Roosh V Forum
Post about a manly thing you did today - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Post about a manly thing you did today (/thread-15766.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Post about a manly thing you did today - Hypno - 09-27-2017

Buried my father today, but I wanted to point out a manly thing someone else did. My father served in WWII and was buried with military honors. A young marine played taps more poignantly than I had ever heard it played before. Then he and a partner folded the flag in the most solemn manner you could imagine. When they had completed it, they presented it to my sister who had cared for him in his later years and said, "On behalf of the President of the United States, I present this flag to you in memory of your loved one's service." I had kept it together pretty well until then.

Post about a manly thing you did today - Turnus - 09-27-2017

Quote: (09-27-2017 04:25 AM)Hypno Wrote:  

Buried my father today, but I wanted to point out a manly thing someone else did. My father served in WWII and was buried with military honors. A young marine played taps more poignantly than I had ever heard it played before. Then he and a partner folded the flag in the most solemn manner you could imagine. When they had completed it, they presented it to my sister who had cared for him in his later years and said, "On behalf of the President of the United States, I present this flag to you in memory of your loved one's service." I had kept it together pretty well until then.

Sorry for your loss and I thank your father for his service. The greatest generation.

Post about a manly thing you did today - alexalex77 - 10-12-2017

I washed my car today and it's a big deal for me

Post about a manly thing you did today - justforfun19713 - 10-12-2017

[Image: ttmt.jpg]

(if you are viewing this on a mobile device, it's a picture of my Trump 'Make America Great' cufflinks).

Some may find this more passive aggressive than Manly; I welcome a difference of opinion in this regard.

I have a meeting with some folks at CBS this afternoon, and I don’t particularly like most of the people who will be at the meeting. I find them to be condescending and rude, as well as unnecessarily difficult to work with. One of those customers that, if I lost them for some strange reason, I would be 100% OK with it. Maybe this will help.

As is typical in some circles in the Entertainment Business, the little pricks have their meeting rooms filled with pictures with and from famous people… Including ones with Harvey Weinstein (or at least were until conveniently being taken down by now).

Decided these were the cufflinks to wear today… I cannot wait to see the looks on faces and observe the triggering when these are noticed!

Post about a manly thing you did today - AneroidOcean - 10-13-2017

While I know that many won't consider this as manly as chopping wood, or some other really physical endeavour, but I feel that this is honorable enough to include here:

I've got a close older friend that lives close by who has sons approaching adulthood and he keeps asking me to teach them a skill that I was taught at a young age. I've been failing for various reasons to teach them, but have loaned them some gear and given them some good information. So recently I've taken the two youngest ones out and taught them a number of things as well as convinced them to enter a tournament and hunt with me on the competition day. They have a long way to go, but I managed to get them safely through completing the tournament and even scoring some minimal points.

Even more recently I convinced the youngest to drive out to my club's meeting as there was a really good speaker on a really relevant topic this time of year and he had a great time, learned a lot, and went home to finish his studies despite him probably having to stay up late for it. I still have much to learn myself, but it feels great to be able to teach others and start fulfilling my promise to my friend. Really good young men, look forward to helping them better themselves.

Post about a manly thing you did today - Genghis Khan - 10-16-2017

For the first time in my life, as a 28y old who has never eaten meat and being a 14th generation vegetarian, I ate chicken

Post about a manly thing you did today - 5-7 Hedonist - 10-16-2017

Picked some things from my garden, peppers and what's left of tomatoes. This may be the last of the season, frost is in the forecast.

Post about a manly thing you did today - Leonard D Neubache - 10-16-2017

Quote: (10-16-2017 05:28 PM)Genghis Khan Wrote:  

For the first time in my life, as a 28y old who has never eaten meat and being a 14th generation vegetarian, I ate chicken

There's a whole thread in this, updates being required beyond the original story which must be of reasonable interest at least.

I'm sure there are plenty of guys here who will want to know what changes your body chemistry undergoes, myself included.

Farm some reps, bro.

Post about a manly thing you did today - Kona - 10-16-2017

A fourteenth generation vegetarian?

We need some details here.

Aloha!

Post about a manly thing you did today - RoastBeefCurtains4Me - 10-16-2017

Quote: (10-16-2017 08:37 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Aloha!

I only know my family tree about that far back, but I don't know what they liked to eat.

Quote: (10-16-2017 08:42 PM)RoastBeefCurtains4Me Wrote:  

Aloha!

I only know my family tree about that far back, but I don't know what they liked to eat.

Edit: if the OP is from Asia, there's a good chance he's talking about his namesame. However, that's more than 14 generations.

New thread idea, maybe with a poll.

What's the farthest back you know your lineage father to father to father? I know back to 1640, with one gap around 1780, which still must date back to the guy in 1640.

Post about a manly thing you did today - Travel Museums - 10-16-2017

Had a girl show up at my apt 9am. Crawl into bed. Fuck me. Woke up 2pm. Climbed Rio’s tallest mountain together. Hit a couple waterfalls. Came home for dinner. Fucked her. Slept.

Without having ever had it, did you still know it "tastes like chicken"?

Edit: I've always heard bacon is the gateway meat that leads vegetarians astray.

Post about a manly thing you did today - Kona - 10-16-2017

Quote: (10-16-2017 08:50 PM)RoastBeefCurtains4Me Wrote:  

Edit: I've always heard bacon is the gateway meat that leads vegetarians astray.

After 14 generations I'm willing to bet dude is in the hospital right now.

Edit: how was the chicken prepared?

Aloha!

Post about a manly thing you did today - Kona - 10-17-2017

Quote: (10-16-2017 08:44 PM)RoastBeefCurtains4Me Wrote:  

Aloha!

Edit: if the OP is from Asia, there's a good chance he's talking about his namesame. However, that's more than 14 generations.

You know maybe if he's in Asia hes a descendant of General Tso himself?

Is that why they stopped eating chicken in your lineage? You feel that it brings shame to your family?

I really want to know how a fourteenth generation vegetarian exists, its driving me to drink.

Aloha!

Post about a manly thing you did today - Striking - 10-17-2017

Quote: (10-17-2017 01:59 AM)Kona Wrote:  

Quote: (10-16-2017 08:44 PM)RoastBeefCurtains4Me Wrote:  

Aloha!

You know maybe if he's in Asia hes a descendant of General Tso himself?

Is that why they stopped eating chicken in your lineage? You feel that it brings shame to your family?

I really want to know how a fourteenth generation vegetarian exists, its driving me to drink.

Aloha!

Now you have to go eat a fine rib eye steak ! Dude, you'll go to heaven for half an hour.. Seriously fuck vegetarianism; it's like cuckolding yourself.

Post about a manly thing you did today - Suits - 10-17-2017

^Agreed.

Post about a manly thing you did today - Genghis Khan - 10-17-2017

Quote: (10-16-2017 08:33 PM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

There's a whole thread in this, updates being required beyond the original story which must be of reasonable interest at least.

I'm sure there are plenty of guys here who will want to know what changes your body chemistry undergoes, myself included.

Farm some reps, bro.

OK, give me a few months.

I got bloodwork done for T levels and thyroid functioning. Should give me a baseline - did it today, so after having had chicken yesterday. Though I doubt one chicken breast will have a noticeable impact on my bloodwork. Also getting vitamin D levels done this week. I'm going to optimize vitamin D levels (and Zinc/Magnesium levels) as much as I can. Optimize my workouts and sleep as much as I can as well.

I may do bloodwork again. It's a bit pricey, so I might just skip it and go with subjective changes in how I feel.

Then I might start eating meat again (in about 2 months), do it consistently and see what happens. Bloodwork after a few months

Things I'll be particularly keeping track of:

* body - I'm on the skinnyfat side. I've been working out for a few years, but I've gotten poor results: I see guys gain more muscle in 6 months than I have in 2 years. It could be a difference in genetics, but my hypothesis is that it's really partly a lack of protein, but also due to eating too many carbs (due to lack of satiety of non-animal products) and resulting insulin resistance.

* change in energy levels. I was a pretty energetic person for my entire life, though last 2 years it's been lagging. One possibility is natural drop in T (at least natural here being defined as by environmental estrogenic effects), another is lack of purpose in life. However, it'll be interesting to see if the meat makes a significant difference.

* sleep quality and schedule - I average 10 hours a day. A bit more than I like. I'm curious to discover if the quality of my sleep would improve. Two main indicators: hours of sleep and if I can get up early in the morning. I especially struggle hard to get up. I don't wake up bursting with energy.

PS I was vegan for the past 8 years as well, with potentially minor amount of dairy here and there due to food prep/ingredients at restaurants (I've had a few instances where they neglected to mention there's cheese in the food etc.).

Eating meat yesterday was more a mental battle than anything else - it's a big taboo in my culture. Got that done - if T levels come back normal and vitamin D/zinc/magnesium supplementation fix issues, I might not end up incorporating meat.

I don't have a particular affinity for food, never have. So resisting any temptation has been stupidly easy for me. I've heard the same about bacon being the gateway meat - bacon doesn't appeal to me quite frankly. You might also notice from above that I'm trying out meat for pragmatic and health reasons, and not so much curiosity or taste.

As for the taste, I believe I had chicken breast (since I don't know anything about meat, pardon the uncertainty). I'd always assumed meat would taste like cheese - seemed like it had a similar texture. When I had it, honestly, it tasted and felt like I was eating cooked tofu - really bland, same texture. So weirdly enough, it didn't taste 'surprising'. As in, I was thinking: "yeah I'm oddly enough not surprised this is what chicken tastes like". For full details: it was seasoned with lime and oregano. There wasn't any "oh, so this is what meat tastes like" - maybe that'll come with steak or bacon. But chicken, yeah it tastes like cooked tofu, maybe mozzarella cheese.

Aloha!

I'm of Indian origin. There are probably hundreds of millions of us. Especially Hindu Brahmins and Jains, most have been vegetarians for several generations. I can track back my family lineage 14 generation, although the reality is that I may be a 38th generation vegetarian or something. I don't know exactly how far back my ancestors gave up meat, only that 13 generations ago they had to be vegetarian. There's probably at least a few million Indians out there whose ancestors have been vegetarian for 2000+ years, which would come out to 40-50 generations. Maybe even further back than that. Especially Brahmins, who like all other Hindus, marry within caste - so vegetarian Brahmins marrying vegetarian Brahmins throughout centuries.

On a sidenote, regarding Genghis Khan - since Mongols were steppe people, they most certainly consumed heavy amounts of dairy and meat. There wasn't really much kale or beans to be found in the Central Asian/Mongolian steppes. So haha, not related to my namesake or General Tso.

Post about a manly thing you did today - little wing - 10-17-2017

Hit a new deadlift PR

Post about a manly thing you did today - RoastBeefCurtains4Me - 10-17-2017

I may be wrong about this, but I have a visceral feeling that eating meat instead of being vegetarian is closely akin to taking the red pill. Specifically, the part of the red pill where a man stops feeling ashamed of his desire for sex, and stops apologizing to his wife or girlfriend for wanting it, and starts asking why the fuck he's wasting his time with a woman that doesn't keep his balls drained.

The two things feel very closely related to me.

Edit: I don't mean to rip on GH. Good luck in your search for nutrition and energy. I think you will find that protein plus heavy lifting will make a big difference. While your culture is strongly oriented towards vegetarianism, human animals are omnivores, and human men are much more powerful and aggressive when fueled with a high protein diet. You could still raise your protein intake a lot with milk whey based suppliments if you wanted to go that whey.

Quote: (10-17-2017 04:46 PM)Genghis Khan Wrote:  

Quote: (10-16-2017 08:33 PM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

Farm some reps, bro.

OK, give me a few months.

I got bloodwork done for T levels and thyroid functioning. Should give me a baseline - did it today, so after having had chicken yesterday. Though I doubt one chicken breast will have a noticeable impact on my bloodwork. Also getting vitamin D levels done this week. I'm going to optimize vitamin D levels (and Zinc/Magnesium levels) as much as I can. Optimize my workouts and sleep as much as I can as well.

I may do bloodwork again. It's a bit pricey, so I might just skip it and go with subjective changes in how I feel.

Then I might start eating meat again (in about 2 months), do it consistently and see what happens. Bloodwork after a few months

Things I'll be particularly keeping track of:

* body - I'm on the skinnyfat side. I've been working out for a few years, but I've gotten poor results: I see guys gain more muscle in 6 months than I have in 2 years. It could be a difference in genetics, but my hypothesis is that it's really partly a lack of protein, but also due to eating too many carbs (due to lack of satiety of non-animal products) and resulting insulin resistance.

* change in energy levels. I was a pretty energetic person for my entire life, though last 2 years it's been lagging. One possibility is natural drop in T (at least natural here being defined as by environmental estrogenic effects), another is lack of purpose in life. However, it'll be interesting to see if the meat makes a significant difference.

* sleep quality and schedule - I average 10 hours a day. A bit more than I like. I'm curious to discover if the quality of my sleep would improve. Two main indicators: hours of sleep and if I can get up early in the morning. I especially struggle hard to get up. I don't wake up bursting with energy.

PS I was vegan for the past 8 years as well, with potentially minor amount of dairy here and there due to food prep/ingredients at restaurants (I've had a few instances where they neglected to mention there's cheese in the food etc.).

Eating meat yesterday was more a mental battle than anything else - it's a big taboo in my culture. Got that done - if T levels come back normal and vitamin D/zinc/magnesium supplementation fix issues, I might not end up incorporating meat.

I don't have a particular affinity for food, never have. So resisting any temptation has been stupidly easy for me. I've heard the same about bacon being the gateway meat - bacon doesn't appeal to me quite frankly. You might also notice from above that I'm trying out meat for pragmatic and health reasons, and not so much curiosity or taste.

As for the taste, I believe I had chicken breast (since I don't know anything about meat, pardon the uncertainty). I'd always assumed meat would taste like cheese - seemed like it had a similar texture. When I had it, honestly, it tasted and felt like I was eating cooked tofu - really bland, same texture. So weirdly enough, it didn't taste 'surprising'. As in, I was thinking: "yeah I'm oddly enough not surprised this is what chicken tastes like". For full details: it was seasoned with lime and oregano. There wasn't any "oh, so this is what meat tastes like" - maybe that'll come with steak or bacon. But chicken, yeah it tastes like cooked tofu, maybe mozzarella cheese.

Aloha!

I'm of Indian origin. There are probably hundreds of millions of us. Especially Hindu Brahmins and Jains, most have been vegetarians for several generations. I can track back my family lineage 14 generation, although the reality is that I may be a 38th generation vegetarian or something. I don't know exactly how far back my ancestors gave up meat, only that 13 generations ago they had to be vegetarian. There's probably at least a few million Indians out there whose ancestors have been vegetarian for 2000+ years, which would come out to 40-50 generations. Maybe even further back than that. Especially Brahmins, who like all other Hindus, marry within caste - so vegetarian Brahmins marrying vegetarian Brahmins throughout centuries.

On a sidenote, regarding Genghis Khan - since Mongols were steppe people, they most certainly consumed heavy amounts of dairy and meat. There wasn't really much kale or beans to be found in the Central Asian/Mongolian steppes. So haha, not related to my namesake or General Tso.

Post about a manly thing you did today - Genghis Khan - 10-17-2017

Quote: (10-17-2017 08:55 PM)RoastBeefCurtains4Me Wrote:  

I may be wrong about this, but I have a visceral feeling that eating meat instead of being vegetarian is closely akin to taking the red pill. Specifically, the part of the red pill where a man stops feeling ashamed of his desire for sex, and stops apologizing to his wife or girlfriend for wanting it, and starts asking why the fuck he's wasting his time with a woman that doesn't keep his balls drained.

The two things feel very closely related to me.

Edit: I don't mean to rip on GH. Good luck in your search for nutrition and energy. I think you will find that protein plus heavy lifting will make a big difference. While your culture is strongly oriented towards vegetarianism, human animals are omnivores, and human men are much more powerful and aggressive when fueled with a high protein diet. You could still raise your protein intake a lot with milk whey based suppliments if you wanted to go that whey.

I didn't mention this before, but as I'm on the fence about meat - a big reason why I'm even on the fence in the first place is that I keep seeing a strong correlation between liberalism/feminism and vegetarianism. It's hard for me not to see the correlation and it made me wonder where vegetarianism in ancient India came from. Was it an idea from the liberals of ancient India and it just stuck around for another 2 millennia. I don't know the answer for sure. But I'd be lying if I said that discovering the red pill and learning how humans really operate hadn't spurred on this line of questioning for me.

In terms of animal product consumption, my opinion is that there are only two logical options: either you consume none or you have no qualms about consuming any. When I discovered how much suffering/pain goes into even raising dairy cows, I made the decision milk and its byproducts aren't any worse than meat.

As for my culture - although there are some things I absolutely adore - like any culture there are other things that are unbecoming. India has had a history of being conquered consistently, over and over again. I'm sure there are tons of complexities involved, but I can't help but wonder if the caste system is to blame: only the warrior caste fights. What if India didn't have a caste system and ALL men fought for their homeland, not just those designated by birth to do so. The Kshatriyas (warrior caste) are exempt from vegetarianism, so they can build muscle and fight. Perhaps it's time Brahmins pick up their share of the fighting - it would possible imply they'd have to eat meat too. From a purely red pill POV - men fight an conquer each other, and if you slack, you die - I don't know if I can condone vegetarianism on a civilizational level like this.

Just thinking out loud though. Regardless, thanks for the words of encouragement.

Post about a manly thing you did today - RoastBeefCurtains4Me - 10-17-2017

Genghis,

What you're describing with your sense of the connection between liberalism and vegetarianism is the same sense as I was describing. As you said, the warrior caste, and in general the kind of men who fight to conquer each other are meat eaters. It's interesting that in Hindu society, both the Brahmin caste and the lower castes are vegetarian. It must be necessary for the top caste to be vegetarian before the lower castes can accept it.

Civilization only arose a few hundred generations ago, and those primitive people created certain social patterns that worked at that time, and ended up setting a pattern that lasts to this day.

The pattern of patriarchy and one man one woman marrying for life was a good pattern. The pattern of vegetarianism for the subservient classes, not so much.

From my point of view, if I was a man in the subservient classes, I would rather do what it takes to be a member of the conquering classes than remain in the status I was born into.

I feel this way on one level, but it's not really true. I wouldn't agree to slaughter the other sheeple to become one of the rulers. I'd try to rebel and fire up the other sheeple and kill our oppressors in that case.

In any case, it's a moot point. I was born into a meat eating culture, and you weren't. It's impossible for me to know how it feels. I'd say you should throw off your cultural conditioning and become a meat eater, but I feel the weight of my cultural conditioning, and I'm sure it's not easy. I'd say go for a high protein diet for sure, then decide if you are willing to adopt a conqueror's mindset and diet.

Edit: I forgot that my username is quite relevant here! I think of it in terms of meaty pussy lips, but I'm a fan of roast beef in general. I ate some while typing this post.

Post about a manly thing you did today - spokepoker - 10-17-2017

I thought the vegetarianism of India was based on their religion, Hinduism, and how everyone is reincarnated as something, so they don't want to eat relatives.

Post about a manly thing you did today - Kobe - 10-17-2017

played bball for 3 hours