Roosh V Forum
Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging (/thread-46384.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging - stugatz - 05-15-2017

Elton John's discography up until the mid-1970s is very solid. (Maybe this isn't a guilty pleasure, though - should I feel guilty for thinking the flaming homo was extremely talented when he started out? Sure, he wrote none of the lyrics, but at least he composed - Frank Sinatra didn't even do that.)

Pretty much everything he released after that is generally bad, though. Like this disco monstrosity he released without Taupin.

Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging - debeguiled - 05-15-2017

^
^
For some reason, the 1980's ruined a lot of artists. Forget Elton John, look what happened to Lionel Ritchie and Stevie Wonder.

Everything became Adult Easy Listening.

Quote: (05-15-2017 03:23 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

^
^
For some reason, the 1980's ruined a lot of artists. Forget Elton John, look what happened to Lionel Ritchie and Stevie Wonder.

Everything became Adult Easy Listening.

The mid-1970s is another big one, too. That Blood, Sweat and Tears clone Chicago started off pretty great even if they needlessly extended 45-minute albums into 75 minutes. By the mid-1970s they were DOA, too, and they hardly ever perform anything after 1980 if you ever see them live.

Rod Stewart's "Camouflage"

This review right here is one of my favorites. Rod Stewart's 1980s output was particularly horrible, and this reviewer clearly was traumatized after listening to it. (Any track title in blue is a bad cut.)

Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging - Rhyme or Reason - 05-15-2017

I used to lurk on the treasurenet.com forums, still do on occasion. I bought a metal detector awhile ago and took out out several times. I even found a couple of mercury dimes with it, which was cool. I dig the whole treasurehunting thing, lots of history and stuff like that.

Some of the guys on treasurenet.com are no doubt full of shit, but their stories are great anyway.

Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging - TigerMandingo - 05-15-2017

Quote: (05-15-2017 03:18 PM)stugatz Wrote:  

Elton John's discography up until the mid-1970s is very solid. (Maybe this isn't a guilty pleasure, though - should I feel guilty for thinking the flaming homo was extremely talented when he started out? Sure, he wrote none of the lyrics, but at least he composed - Frank Sinatra didn't even do that.)

Pretty much everything he released after that is generally bad, though. Like this disco monstrosity he released without Taupin.

Two things. First, he really didn't write any of his own lyrics? Damn, that's kind of a bummer.

Also, I don't agree that he peaked in the 70s. The Lion King soundtrack kicks ass, "Sacrifice", "Don't Let The Sun go Down" etc. Dude was releasing hits waaaay past the 70s, come on now.

Bernie Taupin was his main lyricist. I don't believe John wrote anything on his own - at most, very little of it. (Taupin released a solo album that flopped hard and John's only album in the 1970s without him was that disco monstrosity...so they were more or less in a symbiotic relationship musically at that point.)

I do agree he did put out good stuff after the 1970s, but stuff like Captain Fantastic and Honky Chateau were SO good and consistent everything else after them doesn't really come close. (Not quite as bad as Springsteen had with Born to Run...now THAT album was an impossible act to follow.)

Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging - LeightonBlackstock - 05-23-2017

I really like it when a dentist puts his gloved finger and the cold, metal object on my teeth

As a child I found it insanely relaxing

I used to love going to the dentist

I'm fully aware of the euphemisms and analysis of my childhood that will come out of this

But I stand by it, and wish to find others who feel the same

Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging - Mr. D - 05-23-2017

Looney Tunes and Tex Avery cartoons.

Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging - Cattle Rustler - 05-23-2017

Quote: (05-15-2017 03:14 PM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  

Taking a dump in warm ocean water.

When I was young it was a bonus if it's at a crowded beach. Id do a stealth launch up current, lay back, close my eyes and then wait for the first shriek in horror

Not among my proudest moments

I never thought taking a shit in the ocean was possible.

Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging - PapayaTapper - 05-23-2017

Quote: (05-23-2017 11:48 AM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

When I was young it was a bonus if it's at a crowded beach. Id do a stealth launch up current, lay back, close my eyes and then wait for the first shriek in horror

Oh yeah. Its the equivalent to a woman's giving birth in water. Most natural thing in the world

I used to regularly deliver butt babies when I was surfing and didnt feel like going to the hassle of paddling in, finding a bathroom, getting in and out of the wetsuit etc...

Plus you feed the sea critters

Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging - Gas - 05-23-2017

Quote: (05-23-2017 01:24 PM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  

Oh yeah. Its the equivalent to a woman's giving birth in water. Most natural thing in the world

I used to regularly deliver butt babies when I was surfing and didnt feel like going to the hassle of paddling in, finding a bathroom, getting in and out of the wetsuit etc...

How do you pull your wetsuit down to shit while in the ocean? Do you just paddle out for miles where nobody can see you and disrobe?

Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging - white22 - 05-23-2017

Here we go:

- Procrastinating: I can have months to do something and will wait til the hour before or 30 mins after it needs to be done to do it. This includes letting every dish in the house pile up before I will was them.

- Wasting time on the internet. This includes at work. I bet I only put in 8-24 hours of true work a month. (Mechanical Engineer).

- Soaking a Tombstone frozen pizza in "I can't believe it's not butter" spray. If it wasnt for this and AYCE buffets I'd have the body of a greek god!

-picking at my fingernails (sometimes until they bleed) and cutting out ingrown toenails.

- Studying and knowing exactly how many women in every room I'm in that I would bang (even church).

Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging - PapayaTapper - 05-24-2017

Quote: (05-23-2017 07:37 PM)Gas Wrote:  

Quote: (05-23-2017 01:24 PM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  

How do you pull your wetsuit down to shit while in the ocean? Do you just paddle out for miles where nobody can see you and disrobe?

Guys do it all the time. Just paddle out far enough to not get caught by a set

Thats out of necessity / laziness. Different than doing it in warm water for the enjoyment [Image: icon_twisted.gif]

Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging - Horus - 05-24-2017

^^^ I can guarantee you that there is at least one reader here who would never in his wildest thoughts have considered taking an underwater dump, but next time he goes to the beach he will try this as soon as he enters the water.

Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging - rudebwoy - 05-24-2017

70s Rock.

Buying new underwear.

Cheesecake

Watching old movies - Westerns

Pulling ingrown hairs out of my stubble

Trolling people that don't even realize I am trolling them

Sexual acts I would rather not mention on a public forum

Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging - YoungBlade - 05-24-2017

Medieval romantic poetry. Especially if the couple dies.

Bollywood movies and music.

Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging - TheFinalEpic - 05-24-2017

Saw Celine Dion in Vegas, it was unbelievable.

Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging - Soundbyte - 05-24-2017

Fallout boy and the like. Old Britney spears and her moan like singing!

Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging - Kurgan - 05-24-2017

I'll read alternative newspapers from time to time to try to understand the Left. They're mostly progressives who think the Democrats are corporate sellouts and call them out when they don't act like liberals but never consider influencing the Republicans because they see them all as a bunch of gun toters who shooting anyone who isn't white and conservative in their eyes and it isn't worth it. They hate Democrats, but they hate Republicans even more.

You could say these are hipster newspapers.

Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging - Anarchist101 - 05-25-2017

Bluebell mint chocolate chip ice cream.

I haven't had any in over 7 months since I have been getting into shape. But when I hit 185... To freezer section!

Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging - Easy_C - 05-25-2017

What if my guilty pleasure is judging other people?

Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging - kinjutsu - 05-26-2017

Mountain Dew Code Red.
[Image: 31%2BlpBtecvL._SL160_.jpg]
Many years ago they released it in Canada and it only stayed for a few months before it was discontinued.
In 2010 i traveled to the states and brought back 11 bottles. I was very very excited but ultimately i knew it would be over soon enough.
Recently they brought it back to Canada for sale...
I drink at least 1 can a day.
I don't drink alcohol so i tend to drink this when i go out for dinner.

Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging - Vladimir Poontang - 05-27-2017

Laci fucking fat bitch Green. There, I said it.

And that's on behalf of The Lizard too.

Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging - Repo - 05-27-2017

A big ass bowl of cereal for dinner on a lazy day.

Post your guilty pleasures in this thread - no judging - debeguiled - 05-27-2017

Quote: (05-26-2017 05:34 PM)kinjutsu Wrote:  

Mountain Dew Code Red.
[Image: 31%2BlpBtecvL._SL160_.jpg]
Many years ago they released it in Canada and it only stayed for a few months before it was discontinued.
In 2010 i traveled to the states and brought back 11 bottles. I was very very excited but ultimately i knew it would be over soon enough.
Recently they brought it back to Canada for sale...
I drink at least 1 can a day.
I don't drink alcohol so i tend to drink this when i go out for dinner.

[Image: 1ptmzh.jpg]