Roosh V Forum
Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? (/thread-20601.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Pride male - 08-12-2018

Are the people in these shit holes comfortable living in shit holes?

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Atomic Lush - 08-12-2018

It can be challenging to look at the world through some one else's eyes. Some people just accept their fate. For instance, in a neighborhood in Tijuana, a dead body was found in the water supply. No one seemed to mind too much. How do you explain that?

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - rottenapple - 08-13-2018

Quote: (08-12-2018 12:07 PM)Pride male Wrote:  

Speaking for myself, as one of the members who has lived and is living in comparison in a lot more shitholes than the average person here, in various parts of Africa and South America, no it is not comfortable. It is even often very uncomfortable in many ways.

But not all decisions I believe should be made in order to be (more) comfortable. I sometimes deliberately take decisions which will decrease my comfort, which is why I end up in these places. It is a matter of philosophy and of what you are willing to do to achieve personal growth.

Most people are not willing to do anything to achieve personal growth if it decreases their comfort, which is why most people are losers. For me the most important factor is what can I learn from it and how will it affect me as a person and prepare me for the future. I say the most important factor, but obviously not the only factor. It would be reckless to not consider personal safety, social contacts, health and indeed comfort at all. Every man has to decide where his limit is and what he is willing to accept to become the man he wants to be.

There is a whole big gap between the man who receives his unemployment benefits every day and spends his days watching Netflix or novelas while eating junk food and a man that goes into the absolute hellholes sacrificing himself in the present time for his ideals.

But taking into account the total population of men, it is not in the least a normal bell curve we are talking about. Most people choose comfort above all and few choose discomfort for personal growth, so if you are willing to choose that direction, expect others to generally be envious of you and your path and don't think you will get a lot of support. You are the outlier, the only thing you can do is find others, for which this forum is an excellent place. But your rewards will come as time passes.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - the-dream - 08-13-2018

There's something to be said about the lack of comfort of living in a shithole that just makes you feel alive, in a great way.

I guess it's something about seeing people living so primitively that brings out the animal inside you and puts your survival instincts on full blast. In a strange way, you feel at one with the world and humanity in a way that you'd rarely feel in a developed place.

There are of course many obvious downsides to living in a shithole but that is one of the few upsides.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - BelyyTigr - 08-13-2018

Mumbai. The stench of diesel. People taking a dump in the street, then pulling their trousers up without even wiping their arses! Needless to say, unlike my cat, they didn't even bury their shit. Huge rats. Lepers poking their stumps into my taxi. Street kids of 5yrs of age being hit with sticks by cops. People spitting on the floor as they chopped vegetables in the kitchen of restaurants (pretty prestige ones too).Beggars trying to sell me "spirograph art" or polish my TRAINERS in the hotel.

You might be surprised but I actually really enjoyed my time there (apart from the above). Some really nice (locals and visitors) people, and a fascinating place. But phew it was utterly filthy. But its sad when people talk about Mumbai as some model of economic growth for the world. Its growing partly because its part of some globalist "race to the bottom" ie ever cheaper more compliant labour.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - tycotacos - 08-13-2018

Quote: (01-13-2018 07:26 AM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

Obviously you've never been to Africa. Djibouti is the worst place I've ever been.

yea, I agree, lived there for a year. Think of how much worse it'd be if the chinese weren't building everything over there.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Pride male - 08-13-2018

Funny thing is Gandhi used to criticise blacks for being dirty people. He said the problem with Indians is that they work too hard.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Going strong - 08-13-2018

Quote: (08-13-2018 07:02 AM)rottenapple Wrote:  

a man that goes into the absolute hellholes sacrificing himself in the present time for his ideals.

I, too, sometimes travel to "absolute hellholes", but it is either for (abundant) pussy or (occasional) business opportunities (and say, a modest 5% for the lure of adventure). I have therefore no idea what "ideals" you are talking about, that you find worth saving in hellholes.

Matter of fact, my ideals are just the opposite, as they involve saving civilized places and preventing hellholes from spilling over.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Super_Fire - 08-13-2018

Quote: (08-13-2018 09:14 AM)the-dream Wrote:  

There's something to be said about the lack of comfort of living in a shithole that just makes you feel alive, in a great way.

I guess it's something about seeing people living so primitively that brings out the animal inside you and puts your survival instincts on full blast. In a strange way, you feel at one with the world and humanity in a way that you'd rarely feel in a developed place.

There are of course many obvious downsides to living in a shithole but that is one of the few upsides.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - 2 Cool 4 U - 08-14-2018

I haven't traveled outside of the U.S. but,

the Tenderloin area in San Francisco, and Los Angeles. There's so much homeless and poverty. Plus most of Los Angeles is rundown.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Bienvenuto - 08-14-2018

Quote: (08-13-2018 09:15 PM)Super_Fire Wrote:  

Quote: (08-13-2018 09:14 AM)the-dream Wrote:  

Was in Nairobi in the 90s with the wire mesh all around the bar counters and glue sniffing kids and people fighting with rusty cudgels (it was like something from the original total recall),
Freetown Sierra Leone just before the ebola outbreak,
up by the border with South Sudan where guns and fatal car crashes were a part of everyday life (and where I opened my front door one smokey dawn to find a naked tribesman taking a shit on my door step - right on top of my hovering boot),
parts of Soweto where people got off the bus and crossed 6 lanes of motorway traffic before finding their hole in the barbed wire fence right next to their tin shack.

All those places all felt pretty amazing at times as a visitor. (I mean they are shitholes for those that live there)

London is a shithole - Ive lived there for years and seen it go down.

I hear all the time that Port Moresby is the ultimate shithole given the fact that, like El Salvador, you cannot venture out of a building onto the road pretty much anywhere as its so dangerous - the national rugby league team have to hide inside their national stadium after training until their bus comes in to pick them up.
Hardest drinking expats as well apparently..

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - rottenapple - 08-14-2018

Quote: (08-13-2018 06:25 PM)Going strong Wrote:  

a man that goes into the absolute hellholes sacrificing himself in the present time for his ideals.

I, too, sometimes travel to "absolute hellholes", but it is either for (abundant) pussy or (occasional) business opportunities (and say, a modest 5% for the lure of adventure). I have therefore no idea what "ideals" you are talking about, that you find worth saving in hellholes.

Matter of fact, my ideals are just the opposite, as they involve saving civilized places and preventing hellholes from spilling over.

Well, first of all, you travel to these places, while I live in em for a substantial amount of time. It would be normal that we have different reasons to go there. It makes a big difference as for you it can be a novelty visit for a short time, with some discomfort, while for me I will have to adapt mentally and physically to the place and culture, understanding that I will not leave on a short-term most likely.

But I was not referring to ideals of savings these 'hellholes' in the sense that you think, more in the sense of exactly what I explained in my post; challenging myself on a personal level and not accepting comfort at young age, so my personal ideology rather than what you assumed I was talking about. I do not believe these places will be saved on the short term and if they were, it will not be because of whatever I do there.

The following statement "Matter of fact, my ideals are just the opposite, as they involve saving civilized places and preventing hellholes from spilling over." implies that you already know my ideals and that they are contrary to yours, don't make such assumptions based on the little text I wrote.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Stonk - 08-14-2018

Lagos, Nigeria. I live there. Biggest shithole ever.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Super_Fire - 08-14-2018

Quote: (08-14-2018 03:07 AM)Bienvenuto Wrote:  

London is a shithole - Ive lived there for years and seen it go down.

Agree, wholeheartedly.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - rottenapple - 08-14-2018

Quote: (08-14-2018 03:43 AM)Stonk Wrote:  

Lagos, Nigeria. I live there. Biggest shithole ever.

A datasheet on Lagos would be really interesting!

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Pride male - 08-14-2018

Why cant people thow their trash in bin and hire a garbage collector?

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Johnnyvee - 08-14-2018

Speaking for myself, as one of the members who has lived and is living in comparison in a lot more shitholes than the average person here, in various parts of Africa and South America, no it is not comfortable. It is even often very uncomfortable in many ways.

But not all decisions I believe should be made in order to be (more) comfortable. I sometimes deliberately take decisions which will decrease my comfort, which is why I end up in these places. It is a matter of philosophy and of what you are willing to do to achieve personal growth.

Most people are not willing to do anything to achieve personal growth if it decreases their comfort, which is why most people are losers. For me the most important factor is what can I learn from it and how will it affect me as a person and prepare me for the future. I say the most important factor, but obviously not the only factor. It would be reckless to not consider personal safety, social contacts, health and indeed comfort at all. Every man has to decide where his limit is and what he is willing to accept to become the man he wants to be.

There is a whole big gap between the man who receives his unemployment benefits every day and spends his days watching Netflix or novelas while eating junk food and a man that goes into the absolute hellholes sacrificing himself in the present time for his ideals.

But taking into account the total population of men, it is not in the least a normal bell curve we are talking about. Most people choose comfort above all and few choose discomfort for personal growth, so if you are willing to choose that direction, expect others to generally be envious of you and your path and don't think you will get a lot of support. You are the outlier, the only thing you can do is find others, for which this forum is an excellent place. But your rewards will come as time passes.

Excellent post.
I`d rep you, but you already have so many[Image: smile.gif]

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - scotian - 08-14-2018

^Why would you withhold a rep point from someone because they "already have so many"?

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Bill Brasky - 08-14-2018

Probably certain parts of Los Angeles. Skid Row area especially.

The non-luxury areas of Sao Paulo.

Any area that was overall poor I've never found to be what I call a shithole. Cities in Burma such as Yangon. Poor all over but no shit anywhere. Relatively clean. Decent people.

Any city with an extreme amount of poverty with pockets of extreme wealth. Think London, Mexico City, LA, SF, Seattle, NYC.

Quote: (08-14-2018 02:35 PM)scotian Wrote:  

^Why would you withhold a rep point from someone because they "already have so many"?

Just a joke man!

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - scotian - 08-14-2018

Quote: (08-14-2018 02:44 PM)Johnnyvee Wrote:  

Just a joke man!

You still haven't given him a rep point lol.

Quote: (08-14-2018 03:30 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Quote: (08-14-2018 02:44 PM)Johnnyvee Wrote:  

Just a joke man!

You still haven't given him a rep point lol.

Rep point given!

[Image: attachment.jpg39721]   

Not that I`m usually cheap on reps, but you can`t rep every comment you like.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Longshanks - 08-14-2018

Sofia, Bulgaria.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Roardog - 08-14-2018

Quote: (08-14-2018 03:07 AM)Bienvenuto Wrote:  

I hear all the time that Port Moresby is the ultimate shithole given the fact that, like El Salvador, you cannot venture out of a building onto the road pretty much anywhere as its so dangerous - the national rugby league team have to hide inside their national stadium after training until their bus comes in to pick them up.
Hardest drinking expats as well apparently..

Yep, it's a shit hole. One of the highest crime rates in the world and certainly the ugliest women.
You live in a guarded compound and you don't go anywhere alone.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Suits - 08-14-2018

Quote: (08-14-2018 02:20 PM)Johnnyvee Wrote:  

I`d rep you, but you already have so many[Image: smile.gif]

I guess that means I won't be getting one from you.