Roosh V Forum
"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: "Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime (/thread-72193.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime - TigOlBitties - 03-26-2019

This isn't that surprising. Chicago (and Illinois) is run by corrupt, incompetent retards, who are voted in by retards.

So glad to be out of that shithole. Let it continue to rot, like all left-wing cities and states.

"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime - saner - 03-26-2019

Quote: (03-26-2019 12:10 PM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

On the upside the only real victim is civil patience which is hemorrhaging good-will badly every time shit like this happens.

More, please. And faster.

A nice thought but I think you give the mouth breathing masses too much credit. Even my two very well educated and generally logical friends are showing the same memory rot that seems to be epidemic. Near as I can tell they started getting 'soundbite/headline memory' about the time smartphones became prevalent.

If you ask them to detail what happened in three or four weeks, their brains will have distilled the last several months down to 'He was not guilty'. Anything that does not align with their internal soundbite/headline will be dismissed as conspiracy theory or gay hatred. They are fully captured by the manipulators.

"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime - eradicator - 03-26-2019

That seems odd. The DA didn’t say they had a weak case or didn’t think they could win, but rather they figured the sentence would be light so better to drop the charges.

As for the federal charges, I’m sure the feds will see to it just after they finished bush looking into Hillary’s emails

I just realized, the Chicago PD worked on this case for weeks. 10000 doesn’t even cover the costs for Jussie’s hoax

"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime - Brother Abdul Majeed - 03-26-2019

This is the ultimate pussy pass.

"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime - eradicator - 03-26-2019

"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime - saner - 03-26-2019

If anyone would like to review the story.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/jussie...-timeline/

edit:

Just read this article. It is not possible to read it without sensing the vast scale of corruption that has happened behind the scenes. At least for me.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/?post_type=...&p=2087184

----------
The move by the state’s attorney’s office had many attorneys in the hallways of the Leighton Criminal Court Building scratching their heads. What Foxx’s office characterized as winding up the case under “deferred prosecution” laws appeared to be the State’s Attorney’s Office simply dropping the charges little over a month after he was charged.

Dave Gaeger, a defense attorney in the courtroom during the Smollett hearing, said he was shocked and surprised by what he heard. Smollett was not required to perform additional community service, avoid further charges for a set period, or fulfill any other conditions to have the charges dropped, and turning over his bond money to the city was not described as “restitution” or a fine.
----------

----
Emanuel ripped the decision to drop charges against Smollett.

“This is without a doubt a whitewash of justice, and sends a clear message that if you’re in a position of influence and power, you’ll get treated one way, other people will be treated another way,” Emanuel said. “There is no accountability in the system. It is wrong, full stop.”

Ed Wodnicki, the 18th District police commander who oversaw the investigation, called the decision to drop the charges “a kick in the gut.”

He said the $10,000 in bond forfeited by Smollett “doesn’t come close” to covering the cost in resources and manpower to probe the heater case that drew national attention.“I think the citizens of Chicago should be upset about that,” Wodnicki said.

“We wasted time and effort on a reported serious, serious crime, to get to the point that it’s a lie? I want reimbursement. I’m a citizen in the city of Chicago. I want my money back,” he said.

“We were absolutely prepared to go to trial. We were rock solid. We were excited to have this case prosecuted,” Wodnicki said.
-----------

"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime - debeguiled - 03-26-2019

Second City Cop Blog wastes little ink:

http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/2019/0...-sale.html

Quote:Quote:

Justice for Sale

And it's cheap, too.

$10,0000.

And you get to pretend to be the victim, too.

Labels: un-fucking-fucking-believable

"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime - Wutang - 03-26-2019

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/juliebosman/status/1110590957664288768][/url]

Tweet above and the tweets following that has the state attorney's reasoning for not pursuing the case further.

"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime - Foolsgo1d - 03-26-2019

Thats some nice corruption you got there America. Lends more credibility to the notion of $$$ before justice.

"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime - MKE-Ed - 03-26-2019

This really goes to show that if you’re gay and wealthy you can get away with just about anything. Someone had to lean on the Cook County DA to drop the charges big time. This is politically motivated and this should be reviewed by a higher legal authority. Even Chicago’s mayor Rahm Emmanuel, a big liberal democrat, stated that it’s was a “whitewash of justice” when asked about this today.

I can't wait to see how he spins it that a straight white guy would have had this easier than he did.

Not counting him out.

He's an actor.

He will weep sincere tears over how he has been victimized.

"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime - nomadbrah - 03-26-2019

Chicago is the real Gotham City isn't it?

"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime - Dismal Operator - 03-26-2019

I suspect Emmanuel is only pissed because it's a mainstream story, transcending politics into the realm of Normie Entertainment, and furthermore the entire country knows full well that it's a hoax. As such he's thinking of the big picture, and didn't want to apply the standard Cook County Corruption so nakedly in front of that huge audience. Probably would have preferred to make him plea guilty and sentence him to no jail time and a big fine or something along those lines. Now, it's become yet another red-pill moment for the masses.

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1110572827340619779][/url]

"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime - AneroidOcean - 03-26-2019

Quote: (03-26-2019 11:44 AM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  

The bond is / was $100k...not $10k. I know normally a person can get a bondsman to put up the entire bond for 10% fee but that doesnt change the amount of the actual bond.

In other words he forfeited the $100k Thats cheap for 16 felonies with 45 years potential prison exposure

Not that that matters.

This is some world class bullshit

While I agree that the actual bond is $100k, I haven't seen the amount he is forfeiting as anything but the $10k number, including this article from the Chicago Sun-Times referencing purported dialogue from the police commissioner overseeing the debacle:

Ed Wodnicki, the 18th District police commander who oversaw the investigation, called the decision to drop the charges “a kick in the gut.”

He said the $10,000 in bond forfeited by Smollett “doesn’t come close” to covering the cost in resources and manpower to probe the heater case that drew national attention.“I think the citizens of Chicago should be upset about that,” Wodnicki said.

“We wasted time and effort on a reported serious, serious crime, to get to the point that it’s a lie? I want reimbursement. I’m a citizen in the city of Chicago. I want my money back,” he said.

“We were absolutely prepared to go to trial. We were rock solid. We were excited to have this case prosecuted,” Wodnicki said.

"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime - Belgrano - 03-26-2019

[Image: 3b1632f0f0a8e224e7ee9771f68f402e6615b8d8...3e80b0.png]

[Image: 994a7f6af4f34495f33cd356e4a7bcf0c8ed1122...cbdda6.png]

[Image: 9f40cf76e5fa3ec6266196d8618158fa5d1db894...aa338f.png]

[Image: 8ab88e7f6491551741d6e19616f2f4a197c87445...45688a.png]

A Look At The 'Dark Money' Behind Kim Foxx's States Attorney Campaign

In the highly contentious Cook County State's Attorney race, each candidate has their funding bases. Incumbent Anita Alvarez has Chicago's "old-boy power support" behind her, according to the Better Government Association—City Council's most powerful alderman, Ed Burke; Illinois's last true political boss, Michael Madigan; various associates of former Mayor Richard M. Daley. (She's also accepted over $25,000 from at least 60 of her employees.) Donna More is largely self-funding her campaign, as well as tapping into the Republican donor network. And Kim Foxx is working her political patron Toni Preckwinkle's connections; many of the largest donations to her campaign fund are from unions.

But Kim Foxx has also found two other sources of cash, in the form of twin $300,000 donations to a Super PAC supporting her called Illinois Safety & Justice. The sole donors to the PAC are neoliberal superdonor and conservative-boogeyman George Soros and a "dark-money" group called Civic Participation Action Fund. A Super PAC is a fundraising group, created by the 2010 Supreme Court Citizens United decision, that can raise as much money as they want for any candidate or cause—as long as they don't coordinate on any level with political campaigns, which have much smaller campaign limits.

Soros is a notorious liberal donor—he dropped $20 million on the 2004 election, and recently donated $8 million to a leading pro-Hillary Super PAC, as well as put up $5 million to increase Latino voter turnout. But according to Illinois Sunshine, a database of State Election Board filings maintained by the Illinois Campaign for Political Reform, this marks the first time Soros has entered into a political race in Illinois—ever. (Though he has been intervening in local District/State's Attorney's races with increasing regularity, donating over $400,000 in a Caddo Parish, Louisiana, nearly the same amount in Mississippi last year alone.)

Soros's presence in this race "really speaks to fact that Super PACs have become very influential in Illinois races, especially this cycle," according to Sarah Brune, the executive director of the Illinois Campaign for Political Reform. A request for comment to Soros's Open Society Foundations went unreturned by press time.

The sole other donor to Foxx's Super PAC is the Civic Participation Action Fund, which, like Soros, has never made a donation in an Illinois race before. CPAF is a 501©(4), a special kind of nonprofit organization that at once doesn't have to disclose its donors and can conduct political activity. They are frequently referred to by campaign finance reform advocates as "dark money," since it is usually unknown where the actual funding comes from. The 2010 Citizens United decision set off a spark of 501©(4) donations nationwide, and they are a key component of Governor Bruce Rauner's stated plot to take away the Democratic supermajorities in the Illinois General Assembly.

Dark money is "certainly something that's become much more pervasive," said Brune. "[Dark money groups] can be even more frustrating than the Super PAC because you're not able to access information on the donors.… It's not something that we enjoy seeing. It's just really troubling to voters when they can't see who is donating to their candidates. Not all donations are a bad thing, but if someone's going to contribute to a candidate for public office, they should understand that they're attempting to influence the outcome of a race for public office, so their contributions are gonna be made public."

Civic Participation Action Fund, according to its website, is a five-year project dedicated to advancing "racial equity, economic opportunity, and civic engagement" and will cease grant-making this year. On its website, it also states that it doesn't fund anything "overtly partisan" (maybe since everyone in the race is a Democrat, a State's Attorney's race doesn't count), anything that involves "institutional or core support for organizations," which is pleasantly meaningless (and also, what is the State's Attorney's office if not an organization?). In an op-ed published by the Chronicle of Philanthropy, the Fund's director, Steve McConnell, said that being organized as a "dark money" group allows the fund to "support a much wider range of advocacy and electoral activities that are issue-based, nonpartisan, and not coordinated with candidates or political parties than it could have as a foundation required to follow Section 501©(3)," a more traditional nonprofit structure. A request for comment to CPAF went unreturned.

University of Illinois at Chicago professor Dick Simpson says it's "unusual" to see out-of-state donors get involved in local races like this, though he noted that a little over half of the campaign contributions Mayor Rahm Emanuel raised between 2010 and 2015 were also from outside of Chicago.

Simpson says it's "obvious" that the donors' intentions are to oust Alvarez, who has been vilified by progressive media outlets in the for her handling of the high-profile Laquan McDonald police shooting case. He also noted that the Super PAC's current endowment of $600,000 is enough to have "serious effects on the race."

Outside of the Illinois State Board of Election's ruling that Foxx's use of a Preckwinkle-funded poll broke state rules and fined the campaign almost $20,000, the topic of funding has been largely overlooked during the campaign, though there are clearly lots of other issues to look at. In the most recent Tribune poll, Alvarez was beating Foxx by seven points.

"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime - Jetset - 03-26-2019

Quote: (03-26-2019 02:35 PM)AneroidOcean Wrote:  

While I agree that the actual bond is $100k, I haven't seen the amount he is forfeiting as anything but the $10k number

In Illinois, you post the 10% directly with the state as surety for your release. The other 90% becomes due if you abscond. Bail bondsmen were abolished.

Quote: (03-26-2019 02:22 PM)Dismal Operator Wrote:  

I suspect Emmanuel is only pissed because it's a mainstream story, transcending politics into the realm of Normie Entertainment, and furthermore the entire country knows full well that it's a hoax. As such he's thinking of the big picture, and didn't want to apply the standard Cook County Corruption so nakedly in front of that huge audience.

Don't forget that Emmanuel's wife and the Michelle Obama aide who was leaning on Foxx are practically brunch buddies.

"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime - Buck Wild - 03-26-2019

Quote: (03-26-2019 02:14 PM)nomadbrah Wrote:  

Chicago is the real Gotham City isn't it?

More than you know---The Dark Knight was filmed there.

"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime - Sp5 - 03-26-2019

I never thought he'd go to jail, but a dismissal without an admission to sufficient facts is a shock to me. I don't know Illinois criminal procedure though.

"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime - RatInTheWoods - 03-26-2019

Sadly, not a huge surprise, is it?

"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime - Handsome Creepy Eel - 03-26-2019

So they're dropping the case because "he would have only gotten community service anyway".

How the fuck do they know what he would have gotten?

"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime - PapayaTapper - 03-26-2019

Quote: (03-26-2019 02:57 PM)Sp5 Wrote:  

I never thought he'd go to jail, but a dismissal without an admission to sufficient facts is a shock to me. I don't know Illinois criminal procedure though.

Apparently to having high profile friends and sucking dick is the definition of Chicago jurisprudence

"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime - Sp5 - 03-26-2019

Just a thought about criminal practice here.
Scores of cases go to trial in Cook County every day, I'm sure.
Hundreds of people summonsed out of their normal lives to jury duty, waiting to be seated in a jury or dismissed.
Witnesses are subpoenaed, police come into court. Evidentiary motions and jury instructions drafted. All routine.
Drunk driving, drug sales, shoplifting, robbery, rape, credit card fraud, domestic assaults. Every working day.
A trial isn't that fukin big a thing.
It's not like these prosecutors haven't taken much more inconsequential cases to trial.
Up the judge to impose sentence anyways - and everyone knows there's a penalty to taking it to trial if you're found guilty.

"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime - Sidney Crosby - 03-26-2019

Should have taken it to trial and at bare minimum a plea deal beforehand, fucking ridiculous. Now we all have look at his smug face talking about how he's innocent.

I hope the majority of people still realize how obvious it is that he planned everything.

Quote: (03-26-2019 03:00 PM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

So they're dropping the case because "he would have only gotten community service anyway".

How the fuck do they know what he would have gotten?

If they can make a crime disappear, seeing into the future should be no problem.

"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime - Disco_Volante - 03-26-2019

They had to drop it, the hoax goes all the way up to Corey booker and kamala harrris who planned this to push their "anti lynching" bill.
All the evidence wouldve knocked out two dem presidential candidates and they couldnt have that.