Roosh V Forum
Medellin almost impossible for foreigners - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Medellin almost impossible for foreigners (/thread-26024.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners - Volk - 09-01-2013

In short: not a foreigner's problem. It is not their version of the Arab Spring.

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners - JayMillz - 09-07-2013

Quote: (07-28-2013 02:20 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Although I agree with everything they say in that video, telling me to take a shower,

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners - JayMillz - 09-14-2013

Gringo getting his learn on in MDE

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners - WEDO - 09-14-2013

Quote: (08-31-2013 05:51 AM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Anyone there right now? What's the deal with the protests?

Just got back from Medellin.....never saw any of the protests (manifestaciones) first hand because they were not close to Poblado where I was staying. The protests did cause some traffic jams that caused a couple of my dates to show up even later than usual..... that is about it.

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners - JayMillz - 09-15-2013

Quote: (09-14-2013 10:19 PM)WEDO Wrote:  

Just got back from Medellin.....never saw any of the protests (manifestaciones) first hand because they were not close to Poblado where I was staying. The protests did cause some traffic jams that caused a couple of my dates to show up even later than usual..... that is about it.

How was your trip? Any updates on spots to hit for nightlife?

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners - WEDO - 09-15-2013

Quote: (09-15-2013 06:55 AM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Some trips are better than others but I have never had a bad time anywhere in Colombia ever.

Chick I met took me to a techno club called mansion club....gave me a hit of acid that did nothing and then a group of Israeli guys that she knew showed up and snubbed me at every turn but the chick introduced me to one of her friends that was super fine so it all worked out in the end.

Went to a couple new spots...Envy on top of the Charlee Hotel was nice...kind of a chill lounge atmosphere but since they change the music up every night....could be quite different from night to night.

Good after hours club: http://www.discotecafahrenheit.com/

Plenty of single women there..... which is much different from the Cali clubs. Have no idea really how easy it would be to pull one out because I was always hooked up every night.

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners - scotian - 09-15-2013

Quote: (09-15-2013 02:26 PM)WEDO Wrote:  

Some trips are better than others but I have never had a bad time anywhere in Colombia ever.

Chick I met took me to a techno club called mansion club....gave me a hit of acid that did nothing and then a group of Israeli guys that she knew showed up and snubbed me at every turn but the chick introduced me to one of her friends that was super fine so it all worked out in the end.

Went to a couple new spots...Envy on top of the Charlee Hotel was nice...kind of a chill lounge atmosphere but since they change the music up every night....could be quite different from night to night.

Plenty of single women there..... which is much different from the Cali clubs. Have no idea really how easy it would be to pull one out because I was always hooked up every night.

+1 for still taking hallucinogenic drugs at your age WEDO

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners - JayMillz - 09-15-2013

Did you check any of these out?

Sunday – Karma (reggaeton, hip hop) or Tropical Cocktails (Sabaneta)
Monday – La Octava (rock)
Tuesday – El Eslabon Prendido (live salsa)
Wednesday – B-Lounge (crossover, ladies night)
Thursday - Babylon (crossover, ladies night) or Bendito Seas (crossover, ladies night)
Friday – Dulce Jesus Mio (crossover) or Trilogia Bar (live cover band + crossover DJ)
Saturday – Luxury Discoteca (reggaeton) or Son Havana (live salsa band)

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners - kazz - 09-15-2013

Quote: (09-15-2013 04:00 PM)scotian Wrote:  

haha how old is wedo? if around my age, im sure he would have had plenty in his teens. +1 for taking acid in Colombia, think i would freak the fuck out.

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners - WEDO - 09-16-2013

Quote: (09-15-2013 05:16 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Did you check any of these out?

Sunday – Karma (reggaeton, hip hop) or Tropical Cocktails (Sabaneta)
Monday – La Octava (rock)
Tuesday – El Eslabon Prendido (live salsa)
Wednesday – B-Lounge (crossover, ladies night)
Thursday - Babylon (crossover, ladies night) or Bendito Seas (crossover, ladies night)
Friday – Dulce Jesus Mio (crossover) or Trilogia Bar (live cover band + crossover DJ)
Saturday – Luxury Discoteca (reggaeton) or Son Havana (live salsa band)

I've been to Babylon on ladies night....not bad. Went to Dulce Jesus mio on a Thursday night and it was dead....went to fahrenheit later that night and it had a good crowd but it was ladies night and the women got free drinks from 10 to 12am. Luxury was nice but it is crossover....had a great time at a club calle Dejavu (barrio las palmas) that played mostly reggaeton .

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners - WEDO - 09-16-2013

Quote: (09-15-2013 11:40 PM)kazz Wrote:  

haha how old is wedo? if around my age, im sure he would have had plenty in his teens. +1 for taking acid in Colombia, think i would freak the fuck out.

I'm 51 but I still like to trip every now and then.....had this chick come over to my place and she brought some really tripy weed (cripa) and we smoked it. That shit got me really messed up....couldn't even bang the chick on that crap until hours later....we just laid in bed and petted each other stoned out of our minds.

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners - JayMillz - 10-11-2013

Any of you guys hit this spot? I found this whole area pretty live.
[Image: attachment.jpg14915]   

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners - tomtud - 10-11-2013

Forget about that place unless you go with a female. No entrance without a female companion. Although this is loosely applied, you will have to be smooth in your spanish. Secondly, it's all tables and 90-95% couples. You may find the odd extra female but it's not conducive to approaching and dancing with one. You can however try to dance a salsa song with her.

I personally like the place to chill with your girl, but to go pick up not recommended. Btw it's for an older mature crowd. Seems 30+ to 45 years old crowd range.

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners - JayMillz - 10-11-2013

Quote: (10-11-2013 07:31 PM)tomtud Wrote:  

Forget about that place unless you go with a female. No entrance without a female companion. Although this is loosely applied, you will have to be smooth in your spanish.

I went there with my cousin from SDQ. The place was packed. Like you said, they wouldn't let us in. The guys at the front even turned away a few groups of all girls.

They had a live salsa band playing so we were determined to get in. Finally, we met the owner, who came outside to smoke a cigarette. We started talking to her and hit it off with her. She liked the caribbean Spanish, lol.

Eventually, she told the security to let us in. Maybe it was a good night because there were several tables with all girls and even some sitting at the bar solo. I would go back. I could see it being a nice date spot as well.

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners - Ridge Black - 10-11-2013

Quote: (09-16-2013 03:22 AM)WEDO Wrote:  

Quote: (09-15-2013 11:40 PM)kazz Wrote:  

I'm 51 but I still like to trip every now and then.....had this chick come over to my place and she brought some really tripy weed (cripa) and we smoked it. That shit got me really messed up....couldn't even bang the chick on that crap until hours later....we just laid in bed and petted each other stoned out of our minds.

You get a "like" just for being older than me.

Rock on, WEDO. Rock on...

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners - JayMillz - 11-01-2013

Quote: (07-25-2013 07:40 PM)WEDO Wrote:  

You are never going to convince guys (like GM) that are banging tons of hot chicks in the states that it is a good idea to go to Colombia and struggle with a foreign language and culture even if they can get chicks that are even hotter than the ones they are currently banging.

I don't know what anyone does since I don't know people personally, but I would give a person that games fine babes in the states a lot more props than I would someone that shows up in a 3rd world shit hole and gets bangs from uneducated poor babes because of the gringo factor.

I'm not saying Medellin is like this, but there are places in the world where guys are going to get laid just be virtue of being a gringo and what that represents. I don't think that has anything to do with "game."

When a person is pulling dimes in places like Medellin on a regular basis, that is different, but what gringo can't go to places where prostitution is legal, womanizing is rampant and not accumulate bangs? I don't see this as true game, especially when it involves broke, uneducated babes.

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners - WanderingSoul - 11-01-2013

Quote: (11-01-2013 01:30 AM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Quote: (07-25-2013 07:40 PM)WEDO Wrote:  

You are never going to convince guys (like GM) that are banging tons of hot chicks in the states that it is a good idea to go to Colombia and struggle with a foreign language and culture even if they can get chicks that are even hotter than the ones they are currently banging.

I don't know what anyone does since I don't know people personally, but I would give a person that games fine babes in the states a lot more props than I would someone that shows up in a 3rd world shit hole and gets bangs from uneducated poor babes because of the gringo factor.

I'm not saying Medellin is like this, but there are places in the world where guys are going to get laid just be virtue of being a gringo and what that represents. I don't think that has anything to do with "game."

When a person is pulling dimes in places like Medellin on a regular basis, that is different, but what gringo can't go to places where prostitution is legal, womanizing is rampant and not accumulate bangs? I don't see this as true game, especially when it involves broke, uneducated babes.

The beauty of "3rd world shitholes" is that many of them still have a decent sized middle class where the girls are thinner, sweeter and more feminine than their Western counterparts. Couple that with their exotic looks, and the uncertainty and excitement of living in a foreign country and you have a recipe for some good times.

That said, sometimes banging an uneducated barrio/isaan/favela chick is just fun.

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners - JayMillz - 11-01-2013

Quote: (11-01-2013 03:13 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

The beauty of "3rd world shitholes" is that many of them still have a decent sized middle class where the girls are thinner, sweeter and more feminine than their Western counterparts. Couple that with their exotic looks, and the uncertainty and excitement of living in a foreign country and you have a recipe for some good times.

That said, sometimes banging an uneducated barrio/isaan/favela chick is just fun.

Agree 100%. My only thought was that often the only "game" you really need in many places is enough to purchase the airfare to get there. Being there and having access is the key. The talent in sex tourist destinations varies based on location. The entire experience of being in an exotic place adds a lot to the overall experience as you mentioned.

I think the USA has a good amount of sexy women in certain cities, but the amount of effort one has to exert to get with one might be a lot more effort than in a 3rd world shit hole, even with the language barriers, etc. That is why I said I give props to guys that can do in the USA what others have to travel to 3rd world shit holes to pull off. I'm talking strictly bangs.

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners - JayMillz - 01-18-2014

Quote: (07-25-2013 08:03 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

I am certainly not quitting my job to move to SA just to bang a point or two higher. That would be a recipie for disaster. If you're shooting blanks in the states you're obviously shooting blanks in SA.

most guys are making the huge mistake of choosing to leave too early.

It's a good feeling when your moneys str8 and you can flow whatever way you want.

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners - Silq - 01-19-2014

eh, living in California, it gets expensive to date girls out. Although most of my one night stands cost me $0 as far as buying them drinks, food, or whatever. When I do try the date route, it doesn't flow as nicely as from a bar or club approach (possibly alcohol is the factor)

I just finished a month in Colombia 2 days ago and I did have to go down the date route but it cost me very little to take a girl out relative to California. The only problem with Colombia was, I had too many dates with too many different girls, it was very hard trying to turn one girl down to go out with the other without them getting super suspicious or jealous. I think that it was very easy to get laid in Medellin but not in the sense of 1 night stand but in the sense of, if you take a girl out and you see her more than twice, it's guaranteed.

They always act surprised that they had sex with you so soon over there. Seems that they really take their time but I dunno, it could all be apart of their game.

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners - JayMillz - 01-19-2014

Quote: (01-19-2014 01:02 AM)Silq Wrote:  

They always act surprised that they had sex with you so soon over there.
Where you in Colombia purely for sex tourism or where there other reasons for your visit?

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners - Cr33pin - 01-19-2014

Quote: (01-19-2014 03:36 AM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Quote: (01-19-2014 01:02 AM)Silq Wrote:  

They always act surprised that they had sex with you so soon over there.
Where you in Colombia purely for sex tourism or where there other reasons for your visit?
Mr. Millz I feel like you could have worded that better. Like was your trip purely for gaming hot Latin ass....
When I think of the words "sex tourism" I think of old pay for play guys in flip flops and Hawaiian shirts. Not my fellow Rooshers [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (01-19-2014 10:03 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

When I think of the words "sex tourism" I think of old pay for play guys in flip flops and Hawaiian shirts.

Nothing wrong with that, if that is your thing and there may be some of those guys (young and older) in the forum as well. I usually think of those as whore mongers and not in a disparaging way, but I see your point.

Just so I'm clear, if you go overseas and engage in p4p you are a "sex tourist" because you are paying directly for sex, but if you go overseas to have sex and don't pay the girl directly for sex then you are not a sex tourist, lol.

Actually, semantics aside, I was interested in finding out if he had some business or other interest since he was there for a decent amount of time. Perhaps, I should have just asked that question directly.

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners - elhúngaro - 01-19-2014

I've recently came back from Colombia, and I can confirm that it is definitely not a one night stand culture, although it is very much possible to get with hot women, it takes a little bit of time. The country has a lot to offer besides women.
As a general remark, I don't think visiting a place only for the women is ever a good idea. The country has to be interesting itself, but if there are hot and friendly women there, that's definitely a plus.

Quote: (01-19-2014 01:40 PM)elhúngaro Wrote:  

I've recently came back from Colombia ... I don't think visiting a place only for the women is ever a good idea. The country has to be interesting itself, but if there are hot and friendly women there, that's definitely a plus.

Which part or parts did you visit?