Roosh V Forum
The Ukraine Thread III - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Ukraine Thread III (/thread-37535.html)

The Ukraine Thread III - Vronski - 06-29-2016

Quote: (06-28-2016 06:02 AM)seniol Wrote:  

If Ukraine ever becomes a westernised city, Minsk will be the next destination for us

Not to stir the shit about prices, but not for all of us. Cheapos could suffer there. Cost of life in Minsk is indubitably higher in Minsk than in Kiev (+30% I'd say)

As a side note, and RE about prices, cocktails are at some 170 grv at Mozgi Bar (Arena), and a Filet Mignon costs 340 grv (not even talking about wine prices). Trendy place but not overly "high-end", great for dinner and pre-clubbing ..... and still rather cheap by western standarts (apart from wine) .... but too bad for those who live - or plan to live - in Kiev with a budget of 30 €/day.

https://www.facebook.com/mozgibar.com.ua/

The Ukraine Thread III - edlefou - 06-29-2016

I'll second Dobovo.com as an alternative to Airbnb. I used it for several multi-day rentals while I looked for a permanent place back in October. I thought the prices were slightly high for flats that weren't that good (my first one had cockroaches), but it was still cheaper than Airbnb.

If you can speak Russian you can try olx.ua or even sutochno.ru. When I arrived in October I had a girl call some listings for me, but all the good ones were gone quick and there were some bait and switch scams. Look for listings that say от хозяина, which means it's an ad from the owner and not some agent (I wish Airbnb made this distinction).

I was in Kiev for a few days a week ago and I got a studio flat at 600 UAH per night by Gulliver. It was a modernized Soviet flat. In October I could rent such a flat for 400 UAH per night.

@superschalk: What's your private deal rent cost if it's not a secret?

The Ukraine Thread III - superschalk - 06-30-2016

Quote: (06-29-2016 04:07 PM)edlefou Wrote:  

@superschalk: What's your private deal rent cost if it's not a secret?

I am paying €18 per night for a one bedroom with new quality furniture (although no high end furniture) and a newly done bathroom. My deal is based on an agreement I have with the girl that I bring her Swiss chocolate whenever I come and that I rent the apartment for at least 3 to 4 months within a year. The place is 5 minutes away from Maidan.

If you would rent the apartment on a daily basis it would cost you €45. But recently I am thinking to move closer to the river during the summer months. There is a lot more going on in Podol than at Maidan/Kreshatyk at the moment in my opinion.

The Ukraine Thread III - Vronski - 06-30-2016

Quote: (06-30-2016 01:52 AM)superschalk Wrote:  

There is a lot more going on in Podol than at Maidan/Kreshatyk at the moment in my opinion.

Indeed. But not just at the moment for that matter. Podol is more trendy, more enjoyable, and not yet spoiled by thousands of sex-hungry foreigners (as Kreshatyk is). I hope it will remain that way.

The Ukraine Thread III - superschalk - 06-30-2016

Quote: (06-30-2016 02:11 AM)Vronski Wrote:  

Quote: (06-30-2016 01:52 AM)superschalk Wrote:  

There is a lot more going on in Podol than at Maidan/Kreshatyk at the moment in my opinion.

Indeed. But not just at the moment for that matter. Podol is more trendy, more enjoyable, and still not overly infected by sex-tourism (as Kreshatyk is). I hope it will remain that way.

I can highly recommend the football public viewing area on that big place right at the river. If there are games on it is packed with people. Will go there tonight for the Poland vs. Portugal game. If anyone wants to join just pm me.

The Ukraine Thread III - edlefou - 06-30-2016

The football viewing area by the river is Poshtovaya Ploschad. There's usually good talent there.

Slightly higher up the hill, where Kreshatik ends, is the big arch. There is atrium seating where people go to drink beer and watch the river and the sunset. There's also a cool-looking zip line you can ride across the river down to the island. Has anyone tried it?

Podol is one of my favorite places. I chose to live in Zoloti Vorota because it was midway between Podol and Kreshatik. I could speed walk to either in 10-12 minutes. Honey is one of the best desert places in Kiev and amazing for dates. Pink Freud is great for cocktails and shisha. London Fight House is a bar with a fighting ring in the back. Living Room is a hipster place where you can drink mediocre wine and listen to fantastic live gypsy jams. Too many places to mention.

The Ukraine Thread III - Rocha - 06-30-2016

Quote: (06-30-2016 05:41 AM)edlefou Wrote:  

Podol is one of my favorite places. I chose to live in Zoloti Vorota because it was midway between Podol and Kreshatik. I could speed walk to either in 10-12 minutes.

You surely walk fast to Podol)) 3,4km from Zoloti Vorota metro station to Kontraktova.

I agree with Vronski, Podol / Kontraktova is an excellent area, one of the best for daygaming and dinner. Only drawback is that it is relatively far from the center, you need a taxi to get out of there to the center clubs.

The Ukraine Thread III - Vronski - 06-30-2016

Quote: (06-30-2016 08:25 AM)Rocha Wrote:  

Only drawback is that it is relatively far from the center, you need a taxi to get out of there to the center clubs.

Agree, that can be annoying ......to go out at night better live near Lva Tolstogo .....but what is great with Podol is that you feel like living in a small town .....people know you, it's friendly, it's green, it's jam-packed with nice cafes, there's no shady characters at night ...you feel like you're in Kiev, but also like you're not.

And honestly, when in the evening you sip your vodka on your balcony with such a view, life is good. [Image: cool.gif]

The Ukraine Thread III - Cr33pin - 06-30-2016

Uncle Cr33pin fucked around and fell in love..... with a girl with a boyfriend..... Now I haz a sad

The Ukraine Thread III - pheonix500000 - 06-30-2016

Quote: (06-30-2016 11:28 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Uncle Cr33pin fucked around and fell in love..... with a girl with a boyfriend..... Now I haz a sad

Whats the full story man?

The Ukraine Thread III - BangBoy123 - 06-30-2016

Podol gives some near-European style living, although there is not much in the way of nightlife so you will need to factor in taxi fares to your expenses. Also the girls there are the rich hipster kids, these girls look at older guys in a similar way to their western counterparts, whereas in poorer neighbourhoods it's easier to make something happen.

If money is no object then right by Zoloti Vorota station is very pleasant, although you will have to go down to Kreschatik to find most of the decent places to eat in that area.

Another place to consider, is Lybidska, although a trek from the very centre, you have Ocean Plaza mall where it is teeming with young hotties. You will probably save yourself a fair amount on rent too

The Ukraine Thread III - Cambodian Creamsicle - 06-30-2016

I live near Olympiska. Also a good option. Huge supermarket close by, good + relatively cheap gym (Interfit), loads of restaurants / cafes, it's flat for walking, on the blue line so a quick metro ride to Maidan, Podil or Ocean Plaza, lots of daygame options although less now that University is out.

The Ukraine Thread III - BangBoy123 - 06-30-2016

Quote: (06-30-2016 02:17 PM)Cambodian Creamsicle Wrote:  

I live near Olympiska. Also a good option. Huge supermarket close by, good + relatively cheap gym (Interfit), loads of restaurants / cafes, it's flat for walking, on the blue line so a quick metro ride to Maidan, Podil or Ocean Plaza, lots of daygame options although less now that University is out.

Yes Olympiskii very good, many restaurants, gyms, supermarkets, university. Although more frenetic and not as aesthetically charming as Podol and Zoloti Varota.

The Ukraine Thread III - Rocha - 06-30-2016

Obolon is cool. Middle class neighbourhood with an enjoyable promenade along the Dnipro and many pubs,restaurants and local commerce. Rents not cheap though, on pair with the gorod center.

The Ukraine Thread III - Cr33pin - 06-30-2016

Quote: (06-30-2016 12:38 PM)pheonix500000 Wrote:  

Whats the full story man?

[Image: 13b77350807999a4c76475c914665ab4.jpg]

I got a rep to protect.

All this chatter about apartments.. I need to find a new one before July 5th. I assume I will find another one in the center. The center has been good to me so far.

Also whats the best border run from kiev?

The Ukraine Thread III - Cambodian Creamsicle - 06-30-2016

Had a good run recently taking down 3 lasses in 3 days but it seemed to have sucked the soul out of me. Went on a date with a girl today and I was just an irritable prick, poor thing. After 3 months in Ukraine I think I'm burnt out.

I think I should take a week off but that seems next to impossible with the amount talent running around half naked this time of year.

The Ukraine Thread III - Barron - 07-01-2016

Imagine: You two fuck, shes boring in bed but looks good in the morning. She's boring to hang out with but looks so good naked... It's a real problem here. If only they'd say Thank You once in a while.

The Ukraine Thread III - BangBoy123 - 07-02-2016

Quote: (06-30-2016 05:40 PM)Cambodian Creamsicle Wrote:  

Had a good run recently taking down 3 lasses in 3 days but it seemed to have sucked the soul out of me. Went on a date with a girl today and I was just an irritable prick, poor thing. After 3 months in Ukraine I think I'm burnt out.

I think I should take a week off but that seems next to impossible with the amount talent running around half naked this time of year.

The best thing about taking a break from Ukraine is to going somewhere else and realizing how good Ukraine is in comparison

The Ukraine Thread III - Tenerife - 07-02-2016

is it possible to get a Belarusian visa in Kiev as an american?

The Ukraine Thread III - whoishe - 07-02-2016

I didn't post for some time here, but earlier today I came back from 1st trip to Ukraine (called "White Africa" by one of the locals) this year, so here is a couple of suggestions:

- If any of you has a decent girl around and maybe is looking for a short travel together I highly reccomend Bukowel or other places in Karpaty mountains. Apparently it's even better during the winter, but Ive had a great time there now as well. I went there alone for a 4-days pre-organized trip (2400grn including meals) and it was a very good choice.

- It was interesting to observe interaction between one married couple - both are late 20's, guy (let's call him "Igor") is a kickboxer, wife did athletics on top national level. He clearly leads in the relationship, but also takes care well of her and makes sure she's comfortable in various situations (weather changing, some heavier bags, etc...).

- It was also interesting to hear him telling me once or twice that I should order some girls to do something instead of asking them. I actually try to do it, but I guess not strong enough.

He was also dropping some priceless comments, like here which was an interesting situation for me as well. 5-10 years ago I was told I look older than I was in reality. Now I am 36.

Conversation during evening free time for the group (with some local cognac) around swimming pool
Girl 1: Whoishe, how old are you, 27?
Me: Older
Girl 2 (wife of Igor): 28
Me: Hmmm, still quite older
Girl 1: So how old?
Me: 36
Both girl: Seriously?
Igor: You aren't married, are you?
Me: Nope
Igor (looking at girl 1 and his wife): See, that's probably a reason why he looks younger.
All people around table exploded with laughter.

- Not much changed in Lviv. Despite some students leaving city it's still packed in parks and other places in Centre with girls not doing much, so you always have options when looking to daygame (didn't go to the clubs, so no opinion about it).

- For some time Lviv is trying to implement Night Buses into schedule. It's only a few lines working at thee moment and they go every two hours, but it's a start and one I choosed worked well for me (recently I am renting an apartment outside of Centre). All of them go throught Railway station.

- I've met a local PUA in Lviv. Very cool guy who seemed to know what he was talking about (but what do I know) and in general dropped plenty of red pillish comments. Not a someone with strong career, not sure about his social circle options either. Seems to mostly daygame, maybe next time will have a chance to see him in action. Wondering if he's going to read it [Image: dodgy.gif]

- Everyone has their own experience, but personally I found people getting more polite and helpful (especially if it's business related). Highlight during this trip was a driver of bus from Ivano Frankivsk to Lviv allowing me to get in despite bus standing on red light around 200 meters from Bus Station. My landlord probably wasn't too happy either about me arriving to apartment around midnight, but didn't give any negative vibe during me checking in.

- Because of BlaBlacar contact canceling my trip back home 1 hour before scheduled time I've had to make some payments by credit card (usually do only cash in Ukraine). Just checked my bank account and conversion from Grivna to PLN during transactions I've made seemed to be basically on market exchange level.

- Football Fan Zone for Euro2016 is open in Lviv as well (in Ivana Franka Park close to main University building).

The Ukraine Thread III - Cambodian Creamsicle - 07-03-2016

Bad few days for The Creamsicle.

1) Attempted to withdraw an amount over my daily allotted limit from an ATM and by doing so set off a security protocol from my bank. It's an American Chase account. Because Ukraine is deemed a "high risk country" for fraudulent activity, I've lost the ability to withdraw cash from ATMs or bank tellers. I called Chase and they said there are no holds on my account, but because I'm in Ukraine they cannot guarantee cash withdrawal. Seems odd seeing as I've used the card for 8 months in Ukraine and all over the world for that matter with little issue. I know they could fix the problem but choose not to. If I had a million dollars in the account and threatened to close the account you can be sure I'd be withdrawing cash the next day. I'm still able to make payments at stores but cash is really what I need most. Luckily I have a Canadian BMO account for back-up but now I'm down to one option, so if this one decides to crap out I'm fucked.

Has anyone experienced this and found a resolution?

2) The worse story:

Went to Hidropark yesterday for workout/sun/swim. Set up shop next to a couple cuties after the iron session on the main beach, in front of the basketball courts if you're familiar with Hidropark. There were two other dudes near me, also rolling solo, who left their stuff by their towel and went for a swim with no issue. I figure I would do the same. Big mistake.

After a 3 minute swim I returned to my towel to see my bag had been jacked. Got that sinking feeling in my stomach, similar to when you find out your chick got fucked by another guy, but not quite as intense. Looked all around and knew it was never coming back. Inside I had my phone (iPhone 5S), BMO credit card, keys to my apartment, BoSox hat (miss it already), shoes, shorts, headphones, and 500 gr. About a $1000 loss when you figure in the amount needed to replace everything, but worse than the money loss is all the contacts, photos, info, etc I had stored on my phone (wasn't backed up) and the inconvenience / time suck to replace everything.

I was left standing on the beach with only my wet shorts, cheap flip flops and towel thinking, hmm what next? I didn't want to take the metro back into the center shirtless because I didn't want to cause mass slush panties and stink up the train lol, so I went over to Bora Bora looking for some help. They called the police and I got interrogated for 15 minutes. No big deal. The only thing I could tell them was that there were 4 Turks sitting at one of the little restaurant type things close by that looked at me nervously several times as I walked by. I noticed it so I went and sat right beside them to make them REALLY nervous. One guy kept looking back at me sheepishly so I stared him down every time. My bag wasn't in sight so there was nothing left to do.

You don't realize how much of your life is on your phone these days until you lose it. I sit here now with a new blank phone - no contacts, no photos of sexy slavic girls, no viber, no whatapp, no journal of my travels I'd been keeping for the past year. On the plus side it's given me lots of time to make this post.

Lessons learned:

- If you go solo to the beach and want to swim, pick a place close to the water so you can watch your bag or get someone close by to watch your stuff. Even if you see other people leaving their stuff laying around don't make the false assumption like I did that no one will jack your goodies.

- Bring as little as possible to the beach.

- Guys are hawking you and you probably don't know it.

- Turks being greasy confirmed.

The Ukraine Thread III - houdini29 - 07-03-2016

Hey guys I got one question for you,

I am coming on my own to Ukraine on the 30th of July till the 20th of August from Paris.

One question : where should I be heading? Spend some time in Kiev and then go to Odessa? Is it worse to see smaller cities like Lviv? Khardiv or Dnipro?
****do you think it could be interesting to make a trip to Minsk in Belarus?

Thanks for you advice,

The Ukraine Thread III - luckskywalker - 07-03-2016

How it is the university scenario in Ukraine? Would you guys considere finishing college there?

The Ukraine Thread III - Cr33pin - 07-03-2016

Quote: (07-03-2016 02:51 PM)luckskywalker Wrote:  

How it is the university scenario in Ukraine? Would you guys considere finishing college there?

I'm considering finishing life here

The Ukraine Thread III - BangBoy123 - 07-04-2016

Sorry to hear that Creamiscle, what a horrible feeling, they didn't even leave you the shirt on your back those damn Turks. Could have been worse I suppose, could have been an Iphone 6s.