Roosh V Forum
My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread (/thread-38463.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Nemausus - 02-10-2015

Quote: (02-10-2015 01:50 PM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

Im considering making a trip back to Budapest in April.
How many people are still in the city? Or plan to go back.

Seems like the Budapest hype has died down a little

There's a few of us here who are in it for the long haul now.

We go out and meet up regularly. I'm sure they will reply to this thread as well.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Apollo21 - 02-11-2015

Quote: (02-10-2015 01:50 PM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

Im considering making a trip back to Budapest in April.
How many people are still in the city? Or plan to go back.

Seems like the Budapest hype has died down a little

I still have yet to make the trip. Although I plan to go this year.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Volk - 02-12-2015

Hey Sourcecode! Good to know you are planning to visit Budapest again.
I don't think we'll meet tho. After my last holiday I realized I didn't like living in the place anymore, the whole city is not how it was 3 years ago when I first arrived. It was time for me to walk away. It was good while it lasted.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - The Llort - 02-12-2015

Quote: (02-12-2015 11:40 AM)Volk Wrote:  

I don't think we'll meet tho. After my last holiday I realized I didn't like living in the place anymore, the whole city is not how it was 3 years ago when I first arrived. It was time for me to walk away. It was good while it lasted.

Don't leave us hanging man...

Where's this greener pasture you're off to?

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Buddha - 02-12-2015

Hey Sourcecode! Me & other forum members are having the time of our lives here! Look forward to having you in Budapest [Image: biggrin.gif] It's a wonderful city and is getting better every week [Image: banana.gif]

Hit me up when u arrive. We'll all roll together as a crew with the guys here [Image: biggrin.gif]

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Teal529 - 04-19-2015

I've hit a few of you guys up, Buddha, I know you're still here... dmario, sourcecode are gone.. Anyone who's here, PM me.. I'll be here until the middle of July, 3 months

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Giorgioo - 04-20-2015

what do you do for a living?

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - rhino - 04-20-2015

After my last holiday I realized I didn't like living in the place anymore, the whole city is not how it was 3 years ago when I first arrived. It was time for me to walk away. It was good while it lasted.

Why, what happened? Break it down. Thx!

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - ssvle - 04-21-2015

Friends,

I will be in Budapest from this Sunday (27th I think) until Thursday.

Anyone want to meet up? I'd like to talk about the town, or go out together...

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Teal529 - 04-25-2015

Giorgio, I sell products on amazon.. Run a couple businesses on there.

Ssvle, PM me when you arrive

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - worldwide2014 - 05-07-2015

Just curious sourcecode, where did you find your apartment at? I'm looking on airbnb for this summer and it's showing $800- $1000 range per month for flats in district 7 area which seems to be where the good clubs are? You said you were paying $375 but were sharing it with a roomate, bringing the total up to $740. Maybe prices have just gone up in the past year?

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Sourcecode - 05-07-2015

I found my apartment on air bnb
I found a place that had a good month of space.
I message the person directly and told him what I planned to do and have him the amount that I wanted to pay and we came to a deal.
500 euro And we would just pay cash every month.

I probably could have got it cheaper, but I didn't have much time left.

Somewhere in the thread and on the air bnb thread I made post about bargaining for places.

You gotta remember, people will try to get what they think you can pay.
The cost of living isn't much in Budapest.
And the dollar to forint is actually better than when I left.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - worldwide2014 - 05-09-2015

Thanks sourcecode. I actually had another question, is there anything like the american version of cheap motels in budapest? I know I asked about airbnb but I'm in a situation where logistics might not be favorable 100% of the time. I'm just wondering if there's cheap motels that are in safe areas of the city that go for $30 a night like some places in the US do if I were to need one?

Also, are there any dry cleaners in the city? I live in a second tier city in the US and with my button down dress shirts I like to take them to the dry cleaners where I can get them washed and pressed for a measly $1.50 per shirt ready the next day which is perfect because it saves me time and it's cheap. Any places like this in Budapest?

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Sourcecode - 05-09-2015

In sure they're are motels and dry cleaners
But I couldn't tell you where they are.
I never used them.

I pretty much always used air bnb while traveling or found a private bed and breakfast if I just went to a city on a whim.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - John Galt2 - 05-13-2015

Sourcecode / Buddha / et al - can you guys throw out an exact address (or landmark / bar / restaurant) at the "epicenter" for best logistics*. I plan to dump that into an airbnb search and spread out from there. Sounds like I want to be as close to the ruin pub area as possible but would like some confirmations from the board. I saw a great place right next to Liberty Square (and very close to the river) but its about a 20 min walk away. Will be out there for a month, looking forward to meeting some of you!

John

* to me that means closest walking distances to nice bars / restaurants / culture / etc, with equal opportunities for day and night game.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Sourcecode - 05-15-2015

I hope this helps.
I usually make a bunch of bookmarks on google maps before I get to a city and then update is to the places i like and frequent often.
Doing this makes it easy for me to try to plan where I want in the city after I know where the bar and clubs

Not all these places are bars.. some of them are restaurants also
[Image: 0y6WGdLl.png][Image: nAzUJigl.png][Image: YC553AXl.png]
That being said..With Budapest... unless you are trying to live right next door to a bar..
The city is easily walk able.
Even if you dont take a train or bus, you cant walk anywhere.
I had a chick that lied near bajza utca, when I lived near szimpla... and easy 20 minute walk if i felt like getting some air.
pretty much anywhere you can stay is gonna be within a 15 minute or less walk of some clubs.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - John Galt2 - 05-16-2015

Thanks for the info. Found a sleek modern place about a 10 min walk from Szimpla (according to Google maps), just west of the "big ring road". The tomfoolery starts Jun 18.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - TravellerJay - 05-17-2015

Quote: (05-07-2015 11:12 PM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

I found my apartment on air bnb
I message the person directly and told him what I planned to do and have him the amount that I wanted to pay and we came to a deal.
500 euro And we would just pay cash every month.

Sourcecode, How did you manage to get the deal with the owner? Did you rent the place for at least 1 or 2 days in order to get his real address and phone number? Because I am very much interested how you did it. Airbnb has this software that blocks any attempt from landlord and tenant to have contact and cut deals without their payment system and then bypass and make airbnb losing money.., I think that paying cash is benefitial too, I hate credit cards and although rental places can protect users if landlors are prone to scam users.., did you have a good experience with the hungarian guy? And would you recommend the site so we can rent the same place? If is close to the ruin bars area, then is a good thing.

thanks Mate

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Sourcecode - 05-18-2015

I messaged him on airbnb with my proposal.
We talked a bit... You can't say phone numbers or email addresses.

I gave him my email but said. GoooMooAooIooL

Then we emailed phone numbers.

I met the guy first and he showed me the place.

Yes it was informal she not really official.
But we wrote up a contract. Made copies of passports and his Hungarian ID card just for record.
Then I gave him the money.
We meet at burger king..

From there in we just met up every month and have him cash.

Never had any problems, he already had a couple reviews on air bnb.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - TravellerJay - 05-18-2015

Awesome. Thanks for the intel

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - veeRob - 05-20-2015

Quote: (05-17-2015 09:40 PM)TravellerJay Wrote:  

Sourcecode, How did you manage to get the deal with the owner?

When using Airbnb, just send them a few messages in a row with your email. So "blah" [send] "at" [send] "gmail" [send]. Most Airbnb owners figure it out. Or you can do the same thing with your phone number.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Teal529 - 05-22-2015

Quote: (05-13-2015 01:11 PM)John Galt2 Wrote:  

Sourcecode / Buddha / et al - can you guys throw out an exact address (or landmark / bar / restaurant) at the "epicenter" for best logistics*. I plan to dump that into an airbnb search and spread out from there. Sounds like I want to be as close to the ruin pub area as possible but would like some confirmations from the board. I saw a great place right next to Liberty Square (and very close to the river) but its about a 20 min walk away. Will be out there for a month, looking forward to meeting some of you!

John

* to me that means closest walking distances to nice bars / restaurants / culture / etc, with equal opportunities for day and night game.

John, I've been here for over a month now, and I really like District VI. I've been living on Andrassy and love this spot. It's very close to everything. I'll make a map for you to show ya why it's a good spot. I made this really quick, but hopefully it helps:

edit: the small circle next to BoB&BadGirlz circle is for the bars Otkert & Kraft, that you see people post about. I haven't been to neither. People say Otkert is the best. Everytime I walk by, there is a line that seems like it takes a century to get inside. But there are some bad girls in that line.....

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Sourcecode - 05-22-2015

There is really no good it has location in Budapest. Everything is so cool close that as long as you stay in the pest side and do stuff in pest... You will have a great time.

I bought a month train ticket my first month thinking I would use it.. But after the first month u never bought one again because I could just walk. There is the same account of time.

If everyone makes a map of where they go on Budapest, it'll look like a big players Venn diagram

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - ElJefe1 - 05-23-2015

Andrassy ut is the best street hands down also one of the most expensive by BP standards.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Deluge - 06-09-2015

Hey, is anyone familiar with Budapest willing to me help me out with my itinerary? I'm backpacking around Europe this summer and will be in Budapest for 4 full days in early August and I need some help with what to see. I have some spare space on my 4th day so I'd like to add more good sights within Budapest, not really interested in daytrips. Museums are italicized.

Day 0: Arrive from Vienna that night, checking into a famous "party hostel" in the old Jewish quarter in Budapest VII.

Day 1:
The Chain Bridge, Parliament, St Stephen's Basilica, National Opera House, Hungarian National Museum, Central Market, Iparmuveszeti Muzeum (not going in), Holocaust Memorial

Day 2:
Buda Castle: Lion’s Courtyard, Hungarian National Gallery, Savoyai Terrace
Fisherman’s Bastion, Matthias Church, Gellert Baths, Citadella (Liberty Monument)

Day 3:
House of Terror, Heroes Square, Vajdahunyad Castle, Szechenyi Baths, Museum of Fine Arts

Day 4: Extra
Great Synagogue, more sights, Memento Park
Night train to either Krakow or Prague.

Any tips?