Roosh V Forum
Fashion and Style Lounge - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Fashion and Style Lounge (/thread-53940.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Fashion and Style Lounge - Lagavulin - 10-20-2016

^^Effortless style is an effect/look that any man should aspire to.

Great breakdown H1N1. I agree that suits don't look good on really big guys most of the time because of the way the excess fabric hangs, clearly illustrated by your non-shopped photo of the rugby players if one looks at the lower half of the suit jackets. This look is the norm for big guys, not the exception.

It's all very well to say find a great tailor and get a suit made bespoke but this doesn't come cheap. What if you don't wear a suit often enough to justify the cost, what if you want 3 or 4, what if you're still growing?

Professional sportsmen can get their suits made bespoke at the finest tailors, this is not realistic for most men.

Fashion and Style Lounge - lowside - 10-21-2016

I've been rocking all black outfits lately.

I bought these:

[Image: 12105621-10-1-400.jpg]

They're Antony Morato. A medium to high end brand. And turned up to work like this (plus above shoes):

[Image: 3e430c143566d8649587b7a3ac2693e8.jpg]

Even bought a $100 Citizen watch to go with it:

[Image: Citizen-Eco-Drive-Stealth-2.jpg]

I'm in an office banking setting. They were all over me. Even the older ladies.

Give it a try guys. You'll be surprised.

Fashion and Style Lounge - Laner - 10-21-2016

Quote: (10-20-2016 04:05 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

I just got a shirt altered and I think that asian woman made it worse. Now it's tight up in the shoulder area, like if I pull my elbows forward and up as if I were to adjust my collar or tie it feels like I'm going to rip the back of the shirt apart. I wanted her to just take the sides in so it wouldn't be so puffed out in my mid section and it looks like she did it by pulling the upper part of the backside in.

She likely 'darted' it. An easier option that most cheap tailors will do unless you tell them strictly that you want the sides brought in.

Yeah, I have had them do this to me in the past as well. Another reason why I mentioned a good tailor. I did not say bespoke fellas, which I agree is expensive and not worth it for 95% of people. But a good tailor can do most of the work needed to make a suit/shirt/pants look sharp and for usually around $50/15/30.

Fashion and Style Lounge - Giovonny - 10-21-2016

FALL 2016

Slim Fit CORDUROY Pants

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIrm-SGqOgHpRZ77p3mFx...AcERcM8GKQ]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCnNuPQnCl-LoVpYrOlYT...KMSe1fSI4F]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGtt91AjvWhD7HuztT5fj...RkBcJFZM9w]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4jqbaTirzkz7BB4oUBiC...bS-pihIBIw]

I have one in every color!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9BptthFoOmeQwX512A7x...78i_0z-QLw]

I like these because they are soft and warm and comfortable against my skin.

--

Boots

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSADHxKjfzYM4n7dy8Kj8r...bcarvKAmLQ]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjYNGaK-R8oGBWGAwKqgX...Nn1GszsBeg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpyivdsfNrhwyX-gOCgQa...xY5KgF986w]

I'm ready for FALL!

--

Also, I'm very excited about my new hairstyle!!!

(this is me)
[attachment=34057]

I got the idea from Eric Trump!

Such an improvement over my previous, basic, comb-over!!!

Fuck!! It only took me 40 years to figure out a good hairstyle!!

Fashion and Style Lounge - Huey - 10-21-2016

Any good chelsea boots recommendations?

I'm not looking to shell out more than $350, so keep it reasonable guys. [Image: lol.gif]

Fashion and Style Lounge - Adrenaline - 10-22-2016

Lowside, women definitely love the all black look and dark clothing in general for whatever reason. I notice more attention when wearing straight black as well, even though I think it looks dull and prefer lighter clothing and coordinating more colours.

Fashion and Style Lounge - H1N1 - 10-22-2016

Quote: (10-21-2016 09:09 PM)Huey Wrote:  

Any good chelsea boots recommendations?

I'm not looking to shell out more than $350, so keep it reasonable guys. [Image: lol.gif]

I'm sure you can find something similar direct from the US, but for English guys Charles Tyrwhitt http://www.ctshirts.com/uk/mens-shoes/chelsea-boots/ make good, lasting clothing. I get a lot of my staple, everyday items from here. It's inexpensive for smart clothing, hard wearing, timeless in style, and all very well cut. For the quality it's cheap.

Specifically for chelsea boots, I have a pair in blue suede that get a lot of love. Girls always notice and comment. Pair them with some fitted chinos or chords like Gio's above, a blue belt, and a fitted white shirt (CT from the link above make their white shirts with blue interior collars and cuffs, which tie everything together) and you will look good.

Fashion and Style Lounge - Lagavulin - 10-22-2016

Great looking cords Gio. I like the green and the brown, I'm going to have a look for these.

I'm also in the market for a pair of chelsea boots but I already have a pair of brown suede chukka's and tan brogued boots so I'm intrigued by the blue suede. Do you have a link or a make/model H1N1?

Huey - RM Williams have a good range of quality chelsea boots: http://www.rmwilliams.com.au

They are an Australian manufacturer though so the price depends a lot on the exchange rate, they have also gone up in price and are expensive at the moment. I had a link somewhere for a cheaper supplier, I'll take a look for it later on.

Fashion and Style Lounge - redbeard - 10-22-2016

Gio - what are you using in your hair?

I have a similar hairstyle. I regularly use coconut oil but sometimes in the summer it melts too much and I want an alternative. In the winter coconut oil is awesome because it solidifies, but in hot Florida nightclubs I have a hard time.

Fashion and Style Lounge - H1N1 - 10-22-2016

Quote: (10-22-2016 06:52 AM)Lagavulin Wrote:  

Great looking cords Gio. I like the green and the brown, I'm going to have a look for these.

I'm also in the market for a pair of chelsea boots but I already have a pair of brown suede chukka's and tan brogued boots so I'm intrigued by the blue suede. Do you have a link or a make/model H1N1?

Huey - RM Williams have a good range of quality chelsea boots: http://www.rmwilliams.com.au

They are an Australian manufacturer though so the price depends a lot on the exchange rate, they have also gone up in price and are expensive at the moment. I had a link somewhere for a cheaper supplier, I'll take a look for it later on.

Mine were from Charles Tyrwhitt, I've just checked. They seem to be discontinued, which is frustrating, because they are great. They look exactly like this, without the loops:

[Image: 719408_mrp_fr_l.jpg]

Topman do a version, from my Googling, but I think to get ones that didn't look shitty you'd want to be spending closer to £100 than £50. Mine were about £95, which for something distinctive, and which look far more expensive than they are, is quite a bargain.

Fashion and Style Lounge - Lagavulin - 10-22-2016

That's a nice pair of boots. Russell & Bromley have some options, I like the Beechwoods:

http://www.russellandbromley.co.uk/mens/...group=Navy

These Paul Smith ones look pretty good too:

https://www.lyst.co.uk/shoes/paul-smith-...7QodqHgOmg

There's some decent looking cheaper options as well but I think I'm set on the R&Bs, need to make sure they can be re-soled though.

Fashion and Style Lounge - Elster - 10-22-2016

I am Known for my ridiculous love and choice of eyewear but as I grow older I understand that there will come a time when I can no longer rock the goggles without looking silly instead of strangely cool.
I think by then I will have switched to suits and bringing back Monocles because goddamit, they're awesome

Fashion and Style Lounge - redbeard - 10-22-2016

Quote: (10-22-2016 04:35 PM)El_Gostro Wrote:  

I am Known for my ridiculous love and choice of eyewear but as I grow older I understand that there will come a time when I can no longer rock the goggles without looking silly instead of strangely cool.
I think by then I will have switched to suits and bringing back Monocles because goddamit, they're awesome

[Image: mindblown3.gif]

Is this you????

[Image: 2jzeps]

Fashion and Style Lounge - Elster - 10-22-2016

Damn, is that mystery????
OK I will never be able to match that.

Edit:
Point though and jokes aside, I started the thing with the goggles after learning the presentation ropes of street art sales in NOLA.
I still have a boyish face to me so I can pull the goggles looking relatively "cute" and/and or help me sell art stuff .
But at 30 starting to get more the thin skin and rugged apeish brow so my strange love affair with goggles is soon coming to an end.

I d post a pic but that d Violate forum rules

Fashion and Style Lounge - General Stalin - 10-23-2016

I didn't know anyone wore goggles as an accessory these days except for steampunk cosplay kids at comic/anime/game conventions. Didn't that shit die with the 90's and the industrial/nu metal wave?

Fashion and Style Lounge - Elster - 10-23-2016

It's still a big thing with the burning man crowd if I'm not mistaken.

They do come in quite useful when dealing with snowy or Windy weather or riding a motorcycle

However, point in question. Yes, they are silly as hell and I do not defend my use nor advise others to wear it. They just happen to suit my weird taste and as far as I can tell it hasn't affected my MO

Fashion and Style Lounge - Huey - 10-23-2016

Decided to get this from To Boot NY.

[Image: Toby-1722-1.jpg?maxwidth=600&maxheight=500]

Ended up paying more than I wanted to, but whatever.

Fashion and Style Lounge - DonnyGately - 10-23-2016

Quote: (10-20-2016 04:19 PM)Lagavulin Wrote:  

^^Effortless style is an effect/look that any man should aspire to.

Great breakdown H1N1. I agree that suits don't look good on really big guys most of the time because of the way the excess fabric hangs, clearly illustrated by your non-shopped photo of the rugby players if one looks at the lower half of the suit jackets. This look is the norm for big guys, not the exception.

It's all very well to say find a great tailor and get a suit made bespoke but this doesn't come cheap. What if you don't wear a suit often enough to justify the cost, what if you want 3 or 4, what if you're still growing?

Finding a great tailor costs you $0.00. Start asking around.

An ill-fitting suit of any cost on any man looks awful.

Fashion and Style Lounge - DonnyGately - 10-23-2016

You should always strive for style and elegance. Fashion makes you look good or look bad, but good styling is timeless. Anyone who compliments a bad-looking fashion is a sheep, tasteless, or scared to speak the truth.

If you don't have a great tailor, get one. If you can't afford a custom-made suit, get some made-to-measure or bespoke shirts. As a new customer they will cut you a deal if you get 3-6 shirts.

Fashion and Style Lounge - DonnyGately - 10-24-2016

Also, people are making custom-fit jeans now too, perfect if that's your look and you can get them for the cost of 1-2 custom shirts and they last much, much longer. Probably cheaper in the long run than 'nice' jeans. Same price as the expensive name brands also.

Fashion and Style Lounge - Balkan - 10-24-2016

Thoughts on any of these? Trying to expand my shoe collection. These are all lightly used/refurbished Allen Edmonds on ebay for 1/3-1/4 retail price. Mainly wearing with dark denim or dark suit pants.

[Image: HGOoQ9a.jpg]
[Image: DHuBZNR.jpg]
[Image: iBq86bx.jpg]
[Image: OXKG0zP.jpg]
[Image: fvjRTHE.jpg]

Fashion and Style Lounge - Thersites - 10-24-2016

Dark Burgundy Colour Wingtips is goof starting point for your collection. Wingtips are versatile shoes that be dress down and dress up a bit. I would suggest lighter colour medallion and dark brown captoe as another good pick if you want dresser shoes. Great thing about AE is the cost of resoling is $50 bucks without shipping.

Fashion and Style Lounge - HermeticAlly - 10-24-2016

The first and last pairs look great. I like the suede ones but that thick stitching (probably just for show, rather than a real welt) detracts from the look. AE seconds are a very nice value.

Custom fit jeans aren't a good value unless you have really unusual proportions that prohibit you from fitting into off-the-rack stuff. They get really expensive, especially for good materials and details. For most people it's not necessary. For sheer variety of fits I'd recommend Nudie, they're fairly easy to find in stores compared to most raw denim brands and fits like the Grim Tim and Lean Dean are slim but not too tight.

My personal preference is for the 3Sixteen ST fit, their CT is a good choice for guys with large thighs who want a slimmer fit through the lower leg.

Fashion and Style Lounge - Comte De St. Germain - 10-25-2016

[Image: QORELLAN_28_RG.JPG]

Needed a pair of brown shoes for day time wear as my black ones got too much wear and tear so I upgraded a bit. Though not too far out of my price range. They fit snug and look just right. One thing I love about boots is that they show themselves off.

I'm fine with moving out the regular shoes to night time as I just need something that doesn't look bad in the dark.

Edit: Just saw Gio's post. Great minds thing alike.

Fashion and Style Lounge - Comte De St. Germain - 10-25-2016

Quote: (10-22-2016 09:29 AM)redbeard Wrote:  

Gio - what are you using in your hair?

I have a similar hairstyle. I regularly use coconut oil but sometimes in the summer it melts too much and I want an alternative. In the winter coconut oil is awesome because it solidifies, but in hot Florida nightclubs I have a hard time.

Use Pomade. But make sure to wash it out before you go to sleep. When you're using it, your hair will feel just like normal and won't have an obnoxious gelled look(unless that's what you're going for).