Roosh V Forum
The Los Angeles thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Los Angeles thread (/thread-16165.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

The Los Angeles thread - Jetset - 04-28-2017

Quote: (04-28-2017 09:05 AM)TheBowery Wrote:  

This piece captures the dilemma quite well: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/0...-infinitum

"Of course, my plane landed in a sea of overstressed, overworked rat kings fornicating with cockroaches and three of my exes."

Setting myself up as a fornicating rat king actually sounds like a pretty decent gig compared to spending two hours in traffic to game a C-list Instagram whore who thinks she's one blowjob away from getting cast in a major motion picture.

Agreed about the winters, though. I'm exhausted from dealing with that aspect of the American northeast, and living in a major city where you can't go snowshoeing or something would just compound it.

Bi-coastal would be the ideal arrangement.

The Los Angeles thread - spaceman - 04-28-2017

Haha no where in the world is perfect eh? That article is awesome

The Los Angeles thread - Naughty By Nature - 05-04-2017

[Image: Epic_Ratios_at_Saddle_Ranch_We_Ho.jpg]

20 men. 1 woman. But it's easy to pull in Los Mangeles, bro.

I'm not gonna reveal the name of the bar, because I genuinely feel bad for them and I think they run a solid establishment, but keep in mind this is a highly regarded STRAIGHT bar in West Hollywood.

The Los Angeles thread - Travesty - 05-04-2017

^ There's IPA on a chalk board bro, we all know craft beer is for gay dudes on the DL.

The Los Angeles thread - Naughty By Nature - 05-04-2017

Quote: (05-04-2017 04:16 AM)Travesty Wrote:  

^ There's IPA on a chalk board bro, we all know craft beer is for gay dudes on the DL.

Lol, denial's not just a river in Egypt.

The Los Angeles thread - jselysianeagle - 05-04-2017

Quote: (05-04-2017 03:54 AM)Naughty By Nature Wrote:  

I'm not gonna reveal the name of the bar, because I genuinely feel bad for them and I think they run a solid establishment, but keep in mind this is a highly regarded STRAIGHT bar in West Hollywood.

Ha. I know that bar, years ago it went by another name and was so packed on Fri/Sat nights it'd be standing room only. It also used to have decent talent on any given night.

Tbh, WeHo (the sunset strip area) still has lots of bars and such, but SM and downtown LA have gotten way, way better in the last 7 yrs or so, and have started to draw away a good number of ppl. that previously would have to hang in WeHo.

The Los Angeles thread - Armogan - 05-04-2017

Quote: (05-04-2017 05:02 AM)Naughty By Nature Wrote:  

Lol, denial's not just a river in Egypt.

Maybe you should go to a nightclub, not a sports bar to find girls.

The Los Angeles thread - Drazen - 05-04-2017

That bar is a total bro bar. It was actually ground zero for the whole Hollywood Hills PUA scene about 10 years ago. The crowd there now are tourists who think where people in LA hang out. Its like going to Las Vegas and hitting up Margaritaville and wondering where all the hot Vegas women on bachelorette parties are.

Its like going to Sharkeez and asking "why are there so many dudes here"? Should have went across the street to the Skybar or the Standard.

The Los Angeles thread - Brosemite - 05-05-2017

In Dallas, craft beer is for asexual dudes becoming even more socially retarded.

It's also for bro chicks pedestalized by thirsty betas because they want Ms. Flip Flops whom is considered one of the guys.

Sorry to change the topic...back to LA..

The Los Angeles thread - StackGsMan - 05-05-2017

All I've ever seen Naughty By Nature do is complain about LA or ask where he should go next.

I went to undergrad in LA, and like an idiot was in a LTR with a girl back home through the first three years. During the time with her I got complacent and gained a bunch of weight, and I didn't approach a single girl (HUGE mistake). After we broke up I got in the best shape of my life and by my fourth year I was getting IOIs everywhere I'd go in LA. Keep in mind this was only after about 1.5 years of proper diet and lifting.

My question for anyone that bitches about LA is this, what does your body look like? Also, what sort of lifestyle can you offer the girl? These are of course setting game aside for a second.

Naughty By Nature has said he lives in the SFV and the best offer for a date I've heard from him is coffee or a walk in the park. *Face palm*

The Los Angeles thread - kaotic - 05-05-2017

I've gotta cosign Stacks comment here.

It seems this thread has turned into a complain box about LA.

If that happens to be the case.

What have you guys done to change ?

Have you guys decided to move ?

Have you changed the way you game ?

What other options do you have ?

Constantly complaining about something, isn't going to change anything.

The Los Angeles thread - Travesty - 05-05-2017

went to college beach town banged sluts

yes decided

yes now i only use psychic powers to game no words

europeans latinas asian other options many nations

craft beer still gay

rip gmanifesto nasa test pilot

signed from serbia

complaint #3484

The Los Angeles thread - Darkwing Buck - 05-05-2017

Quote: (05-05-2017 01:36 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

I'm moving as soon as I get my degree. It's not about "fighting through" at this point. It's just a bad deal. Also for the guy talking about what does your body look like my physique is top 10%. Unfortunately I'm short (5'7") and I think LA can be a bad value for many black guys.

LA has shit nightlife in my opinion because of the bad logistics. This has been beaten over the head so i'm not going to keep going on it.

Add this to cost of living and bad traffic and there's just way better deals out there. Flakiest women, shittiest nightlife, worst logistics. Period. Plus high competition.

I'm buff, make 60k+, have a car, have a room in a shared apartment by a cool area, etc. Being above average in LA means lots of 5s and 6s and the occasional 7. If you're in LA and have no issues you're top 10% and this shit doesn't apply. I'm buff as hell and it's not enough. I'm tatted with solid style and it's not enough. Ironically though I do quite well with women who are already in relationships...

It's not about being able to "fight through it" in LA. I still get laid. The thing is I could be getting WAY MORE VALUE for my time and money and attention in another location. It's like asking a guy in America why he's complaining when he knows other dudes with potentially less money and less game are killing it overseas or other cities.

Every LA thread eventually turns into a complain box about LA because LA is super overrated and guys know they're being taken for a ride here. The truth will always come out.

The Los Angeles thread - Travesty - 05-05-2017

^ This guy doesn't drink craft beer at sport bars I can tell. Psychic. Kick?

The Los Angeles thread - Merenguero - 05-05-2017

Quote: (05-05-2017 02:41 PM)Travesty Wrote:  

The only sports bars I even know of where he lives are Legends in Belmont Shore and Hooters near Shoreline. If he goes to school where I think he does, there are tons of quality girls there, many more than almost all other colleges, but they aren't at all easy.

The Los Angeles thread - StackGsMan - 05-05-2017

Quote: (05-05-2017 02:35 PM)Darkwing Buck Wrote:  

Quote: (05-05-2017 01:36 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

I'm moving as soon as I get my degree. It's not about "fighting through" at this point. It's just a bad deal. Also for the guy talking about what does your body look like my physique is top 10%. Unfortunately I'm short (5'7") and I think LA can be a bad value for many black guys.

LA has shit nightlife in my opinion because of the bad logistics. This has been beaten over the head so i'm not going to keep going on it.

Add this to cost of living and bad traffic and there's just way better deals out there. Flakiest women, shittiest nightlife, worst logistics. Period. Plus high competition.

I'm buff, make 60k+, have a car, have a room in a shared apartment by a cool area, etc. Being above average in LA means lots of 5s and 6s and the occasional 7. If you're in LA and have no issues you're top 10% and this shit doesn't apply. I'm buff as hell and it's not enough. I'm tatted with solid style and it's not enough. Ironically though I do quite well with women who are already in relationships...

It's not about being able to "fight through it" in LA. I still get laid. The thing is I could be getting WAY MORE VALUE for my time and money and attention in another location. It's like asking a guy in America why he's complaining when he knows other dudes with potentially less money and less game are killing it overseas or other cities.

Every LA thread eventually turns into a complain box about LA because LA is super overrated and guys know they're being taken for a ride here. The truth will always come out.

I wasn't saying LA is great or a poosy paradise. I agree that it is overrated, both in terms of the quality of women and the ability to pull.

All I'm saying is if you're a 6th man on a high school varsity team at best please stop complaining about things being so hard in a 1 on 1 game versus Russel Westbrook.

You say you're top ten percent in terms of build. I can believe that. But you do realize that in most cases, unless your game can cancel it out, your height is an issue? Like not to be a dick, but I know many girls taller than you. So yeah you have a good body, but that mainly compensates for the height if we are going to make a SMV argument.

I am 6'2'', and I also had a top 10% body when I got back in shape in LA. I'm Persian. There are WAY more girls in America, and in LA, that are into black guys then Persian guys. As an Angeleno you should know how much LA Persians get made fun of. Despite that I was killing it when I was in LA, even with my game in it's infancy.

You say you make 60k when I mention lifestyle? You do realize that 60k isn't anything to mention to people even in San Antonio, TX, let alone LA? When I say lifestyle I'm talking about a guy like DVY on this forum that has given me advice in the past to the effect of spending hundreds on a single night out, and that is still considered somewhat cheap?

You have a ROOM in a SHARED apartment in a "cool" area. You also have a "car". Do you think that qualifies as an attractive lifestyle that would draw women in, in the sense that I mentioned it? Look you aren't in South Central riding the bus, but anywhere in America your situation would not be a sort of lifestyle that draws women in, let alone in one of the most competitive cities (LA).

I'm not trying to put you down, but you also seem to have a warped view of women very much like Naughty By Nature.

By the way, I've answered several of your posts in detail, including the Memorial Day thread you started. If you can only call me "that guy that said" and can't take a second to scroll up and write of my screen name, that just goes to show how much you pay attention to detail.

Quote: (05-05-2017 03:15 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Quote: (05-05-2017 02:41 PM)Travesty Wrote:  

The only sports bars I even know of where he lives are Legends in Belmont Shore and Hooters near Shoreline. If he goes to school where I think he does, there are tons of quality girls there, many more than almost all other colleges, but they aren't at all easy.

I don't go to LB State but I did bang a couple girls that went there.

Also my bad Stacks I didn't read who was posting what I just replied.

And yeah you're right. My height is one of my biggest game challenges. It's very annoying that I can have clean style and an amazing physique but my genetic height will always limit my potential. Can't change that. Oh well.

And yeah you're right my situation is sub-par but I still think as far as game goes I can present an above average image. Though my game is focused in Long Beach not LA proper I have gone out in LA every now and then and don't see why I would even wanna develop my game there.

Like I said for me it's not about getting laid it's about why I would put in effort for less in LA than put in the same effort to get way more somewhere else.

If you're 6'2" and have a good physique that cancels out your being Persian. 6'2" good physique and a beard OF ANY RACE will do fucking well. Or if you got facial aesthetics. So yeah you're taller and maybe better looking than me. That just gives me more reasons to get out of LA.

But I agree with you for the most part. And ya 60k ain't anything to write home about in LA but I just started my career a few months ago. I plan on making 6 figures by the time I'm 27/28.

No arguments with anything you said really.

The Los Angeles thread - Drazen - 05-05-2017

I would imagine that you should be killing it with asian girls being in the Long Beach/Lakewood area. LA is a bad value for women, nice lifestyle in general though. Just have to find a niche you like and have a steady rotation of girls. If you don't have consistent girls and are hitting the bars and clubs every weekend and your life centers around getting laid, then yeah, it can be a bad value proposition and you can waste a lot of time and effort on worthless girls.

LA is a good home base though if you have money to take weekend trips. Anything on the West Coast, including Mexico and Hawaii is pretty easily done on a 3-4 day weekend. The possibilities are pretty endless, while you are here you should definitely take advantage of that. Frequent Vegas/San Diego/Arizona trips.

Quote: (05-05-2017 04:03 PM)Drazen Wrote:  

I would imagine that you should be killing it with asian girls being in the Long Beach/Lakewood area. LA is a bad value for women, nice lifestyle in general though. Just have to find a niche you like and have a steady rotation of girls. If you don't have consistent girls and are hitting the bars and clubs every weekend and your life centers around getting laid, then yeah, it can be a bad value proposition and you can waste a lot of time and effort on worthless girls.

Asian girls never fuck with me. I don't even bother approaching em. Not even worth the time when I could be approaching a black/white/hispanic girl. Especially east Asians like Japanese, Korean, and Chinese. I've found east Asians to be the most blatantly racist people I've encountered sexually. Though I'm referring to the first generation ones here in LA.

I typically bust my ass for a for weeks and get a couple fuck buddies and keep that going for as long as they last. When I go out alone I'll see if I can find a replacement. My life doesn't center around getting laid though I've turned down 2 of my fuckbuddies in the past week when they wanted to come over cuz I had to clean or do homework or get ready for bed.

I also have a slight niche in my weekend sports league which is coed and we drink together but the girls honestly aren't that hot. There's one chick who's single cute, and in shape and I made out with her and got her number but she lost interest so I charged it to the game.

Would love to have more free time to do stuff other than work and study and hit the gym.

But yes like Stacks said my height is a limiting factor that I always have to compensate for. Being a black guy in the US is really only a game booster if you're 6'0 or taller. You gotta look like an athlete or a super slave to capitalize on that mandingo fantasy I feel like. Being 5'7" and black is just one of mother nature's cruel jokes lol being a little facetious. Gotta get the money and lifestyle now. No shortcuts when genetics and society are against you.

EDIT: I've done pretty well for myself considering though this ain't meant to be like a victim complex thing. I have no doubt I'll be pulling the bitches I want more easily and more consistently as my life gets more in order. All in due time I'm just laying the foundation now. I got the physique and I'd say intermediate game just need the other shit to fall in line to max out my lifestyle and money. If I can do okay with what I have now then I'll definitely be good to go in the future.

The Los Angeles thread - booshala - 05-05-2017

I would imagine that you should be killing it with asian girls being in the Long Beach/Lakewood area.

True... lots of Cambodians and Laotians in Long Beach and they seem to be inclined towards black guys. They also tend to be shorties.

Quote: (05-05-2017 04:30 PM)booshala Wrote:  

I would imagine that you should be killing it with asian girls being in the Long Beach/Lakewood area.
True... lots of Cambodians and Laotians in Long Beach and they seem to be inclined towards black guys. They also tend to be shorties.

Cerritos/Lakewood area too with SOME of the Filipinas (some are pretty racist but a lot get with Black guys).

I do know there are a few Latina clubs in Downey, I've always wondered about those, love my big booty latina girls.

Club DB Lounge:
https://www.instagram.com/explore/locati...607/?hl=en

I've never experienced any type of Asian girl be "inclined" towards black guys. Bangable? Yes. Inclined? Haven't witnessed this before. Though south Asians attitudes towards east Asian attitudes toward black guys is definitely night and day.
I did make out with some south Asian chick at the club and her friends texted me from her phone one night.

Also I don't know what nightlife spots they frequent cuz I don't see the Cambodians out much at night. The filipinas yes but not in full force. A lot of the Asians are into the LA techno scene.

Quote: (05-05-2017 04:33 PM)Drazen Wrote:  

Cerritos/Lakewood area too with SOME of the Filipinas (some are pretty racist but a lot get with Black guys).

I do know there are a few Latina clubs in Downey, I've always wondered about those, love my big booty latina girls.

Club DB Lounge:
https://www.instagram.com/explore/locati...607/?hl=en

I've heard good things about Downey from some of my Hispanic acquaintances. I might check that out I love trashy latinas. They are usually very down for black dick.

You may do well at the nightlife spots on the Hermosa Beach pier Thurs-Saturday nights as well. A lot of Long Beach (esp Cal State Long Beach) people go there.

I used to go to Long Beach on Thursdays back in the day when they had that V20 club and a few others on Pine when I was in college. 2nd Street should be decent as well.

Ever hit up Huntington Beach? I really don't because cops are everywhere for drunk drivers, etc.

Quote: (05-05-2017 04:49 PM)Drazen Wrote:  

You may do well at the nightlife spots on the Hermosa Beach pier Thurs-Saturday nights as well. A lot of Long Beach (esp Cal State Long Beach) people go there.

I used to go to Long Beach on Thursdays back in the day when they had that V20 club and a few others on Pine when I was in college. 2nd Street should be decent as well.

Ever hit up Huntington Beach? I really don't because cops are everywhere for drunk drivers, etc.

I've done Huntington once it reminds me of a Hermosa Beach but with more Hispanics. Kind of a "bro"/trashy college kid/beach town scene the one time I went. No point for a Long Beach cat like me to frequent when I can just do 2nd street Panama Joe's and Legends for the same thing.

I miss V20. I went there a couple times for some legit parties but didn't live in Long Beach back then. Hermosa is hit or miss I know the area very well. I've made out with ton of girls down there but it's very hard to close unless you and the chicks are local, on top of tight game. Either that or find a cut in an alley or on the beach which is again, not easy. Also the white girls from the area can be quite cliquey. Best chance is transplants or the girls who came from outside the South Bay like the ones from LA, Inglewood, Hawthorne, Gardena, etc.

But once again LA's logistics ruin shit. If I'm coming from Long Beach, going to Hermosa, meet a girl from Culver and her friend who drove is from Inglewood and is taking her home, there's just no way that's going to work. Nor is the 40 minute uber from Hermosa to Long Beach with a stranger feasible and a 45 minute ride back to Culver the next day. LA's logistics suck. There's too many cities and moving parts to rely on non-local night game because girls never go out alone and the distances and freeways means a girl is far less likely to ditch her friends at 1am to go with you because people are traveling in groups 20 miles in any direction. This is why dense urban cores are necessary for good night game and why I will never stop talking shit on LA nightlife and urban sprawl.

That's one of the reasons I only party in Long Beach. Even if I pull a chick in LA or Hermosa Beach or whichever city I'm usually not going to be able to bounce her somewhere.

The Los Angeles thread - Merenguero - 05-05-2017

Quote: (05-05-2017 05:11 PM)Darkwing Buck Wrote:  

Quote: (05-05-2017 04:49 PM)Drazen Wrote:  

I've done Huntington once it reminds me of a Hermosa Beach but with more Hispanics. Kind of a "bro"/trashy college kid/beach town scene the one time I went. No point for a Long Beach cat like me to frequent when I can just do 2nd street Panama Joe's and Legends for the same thing.

I miss V20. I went there a couple times for some legit parties but didn't live in Long Beach back then. Hermosa is hit or miss I know the area very well. I've made out with ton of girls down there but it's very hard to close unless you and the chicks are local, on top of tight game. Either that or find a cut in an alley or on the beach which is again, not easy. Also the white girls from the area can be quite cliquey. Best chance is transplants or the girls who came from outside the South Bay like the ones from LA, Inglewood, Hawthorne, Gardena, etc.

But once again LA's logistics ruin shit. If I'm coming from Long Beach, going to Hermosa, meet a girl from Culver and her friend who drove is from Inglewood and is taking her home, there's just no way that's going to work. Nor is the 40 minute uber from Hermosa to Long Beach with a stranger feasible and a 45 minute ride back to Culver the next day. LA's logistics suck. There's too many cities and moving parts to rely on non-local night game because girls never go out alone and the distances and freeways means a girl is far less likely to ditch her friends at 1am to go with you because people are traveling in groups 20 miles in any direction. This is why dense urban cores are necessary for good night game and why I will never stop talking shit on LA nightlife and urban sprawl.

That's one of the reasons I only party in Long Beach. Even if I pull a chick in LA or Hermosa Beach or whichever city I'm usually not going to be able to bounce her somewhere.

I like Huntington a lot during the day. At nighttime, it couldn't really be much worse and logistics are obviously horrible if you live in Long Beach. I went out in Huntington one time. I showed up with one of those old New Jersey licenses which looked really fake. I was twenty five at the time. The guy at the door eventually let me in. If you take a look at my hair and hear me talk for ten seconds, it's really obvious that I'm from nowhere near California. Literally two minutes after I walked in the door, I posted up at the bar and some guy came up and shoved me away from the bar. I guess I was in his space, but I had absolutely no way of knowing. He was out of line. The guy was a lot bigger than me and most likely had at least some training (it was Huntington, after all), but kind of looked like a nerd, so who know what would have happened. Just then, some biker guy accidentally hit some girl in the mouth, really hard. I'm not sure what happened. Then some white knights and some other guys starting attacking the biker guy and a huge fight broke out. I got out of there and the venue didn't look that good to begin with. Yeah, I avoided Huntington at nighttime.