08:25 PM)philly22 Wrote:  

Also, Michael Vick committed a crime- thats why he got suspended. Saying n*gga while rude isn't against the law.

Incognito got suspended, he didn't lose his job.

Vick was not suspended, he went to jail for killing dogs.

Rotheslisberger was accused of rape twice. Please don't tell me he is innocent.

NFL thread - Mentavious - 11-10-2013

Let's not derail this thread.

Big win for the LIONS.

Where are all the Bear's fans now? Why so quiet.

That goes for the Packers too. By the time Thanksgiving comes my Lions will have at least a two game lead.

Restore the roar!

NFL thread - J.J. - 11-10-2013

Quote: (11-10-2013 09:31 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

He was

http://voices.yahoo.com/michael-vick-sus...tml?cat=14

Quote: (11-10-2013 10:34 PM)J.J. Wrote:  

He was

http://voices.yahoo.com/michael-vick-sus...tml?cat=14

I meant his punishment was worst.

Michael Vick was just released from federal custody on July 20th after serving 18 months in prison for his role in running a dog-fighting ring for which he seemed to have almost complete control

NFL thread - Hotwheels - 11-10-2013

Quote: (11-10-2013 10:33 PM)CThunder86 Wrote:  

Big win for the LIONS.

That goes for the Packers too. By the time Thanksgiving comes my Lions will have at least a two game lead.

Restore the roar!
[Image: tumblr_mchbi1jLKj1qh33rco1_500.jpg]

NFL thread - philly22 - 11-10-2013

Quote: (11-10-2013 08:25 PM)philly22 Wrote:  

Incognito got suspended, he didn't lose his job.

Rotheslisberger was accused of rape twice. Please don't tell me he is innocent.

Huh? Vick was definitely suspended.

And I agree that Roethlisberger raped those girls or at least sexually assaulted them.

I don't think the dolphins will bring incognito(or martin) back but we'll see

NFL thread - NYJ - 11-10-2013

Could we get America's Mediocre at Best Team off primetime every other week?

NFL thread - MidWest - 11-11-2013

Quote: (11-10-2013 03:01 AM)2Wycked Wrote:  

Quote: (11-07-2013 12:41 PM)MidWest Wrote:  

Completely disagree. Whites get a slap on the wrist for racist remarks? So completely false I don't even know how you think that. Paula Deen got railroaded for alleged comments decades ago about race. She damn sure got a slap on the wrist. As for crimes in general, you really aren't on point. For very serious or media-approved stories (Vick) I would agree, but to claim that whites get off easy for crimes while blacks get downed I disagree.

You want to know why Riley got off? Men are clearly the targeted demographic of ESPN - we, as a class, are more skeptical of the media and less likely to be moved by emotional appeals - accusations of racism. If he was a TV personality or something, he would have been fucked up the ass. Further, I would be very interested in what punishment you think should have been visited on Riley. He got much hate in the media and his fellow players were not supportive at all of his comments. The problem, for you, is that you don't understand that Riley did work through a lot as a result of his words, but what matters to you is the settling up of moral accounts between you and Riley, not Riley and his teammates, friends & family and himself.

Big Ben was never charged with rape or anything so to say he raped a woman with no conviction or highly significant evidence is suspect on this board. That is a blue-pill comment. He most certainly wasn't simply slapped on the wrist. He quietly got married about a year later. His reputation was already suspect due to his reckless younger behavior (recall the motorcycle helmet incident) and he caught an incredible amount of negative heat. Let's put you in his shoes and let's see if you still call it a "slap on the wrist."

Who cares if you are one of the black players on the Fins? This situation does not affect you at all. For all of us the issue is what exactly happened and the intentions of the parties involved. Further, you say that you would never forgive a person who used racial slurs. No qualifications at all? Sounds like you aren't interested in making the world a better place, just one in which you get to judge people as you see fit.

As far as black athletes like Vick are concerned, you are right but what clouds your analysis is you approach race in the NFL as the sole issue presented. Vick did get railroaded, but it was only in part because of race. His fame and wealth played a great role as Americans love to see 1%'s crash and burn. White commenters got to pile on because he was black, but that is more a function of a self-absorbed society that has trouble criticizing people who look like them (narcissism). Yes, his race allowed men like Tucker Carlson target him easily, but he was also at the intersection of social justice types (animal rights) looking to rip down symbols of masculinity.

I agree with some points and I respect your opinion, I really do, but we have a disagreement when it comes to racial politics. In my opinion Riley Cooper should have gotten suspended a few games which he didn't, and a small fine is a slap on the wrist in my book. I also did not like the fact that no major black artist called Riley Cooper out in the media. No one. No major black celebrity called out Paula Deen as well. I've never heard of any black entertainer on television who has said "You know what? What Riley Cooper did was fucked up." The people who have come out and said something about it (Stephen A. Smith, Deon Sanders) were really defending Cooper and blaming the black community for saying the "N" word and blaming Rap. It just cringes me when you see these guys talking about how they forgive Cooper and all. I honestly believe there are some strong forces out there who are telling these people in the media what to say. All Im saying is that there should be more accountability when it comes to racial slurs in professional sports.

When it comes to Big Ben, sure he wasn't charged, but it was a case of racial bias on the media's part and on the NFL's part in my opinion. Roger Goodell didn't even meet with Big Ben at all in spite of the accusations of sexual assault, but was the first one to sit with Vick because Goodell believed that the accusations made against Vick denigrated the image of the NFL which was a clear double standard on Goodell's part. I hate to get all racial but we have to see it for what it is sometimes. When it comes to racial politics minorities have very little power in America, (The Trayvon Martin case is an example). Whites as a whole pretty much run everything still, always have, always will, its just the way it is.

NFL thread - MidWest - 11-11-2013

Quote: (11-10-2013 10:33 PM)CThunder86 Wrote:  

Big win for the LIONS.

Restore the roar!

Congrats on the win. I wont take anything away from the Lions, and they deserved the win, but I believed my Bears beat themselves in this one. This is a game the Bears should have won. Period. There is no reason to settle for field goals in the redzone twice and the pick Cutler through in the endzone was just bad. Also the decision to go for 4th and 1 at the Lions 30 was just an awful decision that potentially costs us 3 points. Many missed opportunities as well. A very frustrating loss especially to the Lions, which is a team I hate with a passion by the way. I just cannot believe the Bears lost 2 to the lions. I just cant. But good win for the Lions.