Roosh V Forum
The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) (/thread-56029.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - puckerman - 06-09-2018

Quote: (06-09-2018 10:59 AM)Rhyme or Reason Wrote:  

Quote: (06-09-2018 08:46 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Former heroin addict. Emotionally unstable from the beginning.
And he was painfully Blue Pill - he was a in fact a radical Blue Piller for whom this is his most important defining mechanism.

Drug addicts tend to be extremely blue pill. Even in recovery. I am not entirely sure why this is. Nothing is more Blue Pill than AA, which tends to be the tool for recovery for most.

It apparently only works for about 10% of the people. It does have some value though. My comments are based on experiences with other twelve-step groups. Here are the good things:

1. They NEVER cancel meetings. Commitment is a big part of making a positive change. This type of consistency is essential to success.
2. It provides a support system and people you can call when you need help. Phone lists are exchanged, voluntary, of course.
3. It's cheap. They pass the hat, and you are expected to contribute $1.
4. They stay on-topic. They always say: "We have no opinion on outside issues."
5. They have good tools for putting out fires (personality conflicts) before they explode.

Here are the bad things:
1. You are constantly told you have no control and are weak.
2. There is too much talk about god and whatever.
3. A large part of meetings is simply repeating material over and over again--meeting can be an hour, and this will be the first half hour. They read the twelve steps, the twelve traditions, etc. This gets boring after the third or fourth meeting.
4. Some people tend to wallow in victimhood and fail to see how victimhood ties into addictions.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Simeon_Strangelight - 06-09-2018

Quote: (06-09-2018 11:05 AM)superiorClimber Wrote:  

By that rational, most of Hollywood would be dropping like flies and we'd be hearing about famous suicides every day.

I'd probably more buy into the idea that he killed himself because Asia Argento ran off and cuck'd him than because he somehow believed in a globalist perspective on diversity.

Actually I would say that it's more the Blue Pill state - Rollo Tomassi has a ton of articles on that since he has contact with many soldiers and veterans who witnessed this. The liberalism is just another not helpful aspect.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - worldwidetraveler - 06-09-2018

Quote: (06-09-2018 11:09 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

Why do people care so much about this guy? I guarantee you if any of us pulled a suicide, Bourdain wouldn't have even passed a thought in our direction.

Not only that, but I can think of so many other suicide victims I'd give more sympathy to: Veterans, Divorce raped men, children of broken homes, etc.

Anthony had 100x the opportunities to fix himself than most. Zero sympathy for the guy.

People empathize with others who have went through what they have.

I had issues with depression and even if someone hated everything about me I could empathize with their struggle with depression.

I can also understand those that say good ridden for the very reason you stated.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - H1N1 - 06-09-2018

AB really disliked Trump, and used his platform to make that clear. Trump could have said nothing, and that would have been fine. He didn't though; he did a small, noble thing, and there was real grace in his brevity. His critics could never show the same simple humanity towards him as he showed here. Trump can often seem petty, because he likes the fight and he fights to win, so often he wants his enemies to know they are beaten. But those who criticise him for his apparent pettiness fail, in my view, to understand the simplicity and core humanity of his actions, and indeed the simple practicality and prudence that underlies them.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Wahawahwah - 06-09-2018

Bourdain inspired me to travel and cook.
Such a shame. RIP man

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Buck Wild - 06-09-2018

This guys entire life pattern throws into sharp relief the risks/downsides of the Jordan Peterson prescription for men. Bourdain was a drug addict loser who turned his life around in dramatic fashion. He cleaned up his room, so to speak. He shouldered the heavy burden of responsibility for women and children. He treated the women in his life like they were the "Holy Mother of God". And in the end, all it did was see him hanging from the rafters of some random hotel room.

I'm a big fan of Peterson and think he's done a lot more good than harm. But I wonder what he would say to a guy in Bourdain's position? The poster boy for his program of self-improvement, good works, stoicism and responsibility...who nevertheless found himself completely zeroed out.

Bourdain's life arc is proof positive that the red pill is the indispensable ingredient for today's modern man, no exceptions. Hypergamy is no respecter of fame or fortune---just the pimp hand of dread, status and masculine authority & self-interest. Those who disregard these truths do so at their own peril and to the sorrows of those who love them.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Rhyme or Reason - 06-09-2018

Quote: (06-09-2018 11:11 AM)puckerman Wrote:  

It apparently only works for about 10% of the people. It does have some value though. My comments are based on experiences with other twelve-step groups. Here are the good things:

1. They NEVER cancel meetings. Commitment is a big part of making a positive change. This type of consistency is essential to success.
2. It provides a support system and people you can call when you need help. Phone lists are exchanged, voluntary, of course.
3. It's cheap. They pass the hat, and you are expected to contribute $1.
4. They stay on-topic. They always say: "We have no opinion on outside issues."
5. They have good tools for putting out fires (personality conflicts) before they explode.

Here are the bad things:
1. You are constantly told you have no control and are weak.
2. There is too much talk about god and whatever.
3. A large part of meetings is simply repeating material over and over again--meeting can be an hour, and this will be the first half hour. They read the twelve steps, the twelve traditions, etc. This gets boring after the third or fourth meeting.
4. Some people tend to wallow in victimhood and fail to see how victimhood ties into addictions.

The bolded was my main gripe with it.

This lends itself to all kinds of faggotry; grown men crying in public, ect.

A lot of these guys give horrible blue pill advice on relationships, and they always seem to bitch about getting cheated on. I made a thread awhile ago stating the need for a sort of red pill recovery program for men as there seems to be a dearth of such in the recovery scene.

Another issue I saw was the inability to tolerate any deviation from their dogma. If you try to say "No, i'm not weak" they won't have it.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - SlickyBoy - 06-09-2018

Quote: (06-09-2018 05:10 AM)SeaFM Wrote:  

Killing yourself over some bitch is as weak as it gets.

I liked Bourdain a lot and I really hope that wasn't the reason.

Once I heard it was suicide, my thoughts were the same. Took a look at his tatted up girlfriend and couldn't shake that feeling - she either cucked him or dumped him, just like the last one.

Being a recovering drug addict is one thing, but constantly rubbing elbows with Hollywood types probably affected him even more so - all that toxic, man-blaming dogma on top of a fragile recovery couldn't have done him any favors.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - puckerman - 06-09-2018

Quote: (06-09-2018 12:03 PM)Rhyme or Reason Wrote:  

The bolded was my main gripe with it.

This lends itself to all kinds of faggotry; grown men crying in public, ect.

A lot of these guys give horrible blue pill advice on relationships, and they always seem to bitch about getting cheated on. I made a thread awhile ago stating the need for a sort of red pill recovery program for men as there seems to be a dearth of such in the recovery scene.

I concur with that. But I also found the meetings to be tedious because we constantly read the same stuff over and over every week.

I also noticed something funny about this rote material. This is the eleventh tradition of AA:

Quote:Quote:

11. Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, and
films.

Did you notice that this does NOT even mention television? This might very well have been written before people had television, and it appears that they haven't changed it since then!

Many other twelve-step groups copied everything from AA verbatim. Narcotics anonymous simply takes out the word alcohol and replaces it with narcotics, for example.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Horus - 06-09-2018

Quote: (06-09-2018 12:03 PM)Rhyme or Reason Wrote:  

thread-30625.html

This seems to have a higher rate of success than AA.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Kona - 06-09-2018

Hillary Clinton had him killed.

All the rest is bullshit.

Aloha!

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Dragan - 06-09-2018

I liked his stuff a lot, but it definitely sucked that his programs took more of activist turn later on.

Kitchen Confidential was a fantastic book, and Bourdain had multiple talents and seemed to be one of the few people in media who was authentic.

He was one of my big inspirations to travel and explore food when I was younger. His older programs were some great TV.

Bad news, and respected him tremendously regardless of the political stuff he said.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - sterling_archer - 06-09-2018

Question:

Bourdain vs Heston Blumenthal. Who would win as a better chef and why?

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Simeon_Strangelight - 06-09-2018

Quote: (06-09-2018 01:24 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Aloha!

Nothing specific here - his last woman is the weirder one. Though he did post himself in blood-covered face or holding a human bloody heart.

At least that shows a sick inner makeup.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - renotime - 06-09-2018

Quote: (06-09-2018 03:39 AM)Sandstorm Wrote:  

Quote: (06-08-2018 03:44 PM)renotime Wrote:  

For those of you saying Bourdain was a lefty faggot, his thoughts on Henry Kissinger (one of the world's worst human beings) might surprise you.

“Once you’ve been to Cambodia, you’ll never stop wanting to beat Henry Kissinger to death with your bare hands. You will never again be able to open a newspaper and read about that treacherous, prevaricating, murderous scumbag sitting down for a nice chat with Charlie Rose or attending some black-tie affair for a new glossy magazine without choking. Witness what Henry did in Cambodia – the fruits of his genius for statesmanship – and you will never understand why he’s not sitting in the dock at The Hague next to Milošević.”

Love him or hate him, Bourdain was authentic and never thought of the consequences of speaking his mind (or the consequences for his 11-year old daughter by killing himself)

Why are you adding your own words to my quote? I didn't write that.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - debeguiled - 06-09-2018

Quote: (06-09-2018 01:38 PM)sterling_archer Wrote:  

Question:

Bourdain vs Heston Blumenthal. Who would win as a better chef and why?

Blumenthal.

True innovator.

He brings science and creative presentation, and humor to dining.

He came up with ideas that sounded bad but turned out to be good, combining the old with the new, and making you experiences old flavors in a new way to make you appreciate them all over again.

The only bad thing about him is that his imitators are everywhere making dining a parody of cool.

Quote:[/url]

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/bbcthree/status/994538327759118336]

I don't know that much about Bourdain other than as a TV host and popularizer.

What did he innovate?

My favorite dessert to make is still Blumenthal's Chocolate Mousse, a dish of utter simplicity, smart science, and intense taste.

What creativity is all about.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - debeguiled - 06-09-2018

Quote: (06-09-2018 01:24 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Aloha!

Yeah, but which is your favorite Heston Blumenthal dessert?

And don't say *it's to die for.*

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Higgs Bosun - 06-09-2018

Quote: (06-09-2018 10:03 AM)godzilla Wrote:  

Quote: (06-09-2018 08:24 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

What a roller coaster this thread has been

I didn't really follow this guy at all but I thought it was sad when I saw that he killed himself. Then I started reading this thread a little and saw he left behind a young daughter and thought that was cowardly but I wasn't ready to full condemn the guy. Then I saw the man hating quote from him that I posted a few pages back an was completely over any kind of sympathy. Those two combined was enough for me to think "good riddance." However then I started reading some more post and some guys made some fairly solid points about his life, struggles, situations, suicide, ect. An I started to see him as a person again and was bit on the fence.... until I saw the video about "white genocide is the only answer" An now I am 110% ok with his suicide. I usually preach a holier then thou message on here on threads about death as I think life is the most precious thing there is.... however I am sickened to the core by weak, self hating, cucks. An thats exactly how I see this "male" I'm not going to gloat about his death or piss on his grave (anymore then the little bit I said about him here) nor will I be posting and condolences or RIPs for him either.

Quote: (06-08-2018 11:00 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

He drank the kool aid and hated the thought of being a man....

Look, I never wanted to be part of bro culture. I was always embarrassed. If I ever found myself, and I mean going way back, with a group of guys and they started leering at women or making, “Hey, look at her. Nice rack,” I was always, I was so uncomfortable. It just felt, it wasn’t an ethical thing; it was that I felt uncomfortable and ashamed to be a man and I felt that everybody involved in this equation was demeaned by the experience. I was demeaned by standing there next to things like this. They were demeaned for behaving like this. It’s like sitting at a table with somebody who’s rude to a waiter. I don’t want to be with someone like that.

But, look, I accepted when the book came out, that I was the bad boy. There I was in the leather jacket and the cigarette and I also happily played that role or went along with it. Shit was good. People said a lot of silly things about me. People actually used the word macho around me. And this was such a mortifying accusation that I didn’t even understand it.

I'm getting pretty tired of self hating weak "males" I wont even use the term men.

Weak males gonna be weak

Quote: (06-08-2018 08:01 PM)durangotang Wrote:  

(((Bourdain))) ignores the rape of Cologne and says white genocide is “the only way” forward:

Bon Voyage!

Bourdain is admittedly self-hating. So his views should be no surprise to anyone.

Your post is a bit unfair. You're taking someone's worst qualities in life and deciding "this is what defines him".

Imagine if I watched your life on television for years and I decided to write your obituary with the same view.

There is no way you walked through life without being a complete piece of garbage to someone at one point.

I only know him from his show so maybe he's a douche but for now I'm going to choose to remember Bourdain for his admirable qualities. Like I said, his lack of ego, inspiring people to travel, making chefs popular and and while even being famous, he seemed to treat the most common man with dignity and respect.

When a man says one his objectives is to see my people exterminated you better believe I'm going to define that fucker by that and that only. This goes triple for a POS like Bourdain who has a fair degree of fame and power and uses them to actually advance his stated agenda of seeing everyone who looks like me go extinct.

I think a lot of guys, even on this forum, are still cocooned by a false sense of security provided by today's still holding but rapidly deteriorating demographics. All this talk of white genocide must seem like an interesting and controversial but at the same time mentally masturbatory topic of debate. That's because we haven't just quite gotten to the demographic edge, but it's going to happen within 20 to 50 years depending on the Western country in question. And by the time it happens, it will be too late to do anything about it.

If this was 1920 and we lived in a USA that was 90% white, the musings of a cuck like Bourdain would probably provoke within me feelings of disgust and contempt but not strong hate. There is no point to hate a POS like him when he's harmless and his cuckold fetish dreams are clearly not going to be realized. But we live instead in a United States that will be fighting age majority non-white in less than 10 years, and overall majority non-white by the early 2040's.

Furthermore, we live in a United States where Bourdain's dreams of white genocide are not the musings of an isolated freak, but the pervading cultural zeitgeist foisted on us by the power elite. While Bourdain was certainly not a member of that elite (he's far too pathetic for that), he was clearly one of their footsoldiers in spreading the POZZ needed to bring this outcome to fruition. In other words, it's 2018 and we no longer have the luxury of treating these people as if they're harmless freaks. They're enemies, and I'm not in the Love thy Enemy business nor in the Turn the Other Cheek business. I want my side to win and the enemy to die. As for Bourdain, I want the traitors to die badly, so I hope hanging is as painful as you all say it is.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Neo - 06-09-2018

Reading that interview about his former wife, his blue pilled view of women probably had something to do it. He made a terrible choice in a mate.

On a deeper level we all want to feel loved and we all long for that love that most of us received from our mothers. Men seek and long for their entire lives for that feminine unconditional love like they received when they were children.

Read about men like Harry Houdini, who spent months grieving and lots of time at his mother's grave site. Some say it even lead to his anti-spiritualist stance because all he found were frauds, although some say this is a myth.

Unfortunately I just don't think that this view is realistic because any relationship with a woman as we know in the red pilled world is conditional. If it does exist, it is extremely rare.

Some men like Bourdain just can't over this. When you base your entire worldview around a comforting lie, it can sometimes kill you when the illusion is shattered.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - monster - 06-09-2018

I understand that there is a conspiracy that posits it was a hit by Hollywood 'Deep State' who was really targeting increasingly vocal & militant Asia Argento, but she wasn't there at the time.

It is weird to me that he had the strength to overcome multiple heroin withdrawals throughout his life but then succumbed to suicide after he had been clean for a long, long time? I understand he was an avid student of BJJ and one of the central tenets of martial arts discipline is inner strength and fortitude, and overcoming weakness like suicidal ideation. Who knows? We'll never know the truth.

On the otherhand I came across a news article that said just hours before his body was found Asia Argento posted (then later deleted) the following pic on her IG:
[Image: 0608_AsiaArgento.jpg?resize=1024%2C768&ssl=1]

It was posted without explanation (and deleted without explanation). One interpretation is that Anthony and Asia had a nasty fight and that led to Anthony taking his own life out of despair.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Sidney Crosby - 06-09-2018

I was wondering why it was taking so long for someone to say (((they))) did it.

I liked him, he wasn't perfect but no one is. He was better pre-CNN with "no reservations", his life probably would have been better if he picked decent women.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Matsufubu - 06-09-2018

There is nothing more dangerous to a man than a toxic woman. Not ISIS, not gangs, not even foreign and hostile armies. A toxic woman is like a lion who identifies and preys on the sick zebra in the herd.

Blue pill is the sickness and this guy had it in spades.

I'm not saying he killed himself solely because of Asia Argento, but she'll have finished him off.

Well done on turning your life around Mr Bourdain, but a sucker is a sucker no matter what your name.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - MaxMillion - 06-09-2018

You and yours are placing waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much importance on women as being one of the key reasons he met his demise. These creatures didn't help, but also don't forget, Tony was a fucking cheater too. He cheated. She cheated. He knew the game only too well.

Ultimately, he did himself in because he no longer had any place to go or things to do. He was ravaged.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Leonard D Neubache - 06-09-2018

Quote: (06-09-2018 04:20 PM)Higgs Bosun Wrote:  

Furthermore, we live in a United States where Bourdain's dreams of white genocide are not the musings of an isolated freak, but the pervading cultural zeitgeist foisted on us by the power elite. While Bourdain was certainly not a member of that elite (he's far too pathetic for that), he was clearly one of their footsoldiers in spreading the POZZ needed to bring this outcome to fruition. In other words, it's 2018 and we no longer have the luxury of treating these people as if they're harmless freaks. They're enemies, and I'm not in the Love thy Enemy business nor in the Turn the Other Cheek business. I want my side to win and the enemy to die. As for Bourdain, I want the traitors to die badly, so I hope hanging is as painful as you all say it is.

Take this the nice way, Higgs, when I say I wish there were two 'like' buttons. One for "I agree with most of what you just said" and another for "I agree with everything you just said." As it is I just have to settle for liking half of your posts since I agree with most of them 50% or so.

I don't care how the self professed mortal enemies of my people die. Just that they do. Their suffering is of no consequence to me, like poisoning ants in my kitchen or setting out rodent traps. But I wouldn't lower the spring tension on the traps or water down the poison so the ants or mice suffer longer than they have to.

I just want them gone.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Not a Second Hander - 06-09-2018

Quote: (06-09-2018 11:09 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

Why do people care so much about this guy? I guarantee you if any of us pulled a suicide, Bourdain wouldn't have even passed a thought in our direction.

Not only that, but I can think of so many other suicide victims I'd give more sympathy to: Veterans, Divorce raped men, children of broken homes, etc.

Anthony had 100x the opportunities to fix himself than most. Zero sympathy for the guy.

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/GranTorinoDSA/status/1005074071242051585][/url]

What kind of Christian are you?

Religion aside, don't knock depression until you have experienced it yourself. Have you ever been cheated on by someone you loved? It's not really about the girl. It's about coming to the realization that no one except your parents will ever love you. The fact that you're completely replacable like a door knob. You lose faith in women. You question your worth as a man. All you want is someone to explain to you why and perhaps vent a bit but no one will let you.

Even your old boys will tolerate your depression for a week at most. A depressed man is dead weight to society as Mr Lemon eloquently explained. Your very unhappiness makes people including your own family look at you with utter contempt. You then start losing faith in humanity and become even more depressed.

Then the wolves come out to take you for everything you got. This is a timeless truth.

From Leo Tolstoy's Anna Karenina.

Alexey after his slutwife Anna was publicly and shamelessly fucking her paramour in his own house

Quote:Quote:

Left alone, Alexey Alexandrovitch recognised that he had not the strength to keep up the line of firmness and composure any longer. He gave orders for the carriage that was a him to be taken back, and for no one to be admitted, and he did not go down to dinner.

He felt that he could not endure the weight of universal contempt and exasperation, which he had distinctly seen in the face of the clerk and of Korney, and of every one, without exception whom he had met during those two days. He felt that he could not turn aside from himself the hatred of men, because that hatred did not come from his being bad (in that case he could have tried to be better), but from his being shamefully and repulsively unhappy. He knew that for this, for the very fact that his heart was torn with grief, they would be merciless to him. He felt that men would crush him as dogs strangle a torn dog yelping with pain. He knew that his sole means of security against people was to hide his wounds from them, and instinctively he tried to do this for two days, but now he felt incapable of keeping up the unequal struggle.

His despair was even intensified by the consciousness that he was utterly alone in his sorrow. In all Petersburg there was not a human being to whom he could express what he was feeling, who would feel for him, not as a high official, not as a member of society, but simply as a suffering man; indeed he had not such a one in the whole world.