Roosh V Forum
The Official Presidential Election Thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: The Official Presidential Election Thread (/thread-17549.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The Official Presidential Election Thread - j r - 11-07-2012

Here's some good news:

Quote:Quote:

Colorado legalizes recreational use and sale of marijuana

By Sadie Gurman
Denver Post

An amendment that would make it legal in Colorado for individuals to possess and for businesses to sell marijuana for recreational use has passed.

The Denver Post made the call at approximately 9:15 p.m.

Amendment 64 led with 52.7 percent voting yes and 47.3 percent voting no, with 1,507,746 votes or more than 50 percent of active voters counted, according to the Colorado Secretary of State's office. The office said 25 counties had reported.

This is great news for two reasons. One, hopefully it signals the beginning of the end of the drug war. All you so-called conservative like to bitch and whine about how poor brown people are ruining your once great America with over-burdened social services. And yet, I never hear you guys complaining about the amount of money we spend building prisons and paying corrections officers to incarcerate a few hundred thousand non-violent drug offenders. As if that's not pouring money down a big sucking hole

The other reason is that now that Colorado has legalized at the state level, we'll get to see what the feds do in response. Hopefully, Obama will do the right thing and let the citizens of Colorado be. If not though, it will just be one more area in which it is impossible to discern a meaningful difference between the two major parties. It will be one more area where progressives can make up excuses as to why Mr. Hope and Change acted in exactly the same way you would expect a Republican to act.

The Official Presidential Election Thread - kosko - 11-07-2012

What about that Califronia Prop on GMO Foods? That is a game changer.

The Official Presidential Election Thread - chochemonger1 - 11-07-2012

Quote: (11-06-2012 11:56 PM)tenderman100 Wrote:  

Quote: (11-06-2012 11:39 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Obama won, suck on that Tenderman, Brian, Fisto, Texas Prophet, shit anyone else I'm forgetting here, haha, I kid, but for real, these guys must be fuming right now.
[Image: hamster2.gif]

Fuming?

Nah. Because the nation is getting what it wants -- a femcunt loving nanny state community organizing collectivist narcissitic "god damn America!" Chicago political hack.

The uteruses have won this election. Sandra Fluke is now a driving political force.,

Congrats for thinking that THIS is the shits.

All American politicians are political hacks. Prove me wrong. The thing I admired about Obama is that he tried a grand bargain with House leader Boehner, concerning the deficit and taxes..and that greater hack betrayed him.
I would have preferred Mccain had beaten that damn fool Bush in the 2000 primaries. Things would have been a bit better but no president can prevent the downward fall of America.

The Official Presidential Election Thread - ElJefe - 11-07-2012

Quote: (11-07-2012 12:00 AM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

...and we (read: minorities) are here to stay. The "good old days" and the demographics that characterized them aren't coming back. Calling this a "New America" is right, and I'm looking forward to it personally. Its starting to look a lot more like the kind of country I'd like to be a part of.

I won't speak for you, though.

That's so dumb. While this isn't the thread for it, I have to tell you:

Those who suffer the most from illegal immigration have been blacks. So either you're against social mobility, or you are for it, but only to the detriment of national wealth. If you are for it, then you are for increasing poverty and income inequality, which is a major cognitive dissonance with how you come across in social matters. Illegals drop out of high school more, perform poorer in school, and are more of net-drain than gain on public finances.

If you weren't a hostage to identity politics you'd be voting for the rule of law. It's funny that I, the bigoted conservative, am more concerned with the welfare of poor and lower-class Americans, especially african-americans, than you seem to be.

But now that Obama is elected, my biggest hopes are pinned on Simpson-Bowles, but basically I think it's over for America. Not tomorrow. But in 10 years. But I don't blame him. I blame GWB and Reagan.

The Official Presidential Election Thread - Excelsior - 11-07-2012

Quote: (11-07-2012 12:06 AM)Brian Wrote:  

so why did you leave that Paradise in the middle of the Ocean?

I was born here, though I spent most of my first 6 years of life back in "paradise". My mother was born in England, raised in the Caribbean. She decided to come here for her graduate education and her own career ambition (the islands are small, you know).
I was born in NYC, left at 3 months, came back here for elementary school and have been here ever since. I'm the first-gen in my immediate family to be born here.

Being from a family of immigrants, I'm sympathetic to stories of folks coming into legal immigration trouble and struggling to stay here and work, as I've been personally connected to it.

And, like the hordes of other minorities with similar stories, I'm not going anyplace. Sorry bro.

The Official Presidential Election Thread - Brian - 11-07-2012

Quote: (11-07-2012 12:18 AM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

Obama won, suck on that Tenderman, Brian, Fisto, Texas Prophet, shit anyone else I'm forgetting here, haha, I kid, but for real, these guys must be fuming right now.

Fuming?

Nah. Because the nation is getting what it wants -- a femcunt loving nanny state community organizing collectivist narcissitic "god damn America!" Chicago political hack.

The uteruses have won this election. Sandra Fluke is now a driving political force.,

All American politicians are political hacks. Prove me wrong. The thing I admired about Obama is that he tried a grand bargain with House leader Boehner, concerning the deficit and taxes..and that greater hack betrayed him.
I would have preferred Mccain had beaten that damn fool Bush in the 2000 primaries. Things would have been a bit better but no president can prevent the downward fall of America.

do you know why the 'grand bargain' blew up? because the incompent potus blew up negotiations by trying to add more tax increases into the deal at the last minute

The Official Presidential Election Thread - chyamor - 11-07-2012

CO officially blue. Race officially over even if FL, VA, OH turn red. Mitt needs to make the phone call and Barack needs to laugh and hang up on his ass

Quote: (11-07-2012 12:20 AM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

I was born here, though I spent most of my first 6 years of life back in "paradise". My mother was born in England, raised in the Caribbean. She decided to come here for her graduate education and her own career ambition (the islands are small, you know).
I was born in NYC, left at 3 months, came back here for elementary school and have been here ever since. I'm the first-gen in my immediate family to be born here.

Being from a family of immigrants, I'm sympathetic to stories of folks coming into legal immigration trouble and struggling to stay here and work, as I've been personally connected to it.

And, like the hordes of other minorities with similar stories, I'm not going anyplace. Sorry bro.

you're good at math - take all the immigrants from second and third world countries and what do you get??? the USA becoming a second world country. congrats, enjoy.

The Official Presidential Election Thread - Cincinnatus - 11-07-2012

Surveillance picture of Brian seconds after Fox News projected Obama's re-election:

[Image: Angry-man-001.jpg]

[Image: lol.gif]

Quote: (11-07-2012 12:15 AM)j r Wrote:  

Here's some good news:

By Sadie Gurman
Denver Post

An amendment that would make it legal in Colorado for individuals to possess and for businesses to sell marijuana for recreational use has passed.

Amendment 64 led with 52.7 percent voting yes and 47.3 percent voting no, with 1,507,746 votes or more than 50 percent of active voters counted, according to the Colorado Secretary of State's office. The office said 25 counties had reported.
All you so-called conservative like to bitch and whine about how poor brown people are ruining your once great America with over-burdened social services. And yet, I never hear you guys complaining about the amount of money we spend building prisons and paying corrections officers to incarcerate a few hundred thousand non-violent drug offenders. As if that's not pouring money down a big sucking hole

As long as most of those incarcerated folks are black and brown, its all good. That's the line on the right.

You dudes going on about how an Obama victory means that we're headed down a fiscal toilet are half right. I'm just not sure how you can, with a straight face (although, I can't see you, so maybe you're cracking up while writing this stuff) claim that Romney would have been better.

The Republican party is not, and has not been for some time, at all serious about addressing the deficit and the level of debt. What the Republican party is serious about is blaming poor brown people and scaring old white people. For a while, I thought that picking Ryan might signal some seriousness on the fiscal issue, but that turned out to be bullshit as well. Romney ran on increasing military spending and cutting taxes. How the fuck do you balance a budget and pay off debt while doing those two things? You don't.

The Official Presidential Election Thread - RandalGraves - 11-07-2012

Well, great night for feminism.

The Official Presidential Election Thread - chochemonger1 - 11-07-2012

Quote: (11-07-2012 12:22 AM)Brian Wrote:  

Fuming?

do you know why the 'grand bargain' blew up? because the incompent potus blew up negotiations by trying to add more tax increases into the deal at the last minute
Yes for those who made more than 250,000 dollars a year my friend....wanting to.take their tax level back to pre-Bush levels. What is the problem with that. Under Clinton the economy grew and their was a budget surplus.

Quote: (11-07-2012 12:30 AM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

Here's some good news:

By Sadie Gurman
Denver Post

All you so-called conservative like to bitch and whine about how poor brown people are ruining your once great America with over-burdened social services. And yet, I never hear you guys complaining about the amount of money we spend building prisons and paying corrections officers to incarcerate a few hundred thousand non-violent drug offenders. As if that's not pouring money down a big sucking hole

As long as most of those incarcerated folks are black and brown, its all good. That's the line on the right.

you really are delirious. what percentage of murders and other violent crimes are committed by blacks?

The Official Presidential Election Thread - speakeasy - 11-07-2012

Quote: (11-07-2012 12:02 AM)Brian Wrote:  

hit the books college boy. what third world shithole did you come here from?

[Image: aussie-haterade.gif]

Quote: (11-07-2012 12:32 AM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

Quote: (11-07-2012 12:22 AM)Brian Wrote:  

Fuming?

Yes for those who made more than 250,000 dollars a year my friend....wanting to.take their tax level back to pre-Bush levels. What is the problem with that. Under Clinton the economy grew and their was a budget surplus.

what you math whizzes dont seem to understand is that you can take every penny over 250k of everyone who makes over 250k and its a splash in the buck of our annual deficit.

Quote: (11-07-2012 12:38 AM)Brian Wrote:  

Here's some good news:

By Sadie Gurman
Denver Post

you really are delirious. what percentage of murders and other violent crimes are committed by blacks?

What does that have to do with all the money this country wastes on locking up non-violent drug offenders? If you really care about being fiscally conservative, why wouldn't you speak out about it?

Quote: (11-07-2012 12:40 AM)j r Wrote:  

Here's some good news:

By Sadie Gurman
Denver Post

What does that have to do with all the money this country wastes on locking up non-violent drug offenders? If you really care about being fiscally conservative, why wouldn't you speak out about it?

i absolutely agree with you on that. make weed legal. alcohol causes 100x more problems then weed ever will. you make weed legal and you eliminate alot of the violent crime that comes as a result of drugs being illegal.

The Official Presidential Election Thread - speakeasy - 11-07-2012

Quote: (11-07-2012 12:26 AM)Brian Wrote:  

you're good at math - take all the immigrants from second and third world countries and what do you get??? the USA becoming a second world country. congrats, enjoy.

I'm glad Brian made this statement because it displays exactly what's under the surface of the Republican party. A bright guy like Athlone who worked his way up to an Ivy League school from a disadvantaged background is just another 3rd worlder ruining the country.

I was talking about non-violent (mostly drug related) offenses, so your question is irrelevant. The non-violent offenses are the primary driver behind the ramped up incarceration rates.

The disparity in sentencing remains even after you adjust for disparity in the severity of the crime and past offenses, among other potential factors. The fact is that minorities are disproportionately targeted for incarceration and more harshly prosecuted for the same crimes, thus providing fuel for our prison-industrial complex. The system is having a disproportionate impact on browns and blacks, and that is true even if you were to adjust for offense rates (which, for drug crimes, are actually roughly similar between the different racial/ethnic groups).

Conservatives do not care about this issue because, by and large, minorities are irrelevant on that side of the aisle.

Quote: (11-07-2012 12:48 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (11-07-2012 12:26 AM)Brian Wrote:  

I'm glad Brian made this statement because it displays exactly what's under the surface of the Republican party. A bright guy like Athlone who worked his way up to an Ivy League school from a disadvantaged background is just another 3rd worlder ruining the country.

go live in a poor neighborhood in a third world country and let me know how that works out for you

The Official Presidential Election Thread - bacon - 11-07-2012

as ive been watching the Obama masses cry in rejoice to his win it dawned on me just how fucking clueless anyone is that doesnt see through this republican-democrat paradigm.

do people really think it matters WHO is in office. the game is rigged and the outcome is going to be bad for the regular "folks" like me and you.

celebrating a rigged political game is lunacy. we need real change now more than ever. ask yourself how well is a 2 party system working out for America?

Quote: (11-07-2012 12:48 AM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

I was talking about non-violent (mostly drug related) offenses, so your question is irrelevant. The non-violent offenses are the primary driver behind the ramped up incarceration rates.

The disparity in sentencing remains even after you adjust for disparity in the severity of the crime and past offenses, among other potential factors. The fact is that minorities are disproportionately targeted for incarceration and more harshly prosecuted for the same crimes, thus providing fuel for our prison-industrial complex. The system is having a disproportionate impact on browns and blacks, and that is true even if you were to adjust for offense rates (which, for drug crimes, are actually roughly similar between the different racial/ethnic groups).

Conservatives do not care about this issue because, by and large, minorities are irrelevant on that side of the aisle.

thats where you are way off base. Conservatives drool all over guys like Allen West and Marco Rubio because of their beliefs regardless of their race. I'd have voted for either one in a heartbeat.

The Official Presidential Election Thread - BlurredSevens - 11-07-2012

Quote: (11-06-2012 11:44 PM)j r Wrote:  

This is tougher than I thought it was going to be. I couldn't, in good conscience, cast a vote for Mitt Romney, but I was hoping that it would be too close to call. Unfortunately, I live close enough to the White House that I'm going to have to listen to people hooting and hollering and honking horns all night fucking long.

I get having a preference. I get supporting a candidate, even though I don't. But Jesus, the whole idea of rooting for a guy like a sports team, taking the streets and chanting his name, that's the shit that I can't understand. I can't for the life of me understand why people are so easily led to subsume their own individuality into some collective herd. The day you catch me standing out in the cold chanting some dude's name is the day you can just put two in the back of my head.

Nights like this I feel very alone. Thank god for this forum.

My sentiments exactly. As soon as someone starts chanting a politicians name, they've effectively stopped thinking and stopped asking questions. And there is nothing more dangerous than that.

Quote: (11-07-2012 12:48 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Of course. I'd resent such sentiment, but I've actually come to appreciate it as it taught me a valuable lesson about where we all really stand.

For minorities (in my case, blacks), your education and income level are both less relevant that they should be socially. A minority is a minority, and it is very difficult to change that. I could get overly prideful about my accomplishments and many of my relatives could do the same, but we don't. Why?

Aside from the obvious moral reasons (pride goeth before the fall), we're well aware of the fact that our Ivy League degrees and other outside factors don't make much difference to those who look down on us-to them, we are just blacks, and that phenotypical reality counts before any other tangible or intangible trait we could possess. We don't get a special "acceptable negro" pass from the right for being smart or well educated. The xenophobia flows over just the same as it would for any other minority.

That realization is a big reason why I'm no longer a conservative.