Roosh V Forum
The Los Angeles thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Los Angeles thread (/thread-16165.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

The Los Angeles thread - Darkwing Buck - 04-13-2017

Quote: (04-13-2017 07:02 PM)Drazen Wrote:  

Quote: (04-13-2017 06:48 PM)Darkwing Buck Wrote:  

Sounds awesome but I'm pretty sure if you're making 500k a year you can ball out like that in any tier 1 city in the entire world.

A guy who doesn't have money, looks, influence and plenty of free time is going to have it rough in LA unless he has a solid niche. And in the meantime until he GETS all those things he's going to be struggling with 5s and 6s and jerking off often.

I plan on moving out of LA in 2018 and maybe come back in my 30s. There's just no point in living in a city with high cost of living, logistics so bad LA should be ashamed to call itself a "tier 1 city", and notoriously flaky and entitled women (even by western society standards).

LA is a city with plenty of hot women that most men don't have access to.

I'd rather live in a place with a dense urban core, excellent public transportation, walkable neighborhoods, and reasonable cost of living. At least then I can have a more balanced lifestyle while I work on building up my income and investments.

Everyday I become more and more sure that I'm going to leave this place.

Broke bartenders probably get more girls than they can manage in LA. LA you do not need money to get laid, you just have to be interesting with an edge and a network. Its a city where having a professional career and stability really isn't going to help you much at all.

Agreed which is why I specified having a solid niche'. I was a bouncer at the #2 or #3 most popular bar on the pier in Hermosa Beach a couple years ago working minimum wage. Had an easier time lining up random girls at that time than I do now as a white collar professional making 60k+.

Shit's fucked up lol.

The Los Angeles thread - orythedog - 04-14-2017

Quote: (04-10-2017 01:58 PM)coopers317 Wrote:  

I've been away from the forum for a bit, and could use updated info as well. I have an opportunity that has come my way that would take me to the LA area (Pasadena) for work. LA has never been on my radar before as a place to live (I'm actually more of a Chicago-NY guy). I've been to LA twice before, but only for very short stints...

First time hated it (hung out on the west side toward the beach; beautiful but somewhat plastic imho).

Second time I was in Calabasas for a day (nice but no night life), and then the valley which made me think it could be a place I could learn to like (Sherman Oaks and then stints over the Hills...West or North Hollywood I'm guessing??).

I would be coming from living between Houston and Dallas. I know LA is more expensive, but would be receiving a cost of living adjustment and pay increase.

Any suggestions on where home base should be as far as commute to work and still have a pretty decent bar (not club) nightlife?

Live close to where you work, brother! As far as Pasadena goes, there are a bunch of bars on Colorado Blvd. You are also in close proximity to cool neighborhoods like Silverlake (15 min drive - depending on the time of day).

The Los Angeles thread - kerouac - 04-14-2017

While I generally agree with the "live close to where you work" crowd, driving with little traffic becomes quite the pleasure around here, so I'd suggest live where you can maximize your social life with preferable traffic patterns going in the direction you're going in while you're trying to get to work.

In this case, if you're working in Pasadena, and don't mind driving 20-30 minutes in ideal traffic (which is very little by LA standards), I'd suggest some place like Toluca Lake or Studio City in order to be close to life outside the small world of Pasadena.

Also, if you're going to be working in Pasadena, and close to the Gold Line, you can live some place like Little Tokyo, which would connect you with the rest of LA (without a car!).

Pasadena is a beautiful place, but you're not going to get a feel of LA living and working there.

The Los Angeles thread - jselysianeagle - 04-15-2017

Sounds awesome but I'm pretty sure if you're making 500k a year you can ball out like that in any tier 1 city in the entire world.

A guy who doesn't have money, looks, influence and plenty of free time is going to have it rough in LA unless he has a solid niche. And in the meantime until he GETS all those things he's going to be struggling with 5s and 6s and jerking off often.

I plan on moving out of LA in 2018 and maybe come back in my 30s. There's just no point in living in a city with high cost of living, logistics so bad LA should be ashamed to call itself a "tier 1 city", and notoriously flaky and entitled women (even by western society standards).

I'd rather live in a place with a dense urban core, excellent public transportation, walkable neighborhoods, and reasonable cost of living. At least then I can have a more balanced lifestyle while I work on building up my income and investments.

Heh. Sounds like you're exactly where I was back when I was 26. At 21, I thought LA was awesome with so much potential to get laid, but by 26, I was tired of it and GTFO to NYC. It was a real eye opener. At 29 family issues brought me back to LA, and then 2 years hence I was convinced I never again wanted to be in LA - so I moved back to NYC once more and it was the smartest thing I did, lol.

I've also traveled quite a bit since.

Point being, once you start traveling extensively, you'll quickly realize a few things:

1) There are beautiful women everywhere. Yes, LA has lots of beauties, but so do NYC, Wroclaw (Poland), Kiev, Buenos Aires etc etc
2) You may not have much luck in one place, but absolutely slay in another (or at least find the women much more receptive). Find your niche, and get in where you fit in.

I'm in my 30s now and wouldn't dream of returning to LA. I'd sooner move abroad!

The Los Angeles thread - Naughty By Nature - 04-18-2017

Quote: (04-15-2017 10:37 AM)jselysianeagle Wrote:  

Heh. Sounds like you're exactly where I was back when I was 26. At 21, I thought LA was awesome with so much potential to get laid, but by 26, I was tired of it and GTFO to NYC. It was a real eye opener. At 29 family issues brought me back to LA, and then 2 years hence I was convinced I never again wanted to be in LA - so I moved back to NYC once more and it was the smartest thing I did, lol.

I've also traveled quite a bit since.

Point being, once you start traveling extensively, you'll quickly realize a few things:

1) There are beautiful women everywhere. Yes, LA has lots of beauties, but so do NYC, Wroclaw (Poland), Kiev, Buenos Aires etc etc
2) You may not have much luck in one place, but absolutely slay in another (or at least find the women much more receptive). Find your niche, and get in where you fit in.

I'm in my 30s now and wouldn't dream of returning to LA. I'd sooner move abroad!

I was talking about this very issue with my buddy/wing the other day.

It's easy to fall in love with LA from afar when you've seen it glamorized in film and TV your entire life. Then you move here and experience the harsh realities. I also think this whole "LA 10" thing is a myth. While I do see beautiful women here, like you said, I also see a ton of 1s and 2s (abnormally hideous women). And I'll see them all over LA County (SFV, central LA, and the Wessyde).

If I didn't live in a nice neighborhood, I would absolutely despise this place.

The Los Angeles thread - Drazen - 04-18-2017

The best things LA has going for it is the weather and the day to day culture. The quality of women is not really unique and they are pretty worthless as far as women go to begin with. There are a lot better places to live in America, but yeah, the weather and the amount of things to do out here make the stuck up women and their games bearable.

Chicago is cool, but the winters are unbearable.
NY is dope, but expensive.

LA is a city where you can be semi-broke and still get by ok. No one takes their careers really seriously here, its a hustler culture. Its kinda unique like that, just a bunch of laid back bums hanging out.

The Los Angeles thread - Darkwing Buck - 04-19-2017

@ Drazen I've thought about Philadelphia but I've heard they're very racist there and blacks and whites are very socially segregated.

Also apparently they have a low brow subculture...? Not sure never been.

LA has a lot of stuff that I never get around to enjoying because I work full-time, hit the gym, and go to university online and in the evenings. Plus my commute is an hour each way that's 20 hours a week spent on the metro or the 405 freeway.

Not to mention I don't hike, skii, snowboard, surf, etc. I do like to ride my longboard by the beaches, play kickball and soccer, and enjoy the weather but it's not like some of the "attractions" we have are something I need. I would be fine in any walkable city with decent nightlife, decent weather, gyms, public transportation, and martial arts studios. I think outdoorsy stuff that is overrated since the average person does not go hiking or go to the beach every week or even every 2-3 months.

I don't give a shit about the mountains when I barely leave my little pocket of LA. I'm a city kid not a damn bear.

I do really like my area though I just feel I'm getting shortchanged. There's gotta be better deals somewhere out there.

The Los Angeles thread - spaceman - 04-19-2017

I was out in LA for 5 days last week , trying to decide on this job offer I received... Pretty lucrative and would be a great job experience for me but i can def see alot of cons in LA as many of you guys have already spoken about... its a tough choice.

Background on me: Lived in Germany past 7 years... Miami and DC before that.

Here are some scattered thoughts:
- Everything the guys in the thread have written so far is dead on:
- The weather is amazing during the day but cold at night (April)
- Beaches aren't as nice compared to Miami, though I love surfing
- LA is not a city really, but a bunch of towns jammed together. Its really spread out

-Pros:
- Day to day life must be great.. always sunny no sweating unlike Miami. No rain to worry about etc.
- People are laid back and are very friendly
- The Westside seems to be safer than Miami Beach (though never as safe as Germany)
- Near by cities has Miami beat. (vegas,tahoe, SF ,SD,etc.) You could drive/fly all over the west coast relatively easy. though international flying is probably not as easy as Miami.
-Outdoor activities - probably the best place in the USA. - Snowboarding, surfing, hiking, bicycling, skateboarding... Available all year and always perfect weather.

Cons:
-Traffic/Public transport are a big problem. Never seen so many cars in my life and its annoying with parking and long commutes.
- Nightlife is way spread out. Each area has a couple of decent venues for pick up but besides that.. not much. For example: Santa monica has about 3-5 good bars, same with venice, hermosa, etc. I didn't get to W. Hollywood Unfortunately.
-Girls are friendly but flaky AF... Everything written previously about LA girls seems to be true.
-Girls are fit but not smoking hot though you will see dimes here and there

I went out in DTLA for this beer festival (https://www.labeerfest.la/) . Met so many hot chicks during the day at the event. Pulled one that night and got flaked on by a couple of the others. Went out the night before to 7 grand and did alright. I was doing well with one girl then got blown out by some B Actor.... shit [Image: angry.gif]

Bungalow had some dimes too but I could see how it would be hard to pull there. I was tired and hungover so I didn't really try.

Speaking to friends in LA, it seems like the frustration with LA women had reached them as well, either they had girlfriends or just never went out... which I thought is crazy [Image: huh.gif]

In general, i can definitely see both the pros and cons of LA. I also have the possibility to move back to Miami but I think career-wise LA would be the right move for me. I am having a hard time on which way to go on this but I may just give LA a shot since I have never lived on the west coast before and hope for the best.

Hope that made some sense and helps

The Los Angeles thread - Naughty By Nature - 04-19-2017

Quote: (04-19-2017 05:04 PM)spaceman Wrote:  

I was out in LA for 5 days last week , trying to decide on this job offer I received... Pretty lucrative and would be a great job experience for me but i can def see alot of cons in LA as many of you guys have already spoken about... its a tough choice.

Background on me: Lived in Germany past 7 years... Miami and DC before that.

Here are some scattered thoughts:
- Everything the guys in the thread have written so far is dead on:
- The weather is amazing during the day but cold at night (April)
- Beaches aren't as nice compared to Miami, though I love surfing
- LA is not a city really, but a bunch of towns jammed together. Its really spread out

-Pros:
- Day to day life must be great.. always sunny no sweating unlike Miami. No rain to worry about etc.
- People are laid back and are very friendly
- The Westside seems to be safer than Miami Beach (though never as safe as Germany)
- Near by cities has Miami beat. (vegas,tahoe, SF ,SD,etc.) You could drive/fly all over the west coast relatively easy. though international flying is probably not as easy as Miami.
-Outdoor activities - probably the best place in the USA. - Snowboarding, surfing, hiking, bicycling, skateboarding... Available all year and always perfect weather.

Cons:
-Traffic/Public transport are a big problem. Never seen so many cars in my life and its annoying with parking and long commutes.
- Nightlife is way spread out. Each area has a couple of decent venues for pick up but besides that.. not much. For example: Santa monica has about 3-5 good bars, same with venice, hermosa, etc. I didn't get to W. Hollywood Unfortunately.
-Girls are friendly but flaky AF... Everything written previously about LA girls seems to be true.
-Girls are fit but not smoking hot though you will see dimes here and there

I went out in DTLA for this beer festival (https://www.labeerfest.la/) . Met so many hot chicks during the day at the event. Pulled one that night and got flaked on by a couple of the others. Went out the night before to 7 grand and did alright. I was doing well with one girl then got blown out by some B Actor.... shit [Image: angry.gif]

Bungalow had some dimes too but I could see how it would be hard to pull there. I was tired and hungover so I didn't really try.

Speaking to friends in LA, it seems like the frustration with LA women had reached them as well, either they had girlfriends or just never went out... which I thought is crazy [Image: huh.gif]

In general, i can definitely see both the pros and cons of LA. I also have the possibility to move back to Miami but I think career-wise LA would be the right move for me. I am having a hard time on which way to go on this but I may just give LA a shot since I have never lived on the west coast before and hope for the best.

Hope that made some sense and helps

Yup, Los Mangeles really is that bad, lol.

I, too, have met two guys who completely quit approaching and hitting on women. We all get that women flake everywhere. No doubt. But the level of flakage here is egregious. Women essentially default to flaking here, even women who you have a seemingly strong connection with. It's very odd. We all get the vibe that unless you're a multimillionaire/celebrity/agent/casting director/have a yacht in Lake Havasu, women here are simply unimpressed. Women here worship money and symbols. It's pretty disgusting and it's something I have not observed on the East Coast and Midwest. The best idea is to take cars out of the equation and move to a dense, walking city.

The Los Angeles thread - spaceman - 04-19-2017

Goddamn that shit depresses me. Leaving Europe where its easy as shit to get laid and moving to LA is starting to bother me... :O
Reading all the threads where gmanifesto shits on LA is not helping me either... [Image: biggrin.gif]

I guess I could try it for a year and then move on if not.

The Los Angeles thread - Darkwing Buck - 04-19-2017

Quote: (04-19-2017 06:03 PM)Naughty By Nature Wrote:  

Yup, Los Mangeles really is that bad, lol.

I, too, have met two guys who completely quit approaching and hitting on women. We all get that women flake everywhere. No doubt. But the level of flakage here is egregious. Women essentially default to flaking here, even women who you have a seemingly strong connection with. It's very odd. We all get the vibe that unless you're a multimillionaire/celebrity/agent/casting director/have a yacht in Lake Havasu, women here are simply unimpressed. Women here worship money and symbols. It's pretty disgusting and it's something I have not observed on the East Coast and Midwest. The best idea is to take cars out of the equation and move to a dense, walking city.

lmao funny how it seems some guys don't realize that flaking in LA truly is on a whole other level than the rest of the continental US

In LA I expect a girl to flake unless I fucked her raw that very same night. Even a blowjob or sex with a condom on has me questioning if the chick will ever meet up with me again [Image: lol.gif] [Image: lol.gif] [Image: lol.gif]

In LA nightgame a BJ or fuck is equivalent to a makeout in another city, a makeout is equivalent to a phone number, and just a phone number alone is equivalent to a flat out rejection cuz that bitch ain't interested.

I'm really curious how an extrovert like myself with a muscular physique, tattoos, decent style and ability to cold approach would do in a dense walkable city for a month or two.

The Los Angeles thread - spaceman - 04-20-2017

Anyone ever lived in DC before and could compare to LA?
I think American girls are much more flakey in general to European girls... that sucks

The Los Angeles thread - Merenguero - 04-20-2017

Quote: (04-20-2017 02:06 PM)spaceman Wrote:  

Anyone ever lived in DC before and could compare to LA?
I think American girls are much more flakey in general to European girls... that sucks

The D.C. area is much easier, but Los Angeles has way better quality. I get approached way more in Los Angeles than I do here, but I get rejected way more in Los Angeles and rejections there are worse for me than anywhere except for Mexico. Los Angeles by a landslide. I stuck to the beach towns. For me, it made zero sense to spend any real time in inland parts of Southern California and I really don't understand guys who do that.

The Los Angeles thread - spaceman - 04-20-2017

I lived in DC for a long time and 6-7s could be as bitchy as a 8-9 in miami. I hated that place.
I am hoping LA is better than that at least [Image: biggrin.gif]

The Los Angeles thread - booshala - 04-20-2017

Quote: (04-20-2017 03:19 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

For me, it made zero sense to spend any real time in inland parts of Southern California and I really don't understand guys who do that.

Mostly agree with this unless you have some sort of vibe that matches well with IE girls: e.g. jacked up pickup truck, lots of tattoos, very buff, really into the skate/BMX scene. I'm out this way for my business which sort of relies on the ghetto nature of the area and the insanely cheap rent. As soon as I fold it up, I'm out of here.

The Los Angeles thread - Armogan - 04-22-2017

The IE empire doesn't even feel like LA, such a different vibe. Feels more like rural middle america with White hicks (jacked up pickup truck dudes), sprinkled in with Asian gangsters, and Mexican thugs. So odd.

Even ghetto blacks say, "fuck that shit, I'm staying in Compton."

The Los Angeles thread - Naughty By Nature - 04-24-2017

My wing and I went to Tenants of the Trees on Friday, which is supposed to be one of the best bars in all of Los Mangeles, lol.

It was a complete and utter sh!tshow.

It was a 90 minute wait (a 100-105 minute wait for my friend since he got there earlier than me).

Roughly a 12:1 male:female (ratio)...no exaggeration. In the bar's defense, my wing said it wasn't as bad the last time he went.

The crowd it attracted was the who's who of gay cigarette-puffing hipster freakshows with fannypacks who likely got swirlied on a daily basis in high school (no disrespect to anyone who wears a fannypack to the bars).

The Los Angeles thread - RDF - 04-24-2017

Silver Lake is hit or miss, but the upside of that area is there are a lot of bars within walking distance or a short uber ride. Once you saw that it was such a long wait, you should've just gotten the fuck out of there. There's plenty of decent spots around Silver Lake (Thirsty Crow, The Virgil, etc) that you could hit up. And if it was truly 12:1 inside of there, you should've seen that in line. If the line is filled with dudes, unless you're seeing flocks of hot chicks cutting the line and getting inside (less common at bars than clubs), it's probably all dudes inside as well.

In LA, you should NEVER wait more than 30 minutes to get into a bar, let alone 1.5 hrs. Having visited most of the "best" bars at some point or another, I'll say that not a single bar in this city is worth a wait that long.

Also, ratios mean pretty little without context esp out here. Sure, 12:1 sounds ridiculously bad, but it's Silver Lake, most dudes there are skinny-jean wearing hipsters who aren't real competition. If there are cute girls there that aren't being talked to, go for it. If there's no girls to talk to and no new ones seem to be coming in, then leave and hit another bar. On the other hand, you could end up at a Holly club/lounge where the ratio is 1:1, but all the dudes there are guaped, connected, or famous, and most of the hot girls are just attractive wallpaper (ie: they're paid to be there, and are not interested in meeting you or anybody else). At that point, the ratio doesn't matter cause nobody's pulling who isn't connected there.

The Los Angeles thread - Merenguero - 04-24-2017

Quote: (04-22-2017 11:10 AM)Armogan Wrote:  

The IE empire doesn't even feel like LA, such a different vibe. Feels more like rural middle america with White hicks (jacked up pickup truck dudes), sprinkled in with Asian gangsters, and Mexican thugs. So odd.

Even ghetto blacks say, "fuck that shit, I'm staying in Compton."

A lot of the black community in the Inland Empire, maybe even most of it, came from Compton originally.

The Los Angeles thread - Drazen - 04-24-2017

Also, if you go out to bars in LA, you should aim at going in somewhere between 9 and 9:30pm. Before 10:30pm is when the ratio of girls to guys will be heavily in your favor, then it just progressively gets worse. No waiting in line for anything either.

The Los Angeles thread - DVY - 04-24-2017

I went to perch this weekend. It was probably about a 2-1 ratio girls to guys on the rooftop when I got up there....and evened out to 1-1 as the night went on.

I met a group of girls w/my buddy. It was me, him, and 5 girls hanging out who i met on the way up. I also did a walk-around and talked to this group of 5-6 girls but nothing besides that first group stuck. Still there was probably 30 girls on the rooftop who were with a mix group of guys/girls but not really getting approached or talked to.

I'd probably go early (no later than 9pm) if you want to get all the way to the rooftop (2nd line to get up there) or both lines gets insane.

Myself- well I have a good rep w/the staff and i also grease heavy. Id rather pay $ than waste time standing in line, so its a win-win all the way around. Still even after paying, I had to wait about 15 mins on the outside, because they hit "capacity" by 10.15pm.

Thats probably my favorite bar in downtown atm esp for scooping foreign girls.

I also like the standard on thursday night... Drinks are expensive AF. Id flask it, if you are on a budget....

The Los Angeles thread - International_Casanova - 04-25-2017

I know a lounge in Silverlake that cycles easy locals and foreign girls from around the world every Saturday. I literally pull from this place every other visit. Repped members pm me only .

Check out Honeycutt in DTLA if you like great cocktails, to dance a bit, foreign laidies, implants, visitors and cute Asian women.

If you know the spots in LA it's quite easy to get laid if you got something going for yourself.

I've hung with DVY before and hit up a Hollywood restaurant and West Hollywood event with him a year ago. He's got places on lock that's usually members only so don't base your expectations off his. Like the owner came over and sat down to shoot the shits with him type shit lol Oh yea and smoking Jays with the staff in there break area hahaha I would've hung out with him more but I met him weeks before I moved back to Europe smh

The Los Angeles thread - spaceman - 04-25-2017

Quote: (04-25-2017 11:21 AM)International_Casanova Wrote:  

I met him weeks before I moved back to Europe smh

Where are you located in Europe? I have about 1.5 months left here before i move to LA....... I think

The Los Angeles thread - TheBowery - 04-28-2017

As a New Yorker who is cooped up for over half the year due to shitty weather and considering a move to LA, it comes down to this: how bad can all of the other factors be to outweigh sunny t-shirt weather year round? Most guys I know who have moved from NYC to LA love it and are not coming back. Personally I am very much into the outdoors and don't need to be chasing tail all the time.

This piece captures the dilemma quite well: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/0...-infinitum

The Los Angeles thread - jselysianeagle - 04-28-2017

Quote: (04-28-2017 09:05 AM)TheBowery Wrote:  

how bad can all of the other factors be to outweigh sunny t-shirt weather year round?

Extremely subjective. If you can handle dry spells well or have some other in with women, and like the outdoors and don't mind horrendous traffic and driving everywhere, then LA may just be the city for you.

I would suggest you try it out first, though, before diving in. If you can go for like a month and try to live like a local, that'd be the best way to get a feel for the place.