Roosh V Forum
Fashion and Style Lounge - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Fashion and Style Lounge (/thread-53940.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Fashion and Style Lounge - HonantheBarbarian - 08-02-2016

For the guys asking about good brands for simple tees, I mentioned in another thread how Uniqlo Supima cotton plain T's have been the absolute best shirts ive ever purchased. I got them online for about $13 each, they have been through dozens of washes and are still jet black and the perfect size and fit.

So if you need simple, solid colors you really cant go wrong with those. Im actually going to get a few in white now.

Fashion and Style Lounge - Stickman - 08-02-2016

Ringo - with the acceptation of a couple of pictures such as this

[Image: 1561c110537d5c88fb474dd32d67bd89.jpg]

This

[Image: tumblr_n8iqno_CBQl1tdcif1o1_1280.jpg]

and this

[Image: Business_Casual_in_a_polo_and_chinos.jpg]

The rest of the other guys does not look masculine at all. They are better off wearing long sleeve shirts. The short sleeve shirt doesn't highlight their best attributes and those floral pattern and buttons all the way up? Just no.

Fashion and Style Lounge - Vronski - 08-03-2016

Quote: (08-02-2016 05:47 PM)Stickman Wrote:  

The Polos, you don't see a lot of stylish man wearing them. Also Polos are out of style these days.

[Image: huh.gif]

Fashion and Style Lounge - Ringo - 08-03-2016

Quote: (08-02-2016 07:29 PM)Stickman Wrote:  

Ringo - with the acceptation of a couple of pictures such as this

[Image: 1561c110537d5c88fb474dd32d67bd89.jpg]

This

and this

[Image: Business_Casual_in_a_polo_and_chinos.jpg]

The rest of the other guys does not look masculine at all. They are better off wearing long sleeve shirts. The short sleeve shirt doesn't highlight their best attributes and those floral pattern and buttons all the way up? Just no.
I disagree but I respect your opinion - to each their own.

However, in style (as in game) you need to be able to extrapolate. Some of the outfits may look unmanly, but that's because the guys wearing them look like pussies.

If you put the exact same clothes on a manly guy he'd look great. And if you put a manly guy's clothes on a simp he'd still look like a simp.

David Gandy is one of the most sought after male models in the world. Here looks like a plain, very handsome dad:
[Image: e1efff3fb7ea86c35dc766c39a40db33.jpg]

Here he looks way cooler:
[Image: 8db7cc165ecc1ab6f5b83622faf99755.jpg]
[Image: 86706d3f_8f3b_45cb_b8fa_755c420772eb.jpg]

As for floral short sleeve shirts, maybe you don't like the style - but these guys are rocking and girls would 100% do a double take:
[Image: dab730655e903564dc697f981b5b3f57.jpg]

[img][Image: image_112.jpg][/img]

Fashion and Style Lounge - Designate - 08-03-2016

Quote: (07-24-2016 12:27 AM)QuietDog Wrote:  

Anyone have any strong opinions for or against?

[Image: 5d3c52031003e667a5eb265cb63db540.jpg]

[Image: ties2.jpg]

[Image: 69db42759cb52ce466d62e79414c5f5e30d2e8a4...04%252c409]

I have mixed opinions on this look. I think it is more or less just a fad and should be used sparingly in certain situations. Ties are like suits in a way. Are you wearing it because you have good fashion sense and want to? Or because you have to? If it's the former then I think this is a look that can be pulled off in the right situation, like eating, drinking or running around.

The 1st picture is great, the guy looks like he knows what he is doing and he looks like a boss. This is the kind of situation where it really works and looks better than being untucked. Same for the 3rd, but keep in mind that is David Beckham, there is almost no style of clothing he couldn't pull off. Maybe it's the sweater around the waist look, but the 2nd picture is just bad. There is no reason to be wearing a tie with that outfit in the first place, let alone tuck it in.

Fashion and Style Lounge - Stickman - 08-03-2016

Ringo - those new pics are great but again that dude is fit and good looking. I'm not saying they don't have their place but how many of us looks like David gandy?

Can you imagine a scrawny dude wearing floral shirt button all the way up with shorts to show his chicken legs? Looks great on David gundy right? He'd be better off with a fitted long sleve and chinos

Fashion and Style Lounge - Satoshi - 08-03-2016

Quote: (08-02-2016 07:29 PM)Stickman Wrote:  

Look like a school boy imo.

Fashion and Style Lounge - Irenicus - 08-03-2016

^^

I have a feeling that someone aimed an AK47 at that guy. I mean, he is dressed sharp, but that body language...c'mon.

"Everything is going to be alright. Haha, Achmed, where did you buy that piece of crap, hahaha...(pees in his pants)".

Fashion and Style Lounge - scrambled - 08-04-2016

Quote: (07-26-2016 07:35 PM)redbeard Wrote:  

Quote: (07-25-2016 03:22 AM)britchard Wrote:  

First post in here, have checked out this thread many times though. My question is on hair.

Luckily, I'm still young so I have a full head of hair. My hair colour is slightly dark brown, and changes in summer and winter. Anyway, I've recently noticed that when I get out of the shower with my hair dripping wet (and black in colour), I then have the relatively rare black hair and light blue eyes combination, which I think looks quite good on a guy (no homo).

So my question is, do you think it would be worth me dying my hair black (from brown). It would definitely make me easier to be opened and complimented. Are there any downsides to this?

How much does dying your hair move you up the looks scale (1-10)?

How long does hair dye take? How often do you have to do it? How much does it cost?

Without actually seeing you, I can't assume it would take you up the looks scale so much as to qualify a significant time and money investment.

I say nay to the dye; it will be a lot of effort for minimal improvement.

It is a necessity to go to a full-service salon to have it done by a professional who can advise him/you; my guess is they will dissuade you or at least push you into dying only a shade darker. The jet black look will appear incongruent. It would be done every hair cut; where I live in US maybe $30-45 extra from a regular haircut.

Whatever you do, don't use the over-the-counter drugstore dye, like "Just for men" it's garbage in terms of blending and covering and in any case will turn reddish when sunlight hits it.

Quote: (07-24-2016 04:57 PM)kinnikinik Wrote:  

So, here's my question... (finally, I know!) ... Why is wearing a suit jacket with jeans such a non-starter? and, How do I tell an orphan suit jacket from a sport coat?

Is it just the reduced structure in the shoulders? Isn't that just a matter of degree with the less-structured suit jackets blending into the more structured sport coats???
help!

The first part was correctly answered already above, the suit fabrics don't match jeans and you would look like a hobo who dresses in random clothes from Goodwill. As a solid rule, only wear a suit (i.e. matching trousers, jacket, and sometimes waistcoat) as a unit, never separate.

The suit jackets just look different, sort of 'fine' and 'formal' compared to a sportcoat. I don't like much the 'dressed up denim' 'I'm laid-back but stylish' thing but it can still work for others.

Some sportcoats are unstructured, though others are structured like a suit jacket. It's mostly the fabric. It's just less formal and matches better with jeans.

Quote: (08-02-2016 05:26 PM)newpua Wrote:  

I had a discussion with a female friend of mine recently...she said that short-sleeves shirts are totally unattractive, they look 'cheap', and so polos...only T-shirts in her eyes make a guy look interesting...or long-sleeves shirts.
What do you think? I disagree with her...

[Image: latest?cb=20110126052805]

[Image: 02AB3F8A00000514-3382328-image-a-1_1451776348399.jpg]

Fashion and Style Lounge - scrambled - 08-05-2016

White jeans are excellent as they are harder to maintain and more distinctive they are more impressive, bonus it you have darker complexion.

Ties Tucked into the shirt is not a style exactly, unless you are wearing a WWII khaki uniform. It's done to protect the tie when your jacket is off, but other than that temporary situation, Elder, never wear a tie without a Jacket unless you are handing out free books of Mormon.

Fashion and Style Lounge - Ringo - 08-08-2016

Boss light colored suits for the summer (although I'm not a fan of #2's shoes):
[Image: jude_law.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_oagjh9r_M1j1r5jwlho7_1280.jpg]

WYW? (Would You Wear?)
[Image: tumblr_oaisld7j_GQ1r5jwlho9_1280.jpg]

Fashion and Style Lounge - Leo_Decashio - 08-08-2016

Quote: (08-01-2016 08:56 AM)Ringo Wrote:  

Greats?

I've been looking at buying some Greats for a minute now, their styles look good online. Have you seen/worn them in person?

Fashion and Style Lounge - Giovonny - 08-08-2016

Dress for YOUR Sexuality!

Dress for your freedom!

Dress for your penis!

Clothes should compliment and enhance your game, they should spark curiosity and create social momentum.. In an unforced way, of course.

The hard part is making it appear effortless!

--

My style is constantly evolving and becoming more congruent with my personality.

Here's a recent pic:

[attachment=33054]

[attachment=33055]

Light wash, almost white, ripped jeans (These have a beautiful, subtle faded look to them)

Rugged wash, no button, denim pullover (slim fit)

Boots

--

This look fits my game, my vibe, my personality, etc. Its all relatively congruent!

For too many years I was a blue pill dresser, I dressed to please society.

Then, I took the red pill of fashion!

I dress to please myself!

This attracts the type of girls who share my perspective.

My Sex is rough and rugged -- My Game is rough and rugged -- My Clothes are rough and rugged

It's ALL connected!

Fashion and Style Lounge - kinnikinik - 08-08-2016

My sons and I each have a pair of Greats. Fit is great and all three are solid quality shoes. Mine didn't fit on the first go. Easily replaced them with a smaller pair and have loved them since.

Quote: (08-08-2016 04:43 PM)Leo_Decashio Wrote:  

Quote: (08-01-2016 08:56 AM)Ringo Wrote:  

Greats?

I've been looking at buying some Greats for a minute now, their styles look good online. Have you seen/worn them in person?

Fashion and Style Lounge - Vronski - 08-10-2016

^^^^

About shoes, and as a side note, France and Italy are not the only high quality shoemakers ... Alden is also a very high quality American shoemaker (in fact, it's quality-wise IMO one of the best shoemaker in the world). It is unfortunatly about 20% more expensive here in Europe than in the US (US price for a shell cordovan pair is about $700, so it hurts a bit) ...I have a pair of (black) shell cordovan Alden Chukka boots, and plan to buy this autumn a pair of shell cordovan Plain Oxford.

For those who don't really about shell Cordovan, it is a (expensive) leather coming from a small area around the rump of a horse (a single horse provides only enough cordovan for a single pair of shoes), and prized for its durability, shine and resistance to creasing. Many luxury brands only offer their cordovan shoes made-to-order, and price can go up to 2000 € (and this not for bespoke shoes).

Alden Chukka boots:

Fashion and Style Lounge - HermeticAlly - 08-10-2016

Here's the trick to short-sleeve button down shirts: the sleeves have to fit. They shouldn't be too long, and they especially shouldn't be too loose. Big, floppy sleeves is what creates the "dad-shirt" look. Here's how it should fit:

[Image: gNQJ46P.jpg?1]

Very nice shoes Vronski. I've had various goods (though not shoes) made from cordovan, it's great. I prefer calfskin (like on my chelsea boots) because it feels a bit more natural to me, and I like the patina/creasing it gets with wear over the almost mechanically precise sheen of cordovan. But if you favor dress shoes, a cordovan pair is a great addition.

Fashion and Style Lounge - scrambled - 08-15-2016

Quote:Quote:

WYW? (Would You Wear?)
[Image: tumblr_oaisld7j_GQ1r5jwlho9_1280.jpg]

"Hobo chic". Double breasted orphaned suit jacket? It's hard enough to pull of a double-breasted suit when it is worn properly with trousers, impossible without.

https://dappered.com/2014/06/4-reasons-w...-bad-idea/

Rule of style: Long/long, short/short. You generally want to have short (or rolled up) sleeves when wearing shorts. Long sleeves (even if temporarily rolled up if hot enough) with trousers.

Fashion and Style Lounge - Vienna - 08-16-2016

What are you guys getting in the jacket department this fall?

Fashion and Style Lounge - General Stalin - 09-04-2016

So I have a #FirstWorldProblem - I've been getting bigger from lifting and I've grown out of most of my wardrobe staples (dress shirts, half of my jeans, dress pants)

I've always been a cheapskate when it comes to clothes, and certain articles you can certainly get away with it, but I have learned others you certainly can't.

For example, you can go to a shoe warehouse and get sharp knockout looking footwear for ultra cheap. Nice quality too. Also you can hit up a TJ Maxx or Ross and get really nice name-brand jeans/pants and socks/underwear for a fraction of the standard retail price. You can go to a lower-end short-sale fashion outlet like H&M and get decent T-shirts and sweaters and whatnot for cheap as well.

That aside, you can NOT buy good cheap dress shirts. At least not from my experience (if someone knows of a place I'd love to know...)

I went to Ross today to snag some new pants and socks. Snagged a pair of Frontier slim fit dark blue jeans that also have some stretch to them, and a shitload of Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein socks as well as a pack of puma socks for working out. Also snagged a nice looking pair of Perry Ellis boots:

[Image: new-perry-ellis-men-s-manning-boots-blac...eec3f8.jpg]

they had some nice looking dress shirts (in the package) and I am in desperate need so I grabbed a few of them too.

Everything is great except all the dress shirts are trash. Got all larges. Tight on the shoulders and fit like a trash bag everywhere else. Bought all large "slim fit." Cheap thin ass uncomfortable material too. I also have bought dress shirts from H&M with better results but still not that great.

Would love some good suggestions on where to grab good fitting, good quality dress shirts.

Fashion and Style Lounge - Huey - 09-04-2016

As a rule of thumb, don't buy any dress shirt for less than $30 at H&M. Stick to their premium cotton line, which is usually around $40-50. Anything less than that and you're getting a shirt that lasts 3-4 months tops. If you're looking for good fitting, good quality dress shirts, check out J.Crew and Banana Republic

Fashion and Style Lounge - DRE - 09-05-2016

CTShirts.com is where I get my dress shirts. I wait until I can find a 3 for $99 deal. Great quality for the price. Though I have never ordered from them, many tout the Spier & Mackay MTM shirts. A bit more expensive but pricing is CAD so a bit cheaper for people in the US.

Fashion and Style Lounge - Gorgiass - 09-07-2016

Quote: (09-04-2016 06:35 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Would love some good suggestions on where to grab good fitting, good quality dress shirts.

I was meaning to give a shoutout to Hugo Boss shirts. Agree that size creep is everywhere, for most brands the "slim fit" would've been "classic" 15 years ago. I also have a broad chest and shoulders and these shirts fit me better than most anything else I've tried. Slim fit -

More mixed on this one, especially at the $75 tag, but the cotton was treated and woven in a way that it felt very soft and stretched for a tight fit. The second a woman touches you she'll know you didn't get it at Express. Nice print as well I thought, although a bit too much black. I see it filling a niche.

In the pics I'm also wearing 7 for all Mankind selvedge denim with 6% poly and 2% spandex, "slimmy" cut - $75 at TJ Maxx and woven leather Cole Haans ~$100 on Ebay. I think they've been discontinued unfortunately, love those shoes.

Side note- oftentimes I'm trying on clothing that fits well I'll take a pic like these to text to a woman and spike some interest "Should I get it?". Usually one I've banged already but would probably work for ones in progress. Can be recycled down the road too as long as you edit the date (on a computer) and file name if that is the date/time as with most Androids.

Fashion and Style Lounge - Comte De St. Germain - 09-07-2016

General style tip for all, but light blue jean jackets are in

The model is bad, but one of these

[Image: pepe-jeans-pepe-denim-jacket-legend-slim...-14914.jpg]

and put on a collared shirt with 3 buttons unbuttoned and you'll outclass a lot of people in terms of casual.

Especially with some nice kicks

Snakeskin being something to stand out with

[Image: GRIMENTIN-fashion-italy-luxury-casual-me...ther-b.jpg]