Roosh V Forum
Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Rap/Hip-Hop Thread (/thread-52045.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - azulsombra - 12-15-2017

New Em album is almost unlistenable, there are maybe 4 solid tracks. He repeats the same tired themes over subpar beats, his flow is as good as ever but there are a lot of corny lines on this one.

I dont know what his goal was here, he obviously wasnt trying to please critics or fans with this one. I dont think he was doing what he wanted to do either, unless he secretly aspired to be a popstar for the last 20 years. The typical Eminem humor is gone, he's got no targets other than Trump and doesnt seem to be having any fun throughout the album.

This album is pop heavy with a good dose of rock beats and only a trickle of hiphop. 7 Pop features? Its a disgrace from someone people try to hold up as the GOAT. Drake's albums are more hiphop than this release. MMLP2 wasnt perfect but it was better than this.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - XXL - 12-15-2017

To me it sounds like he tried to do something different than usual. Overall it's a huge mess with weird beats and flow that does not match. Unlistenable to me in one go. Exactly like Compton album by Dre. Even separate songs I wanted to rewind. Strange that the best song to me is the simplest one everything fits there.

I think he tried to experiment here like he did on Recovery (whick was lame too).

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Eddie Winslow - 12-15-2017

I hate to say it - but Em has been unlistenable to me for a very, very long time.

I will say he was truly an innovator and extremely talented lyrically. You have to be legend status to not only be accepted, but receive the highest praise from the rap industry as a white boy. 8 Mile was a great movie.

Unfortunately, he opened up the flood gates for all of the clowns we have today. With social media, no one needs to battle or think on his feet. Anyone can stand in front of their webcam and take 20 attempts rapping their pre-written lyrics until it sounds just right, then edit it and post it on Youtube and still receive millions of views. Any retard with a smart phone can talk shit and act hard from hundreds of miles away on Instagram.

Now Justin Bieber look-a-likes feel comfortable getting face tattoos and rapping on stage.

[Image: attachment.jpg38143]   

Make this kid go through a fraction of the struggles Em had to go through to be accepted and he'd be hanging himself on Facebook Live by Christmas. How is Em supposed to compete anymore?

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - captain_shane - 12-31-2017

Joyner Lucas is gonna get big. Same guy that did the "I'm not Racist" song that blew up.

Atlantic told me that my flow a hundred
But my album ain't come unless I got a fuckin' single
Well I don't give a fuck about no hit record
I'mma just remix y'all shit and get big off it
I'mma just murder every mother fucking beat while I'm dreaming of gettin' paid in my mother fuckin' sleep, goddamn

[Image: 1j1eul.jpg?a420648]

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - azulsombra - 01-01-2018

Lil Wayne's Dedication 6 tape is lit. Maybe 2018 will actually see a Carter V release.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Goldin Boy - 04-11-2018

Damn no one posts new hip-hop...I used to rely on this thread to find new shit.

Just listened to the Cardi B. Album "Invasion of Privacy:

Summary: Very good beats. I'm now 98% positive she's got ghostwriters though. I recommend it if you like her other songs/mixtapes. Some of the stand-out tracks imo:

Best song on the album for lyricism. She tells a compelling story on this one.

(the sequel to Bodak Yellow)

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Goldin Boy - 04-11-2018

Also just listened to Forever M.C & It's Different(self-titled album).

Never heard of rappers but one of the producer's is an associate of mine and highly recommended it.

Verdict: I was impressed. These guys have a good ear for beats and the features work well on nearly all the songs.

Downside is too many features, the main artists are constantly eclipsed by their features(which must've cost a fortune) and this album feels more like a color-by-number compilation mixtape with trite themes (lyrical track, the slutty girl track, west coast track, etc) than a cohesive album. Hooks are kinda weak as they do this dubstep, electronic thing on all of the songs that's awkward at times(namely over the boombap tracks).

Unrelated to the above but this song "Freaky Friday" is hella creative:

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - ShotgunUppercuts - 04-11-2018

I heard one song off that forever mc album (the one with lupe on it)
Cant get with the pop beats but the berses were cool.did expect to hear the winners circle on this album

Hus kingpin is ill if you havent checked him out yet

Hous of kingpin :the revamp

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - ShotgunUppercuts - 04-11-2018

My man roc marciano dropped the second part of rosebudds revenge. I still havent heard it aside from this joint here.he also has another album dropping this year with DJ muggs.Hopefully we get Metal clergy also.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - brick tamland - 04-12-2018

Some music I listened to in the past few months in no particular order-

Ty Dolla Sign (beach house 3) - Ty Dolla Sign is underrated. I guess he's not a straight out rapper but he's got good concepts for music. Easy to listen to. And on this album he's got a who's who of featured performers.

A tribe called quest (We got it from here...) - Okay so Q Tip is apparently anti-Trump. This is the legendary group's last release after a very long break. Phyfe Dawg passed away before it's release. This 2 disc album just needs to be listened to - you'll either appreciate it or be undecided.

Future (hndrrx) - this one's been referred to in this thread. It's my favourite one by Future, of those I've heard. Hope he keeps releasing this year.

Rapsody (laila's wisdom) - Rapsody is a woman and this could be a new benchmark. There's no trap at all. Same applies to a tribe called quest's album above. ''Chrome'', ''Pay up'' and ''nobody'' are unforgettable tracks.

Various artists (Black panther the album) - this is basically a Kendrick Lamar album. Yes, he's still the titan of this music, and as creative as ever. I wondered what direction he would take after ''damn'' but now I know he still has several classic albums left to make. Four South Africans (my compatriots) feature in this album. I love ''bloody waters'' featuring anderson paak.

(to be continued)

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Stonk - 04-15-2018

My current Playlist.

Incognito (Mixtape) by Boogey.
Dedication 6 (Mixtape) by Lil Wayne.
Radio Silence by Talib Kweli.
Syre by Baden Smith.
508-507-2209 by Joyner Lucas.
Outside by Burna Boy.

Also enjoying The Weeknd's "Delayed Melancholy".

Good stuff.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Goldin Boy - 04-15-2018

Just finished "The Blakk Tape" by Conway the Machine

If you're a fan of Griselda Gang/Westside Gunn already, stop reading this post and just download it off DatPiff.

If not, check it out if you like Roc Marciano, Mayhem Lauren or D-Block.

The closest thing to boom bap hip-hop that's out right now. Production is excellent. While Conway isn't great with punchlines/metaphors/similes he has great imagery in verses, which a skill that most rappers lack and give his gangsta rap credibility. No wonder Eminem signed him. Stand-out tracks:

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - coverdoc - 04-15-2018

Been meaning to come here. Glad to see we are still alive.

First off, if you aren't watching Atlanta, slap the shit out of yourself and start. Lots of fire hiphop played through out the show.

Cardi B album is decent, but def has ghost writers(I don't care).

Rich the kid has been kiliing it lately: I recommend his song with kendrick and his song with Jay Critch. Links below for you lazy suckers:

Secondly, one of my chicas introduced me to this. Chick below is dropping straight bars

Cheers!

-CD

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Huey - 04-23-2018

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Fortis - 04-23-2018

How the fuck do you guys listen to Cardi B? I hear her voice and I immediately turn the track off. She has one of the worst voices in hiphop and her rhymes make Waka Flocka sound like a fucking scholar. I know I sound like a grandpa, but I hear that track she did with Juicy J on his "highly intoxicated" mixtape and I felt like it made me autistic for a few seconds.

It's been a very long time since I've actually truly hated an artist, but Cardi B is probably that artist. What the fuck happened to Hiphop? How are people like this actually get air-time? Goddamn.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Pride male - 04-23-2018

Wht is Ja Rule so under rated? One of my favourite rappers with dope lyrics.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - 456 - 04-23-2018

He always had this vocal arrangement where it would be like

[His voice octave higher]
His voice [doubled]
[His voice octave lower]

and the tracks always had this dope thick Orchestral Pluck (pizzicato) sound during the hooks.

He helped pioneer the classic r&b formula of "rapper rapping/singing + female vocalist on hook" with those early aughties collabos with J-Lo and Ashanti.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - GringoSolo - 04-27-2018

Just listened to Aystar - Scousematic 2

Worth a spin. If you can handle the accent.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - azulsombra - 04-27-2018

Quote: (04-23-2018 07:25 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

How the fuck do you guys listen to Cardi B? I hear her voice and I immediately turn the track off.

Yeah Cardi's voice sucks, but I hate Wiz khalifa's even more. I can't even listen to a track where he is a featured artist. Talk about no bars, and weak delivery. Cardi's ghostwriters aren't that bad. I'm not a fan of hers but she holds her own on Motorsport and a few other tracks.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - coverdoc - 04-27-2018

Quote: (04-27-2018 10:37 AM)azulsombra Wrote:  

Quote: (04-23-2018 07:25 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

How the fuck do you guys listen to Cardi B? I hear her voice and I immediately turn the track off.

Yeah Cardi's voice sucks, but I hate Wiz khalifa's even more. I can't even listen to a track where he is a featured artist. Talk about no bars, and weak delivery. Cardi's ghostwriters aren't that bad. I'm not a fan of hers but she holds her own on Motorsport and a few other tracks.

I actually like wiz's flow. He's stepped it up since the days of Prince of the city. Kush and Orange Juice is still on spin for me.

-CD

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Mochihunter - 05-08-2018

Anyone listen to the new Childish Gambino song? It's getting a lot of hype.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Avon Barksdale - 05-08-2018

Papoose took his hat off you..know shits gonna go down

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Kish - 05-08-2018

Quote: (05-08-2018 01:20 PM)Mochihunter Wrote:  

Anyone listen to the new Childish Gambino song? It's getting a lot of hype.

I didn’t really like it. I miss the old Childish Gambino. He was making good music between 2011-2014

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Mikestar - 05-26-2018

Asap Rocky's testing - very chill album, no true bangers. Imo a bit dissapointing.

Pusha T's Daytona though - this bangs. I wish there were more songs on the album. Thoughts?

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - azulsombra - 05-26-2018

Quote: (05-26-2018 05:30 AM)Mikestar Wrote:  

Asap Rocky's testing - very chill album, no true bangers. Imo a bit dissapointing.

Pusha T's Daytona though - this bangs. I wish there were more songs on the album. Thoughts?

Blame Kanye.
Pusha said in an interview that every album the label releases this year will have 7 tracks. Due to Kanye's orders.