Roosh V Forum
Why do men get married? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Why do men get married? (/thread-23995.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Why do men get married? - Kingsley Davis - 05-18-2013

Quote: (05-18-2013 06:39 PM)ghostdog Wrote:  

Lets face it, after 50 you won't be getting crazy pussy without a lot of money.
Then you have 20 years to be totally alone and watch your friends die one by one.
Every 18 year old you look at or hold the door for will think of you as that creepy old dude.
There will literally be nothing to live for at that age if you don't have children or grandchildren.

Paging Privateman and Tenderman100. Besides, there's always http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-14464....ht=cougars

Why do men get married? - Gmac - 05-18-2013

Quote: (05-18-2013 06:56 PM)gamepadawan Wrote:  

Quote: (05-18-2013 06:47 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

Not all women are like the ones guys like to criticize on here. If you find the right one, you'll know why men choose to get married.

no I think they are, one mans cum dumpster is another mans future wife

That's a cop out, not all chicks ride the cock carousel.

Anyway, I'd be willing to bet at least 95% of the posters here get married or at least settle down in the end. Whoever said it first got it right, "loneliness" and "wanting a family" are the answers.

Why do men get married? - cardguy - 05-18-2013

I like the YouTube video of the toy being sent to space linked to earlier.

Along similar lines I think this is quite a moving video:

I do appreciate kids - but I never have enough time to do all the interesting shit I want to do (I think having an interest in intellectual subjects helps in this regard). So - there is absolutely no way I will ever have kids. Of course - it will be interesting to hear from anyone who later changed their mind after being sure they never wanted to have kids...

And an earlier poster made an interesting point about how your interest in sex starts to decline as you get older. Which kinda' makes me wonder why men don't just shack up with their best friends instead? Since that too would be a relationship in which the sex was not part of the equation.

I am joking of course - but the logic kinda' holds...

Why do men get married? - ghostdog - 05-18-2013

Quote: (05-18-2013 06:59 PM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  

Then you have 20 years to be totally alone and watch your friends die one by one.
Every 18 year old you look at or hold the door for will think of you as that creepy old dude.
There will literally be nothing to live for at that age if you don't have children or grandchildren.

Paging Privateman and Tenderman100. Besides, there's always http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-14464....ht=cougars
I hope they can prove me wrong.
Cougars alone would not make life worth living for. They're decorated dead uteruses.
Age 30-50 you lose a lot of your friends when they get married off, so you can only be friends with players. How many old dudes in the clubs are cool people who you'd want to befriend like an RVF poster, and how many are total human waste?
I know that I will not make a lot of money during my life, because I'm into a minimalist lifestyle. At age 50 my looks will start to go and my game will only take me so far. I would need crazy money to get young women. At age 60 the reaper will circle my house patiently waiting. Any friends I have will surely start to die, and that's what life will be, just watching people die.
No young grandkids to take to the park. At best screwing subpar non-fertile females. Not like screwing young females completes your life the way a child would, but it's pretty good, somewhat like a drug. After 50 you have no choice but to start using a subpar supply.
It's strange how the sexual revolution made both women and men forget that procreation is the only point of life.

Why do men get married? - worldwidetraveler - 05-18-2013

Quote: (05-18-2013 07:15 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

Anyway, I'd be willing to bet at least 95% of the posters here get married or at least settle down in the end. Whoever said it first got it right, "loneliness" and "wanting a family" are the answers.

It's a easy way to feel good about your decision not to marry.

I also think many guys marry because they are tired of putting in the work to bang women. When I got older, I started getting focused on other things and sometimes I start to dread the idea of having to go through the special olympics to get laid.

Of course, the reality of marriage isn't pussy on demand. I wonder if people would still make the same decisions knowing the reality of things instead of the fantasy.

Why do men get married? - worldwidetraveler - 05-18-2013

Quote: (05-18-2013 07:20 PM)ghostdog Wrote:  

I hope they can prove me wrong.
Cougars alone would not make life worth living for. They're decorated dead uteruses.
Age 30-50 you lose a lot of your friends when they get married off, so you can only be friends with players. How many old dudes in the clubs are cool people who you'd want to befriend like an RVF poster, and how many are total human waste?
I know that I will not make a lot of money during my life, because I'm into a minimalist lifestyle. At age 50 my looks will start to go and my game will only take me so far. I would need crazy money to get young women. At age 60 the reaper will circle my house patiently waiting. Any friends I have will surely start to die, and that's what life will be, just watching people die.
No young grandkids to take to the park. At best screwing subpar non-fertile females. Not like screwing young females completes your life the way a child would, but it's pretty good, somewhat like a drug. After 50 you have no choice but to start using a subpar supply.
It's strange how the sexual revolution made both women and men forget that procreation is the only point of life.

You must be a young guy. Thanks for the laugh though. I am sure Tenderman is sleeping soundly with the reaper at his doorstep. haha

Is it possible to make yourself immune from Romantic Love?

I am convinced I am no longer capable of falling in love. It is weird - but once I can deconstruct something in my mind - it no longer has any power over me. A bit like being unable to be fooled by a trick whose workings you have figured out.

And romantic love - to me - is one of those things...

Why do men get married? - poutsara - 05-18-2013

For a lot it's to have kids. A legacy. I think you need a wife to make that happen the right way with the stability.

Why do men get married? - gamepadawan - 05-18-2013

Quote: (05-18-2013 07:27 PM)poutsara Wrote:  

For a lot it's to have kids. A legacy. I think you need a wife to make that happen the right way with the stability.

yeah american marriages are the pinnacle of stability for children

Why do men get married? - Gmac - 05-18-2013

Quote: (05-18-2013 07:23 PM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

It's a easy way to feel good about your decision not to marry.

I also think many guys marry because they are tired of putting in the work to bang women. When I got older, I started getting focused on other things and sometimes I start to dread the idea of having to go through the special olympics to get laid.

Of course, the reality of marriage isn't pussy on demand. I wonder if people would still make the same decisions knowing the reality of things instead of the fantasy.

Good point. If a guy gets married because he thinks he's getting pussy on demand he's doing it for the wrong reason.

My take on why former players do it has nothing to do with outside pressure, but rather:

*Financial/Life Stability
*Children/Family
*Partnership

The guys who don't understand or desire the partnership aspect will probably never settle down. Though I can't really say since I'm not married, I think a lot of players see a lot of the terrible marriages their friends are in and think "that's not for me, you'd have to be stupid to get married" and compare it to prison. Well, until they find the right chick. The key is to keep running that game and be smart with your big life decisions and you will always be in control. Don't ever let a woman get the upper-hand on you.

If I didn't have to work - I could imagine having a wife and kids.

But - I just cannot bear dealing with people after being at work all day. I need all that time to do the shit I wanted to do when I was at work.

Quote: (05-18-2013 07:18 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

I do appreciate kids - but I never have enough time to do all the interesting shit I want to do (I think having an interest in intellectual subjects helps in this regard). So - there is absolutely no way I will ever have kids. Of course - it will be interesting to hear from anyone who later changed their mind after being sure they never wanted to have kids...

How interesting can "things" be that they overpower your desire to have a kid?
People who are really into intellectual subjects get swallowed in them. They're eccentric and usually live strange lives. Same thing happens to artists. I can understand that.

This feminist dystopia would like you to spend your life watching Tv, playing video games, buying shit, maybe traveling, and having meaningless sex.

My desire to have kids has always being pretty small.

And my desire to learn interesting shit has always being very high.

Added to the fact - that I have to spend alot of my time doing mundane shit (like working, sleeping, eating) before I even get a chance to do my cool stuff. So - for me - it will always be an easy choice to make. Since so much of my time is taken up already.

As for the list you gave. I don't shop (except for food and books), I don't travel, I don't play video games and I don't have a TV. We all have our passions and mine is trying to learn some of the fascinating stuff that is out there before I die.

The world is such an interesting place.

Imagine you had a time machine - and you could travel 10,000 years into the future.

Once you were there - would you settle down with a wife and kids.

Or would you spend alot of time learning about all the interesting stuff that had being discovered (and had happened) over the previous 10,000 years? I would do the latter. As would most others...

And - to me. I have a similar reaction to the world as it is today. I feel sorry that people don't get a chance to learn about some of the fascinating stuff that is out there (artistically, scientifcally and intellectually) before they die.

But there is no right or wrong. I totally respect those who decide to go down the family route. It is not something I could do since I wouldn't want to make a life-long commitment to something I might easily regret within a couple of years.

Why do men get married? - gamepadawan - 05-18-2013

Quote: (05-18-2013 06:56 PM)gamepadawan Wrote:  

Quote: (05-18-2013 06:47 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

Not all women are like the ones guys like to criticize on here. If you find the right one, you'll know why men choose to get married.

no I think they are, one mans cum dumpster is another mans future wife

marriage rate is already declining and is expected to go as low as 50 percent, I doubt everyone here gets married, but it doesn't change what I said, one mans trash is another mans treasure, as long as there are betas anyway

Why do men get married? - Lemmo - 05-18-2013

I think you'd have had to royally fucked up your life if by the age of 50 you are so lacking in a career, social life, hobbies, etc. that horniness and boredom would have driven you to the depths you describe. If you try putting a 19 year old's brain in a 50 year olds body, he is going to look ridiculous. By that age, a guy has other interests - maybe kids and family, maybe something else - and takes care of sex through an LTR, flings with cougars, hookers or moves to the 3rd world. If you are just going into marriage out of fear of loneliness, horniness, death, age, etc., you are doing it for the wrong reasons and can look at many examples of married and divorced guys for proof.

When I was 8, I couldn't imagine being so old that I wouldn't want toys for Xmas and it seemed like a horrible life. But my interests changed and I'm not sitting here in my 30s crying over the absence of He-man figurines under the Xmas tree.

Quote: (05-18-2013 07:29 PM)gamepadawan Wrote:  

It's not impossible.

What happens here is that the bad women are so in your face they block your view of potential wife material.

It's like when you're in public and see an obnoxious child, and then think all children are brats. but you rarely notice well-behaving kids.

At worst, find a foreign wife and settle down. It will be interesting to see if Roosh goes in that direction.

Quick sidetrack...

I liked the 'toy going into space' video linked to earlier. But - it reminds me of something.

I am English and am very close to my Dad. Yet - my Dad literally did ZERO cool things like that linked to in that video. The closest was being taken to a football match once a year.

I am not complaining, by the way.

Instead - I am wondering if there is a different style of parenting between English and American fathers?

With the emphasis in America of doing 'projects' and spending 'quality time' with your kids? It seems to be a theme which is very dominant in most of the commercials I see on American TV.

Quote: (05-18-2013 07:44 PM)Lemmo Wrote:  

I think you'd have had to royally fucked up your life if by the age of 50 you are so lacking in a career, social life, hobbies, etc. that horniness and boredom would have driven you to the depths you describe. If you try putting a 19 year old's brain in a 50 year olds body, he is going to look ridiculous. By that age, a guy has other interests - maybe kids and family, maybe something else - and takes care of sex through an LTR, flings with cougars, hookers or moves to the 3rd world. If you are just going into marriage out of fear of loneliness, horniness, death, age, etc., you are doing it for the wrong reasons and can look at many examples of married and divorced guys for proof.

When I was 8, I couldn't imagine being so old that I wouldn't want toys for Xmas and it seemed like a horrible life. But my interests changed and I'm not sitting here in my 30s crying over the absence of He-man figurines under the Xmas tree.
You wouldn't have to be severely depleted in friends or a career to be miserable at 50 and onwards.
Think about it, several decades down the line women will make even more money so it will take even more money to impress them. An average career will not do shit for you to help you bang 25 year olds.
Friendship options go down a lot with age. That's natural. People with families are mostly friends with other people with families.
Fucking cougars will not be satisfactory. I fuck fertile women now and it doesn't complete my life, it's just enough to get by.
Paying for prostitutes wouldn't feel the same either. You will never see the drive in their eyes, the pure desire.
Will hobbies keep you invested in life? What can really be that interesting if you're not an astrophysicist or musician or something?

The only way to be satisfied at 50 is to
a)have lots of money
b)be married with kids

Why do men get married? - Thatdude - 05-18-2013

I'm definitely planning on having a wife and kids in the future

Why do men get married? - MattW - 05-18-2013

Quote: (05-18-2013 07:29 PM)gamepadawan Wrote:  

Marriage is necessary but not sufficient. In other words, not all marriages are stable but basically all stable couples are married.

Why do men get married? - Timoteo - 05-18-2013

Quote:Quote:

And an earlier poster made an interesting point about how your interest in sex starts to decline as you get older. Which kinda' makes me wonder why men don't just shack up with their best friends instead? Since that too would be a relationship in which the sex was not part of the equation.

I am joking of course - but the logic kinda' holds...

It isn't that men's interest declines with age - it's women's interest that declines, and men have to suffer through it. Granted, men may encounter certain physical problems, but those are more a matter of function, not desire. J. Howard Marshall, the wheelchair-bound octogenarian that Anna Nicole Smith suckered into marrying her, met her in a Houston strip joint. He couldn't fuck anymore, but he still wanted titties smushed in his face and had someone wheel him into the strip joint so he could enjoy himself. Hugh Hefner is another example. All those older dudes flocking to the Philippines are examples. Dudes in the old folks home trying to grope nurses aides. Whether they actually can or not, most men want to fuck until they die. Some stop trying for a variety of reasons.

Why do men get married? - xsplat - 05-18-2013

Quote: (05-18-2013 05:58 PM)LEMONed IScream Wrote:  

I think that the concept of fucking around during 20's and 30's then marry at 40 to a 20 years younger girl from FSU or some area alike , to have kids and all that, at least to me it seems fairly attractive, this TAKING INTO ACCOUNT that you WANT to have kids.
Having kids is, for me, the only valid reason to getting married.

Lonely? Friends, dog, family!
Sex? Even less, go out, approach, if you can't heck, get a hooker!

How old are you now? My bet is that once you are forty you'll still feel very young. Too young to settle down for the very long term.

At least that's my Peter Pan experience at late forties.

One of the best threads on this forum was about people's marriage.

For those interested:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-16883-...88839.html

Quote: (05-18-2013 05:58 PM)ghostdog Wrote:  

To have healthy kids.

Marriage or primitive mating are the options, and primitive mating really turns society to shit, with bastards running all over the place.

Don't forget cuckolding.

I could see myself having several children to good mothers and fathers.

Quote: (05-18-2013 06:26 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

To be perfectly honest, I could never even consider seriously dating a woman who didn't believe in marriage and family. To me that's the essence of what a woman is all about.

Does that feeling come from a physical and emotional attraction to a mate and creating those strong lifelong bonds with a mate, or does it come from an attraction to the attendant lifestyle, or does that feeling come from a less emotional place, such as a philosophical stance?