Roosh V Forum
Zinc has made me a better man. - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Zinc has made me a better man. (/thread-15255.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Zinc has made me a better man. - trapper_john - 03-01-2013

Quote: (11-08-2012 01:06 PM)Hades Wrote:  

Do you guys know where to get zinc in Europe? I found out that my zinc tablets are only 5 milligrams, though these tablets also have a full day's worth of vitamin C.

You can get them delivered from amazon.co.uk. Got those delivered to Finland without any problem.

Now Foods Zinc Picolinate 50 mg 120 Capsules from Amazon UK

Zinc has made me a better man. - Vienna - 03-02-2013

Does it matter what "kind" of zinc it is? My 30 mg zinc tablets are zinc gluconate/picolinate. I've seen a bunch of zinc variations in different brands and have a feeling that some are more biologically available than others...

Zinc has made me a better man. - SkeletonJelly? - 03-02-2013

Apparently suffixed with "-ate" is much better than "-ide", if anybody knows why I'm curious to know.

Zinc has made me a better man. - Jaylow - 03-02-2013

Mono is #1, pico is #2. Don't listen to the retard above me.

Zinc Picolinate

Zinc supplements come in several different forms, with some of the most common being zinc citrate, zinc acetate and zinc picolinate. Picolinate, a form of picolinic acid, is used as a chelating agent that attaches to the zinc and helps it pass into the bloodstream. Zinc picolinate is absorbed better than the forms with citrate or acetate.

Zinc Monomethionine

Zinc monomethionine is another type of zinc supplement that combines zinc with an equal amount of methionine. Methionine is an amino acid that improves the body's ability to absorb zinc. According to Advanced Health and Life Extension, this makes it the most bioavailable form of zinc, allowing it to be better absorbed and retained longer than other zinc supplements.

Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University; Zinc; Jane Higdon, Ph.D.; December 2003
New York University Langone Medical Center: Zinc
University of Maryland Medical Center: Zinc
Advanced Health and Life Extension: Zinc in Health and Nutrition; Zinc Monomethionine

Zinc has made me a better man. - Emancipator - 03-02-2013

Is Zinc Gluconate ok?

Zinc has made me a better man. - Jaylow - 03-02-2013

Quote: (03-02-2013 11:23 PM)Emancipator Wrote:  

Is Zinc Gluconate ok?

You can get any form of zinc for like $8 for 100+ pills, may as well go for the best. L-opti zinc w/ copper is probably the highest rated one out there.

Zinc has made me a better man. - callaghan - 03-03-2013

it matters what kind of zinc you use as some are not aborbed and you may find that only 5 % of your dose actually pass the membrane cell.

Best one is orotate second best citrate zinc

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natur...s-of-zinc/

http://www.lifeproducts.com/Zinc-Citrate...003106.htm

http://healthwyze.org/index.html/componen...equal.html

Zinc has made me a better man. - tjuan - 04-17-2013

Did anyone have testicular side affects after their zinc binge? Post or PM me if so.
I'm having a swelling issue and trying to determine where it could have came from.

Zinc has made me a better man. - Fujiwara - 04-17-2013

How much of a zinc binge did you go on?

I've been supplementing the zinc/copper for over a year, and a long term testicular effect is seemingly higher sauce production rate, in addition to a faster rate of expulsion... but nothing like noticeable swelling.

Zinc has made me a better man. - MidniteSpecial - 04-17-2013

No swelling. Had to much cum in my balls and had a wet dream one night though.

What kind of zinc were you taking? How much? For how long? Did you do the zinc test?

I'm been taking zma every night now. And when I don't take zma I do 50 mg of zinc picolanate. Sometimes 100mg if I bust two nuts. And spread out so one dose would be in morning and the other before bed.

I also sweat a lot everyday. Are you active? Do you workout? Lift? Do you even lift bro?

Zinc has made me a better man. - Cr33pin - 04-17-2013

Im taking the GNC mega man sport multi and after seeing this thread I just checked how much Zinc was in it cause I thought it was alot. Its only 25mg... I have some 75mg zinc pills I bought but didnt take cause I thought the megaman multi had enuff in it. It may be time to start taking one of my 75mg pills a day also.

I also took about 300mgs on Niacin the other day an had the wild hot red Niacin flush.. it was kind of trippy

Zinc has made me a better man. - Fitzgerald - 04-17-2013

Anyone take bee pollen? I just started, it's got a lot of zinc in it, and more protein by weight than beef.

Zinc has made me a better man. - tjuan - 04-17-2013

Midnite, what do you mean by "lifting"? [Image: wink.gif]
It was only for six weeks in the summer or fall, about 200mg a day (50mg 4x/day), pretty much daily, I was roughly doing the stronglifts program 4x a week, hitting failure and PB's often. Also took vitamin D and C. I think it gave me a boost during the time focused on heavy lifts.
Did not take a zinc test (don't know what that is), it was Jamieson brand, I did not have copper (which I now see one should as zinc depletes copper). It's long enough ago that I wouldn't think it would be relevant, but thought I'd check as this was a popular thread around the time, we were all gnawing away on blocks of zinc. I think that cancels one thing, thanks for the responses.

Zinc has made me a better man. - Feo - 04-17-2013

Quote: (03-02-2013 03:02 PM)SkeletonJelly? Wrote:  

Apparently suffixed with "-ate" is much better than "-ide", if anybody knows why I'm curious to know.

Something about liver damage. I take the generic zinc sulfate from Walgreens and that's been working fine for me. Anyone have a link to the L-opti? Is it any better than plain zinc sulfate?

Zinc has made me a better man. - MidniteSpecial - 04-17-2013

Yeah once I got the desired affect from it I toned it down to no more than 100mg a day.

I'm also 6 foot 3 215 lbs. don't know if that makes a difference.

The zinc test is this liquid zinc you just swish in your mouth. If you can taste it that means your zinc levels are optimum or to high.

The swelling could be a veracole. Did you get hit there or get blue balls?

Zinc has made me a better man. - Kid Strangelove - 05-14-2013

So I recently started taking ZMA before going to sleep (2 ZMA tablets of GNC's store brand to be exact), and this is one of the few supplements I have taken where I see immediate results:

You will sleep better, you will have a more restful and relaxing sleep, you will feel like a champ in the morning. I was having some inconsistent sleep issues but ZMA seems to have fixed all of that. I had no idea how many areas of my life can be improved with better, more restful sleep. 10/10 would recommend

Zinc has made me a better man. - thebassist - 05-18-2013

Quote: (05-14-2013 03:00 PM)Kid Strangelove Wrote:  

So I recently started taking ZMA before going to sleep (2 ZMA tablets of GNC's store brand to be exact), and this is one of the few supplements I have taken where I see immediate results:

You will sleep better, you will have a more restful and relaxing sleep, you will feel like a champ in the morning. I was having some inconsistent sleep issues but ZMA seems to have fixed all of that. I had no idea how many areas of my life can be improved with better, more restful sleep. 10/10 would recommend

Agreed.

It's one of the few supplements I've tried where I get an immediate, noticeable boost. I was almost chalked it down to placebo effect when I felt so great my second day of taking it, but after feeling consistently better, I know it's got to be the zinc.

Zinc has made me a better man. - Vitriol - 05-19-2013

ZMA apparently works by putting you in into a deeper, more efficient sleep cycle. Your body releases most of its growth hormone and testosterone while you sleep, so the supplement maximizes this effect. It really does seem to put me in deep sleep where I have vivid fucked up dreams and you're much more likely to bust nuts in your sleep taking this stuff.

The guy who invented ZMA is in this podcast talking about how it works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azzhD2QJ8B0

I was also looking for foods that boost testosterone and it turns out most of them are also high in zinc. Here are two lists:

http://bb2k.blogspot.com/2011/01/top-10-...foods.html

http://www.ehow.com/about_5492524_foods-...tml#page=1

Zinc has made me a better man. - little wing - 05-19-2013

10mg is the recommended daily dose, I take 36.
You are telling me you take 2000% of the recommended dose? That can't be healthy

Zinc has made me a better man. - MidniteSpecial - 05-19-2013

Quote: (05-19-2013 01:35 PM)Vitriol Wrote:  

ZMA apparently works by putting you in into a deeper, more efficient sleep cycle. Your body releases most of its growth hormone and testosterone while you sleep, so the supplement maximizes this effect. It really does seem to put me in deep sleep where I have vivid fucked up dreams and you're much more likely to bust nuts in your sleep taking this stuff.

The guy who invented ZMA is in this podcast talking about how it works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azzhD2QJ8B0

I was also looking for foods that boost testosterone and it turns out most of them are also high in zinc. Here are two lists:

http://bb2k.blogspot.com/2011/01/top-10-...foods.html

http://www.ehow.com/about_5492524_foods-...tml#page=1

If you bust nuts in your sleep chances are you have a weak pc muscle and would benefit from doing kegels.

Zinc has made me a better man. - RandalGraves - 05-20-2013

Quote: (04-17-2013 11:51 AM)MidniteSpecial Wrote:  

No swelling. Had to much cum in my balls and had a wet dream one night though.

What kind of zinc were you taking? How much? For how long? Did you do the zinc test?

I'm been taking zma every night now. And when I don't take zma I do 50 mg of zinc picolanate. Sometimes 100mg if I bust two nuts. And spread out so one dose would be in morning and the other before bed.

I also sweat a lot everyday. Are you active? Do you workout? Lift? Do you even lift bro?

Link to the pills you ordered?

Zinc has made me a better man. - Ben Kenobi - 05-21-2013

Quote: (04-17-2013 11:38 AM)tjuan Wrote:  

Did anyone have testicular side affects after their zinc binge? Post or PM me if so.
I'm having a swelling issue and trying to determine where it could have came from.

I did a 5 week cycle of taking zinc, 5 weeks off, 5 weeks on again, and almost about to start another 5 week cycle of it. I was taking 50 mg of zinc gluconate per day from Now.

I had a similar experience to you in my second 5 weeks on. I felt like I had blue balls about 18 out of 24 hours per day. My balls felt extra sensitive and heavy and I was super horny all day, sometimes getting random erections at work. I'd wake up each morning with pulsating morning wood. My ejaculations were a lot more in volume and a lot more forceful, also more pleasurable. I'd cum and then about 12-15 hours later I'd feel like I had blue balls again. I don't know if there was so much swelling in my balls, but they definitely felt heavier/bigger/more sensitive.

I don't know how some of you guys are taking hundreds of mgs of the stuff. 50 seems to be plenty for me, and I lift regularly and drink heavily two nights per week.

Zinc has made me a better man. - Kish - 05-21-2013

Quote: (05-21-2013 10:43 PM)Ben Kenobi Wrote:  

I did a 5 week cycle of taking zinc, 5 weeks off, 5 weeks on again, and almost about to start another 5 week cycle of it. I was taking 50 mg of zinc gluconate per day from Now.

I had a similar experience to you in my second 5 weeks on. I felt like I had blue balls about 18 out of 24 hours per day. My balls felt extra sensitive and heavy and I was super horny all day, sometimes getting random erections at work. I'd wake up each morning with pulsating morning wood. My ejaculations were a lot more in volume and a lot more forceful, also more pleasurable. I'd cum and then about 12-15 hours later I'd feel like I had blue balls again. I don't know if there was so much swelling in my balls, but they definitely felt heavier/bigger/more sensitive.

I don't know how some of you guys are taking hundreds of mgs of the stuff. 50 seems to be plenty for me, and I lift regularly and drink heavily two nights per week.

Any effects during the first 5 weeks?

Zinc has made me a better man. - MidniteSpecial - 05-22-2013

Just ran out out of my zma so I'm gonna start on these: http://m.iherb.com/new-chapter-organics-...tablets/67

Interested to see the difference since these are made from 'whole foods'.

If your balls feel like blue balls and its to much I would tone it down to 25mg a day in two doses.

I'm gonna try that glauconite from now brand when I'm done with this bottle from new chapter.

Zinc has made me a better man. - Ben Kenobi - 05-22-2013

Quote: (05-21-2013 11:13 PM)rakishness Wrote:  

Quote: (05-21-2013 10:43 PM)Ben Kenobi Wrote:  

Any effects during the first 5 weeks?

I got a little more and harder morning wood than before. But it was nothing like the second 5 weeks where I was waking up with pulsating boners almost every morning.