Roosh V Forum
Anybody here own a firearm? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Anybody here own a firearm? (/thread-23927.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Anybody here own a firearm? - Dulceácido - 12-31-2017

LMFAO! That was good.

Anybody here own a firearm? - polar - 01-01-2018

To get this thread back to what really matters, here are some reference images:

Chest rig done right. WIUC (would inspect up close)
[Image: fcaa9930426a54d8a31a94458953dc4b.jpg]

Chest rig gone bad. WBM3IS (would blast my 2 1/2 inch shell)
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=43&d=1296413201]

Proper trigger discipline. WBWOPE (would bang without protective equipment)
[Image: 13167325_1775968752636939_1140980631_n.j...53D%253D.2]

Proper "bug-in" equipment. WGHSPA (would give her some pump action)
[Image: fb_img_1493083302505-jpg.259081]

How to celebrate a good deal on ammo. WSMC (would spend my casings)
[Image: fb_img_1493082880607-jpg.259113]

Tacticool mall ninja. WBICFR (Would bang in Cabela fitting room)
[Image: tumblr_mmbpx90uaa1qzmrwlo1_500.jpg]

How not to hold a handgun. WGHMLW (would give her my loaded weapon)
[Image: 45124.jpeg]

Shooting prone. WSHL (would shoot hot loads)
[Image: hot-semi-nude-girl-shooting-sniper-rifle-529x350.jpg]

Patrol Bae. WBHP (would breach her perineum...err, perimeter)
[Image: girls_with_guns_E1rj8lf1o1_540.jpg]

WDAW/WWH6...ATIT (would defend America with / would watch her 6...and tap it too)
[Image: gungirl17.png]

Anybody here own a firearm? - Leonard D Neubache - 01-01-2018

The FiveSeven proved to be an extremely capable manstopper at Ft Hood.

Just sayin'...

Anybody here own a firearm? - John Maynard - 01-07-2018

The theory behind the 5,7 is to make a pistol bullet fly at riffle velocity.
I'm also curious which kind of ammo the killer used, since there are many types of them (AP, HP, V-max, etc.).

Anybody here own a firearm? - Dulceácido - 01-07-2018

Anybody here own a firearm? - TravelerKai - 01-09-2018

Quote: (01-07-2018 11:51 AM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

I got to shoot one of those before. It's jaw dropping cool.

Anybody here own a firearm? - sterling_archer - 01-09-2018

Why doesn't special forces use this? I can't imagine anything better for covert ops than this.

Anybody here own a firearm? - Leonard D Neubache - 01-09-2018

Because subsonic bullets travel roughly 5 feet before they hit the ground (exaggeration, but only a little).

There's also a question of stopping power when it hits, especially at range. Large, slower rounds like these absolutely need some sort of mushroom effect or other expansion technologies that are against the rules of war (or so I hear). Fine for deer hunters, not for Navy Seals. Go figure.

Even if you have proper hollow point hunting rounds they still have a very limited distance before the speed drops off and expansion is not guaranteed, God forbid you need to penetrate some sort of cover.

Ballistics is half in the hands of science (the round exiting the gun) and half in the hands of God (what did I end up having to shoot, through what, in what wind, at what distance).

The chambering might make a good choice for door to door stuff against guys with no body armour. I don't know. I'd sure hate to be fighting out past a few hundred yard with it, though.

p.s. Note that it's quiet but not ridiculously so. The camera wont pick up really loud noise but you can hear a slight echo of the report coming all the way back from the tree-line.

And this is all hunting experience, besides. I'm open to correction.

Anybody here own a firearm? - SlickyBoy - 01-09-2018

Quote: (01-09-2018 06:12 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

p.s. Note that it's quiet but not ridiculously so. The camera wont pick up really loud noise but you can hear a slight echo of the report coming all the way back from the tree-line.

If that echo is the noise from the bullet traveling downrange, I wonder if its really subsonic ammo he thinks he's using. The noise would be the bullet breaking the sound barrier (hence the term, subsonic), so I would not expect to hear anything if it were truly subsonic ammo.

I've fired an M4 with a Gemtec can while in the military using regular green tip. The gun itself is quiet, but with regular ammo I could still hear the crack of the bullet echo downrange. Still effective for some types of work, yes.

Hollow points are frowned upon by the Hague convention but they've always had a few for special purposes, and they are getting less and less squeamish about using them in spite of what the Hague convention may request.

Anybody here own a firearm? - Dulceácido - 01-09-2018

The trigger group resetting is louder than the report of the rifle.

Anybody here own a firearm? - sterling_archer - 01-09-2018

Now, if we take all these things into consideration, could VSS Vintorez really be considered a quietest rifle? I see that constantly, like it's a fact but since I don't have experience with guns I don't get it. Anyone can shed a light on this matter?

I have a .300 blackout SBR and it will hold 1 MOA at 300 yds shooting subsonic ammo. There's really no need to use subsonic ammo in normal combat, as Leonard pointed out, though. It's basically just used for sentry elimination or shooting dogs. Spec Ops doesn't use .300 blackout. For sentry elimination we have the H&K MP 7.

Anybody here own a firearm? - SlickyBoy - 01-09-2018

Quote: (01-09-2018 11:29 AM)sterling_archer Wrote:  

Now, if we take all these things into consideration, could VSS Vintorez really be considered a quietest rifle? I see that constantly, like it's a fact but since I don't have experience with guns I don't get it. Anyone can shed a light on this matter?

Just another example of using a suppressor with a subsonic round, in that case the 9x39. I'm not sure if it's ever been tested and proven to be THE quietest, though. There are plenty of suppressed .22 rimfire rifles equally quiet, to say nothing of this suppressed .308:

Anybody here own a firearm? - Leonard D Neubache - 01-09-2018

The trouble is that without professional recording equipment the highs and lows of the sound are automatically going to be dampened/increased by the recording device.

Obviously when you take a video on your phone of a gun going off you're not going to need earmuffs when you play it back. If these suppressor channel guys were serious they'd buy a basic decibel meter or at least get an app for their phone that did close to the same job.

Quote: (01-09-2018 11:45 AM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

I have a .300 blackout SBR and it will hold 1 MOA at 300 yds shooting subsonic ammo. There's really no need to use subsonic ammo in normal combat, as Leonard pointed out, though. It's basically just used for sentry elimination or shooting dogs. Spec Ops doesn't use .300 blackout. For sentry elimination we have the H&K MP 7.

That would be an impressive feat.

As another aside, I wish these guys making these videos would have the sense to use shoot'n'see targets. It's not like they cost a million bucks a unit.

Yeah, the MP7 replaced the MP5-SD, which shot 9mm. It's the quietest weapon I've seen. You can really only here the action of the weapon.

But in addition to that, it was so hard to maintain. So, poof.

Anybody here own a firearm? - MOVSM - 01-17-2018

That looks like it hurt.

[Image: 25498019_1559310937494593_70668884568767...98x700.jpg]

Anybody here own a firearm? - SlickyBoy - 01-17-2018

Wow - looks like maybe a 9mm or a .380.
Must have been a ricochet for it not to penetrate all the way into his nugget. Guy's lucky as hell.

EDIT - Just saw where they said it was a .45. Still looks a bit small for that, but ok. And he was shot in the head while wearing a motorcycle helmet. Must have been some shitty ammo and/or he got lucky from the angle of the shot and resistance of the helmet.

Anybody here own a firearm? - MOVSM - 01-18-2018

.264 USA lives! CTTSO Releases Solicitation for .264 USA Rifles, Carbines, PDWs.

I am somewhat confused by the use of the 108 grain 6.5mm bullet--it's kinda light for the caliber, and for long distance you want a heavy bullet, around 140gr.

[Image: 4ZXao9c.png]

Anybody here own a firearm? - SlickyBoy - 01-18-2018

Read that article and those specs will be a tall order out of an 11.5 inch barrel, but apparently someone thinks it can be done.

Once again, you can see they're worried about how the ladies might handle it (if they ever do):

"Given that the round is 80% more energetic than 5.56mm from the same barrel length, the recoil requirement in particular seems like a major challenge for any vendors interested in bidding."

Anybody here own a firearm? - Adonis - 01-18-2018

Quote: (01-18-2018 02:04 PM)MOVSM Wrote:  

.264 USA lives! CTTSO Releases Solicitation for .264 USA Rifles, Carbines, PDWs.

I am somewhat confused by the use of the 108 grain 6.5mm bullet--it's kinda light for the caliber, and for long distance you want a heavy bullet, around 140gr.

Maybe they wanted a light/fast ballistic profile in order to induce higher fragmentation of an FMJ projectile out of a short bbl?

A lighter bullet would also give a lighter recoil impulse.

Perhaps a combination of factors.

Anybody here own a firearm? - MOVSM - 02-02-2018

Calling all black guys here--what this cultural appropriator says, is it true?

Anybody here own a firearm? - ShotgunUppercuts - 02-03-2018

Black guy here.from ehat he said i can say teo of those things true.

Multiple guns and infinite ammo

I went to throw slugs at some clay disc one day and right before i bought bulkets this white dude i never seen before said

"Ya grtting some bullets"

"Yea man"

"Nah,follow me"

We went outside to his suv and he opened his back door .i swear to bob there were boxes of bullets neatly stacked from the floor of it to the top of the fucking ceiling .couldnt see the other door from the inside of the car.

He gave me about 6 boxes for free and told me to have a good day. [Image: smile.gif]

Anybody here own a firearm? - SlickyBoy - 02-19-2018

Exactly the kind of retarded "support" we don't need. WTF is this idiot thinking?

Quote:Quote:

There is a Presidents’ Day sale on bump stocks, the device the Las Vegas shooter put on his rifles. Slide Fire Solutions, a bump stocks manufacturer, is offering 10% off with the coupon code MAGA.

That’s a salute to the campaign slogan of President Donald Trump, who promised to “Make America Great Again”, and who has responded to the deadly massacres in the past five months by continuing to oppose any new gun control laws.

“#HeresToFreedom,” the company wrote in a marketing email announcing the sale.

Before the Las Vegas shooting, which left 58 people dead and hundreds injured, bump stocks were an obscure range device popular with firearms enthusiasts.

The accessory makes semi-automatic rifles fire faster, mimicking the rapid fire of fully automatic weapons. Firearms experts say they have no self-defence value, since they make guns very hard to fire accurately.

After the Las Vegas shooting, the National Rifle Association and Trump’s White House expressed some openness to further restricting, if not banning, a dangerous device used in the worst mass shooting in recent US history. Despite early signs of bipartisan support for a bump stock ban in Congress, the effort fizzled out. A handful of states and cities, including Massachusetts and New Jersey, have passed local bump stock bans.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Slide Fire’s choice to use the president’s campaign slogan as a marketing tactic. It did not comment on whether the White House now supports or opposes further restrictions on bump stocks.

A few days after the shooting, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said the president was “open” to a conversation about what to do about bump stocks and similar devices. “We would like to see a clear understanding of the facts.”

Slide Fire did not immediately respond to an email and a phone call seeking comment on what message it was trying to convey by using President Trump’s slogan as a marketing device. The small company, based in Moran, Texas, touts its American-made products.

If the company had been forced to close after the outrage following the Las Vegas shooting, “It would hurt the whole town, the school. We pay a very large amount of property taxes,” Slide Fire founder Jeremiah Cottle, an Air Force veteran, told the Dallas Morning News in early October. The newspaper reported that the bump stock manufacturer had once employed about a 10th of the town’s entire population, and that it remained one of the area’s largest employers.

Anybody here own a firearm? - General Stalin - 02-19-2018

Relevant video for some explanation on what a bumpstock is, how it works, and what the effect is:

Coming from a gun owner and enthusiast who hunts and shoots for recreation, my perspective is that this device is designed "for fun" to throw onto a rifle and put ammo downrange real fast. Purely for recreation with no real practical application.

The design and how it operates I think clearly is just taking advantage of a loophole of how machine guns/fully-automatic weapons are defined by the government. Technically you are not holding the trigger down and firing rounds in succession with a single trigger pull - the design of the stock makes it so you are still "pulling" the trigger with each individual shot, just that recoil of the gun makes it so you don't need to move your finger. The trigger presses against your finger instead of your finger pressing against the trigger.

Should these be illegal? Well, from where I'm sitting it does seem like these devices undermine the NFA and subsequent regulations. That said, I also don't think it matters. If someone with a gun wants to kill people, is there a legitimate difference or issue with whether he/she can fire 100 rounds/second or 300 rounds/second?

I say just add bump stocks and other fully-auto-like workarounds to the NFA items list.

Anybody here own a firearm? - SlickyBoy - 02-19-2018

True - and I mostly agree. But in light of the news, those asshats offering "MAGA" discounts on them are about as tone deaf as anyone can get. Even Planned Parenthood doesn't promote Mother's Day discounts for chrissakes.