Roosh V Forum
My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread (/thread-38463.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Nemausus - 06-09-2015

Quote: (06-09-2015 08:47 PM)Deluge Wrote:  

Hey, is anyone familiar with Budapest willing to me help me out with my itinerary? I'm backpacking around Europe this summer and will be in Budapest for 4 full days in early August and I need some help with what to see. I have some spare space on my 4th day so I'd like to add more good sights within Budapest, not really interested in daytrips. Museums are italicized.

Day 0: Arrive from Vienna that night, checking into a famous "party hostel" in the old Jewish quarter in Budapest VII.

Day 1:
The Chain Bridge, Parliament, St Stephen's Basilica, National Opera House, Hungarian National Museum, Central Market, Iparmuveszeti Muzeum (not going in), Holocaust Memorial

Day 2:
Buda Castle: Lion’s Courtyard, Hungarian National Gallery, Savoyai Terrace
Fisherman’s Bastion, Matthias Church, Gellert Baths, Citadella (Liberty Monument)

Day 3:
House of Terror, Heroes Square, Vajdahunyad Castle, Szechenyi Baths, Museum of Fine Arts

Day 4: Extra
Great Synagogue, more sights, Memento Park
Night train to either Krakow or Prague.

Any tips?

That's a pretty thorough itinerary. You are covering off all the main sites. Budapest centre is very compact so you should be able to hit just about all of these. It looks like you have a good grasp of the Buda/Pest split as your first day is all Pest and your second day is all Buda.

The first time I came to Budapest was on a backpacking trip and I signed up for a free walking tour. I enjoyed it and our group was able to cover a lot of landmarks on both sides of the river in a few hours. It helped to quickly grasp the layout of the city, I never got lost during my time here. Consider signing up for one on Day 1, then tackle whatever sites weren't included in the tour on Day 2 and 3.

One thing I can tell you: The Museum of Fine Arts is closed until 2018 for an extensive renovation.

With all the ground that you're covering, I recommend you use some of the nicer public transportation options.

Tram Line #2 goes up and down the river on the Pest side. It can shuttle you quickly from the Parliament down to the Central Market. You get to enjoy the great view of the river as you ride from stop to stop. [Tripadvisor Page]

Also, try to ride Metro Line #1. It is the second oldest Metro in Europe (after London) and runs underneath Andrassy Boulevard from the city centre all the way to Heroes Square and the Baths. [Link]

If on Day 4 you're looking to chill out and recharge your batteries, I'd recommend hitting 360 Bar. It's a rooftop bar with a panoramic view of the entire city. You'll be able to see all the monuments you had visited in the previous days. Prices are very reasonable too. It's great on a summer afternoon. In the evenings they bring a DJ to spin some music.
[Image: 957mP2Q.png]

If I think of anything else worth checking out, I will post it.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Sourcecode - 06-10-2015

I would suggest making a note to hitting some if the culinary spots in Budapest.
I have "data post" in the thread a couple pages back.

The Jewish quarter has a lot if interesting stops to eat like
Borsch, the taco stand, soup places.
Maybe even a traditional Hungarian meal.
You gotta try Babs leves and goulash.

While your down by the river, you could also hit up the market.
They have a wide range of stalls... They mostly sell a lot of the same, but you could go there for the experience.

Personally.. If you are gonna buy something food wise.. Don't buy it at the big market. They charge more because it's a tourist place.

Unicum and palinka, national drinks can be bought at any corner store or tesco on the same block.
Unicum taste like a Hungarian adaptation of Jaeger and palinka taste like flavored gasoline.

Your party hostel will most likely stop at Szimpla.
No doubt there are great bars and clubs in Budapest, but I think every person coming through Budapest should hit this place up.

An of course there are a couple members in the city they might be down to meet up with you also

Your third day..
All that stuff is really compact in the same area. Unless you are gonna spend a couple hours at the bath, you'll be done pretty quick.
PS. You can't go inside the bath without a ticket.
There is a zoo up there next to the bath

I don't know if you're into that, but I think zoos are pretty cool

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Deluge - 06-10-2015

Not a fan of zoo's personally. Looks like I could fit Budapest into 3 days now. Perhaps I'll fit in a day trip as well.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Cr33pin - 06-26-2015

Budapest or Budabreast? Every girl I have saw online from there has big tits.... either that or they have invented some magical bra in Hungary. Of course it also looks like the Pest has its fair share of chubby bunnies...

ps. I Will be there on the 1st of July and stay all month... longer if needed

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - DMario - 06-26-2015

Bootyfest...Hungarian girls got ass too.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Chauncey - 06-27-2015

Cr33pin, I'm pretty new around here, it seems like you do nothing but travel the world and bang chicks. Do you have a location independent job or a bankroll that lets you live the international playboy lifestyle?

Any tips for a single American guy with no responsibilities (mortgage, kids), a flexible work schedule (can take off for a month or two if I want) and a $3k/mo residual income (insurance renewals)?

I'm getting bored as shit here with the daily grind but have never ventured out of the country for more than a week at a time.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - ElJefe1 - 06-27-2015

Hungarian pussy, some of the best pussy of all times.....

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Cr33pin - 06-27-2015

Quote: (06-27-2015 03:15 AM)Chauncey Wrote:  

Cr33pin, I'm pretty new around here, it seems like you do nothing but travel the world and bang chicks. Do you have a location independent job or a bankroll that lets you live the international playboy lifestyle?

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Cr33pin - 07-02-2015

Red Bull is having their air show/race thing Saturday/Sunday here.
[Image: red-bull-air-race-budapest.jpg]

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - DMario - 07-02-2015

Cr33pin if you're looking for something to do tonight hit up BoB Bar, it should be models night if you're into that sort of thing. Also it should be Hi5 Thursday at Otkert.
https://www.facebook.com/bulikabob

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Sourcecode - 07-02-2015

Not ashamed..I have been playing Red bull air race game on my cellphone.
Flying planes around the river...still makes me miss Budapest [Image: sad.gif]

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Cr33pin - 07-03-2015

I have seen more girls with short hair here in Budapest in 3 days then I have seen in the last 3 years anywhere else. I don't know if its a trend here or I am just staying in the Dyke District but this shit is out of control.
[Image: notday.jpg]
Its a problem

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Snowflake - 07-30-2015

I arrived in Bp as well last night. Place was way too hyped not to check out, and rightly so.

Even though I was exhausted by the previous days in Vienna and Krakow I decided to hit the streets nonetheless. First stop was Szimpla Kert and I must say I was not impressed. The crowd in my eyes was the very definition of trash: packed wall to wall with loud aussie and british skanks; I ordered a beer and a shot paid in euro and got HUF back at the rate of 1:270 so yeah that sucked.

After a couple approaches that went nowhere save for a number from a danish chick that wont reply to my texts I didn't get much going on. I decided to head towards BoB club as it was getting pretty late already and I was itching to check the place out after reading the impressions of our guys here with boots on the ground.
On the way to BoB I stumbled on a bar I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned before (if it has, my bad) which is Fröccsterasz. Literally teeming with hot young hungarian girls, I was literally blown away, however this was still tame in comparison to what was waiting for me ahead.

I decided to keep going and eventually got to BoB. Now, Bp girls are definitely hot on average, but it seems that BoB is just a magnet for the hottest chicks in town.
It was literally packed with girls I'd rate 8s or even higher in some rare cases. It also had a few local ballers walking around however and I can definitely understand why some members said it's not really that easy to pull from the place. After hanging around a bit and getting blown out by a group of 3 girls I decided to keep going, and came across Kraft.

In my opinion not the place you want to be, unless you're 18 with good game and social connections. The girls however weren't bad at all. I'm not gonna go on a rant of what I think of hot young hungarian high school girls, mainly because I don't want to get banned but you probably get the idea, the girls weren't bad at all.

All in all I think the city is great, I can understand why some RVFers even decided to relocate here. I'm really excited for the next few night and I'll keep you guys posted.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Snowflake - 07-30-2015

Got my Venezuelan flag! [Image: wink.gif]

here's how the night went. I decided to hit up Ötkert after all the praise it got on the forum. I was supposed to meet up with a forum member but he couldn't make it in the end so I'm rolling solo. Went out 2300h ish and decided to hit up that Fröccsterasz I hyped up in my last post for a couple drinks and possibly a couple approaches to warm up. This night unfortunately the place wasn't really popping like last time, lots of mixed groups and couples (the Fröccsterasz I'm talking about is the actual bar on the street not the one next to Deak Ferenc park). I decided to move on

I arrived at Ötkert half an hour later, checked in and... I shit you not, there was a british stag party happening. The ratio was 6 guys : 1 girl and the place was half empty. Either way I opened a couple of hungarian med students and talked to them for a bit, this was the first of a series of occasions were the lack of a wing would seriously hinder my progress with girls as I couldn't find any way to isolate either of them. Decided to move on and hit up BoB. The place was a bit empty so I moved further on to Badgirlz which was already popping. Much more favorable ratio, a few hotties and I must say a pretty fierce competition from the guys there. I lost count of the built, stylish or both men over there.

As the night moved on I kept approaching but couldn't really get anywhere. I got particulary frustrated after getting bullshitted by some hungarian hottie; one way or another I found myself being followed by some spanish guy who went ahead and started buying the hottie's group and myself drinks. This girl grinded on my jock for half an hour but wouldn't turn to kiss, I thought nothing of it initially but started getting suspicious after a while. Long story short they left us after milking the guy for 2-3 drinks each.

At this point I hit a pretty rough patch: my focus was gone, I was trying to shake off the spaniard and my mindset was all messed up; what am I doing here rolling solo? should I just give in and go home to jerk off?

The next few approaches went nowhere. By now the place was packed and the temperature approached that of a steam sauna. Girls would flat out reject you without even listening to your openers. I started cycling Ötkert -> BoB -> Badgirlz. I was getting nowhere. Eventually I just decided to throw in the towel and started walking home all bitter and frustrated. On the way home I fired off a text to my latest tinder match: a 19 year old Venezuelan who immediately replied and happened to be in my vicinity.

We had been chatting a bit in the afternoon and when we met she was already on her own. It went really smoothly except when we started walking up the stairs to my pad and she started firing off questions about what we were going to do once in, calling a cab from my place etc... I calmed the hamster, brought her in, offered her a glass of water then smashed. She is right next to me snoring like a chainsaw as I typed this up.

Takeaways from the night:

BoB and Badgirlz seem more like places for locals. The quality was through the roof and ya boi just couldn't peel his eyes off some off the hungarian girls shaking their assess to some trap remixes of Rihanna songs in there.

Ötkert. This place is also good. Until 130-2 am at this point if you haven't already secured a girl and are still running around throwing out "You guys seem to be having a great time" (i.e. yours truly at 230am)... adios amigo. Please keep in mind that your game might be much stronger than mine and closing time could work for you. For me it just sucks, I'm a glass cannon, as soon as I get thrown off my game (happens easily) I'm pretty much done.

Shout out to the homie Sourcecode for his amazing advice and spot on observations, also I hope you don't mind me using this thread to throw up my Bp impressions. Yes hungarian girls do have thick, meaty asses and walking into either of these clubs is a feast for the eyes.

Oh yeah, +1

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - daniel969 - 07-31-2015

Hello, just keep on exploring Budapest. The prices are really cheap and the salaries there are one third of those in Western Europe, so you will understand why everything is cheap. Hungarian people are friendly? I wouldn't say that. Maybe in restaurants and bars if you have money in your pocket.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - tylerdurden1993 - 08-03-2015

I'm looking at going to Budapest around the end of august for around 5-7 days.

As this is the first time i'm travelling on my own i'm looking at staying in a hostel for hopefully a ready made social circle to hang out with.

Can anyone recommend any good "party hostels" to stay in that are near the action? i.e. Near Szimpla etc.

Thanks

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - ElJefe1 - 08-03-2015

@ Tyler Durden - Wambat

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Sourcecode - 08-04-2015

Grandio party hostel is on the street behind Szimpla.

I think another forum member stayed there recently.

Just letting you know tho..
If you stay at a party hostel... You're really limiting yourself to bagging a British or Australian chick right now.

If you can hack it.
I would look to rent an apartment.
It might be much more expensive than a hostel.
But you'll be able to bring chicks back and not have the hostel clutter an drunk dudes. ( hostel in Budapest seem to have more dudes than anywhere)

And you also will have a backstory when trying to snag a Hungarian.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Iso - 08-24-2015

Im headed to Budapest soon. Can you guys give a list of the bars/clubs you liked and the ones you hated? I don't need any explanations. Just a list of good ones and the ones to avoid. I want to compile the list so I can determine which area to stay in.

So far it seems like the recommendations based on this forum are:
BOB
Szimpla
Otkert
Kraft

Avoid:
Instant

Which bars are the weekday bars? Weekend ones?

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Chengiz88 - 09-03-2015

Whats the latest intel on the ground in Budapest...considering the migrant crisis/demos

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Thaitanium - 09-03-2015

Quote: (09-03-2015 02:49 PM)Chengiz88 Wrote:  

Whats the latest intel on the ground in Budapest...considering the migrant crisis/demos

I agree. I was thinking about Budapest for a week mid October. Seems the train station has been flooded with refugees lately. How is the atmosphere there?

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - vanryan - 09-03-2015

Quote: (09-03-2015 04:36 PM)Thaitanium Wrote:  

Quote: (09-03-2015 02:49 PM)Chengiz88 Wrote:  

I agree. I was thinking about Budapest for a week mid October. Seems the train station has been flooded with refugees lately. How is the atmosphere there?

Nothing has changed really. They're all camped round the two main train stations which aren't really daygame hot spots anyway. Business as usual. Students are filtering back and the smelly Szigetters have left.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - ohionukes - 09-03-2015

Been watching the news - all the young female immigrants at the train station seem to be 6 or less. Any intel on the ground for refugee action?

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Chengiz88 - 09-04-2015

@ohionukes you want to "game" women who are living destitute and escaping terror?? Really??

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Patriarch - 09-04-2015

Quote: (09-04-2015 07:28 AM)Chengiz88 Wrote:  

@ohionukes you want to "game" women who are living destitute and escaping terror?? Really??

Dude, save the histrionics.