Roosh V Forum
The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) (/thread-28919.html)

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - kaotic - 09-10-2014

Quote: (09-09-2014 10:43 PM)Donkey_Riding Wrote:  

Quote: (09-07-2014 05:09 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

OR Should I push for her number and go for the 1 on 1 ? (I feel like this might look a little thirsty on my part)
Unless you're in a country where it's common to hang out in group settings first (e.g. I think Roosh said this is the case for Iceland), I would not agree to a group meeting.

If you're in the US, girls should have no problem with one-on-one first dates in public venues. The fact that she is getting her friend to contact you to set up a group meeting is frankly ridiculous. Don't cave to their frame. It's needier to put up with them orchestrating such a cockblocking situation (you can't escalate with her friend around).

Meet her one-on-one or not at all. Pos reply: "Tell your friend I don't do chaperones. She can text me herself"

Fuck I should've read this earlier. I setup a plan to meet up on Thursday, that's the bad new.

The good new is: It'd be a double date with my buddy that my home girl is dating. So it's technically not a group thing, if the plans fall through, I'll then use that line.

The only reason I'm even thinking of this shit is cause she's a 9, knocked down to an 8 because of children.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - AneroidOcean - 09-10-2014

Quote: (09-10-2014 10:13 AM)Nomad77 Wrote:  

Recently I asked this young, attractive girl this question: "Have you ever met a guy you weren’t really attracted to and then you became attracted
to him because of his text messages?" Her answer: "No".

This is one of those comments that may at first seem helpful and yet is anything but.

First, I'm not sure why a woman's opinion on how she's attracted means anything. This has been covered at great length. Only actions have significant meaning.

Second, the thread is to try to help guys out of a spot where they're not sure how to respond. It's not intended for guys to necessarily attract a girl that is not attracted to them, but rather not land in the friend zone and not LOSE what attraction they have established.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Sharkey - 09-16-2014

Tinder conversation: girl is a 9.

Backstory she had a picture of herself and two buff dudes.

Me: Do you like meat heads because you can easily outsmart them?

Her: Who is to say I like meatheads? Lol or is this some joke I'm not getting.

Me: oh I was just baselessly judging you by your photos.
What do you look for in your men?

Her: Haha I like smart, funy, laid back guys

Me: Well you're a picky one.
Do you prefer your humor dry or wet?

Her: Dry. Though I don't think anyone says wet humor haha. Do you live in (city)

So on my next response what I'm kind of thinking as of now is:
wet humor is a complicated thing but it's mainly about the sensation you receive from the humor of the guy you're with.
Or something along those lines. Or just keep it somewhat classy and escalate later.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - AneroidOcean - 09-16-2014

Quote: (09-16-2014 05:46 PM)Sharkey Wrote:  

Tinder conversation: girl is a 9.

Backstory she had a picture of herself and two buff dudes.

Me: Do you like meat heads because you can easily outsmart them?

Her: Who is to say I like meatheads? Lol or is this some joke I'm not getting.

Me: oh I was just baselessly judging you by your photos.
What do you look for in your men?

Her: Haha I like smart, funy, laid back guys

Me: Well you're a picky one.
Do you prefer your humor dry or wet?

Her: Dry. Though I don't think anyone says wet humor haha. Do you live in (city)

So on my next response what I'm kind of thinking as of now is:
wet humor is a complicated thing but it's mainly about the sensation you receive from the humor of the guy you're with.
Or something along those lines. Or just keep it somewhat classy and escalate later.

I get the feeling that layering much more humor on top of this will make her interest peter out. I'd transition into logistics as she already green lighted you (she started the segue way asking if you live in her city). Doesn't mean you have to go straight to dry logistics, but you should transition from the humor soon/now.

Oh, and if you wanted to continue the vein of humor, my instant reaction to the dry/wet thing is to keep it double-entendre and go for the "wet humor is when it's dripping with sarcasm or..."

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Sharkey - 09-16-2014

@Ocean
Good call. I like the dripping line, will use and dive into logistics. Appreciate the advice

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - blacknwhitespade - 09-16-2014

I've been trying to nail down a date with this MD chick for several days:

Her: Hi, how has your week been? Finally finished my string of nights! I hope everthing is well. Let me know if ever are free and want to try meeting again.

Me: Hi. Congratulations on getting through your shifts! I've been fairly busy myself, helped my brother move to a new place and went to Michigan this weekend. What else have you been up to?

Her: Great! The weather has gotten chillier. Weekend was good. Hope your brothers move went well

Me: Good, good. Cooler temps indeed. So what does your schedule look like this week?

Her: Not bad so far, but I start the intensive care unit on Friday. With the virus that's going around, the hospitals are already at capacity!

???? She's not giving me anything to work with. Should I just take a stab and ask her to come to X and do Y with me next Wednesday, or something?

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - dancingjohn - 09-16-2014

^she gave you the chance right in the first text.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - MrXY - 09-16-2014

No-if she says she can't that day you'll just end up chasing her again." Well what about Sat? No? Well what about next Tues?" etc

I'm very familiar with this because I've banged a lot of professional type women with busy work schedules and kids. You don't want to have to play guessing games with her, this allows her to set the agenda and puts you in a weak, chasing position and makes you look like you have lots of free time.

Say "Let's hang out soon. What's your schedule like coming up?"

Let her tell you her free days then you pick one, say that day is good for you and suggest a meeting time and activity "OK Wed is good for me, let's meet 745 for drinks at Crazy Joes"

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - blacknwhitespade - 09-16-2014

Quote: (09-16-2014 10:33 PM)MrXY Wrote:  

Those were almost my exact words in my 2nd text up there. She just responded with another "I'm gonna be busy again..." text. I don't know what else to do other than take a shot in the dark and suggest a time or invite her to a specific event/activity. I guess I could press her a bit more and ask her "what times are you working ICU? Let's hang out soon."

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Crownife - 09-16-2014

^^^ you could. but do it next week. this girl sounds really flakey

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - AneroidOcean - 09-17-2014

Quote: (09-16-2014 10:17 PM)blacknwhitespade Wrote:  

I've been trying to nail down a date with this MD chick for several days:

Her: Hi, how has your week been? Finally finished my string of nights! I hope everthing is well. Let me know if ever are free and want to try meeting again.

Pretty engaged text. She is welcoming you spending time with her.

Me: Hi. Congratulations on getting through your shifts! I've been fairly busy myself, helped my brother move to a new place and went to Michigan this weekend. What else have you been up to?

Congratulations on getting through her shifts? Read this entire text a few times. Imagine it being on display in a huge stadium. Would it pass the stadium test? This doesn't. Congratulating a girl for getting through her shifts is major pedestalization. Worse, you fall right into her frame and frankly your answers come off as boring.

Helping your brother move? Boring. Michigan this weekend? Boring. If you're going to volunteer things like that either omit information to let her imagination run or spin it in a much better light. I wouldn't recommend answering her directly, but if you were going to, something like this would be vastly better:

"Great! Partied out in Michigan and saved my brother too. Do you prefer white or red wine [or ask her if she's a cocktail or beer girl]"

Then, segue into a bring the movies date (unlikely with a doctor type) or lounge type date, venue change, bring it back to your place.

Her: Great! The weather has gotten chillier. Weekend was good. Hope your brothers move went well

You're still getting responses, but you can sense the vagina drying up.

Me: Good, good. Cooler temps indeed. So what does your schedule look like this week?

Good, good? What are you an elderly lady? Then you ask her her schedule. She pretty much explained that she's free and you need to hop on it and suggest a date SOON. You agree with her on the temperature going down. Seriously, you think discussing the weather is a good idea? I can sense her vagina going seriously icicle cold.

Her: Not bad so far, but I start the intensive care unit on Friday. With the virus that's going around, the hospitals are already at capacity!

She's bored and also being boring. Bring her out of her world and into yours. She craves excitement that isn't covered in blood or feces, she wants an escape from that world.

???? She's not giving me anything to work with. Should I just take a stab and ask her to come to X and do Y with me next Wednesday, or something?

Yes, as others have said, you didn't offer anything for her to accept. You're supposed to be the pursuer, where is your pursuit? Are you talking to your aunt/mother or are you talking to a woman you want to bend over the table and make her forget all her stress with a good hard deep fuck that brings her to orgasm and she can't stop thinking about while wearing her white doctor's clothes and is bored waiting for the next injured person to come in?

Quote: (09-16-2014 10:46 PM)blacknwhitespade Wrote:  

Quote: (09-16-2014 10:33 PM)MrXY Wrote:  

Those were almost my exact words in my 2nd text up there. She just responded with another "I'm gonna be busy again..." text. I don't know what else to do other than take a shot in the dark and suggest a time or invite her to a specific event/activity. I guess I could press her a bit more and ask her "what times are you working ICU? Let's hang out soon."

A shot in the dark. You sound so scared. What about this woman is so scary? If you're scared of losing her before you ever even had her, why in the world is this?

Quote: (09-16-2014 11:11 PM)Crownife Wrote:  

^^^ you could. but do it next week. this girl sounds really flakey

Bad advice. She is very busy, you need to get into her schedule and PIQUE her interest enough to actually meet with you. Otherwise, the more time that passes, the more this one goes ice cold.

The girl is nowhere near as flaky as he is boring and non-pursuing.

OP, please light a fire in her loins, no more of the elderly talk. Consider texting her that you're real busy but that you'll call her in an hour, then CALL her and get her laughing/interested.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - blacknwhitespade - 09-17-2014

"Good, good. What does your schedule look like this week?" is verbatim from Bang, just sayin'.

I'm gonna press her with a "let's meet soon..." text, and maybe allude to something interesting she could come do with me.

If I sound boring and non-pursuing, honestly it's because I am at this point. This is like my 4th pass at trying to arrange a date with her, she's been busy/flakey. I've called, she doesn't answer. I've suggested meet ups, tried to pique her interest via texts, absolutely no rise out of her. However, she keeps coming back with the texts like above. Seriously, I pushed hard for a 2nd date right away, but she's totally deflated things with her busy/flakiness. I'll try one more hail mary text or call and that's it.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Sharkey - 09-17-2014

Need a quick hurdle over an objection. Finished up logistics found out her area.

Conversation:

Me: oh that's a good area, I just moved away because of how bad traffic has been due to x.
But I know a great place in the area. Let's meet up at bar x. Does tonight or Friday work better for you. ( I have other plans tomorrow)

Her:well tonight I have a lot of studying to do! And I'm going home for the weekend

Obviously studying can be pushed aside. The only acceptable excuse is "I have a test tomorrow" but I don't believe it a good idea to offer the excuse by asking "do you have a test tomorrow?"

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - eradicator - 09-17-2014

Quote: (09-17-2014 06:15 PM)Sharkey Wrote:  

Need a quick hurdle over an objection. Finished up logistics found out her area.

Conversation:

Me: oh that's a good area, I just moved away because of how bad traffic has been due to x.
But I know a great place in the area. Let's meet up at bar x. Does tonight or Friday work better for you. ( I have other plans tomorrow)

Her:well tonight I have a lot of studying to do! And I'm going home for the weekend

Obviously studying can be pushed aside. The only acceptable excuse is "I have a test tomorrow" but I don't believe it a good idea to offer the excuse by asking "do you have a test tomorrow?"

You can try "hit the books so you will have time for some fun in your day. meet at bar x at 9pm this evening. wear heels" all in lower case.

Or just say "cool, i'll hit you up next week" if you like. and don't give them a choice in the future about the day and time. that is letting her control the frame way too much.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Sharkey - 09-17-2014

Yes, one thing I always double check before anything comes out of my mouth or text is, am I framing this in my favor or hers. If any doubt of my ownership, rewording must happen. But I must ask, why all lower case? That is actually more work than not. And if the idea is to come off as nonchalant, why put in more effort than you need to? I would assume bad punctuation would be a better form of showing her the idgaf attitude. But nothing pisses me off more than an incoherent idea in typed format.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - LouEvilSlugger - 09-20-2014

[Image: ORV8WiA.png?1]

I'm thinking of going with ''Wear something cute''

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - eradicator - 09-20-2014

Quote: (09-17-2014 07:08 PM)Sharkey Wrote:  

Yes, one thing I always double check before anything comes out of my mouth or text is, am I framing this in my favor or hers. If any doubt of my ownership, rewording must happen. But I must ask, why all lower case? That is actually more work than not. And if the idea is to come off as nonchalant, why put in more effort than you need to? I would assume bad punctuation would be a better form of showing her the idgaf attitude. But nothing pisses me off more than an incoherent idea in typed format.

turn off your autocorrect. I just get a better response from younger women when I am not using proper capitalization and punctuation. If I ask a question, I do not use a question mark while texting. I do not capitalize their names or any proper names for that matter.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - eradicator - 09-20-2014

Quote: (09-20-2014 12:32 PM)eradicator Wrote:  

Quote: (09-17-2014 07:08 PM)Sharkey Wrote:  

turn off your autocorrect. I just get a better response from younger women when I am not using proper capitalization and punctuation. If I ask a question, I do not use a question mark while texting. I do not capitalize their names or any proper names for that matter.

Quote: (09-20-2014 12:26 PM)LouEvilSlugger Wrote:  

perfect

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - MrXY - 09-20-2014

"Wear something cute" is good but i would first text "ok" then immediately follow by texting your line.

You are more likely to get laid if you verbally acknowledge a girls ASD as if you agree with it. This gives her plaiusible deniability in her mind.

Then later ignore it and escalate as usual

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - robreke - 09-20-2014

Had an ex stand me up last Tuesday night....I texted her 30 minutes before I'd be late and no show no call nothing. So I sent her the definition of "flake" from urban dictionary.

Next afternoon she texted it was an honest mistake and when she finally got her phone turned on later that night and she was going to apologize and explan but ...when she saw the flake definition text I sent, she was "turned off" and didn't think it warranted response. I talked her into coming by later that afternoon to my office. We talked and kissed goodbye. It had been 3 weeks since our breakup.

Thursday...we text-set up a date for Sunday night at 7 at a restaurant ( same restaurant as our first date)

Question about what to 'text next' : should I text her a confirm earlier in day on Sunday or just show up at 7 and assume the sale. She does have a history of being late on dates and that was the first time she stood me up though she still swears it was an "honest mistake"

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - robreke - 09-20-2014

Quote: (09-20-2014 03:09 PM)robreke Wrote:  

Had an ex stand me up last Tuesday night....I texted her 30 minutes before I'd be late and no show no call nothing. So I sent her the definition of "flake" from urban dictionary.

Next afternoon she texted it was an honest mistake and when she finally got her phone turned on later that night and she was going to apologize and explain but ...when she saw the flake definition text I sent, she was "turned off" and didn't think it warranted response. I talked her into coming by later that afternoon to my office. We talked and kissed goodbye. It had been 3 weeks since our breakup.

Thursday...we text-set up a date for Sunday night at 7 at a restaurant ( same restaurant as our first date)

Question about what to 'text next' : should I text her a confirm earlier in day on Sunday or just show up at 7 and assume the sale. She does have a history of being late on dates and that was the first time she stood me up though she still swears it was an "honest mistake"

this is a chick you are broken up with? Stop contacting her completely and move on and start working on new women. Do 50 approaches and come back and talk to us. If you were dating for a while, you will be rusty as a fork that sat in your sink for a year. Start talking to girls, set up some dates, bang other women and move on with your life. I can already tell this chick is poison by her flakiness. What she is doing is treating you like an ex.

I would text her "after some time to think, i don't think we should meet up again. good luck"

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Valhalla - 09-20-2014

I'm getting cockblocked by this okc girl's roommate

Our first date was spent in the car next to her house the whole time because her roommate didn't want me in the house incase I was a serial killer. She was down to sleep with me that night but I passed.

The night after we were supposed to meet to bang at her place she tells me her roommate won't let me in till we've hung out more and they had a fight about it so she wants to hang out (we live 30 mi from each other and going on dates is exhausting and boring to me)

I'v never experienced a situation like this. The girl in question isn't lying since she was naked in my car last night and down to sleep with me

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Carlos100 - 09-21-2014

Started a message exchange on FB with a Fillapina female friend who I hadn't talked to for 20 years and I never banged (I dated her best friend). We exchanged photos. Of my photo, she replied, "Wow, you got old[Image: angry.gif]. Sorry. when we met you we thought you were cute[Image: smile.gif]"

Her photo was of her in skimpy clothes showing that she is definitely a wall survivor, although cosmetic surgery appears to have been involved. I tried to return the backhanded compliment she gave me with ambiguity, saying, "Thnx for the photo, you look a lot different than I remember."

Was that the best response?

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - jay_penetratem - 09-21-2014

Quote: (09-20-2014 12:26 PM)LouEvilSlugger Wrote:  

She really..really..really wants the D.

I would just switch the conversation - just say something like 'I only asked for drinks I hadn't got to the coming home stage yet!'. Get her comfortable so she meets. A few drinks later 'How about we continue the party at mine'. Closure.