Roosh V Forum
Zinc has made me a better man. - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Zinc has made me a better man. (/thread-15255.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Zinc has made me a better man. - MidWest - 12-03-2013

undefined

Zinc has made me a better man. - Citlalli - 12-04-2013

Been on Solgar Zinc Picolinate, taking one or two a day for the past month and it seems a step down from the same amount of Zinc gluconate. Going to get the optizinc now.

Zinc has made me a better man. - Teedub - 12-09-2013

Has anyone experimented with combining Zinc, Mag and Vit B6 and taking them separately, rather than in an 'all-in-one' ZMA tablet? The quantities of each are far higher if taken separately.

Zinc has made me a better man. - MidniteSpecial - 12-09-2013

Quote: (12-03-2013 12:51 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (08-20-2012 11:44 PM)MidniteSpecial Wrote:  

I tried Zma and did not like it. And it did not yield the same results as this recent protocol. At first zma was cool but after a few days it had me sleeping way to long and really groggy during the day. Now I just use a magnesium spray, take epsom salt baths, or drink natural calm at night time. Also I take a b complex in the morn. Plus zma only had 30 mg of zinc in it. Those studies in the article I read were done with 3 mg to every kg of body weight.

Anyone else notice that ZMA makes you not want to get up in the morning?

Not too bad, but I think I am going to use it sparingly when it is not essential that I need to charge out of bed.

---

Midnight, what spray do you use?

This is the one I use G:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001AD0HL8

Just added dolomite to my protocol. Shit is the truth. Orginal man approved. http://m.iherb.com/Nature-s-Plus-Dolomit...lets/11735

It basically gives you what orginal man had via natural spring water.
No today's springs are not the same.

Also added this. Once again going back to orginal man. He consumed nutrient rich soil on the daily. We don't. It's a rich source of bio-available; fulvic acid, humic acid, micro & macro mineral nutrients, and vitamin. Check it out:
http://m.iherb.com/Morningstar-Minerals-...ules/16754

Glad you guys are seeing good results with zinc. I'm going to get that red blood test zinc level ASAP. Good call on posting that.

Zinc has made me a better man. - Cr33pin - 12-09-2013

Mr. Midnight would you mind breaking down some of the benefits you have noticed from the Dolomite?

Zinc has made me a better man. - Teedub - 12-10-2013

I had a green tea right before bed last night, fuck me it was hard to sleep. I thought the caffeine content was so low it wasn't worth considering.

Zinc has made me a better man. - Benoit - 12-10-2013

Quote: (12-10-2013 05:55 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

I had a green tea right before bed last night, fuck me it was hard to sleep. I thought the caffeine content was so low it wasn't worth considering.

Nope, it's stronger than coffee.

I was feeling a bit rough this morning so I took an extra zinc cap on an empty stomach. That was a good reminder of why I always eat something with my daily dose.

Zinc has made me a better man. - Teedub - 12-10-2013

Quote: (12-10-2013 06:45 AM)crippler Wrote:  

Might just stick to the pill extract then. However, I've had a PM from Thomas the Rhymer and he's a doctor and I agree with him when he said it is probably not wise to consume all this stuff in pill form, but to actually try to get it from food. I'm looking up foods with high zinc content at the minute. Apart from the obv stuff like red meat.

I don't think zinc is too bad though at all, I just think it's wise not to megadose it and mess up your copper situation, as has been mentioned previously.

Zinc has made me a better man. - Benoit - 12-10-2013

Quote: (12-10-2013 09:27 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

Might just stick to the pill extract then. However, I've had a PM from Thomas the Rhymer and he's a doctor and I agree with him when he said it is probably not wise to consume all this stuff in pill form, but to actually try to get it from food. I'm looking up foods with high zinc content at the minute. Apart from the obv stuff like red meat.

I don't think zinc is too bad though at all, I just think it's wise not to megadose it and mess up your copper situation, as has been mentioned previously.

I find it counterproductive to try and be 'perfect', for me it's exhausting always trying to identify the 'best' source and the 'right' stuff to take. So I take the Opti-l-zinc caps daily instead of trying to remember to get enough zinc through food. Consistency is king.

Zinc has made me a better man. - MidniteSpecial - 12-10-2013

Quote: (12-09-2013 08:43 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Mr. Midnight would you mind breaking down some of the benefits you have noticed from the Dolomite?

I'm only on day two of taking it. Will let ya know if I notice anything.

Quote: (12-10-2013 09:27 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

Quote: (12-10-2013 06:45 AM)crippler Wrote:  

If you want to get zinc in food form eat pumpkin seeds and oysters. Pumpkin seeds are one of the best foods you can eat for prostate. You can even get oyster extract.

*I live by the rule of never consuming caffeine after 3-5pm and I don't drink coffee it makes me anxious. I've found done brews don't but it's hit or miss with me. I did try bulletproof one morning with an organic drip coffee and I had great energy and no anxious feeling.

Zinc has made me a better man. - DavidZRH - 01-06-2014

After reading most of this thread, I decided to get some Zinc supplements and try it myself.

I'm now taking 50mg of Zinc in the morning after breakfast and 50mg before dinner.

I'll wait a month to see if there's really a difference.

DavidZRH

Zinc has made me a better man. - Veloce - 01-06-2014

I bought some other brand of Zinc as I ran out and didn't want to wait for it online. Noticeably lesser effects.

The NOW brands L-Opti-Zinc makes me sleep better than I have in my entire life. I take one an hour before bed. I remember my dreams, I wake up feeling 100% rested and refreshed, it's amazing stuff. Can't remember this other brand I got but so far it has not had the same results. Possible it's all in my head but we'll see. Going to order some more of the NOW brand online and use this other crap in the meantime.

Edit: just to specify, this other stuff is called OptiZinc as well, same process, but it is not supplemented with Copper or Magnesium. Not sure what effects Copper and Magnesium have on sleep but it's noticeable.

Zinc has made me a better man. - Cr33pin - 01-07-2014

I stopped taking all my supplements last Sunday. I been getting some kind of ill feeling in my gut after I eat. It lasted for over a week.

I just started adding vitamin D3 to my routine, 10,000iu a day a week before I got sick. I also ate some wings and had two beer at Buffalo Wild Wings the Saturday night before I got ill. Possibly the wings and beer was the cause but when my gut was all feeling nasty I decided to stop my supplements as well and try and eat bland foods for awhile.

I no long have morning wood since I stopped taking my Zinc.

Zinc has made me a better man. - Emancipator - 01-08-2014

I bought a new supplement on sale that is ZMA, GABA and has some small melatonin.

Opinions on the above mix?

Zinc has made me a better man. - samsamsam - 01-08-2014

Question for those taking ZMA.

Do some of you feel fatigued the next day?

I have been waking up tired lately and can't get up as early as I usually do.

Anyone know if the fatigue impact is lessened by taking fewer pills?

I'll try that tonight, but at the same time I would like to get a good benefit from it.

I searched around the internet and some people report being tired, but couldn't find anyone commenting on fewer pills and less fatigue the next day.

I try to get at least 7 hours of sleep but been hitting the snooze button a lot lately.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Zinc has made me a better man. - DJ-Matt - 01-09-2014

Grabbed some Zinc today while at the 'Greens getting my Flonase. Hadn't had anything to eat since a small bag of chips and Naked smoothie at lunch. DO NOT TAKE THESE WITHOUT EATING FIRST! Within 45 minutes of taking four 50mg pills I blew chunks like there was no tomorrow (and the lead-up to it wasn't pleasant either). I'm not taking them all at once anymore (should have read this thread more thoroughly).

That being said about an hour later I feel pretty good [Image: smile.gif]
I'll keep posted on how this works, since I only recently started working out heavily the last few weeks and I still have a belly and consider myself out-of-shape.

As an addition I'm not a big veggie eater. It's getting better, but I've frequently tested low on various metals when having my blood checked, so I'm certain this will make a dent somewhere in my health.

Zinc has made me a better man. - toeknee - 01-10-2014

Suggests it may not work; maybe it does if you are deficient

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2129161/

This study examined whether supplementing the diet with a commercial supplement containing zinc magnesium aspartate (ZMA) during training affects zinc and magnesium status, anabolic and catabolic hormone profiles, and/or training adaptations. Forty-two resistance trained males (27 ± 9 yrs; 178 ± 8 cm, 85 ± 15 kg, 18.6 ± 6% body fat) were matched according to fat free mass and randomly assigned to ingest in a double blind manner either a dextrose placebo (P) or ZMA 30–60 minutes prior to going to sleep during 8-weeks of standardized resistance-training. Subjects completed testing sessions at 0, 4, and 8 weeks that included body composition assessment as determined by dual energy X-ray absorptiometry, 1-RM and muscular endurance tests on the bench and leg press, a Wingate anaerobic power test, and blood analysis to assess anabolic/catabolic status as well as markers of health. Data were analyzed using repeated measures ANOVA. Results indicated that ZMA supplementation non-significantly increased serum zinc levels by 11 – 17% (p = 0.12). However, no significant differences were observed between groups in anabolic or catabolic hormone status, body composition, 1-RM bench press and leg press, upper or lower body muscular endurance, or cycling anaerobic capacity. Results indicate that ZMA supplementation during training does not appear to enhance training adaptations in resistance trained populations.

Zinc has made me a better man. - mental - 01-13-2014

Been taking about 50mg chelated zinc per day for a few months now. It's definitely an essential tool in any player's arsenal, it makes me feel extroverted and I feel like I have unexhaustable energy - I'm constantly in party mood and I'm feeling good! And it made me get shit done - now my schedule's as clean as virgin's pussy!

Zinc has made me a better man. - DJ-Matt - 01-13-2014

I don't think I'm noticing any change just yet, but it's only been a few days. I don't have a baseline though, since I also started doing "hundredpushups" 2 days later...

Zinc has made me a better man. - Handsome Creepy Eel - 01-14-2014

Quote:Quote:

Within 45 minutes of taking four 50mg pills I blew chunks like there was no tomorrow (and the lead-up to it wasn't pleasant either). I'm not taking them all at once anymore (should have read this thread more thoroughly).

Yeah, that amount of Zinc all at once is just crazy. Recommended daily intakes are usually 10-15 mg/day, so even taking 50 per day in form of a supplement is a huge jump. I take a 30 mg pill every second day and that's it.

Zinc has made me a better man. - MidWest - 01-14-2014

I had a bad experience with this. I overloaded with zinc about 250 to 200mg a day and all it did was make me nauseous and everytime I took them and make me have acne all over my chest and back of my neck. I stopped taking them and now the acne cleared.

Zinc has made me a better man. - Handsome Creepy Eel - 01-14-2014

Quote: (01-14-2014 11:15 AM)MidWest Wrote:  

I had a bad experience with this. I overloaded with zinc about 250 to 200mg a day and all it did was make me nauseous and everytime I took them and make me have acne all over my chest and back of my neck. I stopped taking them and now the acne cleared.

This is like a guy noting that he ate 30 pounds of carrots in one day and being amazed to discover that his skin has become orange. Use that shit responsibly, otherwise you'll give it a bad rap.

Zinc has made me a better man. - RexImperator - 01-14-2014

With many micronutrients/vitamins/minerals I believe if you graphed the health benefit vs. intake level you will have an inverted U-shaped curve. If you are low, you benefit from more, but at some point as your levels increase there are diminishing returns, and then finally there can be negative effects if you keep increasing past that amount. More is not always better.