Roosh V Forum
Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Rap/Hip-Hop Thread (/thread-52045.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Goldin Boy - 01-09-2016

Quote:Quote:

What's everyone's opinion on DJ Mustard? I used to think he was bland and boring due to over-consistency and too much simplicity in his beats, but starting in 2015 I started to like them. He makes simple party beats. You can't listen to it desiring deep meaning and a complicated beat.

Any guy who has been to a party where Mustard was playing and says he hates Mustard beats is a homosexual. Mustard beats are like direct audible messages to thots to twerk and shake their titties.

This x10000. Haha, when that you hear that "Mustard on the beat hoe", it makes it easier to spot the thots. I can't hate on Mustard...he making easier for us to ID the thots!

"DJ Mustard beats" are the general bay area beats. Everyone from that area makes the exact same beats with the Tr-808 claps or snap, "hey" chants, and square wave bass line though. I'm not hating on dude but he just the first guy to blow using their regional sound.

Here a few songs that you would think he made but were done by totally different producers.

If anyone makes beats you can make a Mustard-style beat using the FL Studio riff machine in 5 minutes, real talk.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Goldin Boy - 01-09-2016

dupe.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Brian Shima - 01-09-2016

RIP Lord Infamous

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Anabasis to Desta - 01-09-2016

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - azulsombra - 01-09-2016

Quote: (01-09-2016 04:44 PM)the chef Wrote:  

shit i really forgot how genius yeezus was. nigga really got on a track and shouted: "hurry up with my damn croissants!" that shit is so dope. punk rock attitude meets hip hop shit. fresh and innovative.

most people who hate kanye don't "get it"

Yeezus was so different it took people a little time to settle in with it. My first two or three listens I wasn't really impressed but now most of the tracks have really grown on me.

Speaking of 'Ye, its only been one week into the new year and hes already dropped two new tracks, I'm feeling both of them. He's been sitting on music for sometime and I suspect he's gonna sneak drop the album out of nowhere in February like Drake did last year. I expect big things.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - GoldHawkStar - 01-09-2016

Quote: (01-09-2016 06:38 PM)Goldin Boy Wrote:  

If anyone makes beats you can make a Mustard-style beat using the FL Studio riff machine in 5 minutes, real talk.

The fact that Mustard went big making these beats..... He has to be the laziest millionaire rapper/producer out there.

Manager: "Hey the deadline for that new Jeremih x Trey Songz single is in 5 minutes, I assume it's already sent?"
Mustard: "Oh shit!" *drops bag of chips and runs into the studio*
+$500,000

And this is relevant:

[Image: 201410_1221_egibf_sm.jpg]

[Image: lol.gif] Nothing but respect though. If you can go big doing as little as possible, that's pretty cool.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - the chef - 01-10-2016

vibe to this

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - coverdoc - 01-10-2016

I hope that no more parties in LA with Kanye and Kendrick isn't just a snippet, but an actual song. It sounded like K.Dot was about to drop some heat.

-CD

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Vienna - 01-14-2016

Been listening to some Lupe Fiasco lately. Some standouts below:

He's got some serious flow to his 'cellar door' kind of lyrics.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - GoldHawkStar - 01-15-2016

This came out almost two years ago and I'm just now getting into it. This always happens, man.

[Image: 2_Chainz_Freebase-front-large.jpg]

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - GoldHawkStar - 01-17-2016

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: Future-Purple-Reign-Cover-Art.jpg]

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - coverdoc - 01-18-2016

-CD

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - GoldHawkStar - 01-18-2016

^^^Heard it. Excited for Ransom 2 coming sometime this month.

You guys get Ransom, which released in December 2014?

It was one of those mixtapes I was mega hyped for, thought was a letdown, and then just a month or two ago I get into it. That always happens with me.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Huey - 01-18-2016

[Image: tumblr_n5xu4qZljZ1skh0gdo1_400.gif]

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - coverdoc - 01-18-2016

Just listened to those three songs from Ransom, not really feeling them. Fuck you expected is the only one I'd even contemplate a relisten to. I ran through Purple Reign, it's mediocre. I'm going to get it a few more re-listens before deleting it.

-CD

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - GoldHawkStar - 01-18-2016

^^^Don't blame you on Ransom. I thought it was mediocre at first too, as did most fans. It took time for it to grow on me. Now I love it.

Purple Reign is pretty good. Very similar to 56 Nights. I'm not super into it right now, but I think it'll grow on me.

That's just how I am with literally every mixtape/album. Of the ones that I love, I never was into it at first.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - the chef - 01-18-2016

super dope

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - QuietDog - 01-20-2016

Gym Music

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - the chef - 01-20-2016

i bump shit like this in the lab and all of my academic (lame) peers can't comprehend

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - brick tamland - 01-22-2016

[Image: attachment.jpg29434]   

Kendrick Lamar - "To pimp a butterfly".

I won't try to write a review or even offer my opinions.
It's ranked best album of 2015 by countless publications and holds a rating of 96/100 on Metacritic.

Do one thing - just listen to the whole album in one sitting.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - azulsombra - 01-23-2016

New heat from kanye and Kendrick.

Edit: this is the wrong link. The real ones got taken down.
Anyone heard the track though? No More Parties In LA

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - SydneyD - 01-23-2016

The Incredible True Story was my favourite album in 2015 #TITS [Image: biggrin.gif]

looking forward to Drogas this year. Lupe is a true artist.

....and when the hell is Ab-Soul going to drop an album?

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - GoldHawkStar - 01-28-2016

Surprise 6-track 2 Chainz mixtape goes hard.

[Image: 1453929924_8b6f5cd976448927cf5bd7ebc7133112.jpg]

Ransom 2 comes out tomorrow.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - GoldHawkStar - 02-06-2016

[Image: 1235.gif]

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Jones - 02-06-2016

Over 2 years old, but I think you'll like this:

Also, QuietDog I hear you on Run The Jewels: