Roosh V Forum
The Cricket Thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: The Cricket Thread (/thread-43660.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

The Cricket Thread - Genghis Khan - 02-28-2015

Quote: (02-28-2015 03:51 AM)Slim Shady Wrote:  

Clinical by India. India has been winning games with disciplined fast bowling laying the pressure and platform out for a spin trap. You wouldn't think a spni trap could be set up in Australia, but they've got what other teams are lacking.

That's one of the reasons I like the NZ side with Vettori. Brings variety.

Would love to see Rohit and Shikhar playing freely and try to knock these runs down. They shouldn't even care if they get out trying to score.

I get a feeling that's how NZ got in their tight spot.

The Cricket Thread - big poppa - 02-28-2015

Quote: (02-28-2015 03:30 AM)Horus Wrote:  

Highlights here. Fuck you if you if you think baseball is a superior game.[Image: badger.gif]

As far as I can tell, all you need to do is swing your bat as hard as you can and hope it connects, then sprint to the next base. I don't know much about the game but I fail to see where any sort of tactical thinking is needed.

I can't imagine the coaches pre-game speech... "Ok guys, hit that ball really hard and then run really fast! We can do this!"

The Cricket Thread - Lucario - 02-28-2015

Quote: (02-28-2015 03:51 AM)Slim Shady Wrote:  

Clinical by India. India has been winning games with disciplined fast bowling laying the pressure and platform out for a spin trap. You wouldn't think a spni trap could be set up in Australia, but they've got what other teams are lacking.

That's one of the reasons I like the NZ side with Vettori. Brings variety.

Would love to see Rohit and Shikhar playing freely and try to knock these runs down. They shouldn't even care if they get out trying to score.

Lets not get our hopes up, this is the UAE.

India need to set up the spin earth trap against to NZ or Aus on a fast non-turning pitch to win the world cup.

Doing this to UAE, a team that struggles with bounce due to their slow conditions is not proof that India can win again big teams when conditions do not suit them.

I would love to see Ind win the world cup in Australia after losing so bad.

The match would have been very different if it was SA vs IND in perth rather than a slow pitch in Melb.

The Cricket Thread - Slim Shady - 02-28-2015

Now Melbourne is a slow pitch? Haha. I love India fans [like my dad] so jaded by the struggles in the 90's under match-fixers like Azaruddin and Ajay Jadeja that we have no belief in the national team.

India set up a spin trap against Pak, and against SA in what could best be described as home conditions for the Saffers -a green Melbourne pitch.

The initial swing bowling by the pacers, especially Umesh was incredible. He was swinging the ball out from off at 145ks consistently. Ofcourse the thing is to hold your nerve and continue to do that when a greater batsman is hitting some of those balls for 4.

Anyways, if the MCG is now a slow pitch, good thing the final is being played there eh?

The Cricket Thread - nek - 02-28-2015

Been watching this, and as an American I can say it's quite fascinating. Rules aren't too complicated although there are a few things I still have left to figure out. What I like most about it is what one commenter said (can't see who right now) about how winning can't simply be a flash of brilliance, it has to be a consistent good effort throughout the game. It's also neat how big of an impact where you play can have on the game. The best thing though, as a new and casual observer, is the destruction of the wicket when a batter is bowled out. That has to be one of the most satisfying feelings in all of sports, up there with knocking someone out. Looking forward to seeing how everything plays out.

The Cricket Thread - zigZag - 02-28-2015

This is such a weird world cup so far. It seems when teams play badly they REALLY play badly

The Cricket Thread - nek - 02-28-2015

Who's the favorite to win?

The Cricket Thread - Horus - 02-28-2015

Quote: (02-28-2015 04:37 PM)nek Wrote:  

Who's the favorite to win?

India, New Zealand, South Africa, Australia, Sri Lanka.

The Cricket Thread - Slim Shady - 02-28-2015

I'd leave SL out of that.

The Cricket Thread - nek - 03-01-2015

Quote: (02-28-2015 06:42 PM)Slim Shady Wrote:  

I'd leave SL out of that.

Why not SL?

The Cricket Thread - zigZag - 03-01-2015

SL Looked good last night but it was just england. I think nek the problem is SL has aging players and I would not say their bowling attack is good apart from malinga.

The Cricket Thread - Slim Shady - 03-02-2015

When they fire, the SL batting line-up can still match any other with the likes of Sangakarra, Jayawardhane, Dilshan, and the young Thiramanne. + Matthews giving runs down the order

But the problem is that it is too dependent on a few guys, especially Sanga and Mahela. Dilshan is not the Dilshan of old.

Malinga is obviously not the same since his surgery. He has gained a bit of chub and is not as deadly. Maybe he will be better as the tournament progresses. Herath is their best bowler especially because a lot of these "top" teams can't play spin, even in Australia, and hopefully he is good to go for the next match despite that hit he took to his finger in the last one.

If SL want to win, especially against Australia [that's their next match I think] they have to chase. Their bowlers can not defend I think against that lineup. They will also win the chase by controlling the middle overs and winning the game with classy orthodox cricket, not by slogs or furious starts. the Aus-SL game will be interesting to see.

England have all sorts of problems, and I am not at all sad about that. I do not like the England team for the most part. Morgan should not be coming in to bat so early. You know who could control the middle overs AND also explode at the end? KP. Too bad about that.

Despite my hate for their team, Anderson, Broad, and Finn ARE good bowlers. I still think Finn could be [maybe could have been?] a great bowler. The problem is who else are they going to go to? If I were their management I would change it up a bit and take a gamble, and include James Treadwell in their next match. Keep Moeen Ali if you like him so much, and set up a spin trap with both of them in the middle overs. Remove Broad for 1 game. But I will be surprised if they do this and this is why they won't be winning the World Cup anytime soon.

The Cricket Thread - Genghis Khan - 03-03-2015

My god, SA with 411. Maybe I'm getting old, but it still blows my mind when teams post 400+ runs. There used to be a time when 300+ was impressive (effectively assume you've won).

The Cricket Thread - Vice - 03-03-2015

South Africa ruining the game. I hope they choke again. Would absolutely hate it if they won the WC.

The Cricket Thread - Slim Shady - 03-06-2015

How good has the Indian bowling been?!

Great stuff.

The Cricket Thread - Lucario - 03-06-2015

They should not have struggled against WI though..even had them have a batting collapse.

If anything WI could have wont his if their top 4 fired.

India need a way to deal with the bouncy perth pitch since there is a knockout stage match being played there.

If this was again Aus/NZ aus would have posted up 250+ and India would have been bowled out for 120 or less.

Raina seems like the weakest link in the team. His best attribute is his fielding. He cannot deal with bounce/short pitched stuff well enough and got lucky a few times.

Best to replace him With Stuart Binny who can deal with both bounce and swing and can bowl some over in between and put Raina as 12th man for fielding purposes.

WI did bowl well, but they don't have a Starc/Boult/Southee and their pace attack and there weren't enough of the traditional threatening fuller swinging deliveries that get you wicket it was mostly short pitch stuff and length deliveries. Only Taylor bowled the nagging length consistently, but would not be threatening threatening like starc/southee.

The Cricket Thread - UnW - 03-06-2015

This world cup really has become a batting-dominated tournament, I mean, 400 is getting broken multiple times and maybe 400 won't feel like that much of a daunting total to chase down in the future.

The Cricket Thread - Genghis Khan - 03-08-2015

Quote: (03-06-2015 10:55 AM)Lucario Wrote:  

They should not have struggled against WI though..even had them have a batting collapse.

If anything WI could have wont his if their top 4 fired.

India need a way to deal with the bouncy perth pitch since there is a knockout stage match being played there.

If this was again Aus/NZ aus would have posted up 250+ and India would have been bowled out for 120 or less.

Raina seems like the weakest link in the team. His best attribute is his fielding. He cannot deal with bounce/short pitched stuff well enough and got lucky a few times.

Best to replace him With Stuart Binny who can deal with both bounce and swing and can bowl some over in between and put Raina as 12th man for fielding purposes.

WI did bowl well, but they don't have a Starc/Boult/Southee and their pace attack and there weren't enough of the traditional threatening fuller swinging deliveries that get you wicket it was mostly short pitch stuff and length deliveries. Only Taylor bowled the nagging length consistently, but would not be threatening threatening like starc/southee.

I don't know. I feel this was one of those instances where the Indian batting was lazy. After all, WI didn't post such a big total. Similar to how NZ got comfortable after reducing Australia to ~150.

That said, anyone else notice how in the last two games in Pool B, it's only been the captains (Misbah, AB, MSD and Holder) who scored fifties? It's giving me this feeling that Pool B has the weaker teams. I mean, if you're going to out there slugging because the captain will save you no matter what (esp. in SA, India and Pak's cases)...they're going to get toasted by Pool A teams.

This is why I love cricket though, I feel the entire WC has just opened up. A week ago, I would've said top contended are Aus, NZ, SA and IND. Now Pak and SL might be strong contenders as well (though Pakistan really needs to get its batting in order). SA losing to Pak was a big deal, IND almost losing to WI. Aus just got 370+ vs. SL. Interesting to see how SL will respond. If SL can win, that'll be big.

The Cricket Thread - big poppa - 03-08-2015

This is one hell of a run chase by Sri Lanka. Chasing down 378 they need 120 off 69 with 6 wickets left

The Cricket Thread - Lucario - 03-08-2015

Damn SL lost the run chase...but I really feel that is Chandimal did not get injured, he would have taken the pressure of Matthews and with Perera to come, they could have got 10+ an over and won them match...both Chandimal and Matthews have the ability to play out Starc.

The Cricket Thread - Altantis - 03-08-2015

Maybe I'm a grumpy old sod, but I'm finding this world cup a tad boring to be honest. Not only for the excessive length of the group stage, but the fielding restriction changes have just swayed it even further in the batsmen's favour. I realise my opinion as a fan of traditional cricket won't resonate with a casual fan, but it's also a bit bland seeing 400+ scores being posted regularly now. There's a lack of tension and balance to the game when bowlers are getting destroyed like rag dolls.

My favourite games have been some of the lower scoring ones (UAE v Ireland, obviously Aus v NZ, and Afghanistan v Scotland is my favourite match of the tournament so far).

One positive is seeing some of these association members performing creditably - Ireland obviously, Scotland and Afghanistan haven't been half bad. Actually, Afghanistan aren't a bad side if they can get some more top-level experience. Even though the Aussies crushed them the other day, they have some decent fast bowlers. It's a pity they were drawn against the home team at Perth, which has the most alien conditions for an Asian team.

The Cricket Thread - Horus - 03-09-2015

[Image: 5d5t0w.jpg]

The Cricket Thread - Slim Shady - 03-09-2015

Bangladesh knocking out the poms made me so happy.

I am very happy India is not facing them in the Quarters also. Not that I doubt India's ability to beat this listless English side, but somehow Broad and Anderson do become more potent against India.

The Cricket Thread - Slim Shady - 03-12-2015

False rape accusations hit the world cup. Bangladeshi Rubel Hossain was hit with an accusation after former GF [a 19 year old actress] said he reneged on a promise of marriage after they had an "intimate affair". She says she now "forgives him" after his heroics against England in the WC.

http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/...llegation/

Unfortunately for Hossain, such cases can not be dropped unilaterally in Bangladesh and even though she has now dropped these obviously BS charges he will still have to go through this headache.

Thank god his team did not betray him though and he was allowed to play in the WC.

This is not the first case of a false rape accusation in Cricket by the way. Legendary SA fast bowler Makhaya Ntini almost had his life ruined in the 90's when he was an up and coming fast bowler [the first SA black player I think] and had a case of a racist false rape accusation made against him. Look it up. In fact he was convicted even, but then acquitted on appeal. Takes balls and a lot of support [from Cricket SA that stood by him] to stand firm in such a case.

The Cricket Thread - Genghis Khan - 03-12-2015

Quote: (03-12-2015 10:35 PM)Slim Shady Wrote:  

False rape accusations hit the world cup. Bangladeshi Rubel Hossain was hit with an accusation after former GF [a 19 year old actress] said he reneged on a promise of marriage after they had an "intimate affair". She says she now "forgives him" after his heroics against England in the WC.

http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/...llegation/

Unfortunately for Hossain, such cases can not be dropped unilaterally in Bangladesh and even though she has now dropped these obviously BS charges he will still have to go through this headache.

Thank god his team did not betray him though and he was allowed to play in the WC.

This is not the first case of a false rape accusation in Cricket by the way. Legendary SA fast bowler Makhaya Ntini almost had his life ruined in the 90's when he was an up and coming fast bowler [the first SA black player I think] and had a case of a racist false rape accusation made against him. Look it up. In fact he was convicted even , but then acquitted on apeal. Take balls and a lot of support [from Cricket SA that stood by him] to stand firm in such a case.

It is called the game of gentlemen for a reason - gentlemen (at least the oldskool type) usually are bros before hoes.