Roosh V Forum
BANG CUBA!! White man's Paradise!!! - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: BANG CUBA!! White man's Paradise!!! (/thread-33466.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

BANG CUBA!! White man's Paradise!!! - Tenerife - 02-25-2014

Yes, it is indeed true.

Both reports are fake.

Masdinero is Patron as well. They are both trolling the forum for kicks.

BANG CUBA!! White man's Paradise!!! - lavidaloca - 02-25-2014

That's disappointing. It makes sense now why his numbers / results seemed very unreal compared to everyone else I know who has been.

BANG CUBA!! White man's Paradise!!! - Duke Castile - 02-25-2014

I feel like an asshole for taking up for patron when he was banned.

This cuba sheet had me excited but now i'm bummed. Still headed to cuba on the 3rd.

BANG CUBA!! White man's Paradise!!! - Tail Gunner - 02-25-2014

Quote: (02-25-2014 12:17 AM)Tenerife Wrote:  

Yes, it is indeed true.

Both reports are fake.

Masdinero is Patron as well. They are both trolling the forum for kicks.

If someone is really exerting that much effort to troll a forum by taking the time to write a huge fake data sheet just for kicks, then their dull and tedious life is their own worst punishment. Seriously. There is nothing worse that we could do to him that his own miserable existence does not already provide.

BANG CUBA!! White man's Paradise!!! - Big Nilla - 02-25-2014

Tenerife, so Bolthouse is Bertrand and Patron is Masdinero... is that what you're saying? How did you come to that conclusion?

Comparing pictures from the link lavidaloca posted, the bathrooms are different... different doorframe and different tile. This report is suspect, but that's why we ask questions. To fish things out.

BANG CUBA!! White man's Paradise!!! - Beyond Borders - 02-25-2014

Quote: (02-24-2014 02:30 PM)Bertrand Maverice Wrote:  

If you’re going to be outside of Havana or any of the touristy areas, you must rent a car. A car rental in Cuba is cheaper than in Canada/US and it was a total gamechanger. It seemed that the girls’ perception of me changed once I had a car. It’s not that they hit me up for money or anything, I just seemed to morph from being a tourist to someone legit in their eyes.

I could see this being a serious game hack in southeast asia too. Don't know why I never tried it.

Last night I was rolling around with some Cambodian guy in a range rover and people were stumbling over there own lips to cater to us. Going to look into renting a decent rig.

Good post overall.

Big Nila, thats just the picture I quickly found. If you look closely the tile and door frame actually appear the same. There is also the same coloured tile leading into the shower and a similar toilet paper location. I don't know if I posted the right one but I do think tenerife is correct.

Either way, a few things made me think the post was very suspect.

1) that place he stayed is exceptionally nice for cuba. By exceptional I mean exceptional. Take this as a comparison, this is seen as the highest end casa particular in Cuba. Note: there are 2 penthouses above which have private pools that rent for a 1000 a night. But this is a better comparison. This place rents for $700 a night and would be roughly 2800 feet on the Ocean. A four bedroom in that same building is currently listed for $1.3 million. http://www.cubaccommodation.com/properti...hotel=2280

Yea it's better than OP's place and in Havana. But at the claimed price it is exceptionally cheap. In Cuba you typically pay by the room unless its a Villa or exclusive apartment building at which case the price is far higher in general. At that price during that time of season if a place was that nice and that cheap it would have some guy shacked up for 6+ months snow birding. So the time of year in which he was able to get access to a place like that is very suspect.

The claimed place of stay by OP in a place like Baracoa if it were there I would guesstimate goes for actually in the 2000 or so range monthly. Perhaps 14-1500 over a long term stay of say 6+ months but both these estimates are generous.

2) The car rental. He claimed $20 a day for a car rental. That is absolutely impossible. He also mentioned the name of the company that rented it to him. A quick look at their offers and the car he rented during that time is atleast $66 / day and likely higher as it probably wouldn't be considered an "economic". That puts his car rental at 2000+

3) I can't see why someone would lie about the car rental price and the condo rental price.

4) he suggested Cuban girls dress well. In Cuba girls don't have much money. Some dress well but you'll also see a lot of poorly dressed people. Sure the hookers dress great but the average girl no way.

5) He talked about how they have great access to cosmetics and are as done up as the girls at places like LIV in Miami. Anyone whose spent 10 minutes in Cuba would see this isn't true.

6) He was bringing tons of girls to the same place in the provinces. I haven't been to Baracoa but in every place other than Havana they are strict about this. He would need them to register, it's not as though he can bring back a variety of girls to the "same place." He has pictures with 3 different girls in the same place. The exception to this is if it's an unlicensed casa which is typically cheaper...and lower quality. But take a look at that place, that ain't the type of place that needs to cut corners and not have a license. That would probably be the best place in Baracoa for rent if it were actually in Baracoa.

7) Look at the post title "White man's paradise", I don't think a serious poster would actually post something like that. It has a rather racial undertone.

8) His numbers don't add up. He went to Havana said he struggled. He spent 14 days there. That means he spent roughly 16-20 in the provinces. If he got 4 notches in Havana. That leaves him 20 days to get 16 notches. He then mentions how he could've easily had 1 a day but spent a lot of time with 2 girls.

9) He mentions tons of Canadians being in Havana...Havana is where the Europeans go. Canadians are all loaded up on all inclusives to Guadalavaca, the Cayos and Varadero. In Canada it's actually cheaper to get an All inclusive + airfare than airfare + apartment rental. Outside of parque central I honestly can't recall ever meeting a Canadian in Havana.

10) You can live great in Cuba just you can't live as OP did at anywhere near the prices he suggested. If you want to live like OP did in Cuba with car rental, equivalent accommodation, + money for all the partying and chicks, you are probably in the 6-10k a month type budget with 6 being rather tight. Drop the vehicle + great accommodations and you could live really well in the provinces on 3000 or so a month.

11) Everyone was accepting Canadian dollars? He paid his rent and car rental in it. I've never paid for anything in Canadian dollars in Cuba. Car rental prepaid online is possible I'd assume but he said he negotiated which suggests he did it in person. The government car rental people aren't negotiating in Canadian dollars.

I personally was very surprised reading through the first time and didn't criticize the OP too much originally because I didn't want to cause a scene if I was missing something and it wasn't true. However, my first thought was it seemed fishy.

If OP provides contrary evidence, I'll apologize and not post in another Cuba thread again ever.

It seems to me though he's having fun, trying to send all us guys to Baracoa. I do believe the OP has actually been to Cuba as he knew some things that someone who hadn't been or been told by someone in the know wouldn't know. For example the 20 dollar a day chauffeur in lada / moskvitch cars. That is true in the provinces.

BANG CUBA!! White man's Paradise!!! - Chaos - 02-25-2014

Goddamn this is dissapointing. This post got me also very excited about Cuba, but now..well fuck that.
Looking forward to Fistos and THC's upcoming reports from Cuba. Then we maybe get some things in comparision here.

BANG CUBA!! White man's Paradise!!! - El_gato - 02-25-2014

Ya disappointing .... Can't believe I was so gullible .

BANG CUBA!! White man's Paradise!!! - Satoshi - 02-25-2014

Here is some legit reports:
http://naughtynomad.com/2013/12/04/city-...vana-cuba/
http://naughtynomad.com/2013/10/26/sex-i...ooking-up/

BANG CUBA!! White man's Paradise!!! - Tenerife - 02-25-2014

Quote: (02-25-2014 03:56 AM)Big Nilla Wrote:  

Tenerife, so Bolthouse is Bertrand and Patron is Masdinero... is that what you're saying? How did you come to that conclusion?

Comparing pictures from the link lavidaloca posted, the bathrooms are different... different doorframe and different tile. This report is suspect, but that's why we ask questions. To fish things out.

I'm not "guessing" here. haha. I've sat at that table and drunk rum multiple times.

I'm not gonna say any more, because Bolthouse was a cool dude in person and was a helpful resource when I was in the DR. He also posted good info in the past. Patron also seems like a cool dude, but he was banned for no reason.

Thanks friheten.
Looks like the original misleading author has been banned.
I have copied my havana trip report and pasted it below . I still think HAV rules but it has to be managed well to limit the expense and hassle.....

Havana Trip Report (part II) - Playas del Este & Guanabo
Good Evening Gents,
Here is some more intel on the eastern beaches in HAV. As mentioned, in my previous posts, I prefer to use the Playas del Este as my base. I find the proximity of the beach very relaxing and one can always go into HAV or the town of Guanabo to get some more excitement. Both the Tropicoco and Atlantico offer reasonable rates for AI and you will meets lots of "like minded" fellow travellers to share intel and wing with. If you do a flight only, DO NOT rock up to the front desk for a hotel reservation - you will pay an inflated rate. Instead, hit the tourist desk inside the resort - next to the car rental desk (they are both closed Sundays). The rate will be 25% - 50% cheaper than the front desk (??? ..."es cuba"...)

Playa del Este
The beach scene is decent all year long but really picks up in March/April. There are alot of girls game to hook up - whether that is back at the hotel or in a casa particular. The cops have increased their presence dramatically and really give the girls a hard time if they get too close to the hotel. This was the case this past Dec, but I was also there in April, when the beach scene was heaving, and it seemed then an little more free and easy for the chicas. In any event, you will have to pay the doorman $20CUC to get the chica up to your room. Worth is as there is alot of quality a peak beach season. Just 200m down the road from the Tropicoco there is a restaurant near the round about where alot of girls are cruising (when the cops aren't looking.)
Further down the road there are other places to eat/sleep but I can't comment on what goes down there. Hopefully one of the members can comment on the Terraces (private apartments near Atlantico) for the goings on there.

To/From HAV
Both hotels mentioned previously have free shuttles 2x day but I could never get my act together so I always took the tourist bus into town ($5 - roundtrip). The last back into the beaches is 5 pm or 6pm - just ask the porter on the bus. Taxis into town are $20CUC (try for $15) - never had a problem getting back to beaches late at night from HAV - most taxis grateful for the fare. There is also a local bus to HAV for next to nothing but it looks packed and hot in there but could be good for interaction with the locals.

Guanabo
This is a dinky little town ($5 CUC cap ride), 10km from the playas. The village has less stress than HAV, has a bank where you can change money and some stores/bars. The town folk are pretty laid back and less money hungry than their counterparts in HAV. There are two discos there full of pros and semi-pros with some regular cubans. If you plan to pull, I would recommend renting a casa particular. I went to "disco guanabar" and had a riot. Please read my previous posts about buying chicas drinks ON YOUR OWN TERMS. By all means be generous if you want to but don't fuel their scams. In any event less hassle all around in this quaint town.

Eating in Guanabo
An Italian guy was raving about this pizza place called "El Picolo" - a real compliment indeed. I went there twice - great food, wine, service, venue and price! I also ate at "Chicken Little" nearby, excellent in the same way - try to shore the waitress there -pretty sweet!

"Check Point Chica"
Yes you can bring a girl back to the Tropicoco, pass through the police check point (paying a $5CUC bribe to the cops) and $20 to the doorman at the hotel. The chicas will not want to to this but they will do it if that is the only way to get paid that evening. I don't think a regualr cab will help you so a lada cab or other should do. The check point will look pretty intimidating and they will haul all the Cubanos out of the car and check their ID, harass the chica(s) etc...should take 15 min. The cops won't talk/bother the tourista - if they do, speak only English -this is no time to practice your Spanish. The bribe will be paid by the driver (funded by you) - DO NOT seek interaction with the police.

A Private Driver
As per my previous post, I winged with two Quebecers my last night in camp. They had a driver (named Alexey) who acted as taxi, friend and facilitator. He talked us through the check point and also drove me to the airport at 5am after a night of partying. We paid normal to below normal per trip rates, his admission into the bar but NO DRINKS. He actually bought me a couple of beers. Alexey drove me from Guanabo to the HAV airport - I negotiated $30CUC for what was an hour drive. He carried my luggage to the Air Canada desk (an talked his way past security to get to the departures area.) I was really impressed with this guy , he never asked for anything, can make things happen for his guests, and is good fun. I actually paid him
$40CUC and a pack of gum for his efforts. I will give his number out via a PM to interested members who have contirbuted to this website. Treat him well and your fun factor will be tenfold.

p.s. Alexey tried to hook me up with this attractive white girl at the disco - turned out to be one of his girlfriends! What a friend!

BANG CUBA!! White man's Paradise!!! - Cr33pin - 02-25-2014

[Image: h488C7F66]

BANG CUBA!! White man's Paradise!!! - placer - 02-25-2014

I thank the regulars here for quickly smoking out a rat. The rule is: If something seems too good to be true, check the poster's facts carefully. I'm still convinced based on the reports here that the closest thing to a Poosy Paradise for Caucasian gentlemen fluent in Spanish is Peru, if you can handle how the girls look (very native American, which is, yes, an acquired taste).

BANG CUBA!! White man's Paradise!!! - 8ball - 02-25-2014

Good find with the DR apartment.

I honestly just thought he was a sex tourist -- The only way to get those kind of #s there.

Hey Gato, a couple replies to your post.

1) Cabs from Guanabo into Havana will go for 10 CUC. That is what I pay after going from Cabaret Guanimar to Cento Havana. 15 CUC is a high price as is. (This is as of August 2013) I am pretty comfortable negotiating in spanish with taxis though and use to the hustle game. 15 CUC should be seen as a maximum (it's already gringo pricing at that point.) If you speak only english, expect 15-20 with little to no bargaining power.

-Take a look at what the taxi collectivo that fill up and go to Guanabo go for. They typically seat 8 people and charge $1 each which means they go for $8 minus their kickback to the guy directing people to their cab (5 or 10 pesos Cubano - 25 to 50 cents).

2) Airport 30 CUC from Guanabo is fine. That seems pretty standard to me. From Centro Havana, I've paid 15 and 20 at the highest. So 30 is fine especially considering in reality he has to drive all the way back to Guanabo. I think this is pretty fair.

3) The Piccolo has the best or second best pizza in Cuba (that doesn't mean much haha) but its pretty good. I personally enjoy both La Carboncita and the Piccolo for Pizza a lot. One thing about this place is they have a lot of animals they keep on site. It's actually somewhat strange the amount of animals they have and from I recall they have animals that are rather rare for Cuba. For Lazana, I enjoy La Julianna (a popular fast food joint in Barrio Chino) it's basically all Cubans eating their.

4) Guanabo is packed at a time when tourists don't go. July / August. Its outrageously hot and that's when groups of Cubans rent little houses on or by the beach. It also coincides with the Cuban vacation time.

5) Oddly enough on my first date with my current Havana gf I went to see her dance at Cabaret Guanimar...it was my first time partying in Guanabo. I had visited the beach and El Piccolo once prior. The first time I went to Cabaret Guanimar it didn't pack up. I went in June 2014. I had a great time and got loaded for cheap compared to Havana.

6) I'd be hesitant with Cuban guys who try to hook you up. As much as you may like the guy there's usually an underlying motive. 1) if it's sex for money he gets his piece. Even if you don't pay her directly, gifts and what not over time (he gets his piece) 2) if it's a relationship type deal he will continually take a piece until the relationship ends and this can go on for years and years. (I've seen it and it's pretty sad. Guys who run around with a guy who hooks them up with a girl and then continually collect money / gifts and even sex from that girl as repayment.) Many of these guys are people tourists view as their best friend in Cuba which is the saddest part of it all.

Note: I'm not saying your cab driver was doing this, but I'd be very suspicious especially in a situation like the one you outlined where he was hooking you up with one of his "girlfriends."

---this may sound strange and outrageous to many of you but talk to a true expat or someone who is deep into living in Cuba and they will probably know of this. Especially in places where tourists and hustlers are very prevalent and known. (more so the provinces as in Havana people are pretty anonymous.)

7) The prices you pay when you get bottle service will usually be higher than the true price almost anywhere in Havana. I can't tell you how much this infuriates me but it's truly rampant. I get that everyone wants to make their keep but I consider it offensive when I get a bill for 7 year Rum to the tune of 81 dollars when I can see the price listed as 40 dollars. Sometimes, they will drop the price a bit after arguing but it really depends. When I'm alone I can easily get the price down to somewhere near its true price. I.e. if it's 40 dollars, I'll get it down to the 45-50 range. When I'm not alone and with a group of guys it really becomes a shitshow. They look at a bunch of foreigners and think 5 dollars a head, no biggie. It's the concept though. I don't like being cheated whatsoever on any dealing be it over 1 dollar or 100k. (The overpricing is prevalent in Havana. It isn't everywhere so you have to use some discretion. Over time you should get an idea what things should cost.)

Direct to other posters
1) Fisto and THC will do very well there, they've done well everywhere else, its shouldn't be a surprise when they do very well in Cuba. I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see numbers of bangs similar to what was reported in this report on a per day basis. (it's apples to oranges though, a huge number by 2 guys who are killing it everywhere isn't really determining for the average poster.)

Questions to Gato..
1) Do you not get bored in Guanabo...I'm not sure what the heck I'd do during the day, going to the beach is fun and all but not sure I could just do that every day!

Thanks for the post lavidaloca !
You are a good negotiator . I generally cave too easy - that 5 or 10 CUC I could have saved can go a long way in cuba. I will check out Carboncita next time - food tips always welcome in cuba. I have never done bottle service before but have seen locals do it - I think best to look at the price list at the bar and confirm before ordering.
My driver in HAV was probably getting kickbacks but he never pressured or suggested things. I assume anytime you with a cuban they will get a cut somehow. Whatever he got - he was worth it since he got the girls past the police checkpoint. Got an email from the driver lately - apparently he has a wife too - wonder how much it cost to bang her?
P. s. I usually stay at the Tropicoco and go in to Guanabo at night. I also rent a casa in HAV thurs to Sunday for logistics. Best of both worlds - campo y ciudad!

BANG CUBA!! White man's Paradise!!! - rcraig33hb - 03-09-2014

I just stumbled on this thread!

Some of the guys in the Pattaya forum wanted info on Cuba and I sent them the details below. Been to Cuba 8 times! Will be in Philippines/Thailand next month and back to Havana in June.

I agree w/ the notes from El_gato & Lavidaloca. If anybody needs something more details, that can be provided plus I have contacts if you need. Here is my contribution...pretty much a copy/paste of what I wrote to the other guys on the Pattaya forum:

Location, location, location!

1) Location

Varadero - Stay far away from this city! It's simply a beach resort w/ tons of Europeans and Canadians. You will get little to no action here

Havana - This is the top choice! There are many pockets in old Havana, New Havana and the out skirts where you can have a great time w/ sexy women!

Old Havana - This is a busy spot w/ old architecture. I personally don't like it. You can check the pics online.

New Havana – I sometimes stay here since I can get easy access to the action

Outskirts - Many other pockets provide opportunity for cheaper cost BUT you have to know where to "look". I often stay in a casa in Barreras, Guanabacoa. This is 5k from Hotel Tropicoco. Closed off upper floor with 4 clean bed rooms. Very peaceful area and the BEST home cooked meal since the home owner is a chef and cooks w/ fresh ingredients! They now how to play the "game" extremely well and will get you what you want!!!! Very nice people.

Santa Clara - A good choice if you have some experience w/ Cuba since it is a smaller town and I was floored by how 95% of the women here were young and just stunningly sexy. Very cheap cost compared to Havana

Cienfuegos - My 2nd choice outside of Havana! Here is where I saw the sexiest woman on the planet (this is according to my taste in women). Very cheap cost compared to Havana!

2) Lodging

Hotels - I would proceed w/ caution on this choice since you have to pay a guest fee. I did this last April. Actually, the week prior, Jay-Z and Beyonce were in my hotel. They got flack from the Pres for visiting. :-)

Anyways, hotels are great BUT they don't have the guest friendly approach like here in Pattaya!

Resorts - Not recommended.

Private House - The term they use and when you Google it is called, "Casa Particular"! It is a house designed for private use. Some will allow you to rent the whole house, others rent just the rooms and provide separate entrance. I recommend this approach. Make sure you inquire if guests are allowed...most will say yes but always ask prior. Most also have maids that can make you breakfast or dinner for cheap cost. The food in a Casa Particular is 10x better than any hotel in Cuba. Breakfasts is usually 2 CUC.

3) Currency

CUC - Convertable Peso's. They used to solely rely on the U.S. dollar but changed things up over 8 years ago and created the CUC for tourists.

4) Women

White Cuban - VERY SEXY!!!

Spanish Cuban - VERY SEXY!!!

Black Cuban - VERY SEXY!!!

Working Women - Speaks for itself.

Non Working Women - These are just regular girl not in the trade. I recommend this since it will be easy for you to get a regular girl and discuss "whatever"!!!. It isn't over saturated like it is here in Thailand which is the great appeal in my eyes!

5) Women

There is a place "Salon Rojo", as soon as you walk in, 20-30 super hot women will approach you!

Outside Havana
NOTE: A good spot is Club Guanimar which is in Guanabo! Good number of local women show of and they can be picked up. There are working girls there with their pimps. I avoid them! PLEASE do not buy them drinks!

Santa Clara - Good spot!

Cienfuegos - Good spot!

6) Cost of Casa Particular

New Havana - $35 per night

Outside Havana - $20-$25 per night

Santa Clara - $2o per night

Cienfuegos - $20 per night

Hope this helps! I would watch out for Cuban men since they will want to find you women...which is nice but there is a "service fee". You don't need them. I dropped the ball once and saw a 10/10 stunner but her pimp jumped out of the darkness and in order to hook up with her, I ended paying the “pimp”, the cab driver, and the casa

Cuba is super safe. I have had many men try to befriend me on the street and when the cops see this, the Cuban men get arrested! They are not supposed to interact with the Tourists...this includes women as well BUT they girls will treat you as their foreign boyfriend which is the way around it.

I would do some serious research on this. If you plan on going for 2 weeks, I would suggest staying 1 week in New Havana and 1 week outside Havana.

The system in Cuba is more "hush hush" where in Thailand it is very open!

If i could get 25% Korean women, 75% Cuban women and place them in a Thailand "system"....i would be a happy man! :-)

In case you stay in New Havana and get overwhelmed & must get some enjoyment on your 1st night, this is what you do:

1) Tell the Cab driver to take you to a place called "El Conijito". This means the Rabbit in EN. This is a restaurant on one side and bar/pub on the other. Located in New Havana off of La Rampa (La Rampa is a major street & is like the Time Square in New Havana)
2) Once you get in the bar area and sit down, within moments either a women will walk in the doors and approach you OR the bouncer will chat w/ you and arrange for a selection of fine women to come so u can take a look
3) The girl will ask you to buy her a drink. I have no idea what it is with women and there need for free drinks. If with regular women in Canada this is annoying
4) You will soon negotiate and have a chat
5) Preferable if your staying in a Casa Particular close by otherwise, she will offer a place. The bouncer may also want something as well.

Rented Room is $35 or less. This is why it makes sense to rent a nice Casa for your trip. If using a Hotel, it will cost you $50 for a guest
Cab Ride - $5 or less to your place

NOTE: The infamous "Salon Rojo" is just 2-3 minutes from El Conijito so you can always ask the cab driver to take you there first.

Hope all of this helps!

BANG CUBA!! White man's Paradise!!! - Merenguero - 03-09-2014

It may be time to lock this one up. There are already multiple informative Cuba threads that are not troll threads.

BANG CUBA!! White man's Paradise!!! - lavidaloca - 03-09-2014

The poster above me has good knowledge...I don't think he realizes the forum rules prohibit talking about p4p. I think you should modify your post quickly and pm members with the p4p information who ask for it.

Your information overall is accurate.

How did you like the Saratoga?

By new Havana you have left it pretty wide open what you mean. The locations in which you talk about in your post suggest you are talking about the Vedado area. There is also the Nuevo Vedado (new vedado) area. Although if you are simply talking about newness of homes and surroundings then you are probably talking about Miramar / Siboney as those are the 2 most upscale areas.

BANG CUBA!! White man's Paradise!!! - rcraig33hb - 03-09-2014

Quote: (03-09-2014 08:53 PM)lavidaloca Wrote:  

The poster above me has good knowledge...I don't think he realizes the forum rules prohibit talking about p4p. I think you should modify your post quickly and pm members with the p4p information who ask for it.

Your information overall is accurate.

How did you like the Saratoga?

By new Havana you have left it pretty wide open what you mean. The locations in which you talk about in your post suggest you are talking about the Vedado area. There is also the Nuevo Vedado (new vedado) area. Although if you are simply talking about newness of homes and surroundings then you are probably talking about Miramar / Siboney as those are the 2 most upscale areas.

Sorry, post has been edited!

Saratoga was overrated and a bad call on my part. I had a much better time in Tryp Habana Libre since I love the convenience of the top floor night club Turquino!

Yes, the Vedado area. Right off La Rampa. I prefer that area since I like to hang out on Hotel National and sometimes chill at the square on Sat night since it is very lively!

I will be staying in Barreras, Guanabacoa in June. Can't wait!

You'll have a blast there I'm sure.

For reference the area you are referring to is classified as Vedado. Once you pass the university you are back in Centro Havana generally speaking.

I've been to all the places you mentioned in your report minus El Conejito. I've passed by it many times.

They recently reopened Hotel Capri. I went and had a drink there at 1030 one evening in one of the first nights it was open. I My girl and I were the only people there and they had a full staff plus group of vocalists. It was a really chill place but doesn't have the swank vibe you'd expect from a place formerly run by the mob.

Cienfuegos is certainly the most beautiful in terms of architecture. It's a place I'd love to spend more time in for sure.

Yea, I wouldn't think it would be worth it. For the price you pay for a room there, you could rent for a week a decent place. The one thing about Cuba that irks me is there really is no reasonably priced luxury housing. I.e. 3 or 4 bedroom villas.

You get your standard 35 dollar a night places in Vedado and then you jump to 400 dollar a night places. There really isn't any middle ground and the 400 dollar a night type places are laughable compared to the quality. They are basically the $35 a night places with 3 more bedrooms + pool.

What square do you mean?

I like the Hotel Nacional for the pool. 15 / 10 (15 entrance + 10 consume)

I haven't been to the Turquino. I was of the impression that it was basically a place without Cubans and just foreigners there.

If anyone is curious here's the site with current listings of property available for sale legally to foreigners. The Cuban government has allowed several buildings to be built exclusively for foreigners. A foreigner generally speaking can't purchase a home outside of specific buildings that are made for foreigners. (Exceptions for diplomats, married with Cubans, Cuban Children, Permanent Residents, Businesses, etc.) These listings are open to all foreigners.

The price compared to what you receive is lousy in my opinion.

They also smoke you on property tax + HOA fees. One of the units listed at 250,000 would cost about $8,000 between Maintenance + tax. Meanwhile in the market which Cubans buy and sell home this tax / maintenance doesn't exist.

http://www.point2cuba.com/features/for-f...aderanchor

BANG CUBA!! White man's Paradise!!! - Tail Gunner - 03-09-2014

Quote: (03-09-2014 10:58 PM)lavidaloca Wrote:  

If anyone is curious here's the site with current listings of property available for sale legally to foreigners.

Dang! Who would be stupid enough to buy property in a communist country? I can foresee the Cuban government repeatedly selling the same property to different foreigners just for the influx of foreign currency. Cuba has a million man army -- on an island.

[Image: wtf.jpg]

Quote: (03-09-2014 11:04 PM)Tail Gunner Wrote:  

Quote: (03-09-2014 10:58 PM)lavidaloca Wrote:  

If anyone is curious here's the site with current listings of property available for sale legally to foreigners.

Dang! Who would be stupid enough to buy property in a communist country? I can foresee the Cuban government repeatedly selling the same property to different foreigners just for the influx of foreign currency. Cuba has a million man army -- on an island.

I agree 100% with you. I just posted it because its outrageous. The prices should be somewhat in line with a place like DR but they aren't. They are charging Miami rates for properties with sub par finishing.

630,000 for a 1100 square foot waterfront condo? In Cuba?

I had a guy offer me a place for 7 or 800 dollars (it was a shack) but on a beach in a small small town.

The taxes on that place would be ridiculous as well. It would be about 13,000 in property tax and im sure the maintenance fees are another 1000 or so a month. Probably is 25,000 a year just to own that place. For reference an income of 25,000 a year in Cuba probably puts you in the top 0.1% when comparing to Cubans not expats / part-timers.

It really is laughable and the one thing that is really off putting for me about Cuba. I don't mind the really overpriced vehicles. http://www.cubisima.com/carros/ (A very used BMW 5 series will sell for about the same as a 360 Modena in the US). But the fact that they don't sell any reasonable priced housing is ridiculous to me. Even in the Cuban market while its drastically cheaper the properties are priced way beyond the quality you receive.

One day I'd like to own a nice property in Cuba, simply because I love being there.