Roosh V Forum
Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? (/thread-20601.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Crash_Bandicoot - 08-14-2018

I have been to many, many shitholes all over South America and Asia. Heck, a lot of my travel revolves around going to shitholes and having adventures.

Out of all the places I have been to, Paramaribo (the capital city of the country Suriname in South America) is possibly the biggest shithole I have ever encountered. This place is the definition of a 3rd world shithole.

Terrible infrastructure, extremely depressing feeling, crumbling buildings and dirt everywhere, everyone seem pissed off, and loads of homeless people harassing people on the street. This place was so much of a shithole that I didn't even want to leave my hostel after a few days because I was just getting depressed walking around.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Cation - 08-15-2018

Quote: (08-14-2018 02:05 PM)Pride male Wrote:  

Why cant people thow their trash in bin and hire a garbage collector?

Why would they do that, when they don't mind the trash?

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Redcrus - 08-15-2018

Quote: (08-14-2018 05:33 PM)Longshanks Wrote:  

Sofia, Bulgaria.

What was so bad?

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Cation - 08-15-2018

Quote: (08-15-2018 02:01 PM)Redcrus Wrote:  

Sofia, Bulgaria.

What was so bad?

Yes, I would like to know as well.

I hate it when guys just write the name of the city and then put zero examples/experience.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Fillip - 08-19-2018

Dakha, Bangladesh

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - lakesideboss - 08-19-2018

grande prairie alberta

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - BIS - 08-20-2018

Quote: (08-15-2018 04:17 PM)Cation Wrote:  

Sofia, Bulgaria.

What was so bad?

I hate it when guys just write the name of the city and then put zero examples/experience.

Technically, Longshanks is probably right, it's the biggest shithole that HE has visited. That doesn't mean it's a real shithole though. I've lived there for 2 years, and I wouldn't dare to call it that. There are areas with ugly, depressing commie buildings, yes.
- But quite a big part of the city is nice. I lived in one of the beautiful gated communities with swimming pool. And in the areas a little more up the mountain (Sofia is almost entirely surrounded by mountains) you almost feel like in Switzerland. This is where a lot of the richer people live (villas with garden).
- The water quality is good, but the air quality is quite bad though.
- Lots of clubs.
- Cheap to live (rent, eating out, clubbing, car insurance,...)
- Fantastic summers, but usually cold winters too.
- It's also super easy to make friends there.
- Bulgarian is very hard to learn if you don't speak any other Slavic language, but a lot of the under 40 Bulgarians speak English.

I only left because of business reasons.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - bucky - 08-20-2018

Any other votes for Tegucigalpa, Honduras? Probably not as bad as some of the hell holes a lot of you have experienced in Africa and India, but it's the worst I've seen. Just a huge, filthy, crime ridden slum built on mud hills for the most part. Pretty cute girls though, so at least it has that going for it.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - bucky - 08-20-2018

I've never heard anything good about Haiti.

On the other hand I love El Salvador. Been there on a few surf trips and the beaches are gorgeous, as are the girls, both local and the European tourists. The capital is nice too. Clean and modern, as opposed to Tegucigalpa, Honduras which is a giant run down slum and probably the worst place I've seen in my travels.

Yeah, I suppose El Salvador is dangerous but it seemed to be more in the sense that if you use common sense and don't walk around drunk you'll probably be fine. I never had any trouble.

Edit: this was in reply to someone who has never been to either place speculating that Haiti and El Salvador are shitholes. Quote didn't come through for some reason.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - scrambled - 08-21-2018

Quote: (08-20-2018 12:23 PM)bucky Wrote:  

On the other hand I love El Salvador. Been there on a few surf trips and the beaches are gorgeous, as are the girls, both local a

More details... the beaches near San Salvador like Sunzal? Or did you stay in the Capitol itself? Are the girls darker "Peruvian" style or more europeanized Colombian?

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Longshanks - 08-21-2018

Quote: (08-20-2018 09:47 AM)BIS Wrote:  

Quote: (08-15-2018 04:17 PM)Cation Wrote:  

Sofia, Bulgaria.

What was so bad?

Technically, Longshanks is probably right, it's the biggest shithole that HE has visited. That doesn't mean it's a real shithole though. I've lived there for 2 years, and I wouldn't dare to call it that. There are areas with ugly, depressing commie buildings, yes.
- But quite a big part of the city is nice. I lived in one of the beautiful gated communities with swimming pool. And in the areas a little more up the mountain (Sofia is almost entirely surrounded by mountains) you almost feel like in Switzerland. This is where a lot of the richer people live (villas with garden).
- The water quality is good, but the air quality is quite bad though.
- Lots of clubs.
- Cheap to live (rent, eating out, clubbing, car insurance,...)
- Fantastic summers, but usually cold winters too.
- It's also super easy to make friends there.
- Bulgarian is very hard to learn if you don't speak any other Slavic language, but a lot of the under 40 Bulgarians speak English.

I only left because of business reasons.

Highest pollution I've ever been subjected to (and I've been to China) and horrible commie buildings everywhere. The mountain backdrop is nice but it's the worst place I've been from 40+ countries.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - bucky - 08-21-2018

Quote: (08-21-2018 08:14 AM)scrambled Wrote:  

Quote: (08-20-2018 12:23 PM)bucky Wrote:  

On the other hand I love El Salvador. Been there on a few surf trips and the beaches are gorgeous, as are the girls, both local a

More details... the beaches near San Salvador like Sunzal? Or did you stay in the Capitol itself? Are the girls darker "Peruvian" style or more europeanized Colombian?

Yes, Sunzal is the beach I went to on my surf trips. Can't recommend it enough. Very friendly locals, and a good place to surf whether you're a beginner as I was or pretty experienced like my buddy I went with. I never stayed in the capital, but it seemed nice and guys I know who are into nightlife enjoyed it.

Never been to Colombia, but Salavadoran girls were darker skinned, yet seemed to have a little more European blood than in Honduras and Guatemala. Full point prettier on average too, from what I saw. Not quite as prettier or as light skinned as what I saw in Costa Rica, but still not bad at all.

In short, El Salvador seems like a place that stays off the beaten path because of its bad reputation but is actually a lot of fun if you just use common sense and don't stupidly put yourself at risk. I haven't even seen that much of the country, but were I still a single guy I'd definitely go back.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - BaatumMania - 08-23-2018

Tbilisi

Even though 60% - 90% of people look white / European it looked like a war zone. I saw a lot of caved in buildings. Cars that were torched and nobody can be bothered to remove them. A lot of stray dogs barking at and occasionally biting people. The biggest malls were smaller than suburb American malls. Beggers on the city transit train from Azerbaijan / Armenia that would scream for money and even rough handle people. Some American woman got her blood tested and she had lethal levels of lead (from breathing in the air pollution).

Still that doesn't stop weird SJWs and NGOs from America coming here with a savior complex.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Trumps Intern - 10-20-2018

San Francisco

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Aquarius - 10-20-2018

Probably the Westside of Atlanta, followed by Bangkok as a whole.

Westside is just what you expect for an gang-controlled black ghetto in America. Bangkok is just a clusterfuck of traffic jams, scamming tuktuks that puts your life on the line with their driving on the wrong side of the road, scamming taxi drivers who put your life on the line with their driving on the airport freeway, and beggars missing limbs.

The best city I've been? The center of Moscow. The recently done (and still ongoing) facelift of the city center's infrastructure, coupled with the speed new restaurants open, make it one of the best and most vibrant (in the good way) places in Europe.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - zamfir112 - 10-21-2018

Cambodia and some parts of Manila

Cambodia hands down the worst country ive ever been

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - asiaslayer - 10-21-2018

^ Care to elaborate on Cambodia

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Dr Mantis Toboggan - 10-21-2018

Afghanistan. Didnt game there, though.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - zamfir112 - 10-21-2018

Quote: (10-21-2018 07:36 AM)asiaslayer Wrote:  

^ Care to elaborate on Cambodia

most girls are p4p
the most corrupt country in SEA,police take bribes all the time,even in border crossings they ask you for a tip
the infastructure and roads are all bad,a lot of plotholes etc
the people are annoying,beggars everywhere
the killing fields is the most miserable place ive ever been
you pay everything in USD,decent western meals will cost you 10 to 20 dollars in a clean decent restaurant,wich is far more expensive than thailand or vietnam
so many things to list why cambodia sucks

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - TheKongoEmpire - 10-21-2018

Quote: (10-20-2018 08:27 PM)Aquarius Wrote:  

Probably the Westside of Atlanta, followed by Bangkok as a whole.

Westside is just what you expect for an gang-controlled black ghetto in America. Bangkok is just a clusterfuck of traffic jams, scamming tuktuks that puts your life on the line with their driving on the wrong side of the road, scamming taxi drivers who put your life on the line with their driving on the airport freeway, and beggars missing limbs.

The best city I've been? The center of Moscow. The recently done (and still ongoing) facelift of the city center's infrastructure, coupled with the speed new restaurants open, make it one of the best and most vibrant (in the good way) places in Europe.

And they're off!

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Mess O. - 10-24-2018

One of those board & care places in Norwalk, CA. I suppose that's settin' the bar pretty low, but my God, what a toilet that was.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - RavenBlack - 10-24-2018

Quote: (08-23-2018 04:48 PM)BaatumMania Wrote:  

Tbilisi

Even though 60% - 90% of people look white / European it looked like a war zone. I saw a lot of caved in buildings. Cars that were torched and nobody can be bothered to remove them. A lot of stray dogs barking at and occasionally biting people. The biggest malls were smaller than suburb American malls. Beggers on the city transit train from Azerbaijan / Armenia that would scream for money and even rough handle people. Some American woman got her blood tested and she had lethal levels of lead (from breathing in the air pollution).

Still that doesn't stop weird SJWs and NGOs from America coming here with a savior complex.

Not such thing as White/European, its only the trademark word for Amerimutts. Most developed countries in Europe are not inhabitated by georgian looking people (darker featured caucasus looks).

Also, lol at white americans complaining about shitholes when the whole of US bar a couple of Big cities is a huge shithole itself...boring flat monotonous buildings all over the place.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Pride male - 10-24-2018

Someone once wrote that Argentina is a shit hole. Is it like Lagos Nigeria?

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - BobLeFlambeur - 10-24-2018

Honestly I find parts of the US- like bum fuck Florida or Iowa- to be the singularly most depressing places I’ve ever visited.

At least with legit shitholes in 3rd world countries there’s a sense that they are doing the best they can and often they’re very enthusiastic about life.

In Murika a lot of these shitholes i refer to are completely void of culture, peppered by the same things all over (Walmart, 7-11, Denny’s) , there’s jack shit to do; and yet the sense is that there SHOULD be prosperity. Isn’t it the greatest country in the world?! So then bitter disillusionment turns into drugs and/or Trumpism.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Savonarola - 10-24-2018

Quime, Bolivia.

Nobody knows it, not even Bolivians. A tiny flyspeck town an hour and a half drive (by shitty taxi) over a mountain range from the nearest two-lane paved road. These people haven't seen outsiders in years. I stayed in a "hostel" that had apparently been built by an expat American, a NatGeo photographer with a penchant for pedophilia. At least that was our guess. He had fled the country suddenly a year earlier. It was one extra bedroom, plus the caretakers.

In town (population 2000) there was only two or three options to eat-- a woman with a baby on her tit who used her bare hand to drop a chicken breast into a pot of boiling oil. I ate it at a plastic table next to a dirty hole in the floor at my feet. It remains the worst meal of my entire four decades.

It was a relief to get out hiking in the gorgeous surrounding mountains. Nature was way better.

On my way out of town, two days later, a fat old woman looked at me and said, in Spanish obviously, "You are never going to return."

She's right.

I wanted an adventure, and I got it.