Roosh V Forum
Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? (/thread-20601.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - GameTheory - 06-21-2013

Quote: (06-21-2013 10:41 AM)56merc Wrote:  

In the States I'm going with Newburgh NY. [...]

OMFG
http://nymag.com/news/crimelaw/newburgh-2011-10/

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - anamericaninbangkok - 06-21-2013

Quote: (02-11-2013 12:37 PM)MorphineBliss Wrote:  

Georgetown, Guyana.

Edit: neck and neck with Bunia, in the DRC.

I've been to Georgetown. Most of the city is quite nice, however, there are parts of it that are a cesspool. I would also say that parts of Lao, Myanmar, and the PI are equally as bad.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Pola - 07-19-2013

It must be definitely Cracow, Poland.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - T-Mac - 07-25-2013

It is hands down Uyuni, Bolivia (so far). I had to stay in this god awful place for one night at the end of the salt flat tour due to altitude sickness. It is the ugliest place I have ever seen. It gets freezing cold at night and many of the hotels don't care...no heat. I was so ill I couldn't look much. I just picked a place and froze over night. The only fun thing about the city (and i am really reaching) is the bell tower in the middle of the city. It will chime 2AM at 2:23AM and then 4AM at 3:47AM. It was all over the map. It put a smile on my face for a split second or two. Not long enough to make me forget about my 5 day headache. I started in Tupiza, Bolivia which was actually not that bad. It warms up during the day...my place had a pool...nice vibe. My conclusion was that the people of Uyuni got together to figure out what steps could be taken to make their city look and feel even more depressing. They did an amazing job.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - GameTheory - 07-26-2013

[edit]

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - emuelle1 - 07-26-2013

The biggest shithole I've been to is Bali. The second biggest shithole I've been to is New Jersey.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - mr_lucky - 09-18-2013

New Jersey or Heraklion, Greece

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Merenguero - 09-18-2013

Quote: (09-18-2013 05:03 PM)mr_lucky Wrote:  

Which part of New Jersey didn't work so well for you?

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - mr_lucky - 09-18-2013

Quote: (09-18-2013 05:54 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Elizabeth and Newark

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - la_mode - 09-18-2013

Gary IN

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - travolta - 09-18-2013

I'm going to have to say OSLO, Norway. It's decent, but it's expensive as fuck, and I've never seen so many homeless people in one place. Tons of homeless people, drug dealers, and African prostitutes hassling you. Girls are pretty, but they're not worth leaving your country for.. Based on all of these factors, it's easily the most disappointing city I've ever been to. Don't waste your time.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Merenguero - 09-18-2013

Quote: (09-18-2013 06:10 PM)mr_lucky Wrote:  

Quote: (09-18-2013 05:54 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Elizabeth and Newark
I'm with you then, although the Ironbound is Newark's saving grace.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Vaun - 09-18-2013

Cleveland, OH is a massive rusting shithole. You say, 'of course.' I remember when it was actually a pretty thriving city riding the auto & steel manufacturing. Was it dirty, sure but it had some pretty good sports teams and culture, it was one of the largest cities in the US, all the dads drove Caddies. That all ended in the 90's, and after the housing bust, there is no more big auto or steel, jobs have literally disappeared. Now its one of the fastest shrinking cities in the US. A lot has been said about Detroit, but Cleveland is worse, serial killers, Ariel Castro, an emptiness in the city I have never seen. Vast empty lots of vacant homes and demolished buildings. The hood is bad as it ever was, but the white trash is just raging with meth and oxy, heroin, etc. Sad to see it die. And then the Browns.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - GameTheory - 09-19-2013

^^^the Browns just traded their best player

[Image: OMG.gif]

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Brodiaga - 09-19-2013

Quote: (07-26-2013 04:07 PM)emuelle1 Wrote:  

The biggest shithole I've been to is Bali. The second biggest shithole I've been to is New Jersey.

What part of Bali didn't work out for you? I'm going there in a couple of months)

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - thirty-six - 09-21-2013

Cairo, Egypt. Post revolution.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Steve Derekson - 12-01-2013

Laayoune in Western Sahara was very run down when I visited.

Also, 2nd tier Transnistria was terrible in terms of infrastructure.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - YaManBT - 12-01-2013

I'm going to put another vote in for Newark, NJ.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Aliblahba - 12-01-2013

Quote: (02-13-2013 12:11 AM)BIGINJAPAN Wrote:  

One time I got lost driving around new orleans(pre katrina) and I thought I was in a different country.

New Orleans has always been a shithole. Katrina just moved the garbage around. Not a place I recommend anyone visit, and is an eyesore on American soil.

For foreign visitors, I can name 20 cities you'll get a far better experience, especially if looking for an "authentic" American experience.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - TheChi - 12-01-2013

Would have to be either Gary, IN or Camden, NJ.

Google them, they epitomize shithole.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Pyre - 12-01-2013

Quote: (12-01-2013 10:55 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Quote: (02-13-2013 12:11 AM)BIGINJAPAN Wrote:  

One time I got lost driving around new orleans(pre katrina) and I thought I was in a different country.

New Orleans has always been a shithole. Katrina just moved the garbage around. Not a place I recommend anyone visit, and is an eyesore on American soil.

For foreign visitors, I can name 20 cities you'll get a far better experience, especially if looking for an "authentic" American experience.

I love NOLA. It's shitiness and dirtiness is its charm.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Aliblahba - 12-01-2013

Bourbon Street is a massive tourist trap that reeks of piss and trash. Food sucks and is over priced. That is unfortunately where most visitors end up. The locals don't go there.

Pulling local girls in a tourist town is difficult, so you target chicks visiting, which puts you right back on Bourbin Street. I advise against it. Far better paces on the Gulf Coast. NOLA is overrated and attracts simps and douchebags.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Pyre - 12-01-2013

Quote: (12-01-2013 12:33 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Bourbon Street is a massive tourist trap that reeks of piss and trash. Food sucks and is over priced. That is unfortunately where most visitors end up. The locals don't go there.

Pulling local girls in a tourist town is difficult, so you target chicks visiting, which puts you right back on Bourbin Street. I advise against it. Far better paces on the Gulf Coast. NOLA is overrated and attracts simps and douchebags.

I know! Bourbon St is touristy smelly and grimy and dirty! That's what makes it awesome.

The rave scene can be decent - Ampersands & Republic. Attracts sluts and foreign girls.

Frenchmen St is filled with bums, local girls, and hipsters, but it too is awesome!

I know many people who go there and have one night stands. In fact atz350guy picked up some fine ass Desi chick there: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-12182.html

I would go there every weekend if I could but all that partying would most certainly be the end of me.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Parlay44 - 12-01-2013

I just saw Slayer in Camden, NJ. SHITHOLE.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - rottenapple - 12-01-2013

Hands down Goma in DR Congo, the 1 million people city was destroyed by lava some 10 years ago which makes every building black and with half of it remaining. The people are superpoor, it has the highest rate of rape in the world, is a constant warzone for rebel troops and countries exploiting it, ... Some experience visiting there!