Roosh V Forum
The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) (/thread-28919.html)

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Roardog - 01-28-2015

Got a second date lined up with this girl and she wants to change the location to somewhere halfway between where we both live. I don't want to do this as it obviously hurts my logistics.

Me: Cool, I'm booked all weekend but lets do next Wednesday unless you've got another tropical jaunt
Her: Hah no wednesday is good
Her: I'll put you in the calendar
Her: Where we meeting?
Her: What time?
Her: Sorry I'm anal when planning my calendar
Me: Really, I couldn't tell
Me: 8.30pm, somewhere in X area (which is where I live which she knows as it's where we met for our first date)
Her: How about Y area? (this is one train stop from me, so not terrible but still not short walking distance from the bar)
Her: Lets do somewhere inbetween

I'm thinking about replying "there aren't any good bars there, lets stick with X"
or "Nah, there is this cool bar I want to show you in X area that is being knocked down soon"

Thoughts?

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - robreke - 01-28-2015

Quote: (01-27-2015 05:11 PM)robreke Wrote:  

Went nuclear on a tinder match this weekend.

After several no responses from her ....after we'd bantered a bit earlier , I texted:

"Am I wasting my time texting you or what?"
Her - no response
Me: "Yep: Unsubscribe /Delete"
Those above texts were on Saturday.
Then today, Tuesday, 5 minutes ago: Her: Sorry I've been crazy busy the past two weeks today is day 3 without sleep [Image: sad.gif]

I know she does work two jobs. I guess I'm just going to go straight to asking when she's free after I wait a while. Suggestions welcome.

I continue to use this girl as a bit of an experiment for calling girls out on their non response flighty behavior. I really don't care because she's a tinder match I haven't met yet. After the banter above...the rest of the convo has gone like this:

Me - bummer...well get some sleep tonight.
Her - hopefully it's much needed for sure
Me- hope you get some...still interested in making plans sometime?
Then...I only gave her three hours to respond and after no response I hit her with:
Me: So....every time I ask about setting a time to meet...you stop returning texts...if you decide you want to ever do anything...lemme know...I'm done

Her at midnight three hours later as I'm sleeping ( I got the next morning)
Her: I got home and passed out sorry it's not intentional I'm literally drained. But I will message you tomorrow to set up a day most likely next week after I'm done with this store business it's been driving me crazy

Me about 2 this afternoon: Well ok....just lemme know
Her within 30: Will do

..let's see what happens. This chick is a semi glutton for text abuse/ calling out on shit. Hopefully she's not a SIF. Her pics look good though.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Goldfinger - 01-29-2015

Quote: (01-28-2015 06:50 PM)robreke Wrote:  

After several no responses from her ....after we'd bantered a bit earlier , I texted:

Her - no response
Then today, Tuesday, 5 minutes ago: Her: Sorry I've been crazy busy the past two weeks today is day 3 without sleep [Image: sad.gif]

I know she does work two jobs. I guess I'm just going to go straight to asking when she's free after I wait a while. Suggestions welcome.

I continue to use this girl as a bit of an experiment for calling girls out on their non response flighty behavior. I really don't care because she's a tinder match I haven't met yet. After the banter above...the rest of the convo has gone like this:

Then...I only gave her three hours to respond and after no response I hit her with:
Me: So....every time I ask about setting a time to meet...you stop returning texts...if you decide you want to ever do anything...lemme know...I'm done

Her: I got home and passed out sorry it's not intentional I'm literally drained. But I will message you tomorrow to set up a day most likely next week after I'm done with this store business it's been driving me crazy

..let's see what happens. This chick is a semi glutton for text abuse/ calling out on shit. Hopefully she's not a SIF. Her pics look good though.

Unless you like torturing yourself and feeding an over-inflated ego i would next this chic asap. You haven't invested any money, but you're investing too much energy. So many more options out there.

NEXT

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - robreke - 01-29-2015

Quote: (01-29-2015 08:19 AM)Goldfinger Wrote:  

Quote: (01-28-2015 06:50 PM)robreke Wrote:  

Her - no response

Unless you like torturing yourself and feeding an over-inflated ego i would next this chic asap. You haven't invested any money, but you're investing too much energy. So many more options out there.

NEXT

I'm not contacting her again. If she texts me so be it. I even deleted her on my matches and she re matched with me.

I'm working other leads.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - ordinaryleastsquared - 01-29-2015

I'd appreciate some advice with this situation:

Met up with a girl sunday off okc, had several drinks at the bar and hung out there for almost 2 hours (I usually keep this to ~1 hour, but we were actually having a fun conversation). We go back to my place/make some pasta/ watch a movie/make out on and off for about an hour. At this point its after 1 and we both had to be up around 7, so I decided to not escalate and call it a night (of course maybe this was where I screwed up, who knows).

As she's leaving she tells me if I'd like to hangout fri/sat to let her know. I text her on Wednesday:

Me- Hey I'm going to a happy hour friday with some friends from work, but should be free around 9. Let me know if you'd like to chill afterwards.

Her-Radio silence

?? Seems like I played my cards right, and she seemed into me, though she is 23.. Frustrating.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Roardog - 01-29-2015

Quote: (01-29-2015 09:39 PM)ordinaryleastsquared Wrote:  

Met up with a girl sunday off okc, had several drinks at the bar and hung out there for almost 2 hours (I usually keep this to ~1 hour, but we were actually having a fun conversation). We go back to my place/make some pasta/ watch a movie/make out on and off for about an hour. At this point its after 1 and we both had to be up around 7, so I decided to not escalate and call it a night (of course maybe this was where I screwed up, who knows).

As she's leaving she tells me if I'd like to hangout fri/sat to let her know. I text her on Wednesday:

Me- Hey I'm going to a happy hour friday with some friends from work, but should be free around 9. Let me know if you'd like to chill afterwards.

Her-Radio silence

?? Seems like I played my cards right, and she seemed into me, though she is 23.. Frustrating.

That's why you should always ALWAYS go for the bang. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush as they say.
It sounds like you could have easily gotten the bang, you had her at your place!

There is not much you can do now. See if she gets back to you and if not ping her again early next week. If she doesn't respond to that then #next.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - sandman972 - 02-02-2015

Ok I meet this cutie who works at a yogurt shop coming home late one night.

Take her for a first date. Went well. Got her up to my place briefly but no lay but seems very into me. No biggie ill play date #2.

Setting up date 2:

Me: hey whats up, lets do drinks and nargila at X location..i can do mon or wed

Her: Hey...Im actually working on both days so I cant

Havent responded yet. Her response is dull to say the least. My gut says disinterest. Even if she is actually working, she didnt give any hint of trying to make it work or give some sort of counter offer.

Thinking of responding with a "gay" or radio silence. What you guys thinking?

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - ElJefe - 02-02-2015

Quote: (02-02-2015 02:22 AM)sandman972 Wrote:  

Take her for a first date. Went well. Got her up to my place briefly but no lay but seems very into me. No biggie ill play date #2.

Setting up date 2:

Havent responded yet. Her response is dull to say the least. My gut says disinterest. Even if she is actually working, she didnt give any hint of trying to make it work or give some sort of counter offer.

try:

"good for you! im looking for a rich girl to provide for me so it's good youre bringing home the bacon"

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Dantes - 02-02-2015

Delete

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - AneroidOcean - 02-02-2015

Quote: (02-02-2015 02:22 AM)sandman972 Wrote:  

Setting up date 2:

Do you have emoji on your phone? Send her the poop emoji and nothing else.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - ElJefe - 02-03-2015

So I've been trying to get a date with a particular girl for about six weeks now.

When I straight up told her we should hang out and I wasn't interested in being friends, she said sure we could hang out, but was busy for the coming weeks, and as time has gone by, she's seeming more and more lukewarm. I've contacted her about once every 1-1.5 weeks. So basically, this is a NEXT. We spoke on the phone Sunday, and she said she'd hit me up when she was back in town. It feels like she's doing it just to be friendly to me.

Should I just ignore and see if she comes to me, or write her and set boundaries NOW and say "sup, it seems like you're not really clear about what you want, so maybe it's better we don't meet".

What's the more productive angle?

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - LAX - 02-03-2015

Quote: (02-03-2015 01:10 AM)ElJefe Wrote:  

So I've been trying to get a date with a particular girl for about six weeks now.

When I straight up told her we should hang out and I wasn't interested in being friends, she said sure we could hang out, but was busy for the coming weeks, and as time has gone by, she's seeming more and more lukewarm. I've contacted her about once every 1-1.5 weeks. So basically, this is a NEXT. We spoke on the phone Sunday, and she said she'd hit me up when she was back in town. It feels like she's doing it just to be friendly to me.

Should I just ignore and see if she comes to me, or write her and set boundaries NOW and say "sup, it seems like you're not really clear about what you want, so maybe it's better we don't meet".

What's the more productive angle?

Sounds like she isn't hooked enough where she'll feel that sense of loss. Alternatively - IMO strong frame control would be the way to go. 'Look. Lets set a date or hang out. X time Y place.' and she if doesnt respond its a NEXT

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - LAX - 02-03-2015

Quote: (01-29-2015 09:39 PM)ordinaryleastsquared Wrote:  

Her-Radio silence

23 yrs old - the time lapse between sunday and wednesday is too long. She's have way too many life experiences in her silly mind in 3 days. I'd text her 2-3 times more but the main lesson to learn here is IF A CHICK IS IN YOUR BED YOU ALWAYS ESCALATE. Go to work on no sleep if you have time. The hard part is done

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - ElJefe - 02-03-2015

Quote: (02-03-2015 02:10 AM)LAX Wrote:  

Sounds like she isn't hooked enough where she'll feel that sense of loss. Alternatively - IMO strong frame control would be the way to go. 'Look. Lets set a date or hang out. X time Y place.' and she if doesnt respond its a NEXT

Hmm... I'll go for silence then.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Fortis - 02-03-2015

okcupid text chain

Me: Let's ride out to Vegas and get married by an Elvis Preacher [Image: wink.gif]

her: lmao, I can say that I've never heard that before!

Not sure how to do this. Whenever I use this opener, they always respond with that, but I'm not sure how keep things moving forward in a fresh way.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Clint Barton - 02-03-2015

Next time you get that response just go with "There's a first time for everything... like hanging out with me." or some bullshit like that.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Fortis - 02-03-2015

^ Good stuff. I actually didn't reply yet, so I will steal that.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Fortis - 02-05-2015

Background: australia chick I met on tinder yesterday. Tried to get her to come out last night, but she couldn't. She offered Friday instead.

Got this text today:

Australia girl @ 2:33pm:

OMG do u know the weather forecast for friday... (emote)

me: Nope. looking bad?

me: All I see is partly cloudy.

Australian girl @ 2:56 pm: Friday night is like -12!

Australia girl: Oh wait that's in deg celsius haha so not sure what it converts too but point is it's cold lol

me: australia, you scared me for a moment! Weather.com has 19 degrees Farenheit posted haha. is sorta cold.

me @ 3:22pm: let's touch base tmrw and see how bad it is. if you're that cold then we'll just meet up some other time

her @ 7:55pm : hahaha it's cold for me because i'm from australia so clearly a hot climate human [Image: wink.gif] yea let's wait and see! the venue is pretty near me anyway.

----

Notes: I think I should be less emotional in my texts, so no more "haha," emotes or any sort of emotion. I need to keep them guessing me. I picked up the emotional texting habit becuase I'm into video games and sometimes you need to type something with a bit more "oomph" to make sure your team understands the severity of the situation.

I should also avoid double texting. Now that I typed that shit out, I look like a bitch.

I also probably shouldn't have said, "let's wait and see and if you're cold we'll just met up." I think that is giving her too much in regards to flaking. She seems pretty keen meeting me given that we're in the same city and all that shit.

I'm thinking I'll just not reply tonight and then hit her with "Hey australia, I'll see you at (place) at 9pm. Wear something nice." Assume the sale and just bulldoze.

Thoughts?

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - EnemyCombatant - 02-05-2015

This is a chick who was I met in 2013, she had a boyfriend (her freshman year) in a long-distance relationship but was super into me, had a date which I fucked up for the bang. Been slow-rolling it until last fall when she became single, met up away from town w a makeout. However fucked it up w weak text game, still think I can salvage this, or at least do this in a dignified way instead of radio silence. Maybe keep the slow roll planted. Thoughts?

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Clint Barton - 02-08-2015

Nothing going down with this girl if she explicitly said "friends". Move on.

Quote: (02-05-2015 10:33 PM)EnemyCombatant Wrote:  

This is a chick who was I met in 2013, she had a boyfriend (her freshman year) in a long-distance relationship but was super into me, had a date which I fucked up for the bang. Been slow-rolling it until last fall when she became single, met up away from town w a makeout. However fucked it up w weak text game, still think I can salvage this, or at least do this in a dignified way instead of radio silence. Maybe keep the slow roll planted. Thoughts?

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Kissinger2014 - 02-08-2015

Quote: (02-05-2015 10:33 PM)EnemyCombatant Wrote:  

I'd ignore her "as friends" line, and say 11:30 is fine to meet up. Go to the range, have some drinks afterwards, and try to escalate. You don't have much to lose (except some money on ammo). If she's made out with you before, presumably she finds you somewhat attractive. If the escalation fails, then just move on.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - OBJ Snakebite - 02-09-2015

Me: "The red dress pic, I swear you look Italian. Were you born here or were you an import?"
Guyanese black tinder chick: "I was born here."
Me: "Shame. I was hoping for that weird accent you guys have"
Guyanese black tinder chick: "Ok bye"

WTF happened? This is the entire exchange, punctuation and capitalization preserved.
I think I should next her, but please explain my mistakes here/better responses.
Thanks.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - redonion - 02-10-2015

Anyone want to give me some post-text analysis here?

Backstory: I've been on one date with this girl, and it went very well. During the date she told me how she loved that I confidently asked for her number and told her the time and place of the date. I told her that I like to lead and don't play games over the phone - preferring to be blunt and direct. This led to some cool convos on social dynamics, etc. She's confident and into self-help books, so she may have an inflated sense of self-worth. I couldn't get her back to my place (not for a lack of trying) but I pulled her into an alley afterwards and secured the makeout as she waited for her uber to come. She quickly texted me after thanking me for the invite and that she had fun and that "ubers come at the worst times...". I bantered a bit. I came away very happy from this and confident on setting up a 2nd date. I'd say it was my best 1st date out of ~15-20. That was on Thursday.

Here's our text exchange since (my comments are in bold).

Me (Saturday afternoon): hey happy saturday. I'm trying to find someone to go bowling with tomorrow. wanna be my partner in crime?
Her (few hours later): Hi! Happy Saturday! Sorry I already have plans! [Not looking good. No attempt for a new time]
Me (Monday night): hey we should meet up again later this week if this snow ever stops
Her: It may never stop! [...fuck it I'm gonna push forward anyway]
Me: maybe...how about friday night?
Her: My friend is visiting this weekend [Image: sad.gif] Sorry! [Ok she's politely rejecting me. Historically I have given up and gone radio silent 100% of the time here. Given how our first date went, her wishy-washy responses bugged me. I felt like getting in one last word]
Me: alright i get it. too bad i thought we had a good time.
Her (instant response): Maybe one day next week, I had a good time! [Hm, finally some effort on her part...she could have said nothing. Could it be because I made it clear I was nexting her?]
Me: I wasn't gonna keep asking without some feedback [Image: wink.gif]. next week could work. [Terrible. I should have just said nothing]

I'll hit her up on Sunday with a "lets get drinks tues @<venue> 8pm" text. If she's into it, cool. If not, whatever.

Anyone have any tips/advice on this exchange? I kinda just hit a tipping point with girls giving me bs excuses instead of flat out rejecting me. It seems like being a little more persistent may work out for me this time, although I'm not too hopeful. Could be worth pushing forward more frequently in the future, but I don't want to be "can't take the hint" guy.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - sandman972 - 02-10-2015

Quote: (02-10-2015 05:16 PM)redonion Wrote:  

Anyone want to give me some post-text analysis here?

Backstory: I've been on one date with this girl, and it went very well. During the date she told me how she loved that I confidently asked for her number and told her the time and place of the date. I told her that I like to lead and don't play games over the phone - preferring to be blunt and direct. This led to some cool convos on social dynamics, etc. She's confident and into self-help books, so she may have an inflated sense of self-worth. I couldn't get her back to my place (not for a lack of trying) but I pulled her into an alley afterwards and secured the makeout as she waited for her uber to come. She quickly texted me after thanking me for the invite and that she had fun and that "ubers come at the worst times...". I bantered a bit. I came away very happy from this and confident on setting up a 2nd date. I'd say it was my best 1st date out of ~15-20. That was on Thursday.

Here's our text exchange since (my comments are in bold).

Me (Saturday afternoon): hey happy saturday. I'm trying to find someone to go bowling with tomorrow. wanna be my partner in crime?
Her (few hours later): Hi! Happy Saturday! Sorry I already have plans! [Not looking good. No attempt for a new time]
Me (Monday night): hey we should meet up again later this week if this snow ever stops
Her: It may never stop! [...fuck it I'm gonna push forward anyway]
Me: maybe...how about friday night?
Her: My friend is visiting this weekend [Image: sad.gif] Sorry! [Ok she's politely rejecting me. Historically I have given up and gone radio silent 100% of the time here. Given how our first date went, her wishy-washy responses bugged me. I felt like getting in one last word]
Me: alright i get it. too bad i thought we had a good time.
Her (instant response): Maybe one day next week, I had a good time! [Hm, finally some effort on her part...she could have said nothing. Could it be because I made it clear I was nexting her?]
Me: I wasn't gonna keep asking without some feedback [Image: wink.gif]. next week could work. [Terrible. I should have just said nothing]

I'll hit her up on Sunday with a "lets get drinks tues @<venue> 8pm" text. If she's into it, cool. If not, whatever.

Anyone have any tips/advice on this exchange? I kinda just hit a tipping point with girls giving me bs excuses instead of flat out rejecting me. It seems like being a little more persistent may work out for me this time, although I'm not too hopeful. Could be worth pushing forward more frequently in the future, but I don't want to be "can't take the hint" guy.

Bro read the signs. She aint feeling you. Delete and move on. No counter offer. No signs of wanting to meet up. Especially to your snow comment, and her pretty much responding by saying she hopes to never see you.

Sorry to be harsh, but no point wasting time on weak prospects. Dont give her the time of day and validation, because that's all she wants out of you.

A girl thats interested in you will give you a counter offer. A girl that likes you will open her schedule for you. A girl that likes you wont respond in such an unwelcoming way. Bottom line her tone is saying " leave me the fuck alone, cant you get what Im trying to say?"

Nexxxttt

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - ChazKGB - 02-10-2015

"I'm looking for someone to go bowling with" is where you lost her. It sounds like she was third option, or fifth. She doesn't feel special. Make the girl feel special.

For example "Hey, I want to go bowling with you. When you're free?"

Bowling isn't really good option for lot of girls, but it could work. Better to say "daydrinking, 1 hours from now." Why? Because she may like to be seen by other people her age, not hang out with families and kids bowling. Bowling is a high risk option, without matching reward.