Roosh V Forum
Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Rap/Hip-Hop Thread (/thread-52045.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Brian Shima - 09-18-2016

LOL these old ass rappers are still putting out harder shit than 99% of these new swag fags..

25 year old song and still better than all the new doo doo

Scarface has not been mentioned in this thread for new rap haha..2015 release

C bo in 2016..

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - coverdoc - 09-18-2016

Okay guys finally gave The Sun's tirade a thorough listen. Been on repeat for a week. It's definitely a solid album. I'd rate it 8/10. Cilvia Demo was 8-8.5/10 for me.

Bangers: Dressed Like Rappers, AA, Find a topic(homie begged), Free lunch, Wat's Wrong(Kendrick verse is fire),

On second thought I'd say this album is better simply because he has more bangers on this. If you're really into that dark chill rap this is for you. I like how each TDE member fills their own niche. Kendrick for the conscious/wanting bar fans, ab soul for the alternative conscious(aliens and shit) smoke pot and think of the moon fans, Jay rock for the straight hood fans, Schoolboy for the chill trap music fans and now Isaiah rashad for the alternative chill hiphop fans.

I'll play TST on repeat for a few more days then on to Travis Scott!!!

-CD

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - GoldHawkStar - 09-18-2016

New Juicy J mixtape tomorrow! 12pm EST #MustBeNice

This man is on fire. Three mixtapes last year, this'll make two so far this year.

Stay Trippy still one of my favorite rap albums.

Let's see what this one has in store.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - the chef - 09-21-2016

Saw Travis at a club performance last night. This kid is phenomenal! Almost as if he's possessed by some outer worldly force. He turned that venue upside down.

I've seen him twice in concert and his shows are unreal. Possibly the best performances that I've ever experienced in terms of energy and passion. When he gets up there to perform he's on some insane punk rock shit but the music just gets everyone moving.... jumping, dancing, bouncing, moshing. I've seen tons of the "greats" perform, but Travis is probably the best hip hop artist out of the bunch.

When you leave a Travis Scott performance you leave knowing that he gave 100% of his soul to the fans. I've seen legends perform and have been totally turned off by their shitty effort. I think when you listen to Travis' music you buy into the whole aesthetic, the raspy ass voice, the booming 808s, the Satanic music videos (from DBR), and the ground shaking performances. It's something that hip hop purists can't appreciate because they're stuck in their formulaic approach to music (beat + lyrics = rap).

This kid is on some punk rock, meets dark magic, meets post slabs and candy paint era Houston. He really has a strong grip on the pulse of the youth movement and I have no problem with it whatsoever.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - the chef - 09-21-2016

Oh yeah, I also met Yes Julz last night too. She gets a bad rep for being labelled as a "talentless" social media ~diva~ - and that might be true, but she's legitimately cool as fuck. I was around her for enough to smell no sense of fakeness. It's funny to see how all the dumb hoes she inspires are basura, but she was a pleasure to be around!

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - monerap - 09-21-2016

Denzel Curry has some good songs. You should listen ULT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8VO4Rm3ulw

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Le Siamois - 09-22-2016

Denzel is the fucking SHIT. Saw him at a festival this summer, the energy was mental.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - RiskIt4Biscuit - 09-22-2016

If you`re still sleeping on Danny Brown you are about to smell the indonesia in about a week when the new album drops.
You`ll love him for his ODB-esque style regardless, but if you`re really into rap music, this dude makes songs other rappers dont. Picks beats other rappers dont. Does not jump on trends like other rappers do.
Slowly moved into my modern day top 5 with the last release, i think he`ll hit his prime on the next one

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - the chef - 09-22-2016

Danny Brown is a cool cat.

I saw him at a Fools Gold show during SXSW in 2013 and he had hella ratchet bitches around him. I was smoking a joint with my friend at the back of the venue and offered it to Danny but he said "nah nigga I only smoke blunts HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE". That niggas laugh is jokes.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - the chef - 09-23-2016

"these old niggas suck"

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - GoldHawkStar - 09-23-2016

All you guys talking about Denzel Curry reminded me of this. Gotta watch it if you haven't already.

And Uzi and Yachty need a joint mixtape, let alone a track together.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Le Siamois - 10-02-2016

New Danny Brown album is fucking bananas.

If you like your hip hop experimental, abstract and weird, this shit is for you.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - coverdoc - 10-02-2016

New T.S was good, will give it a 7-8/10. Just as good as rodeo, and still with the dark undertones I love..
Favorite tracks are:
Beibs in the trap,
Goosebumps (fucking amazing) -Kendricks verse was flames!
and
first half of Way back(best song on album). Highly recommend this album.

Just downloaded the new Danny Brown, Mick Jenkins and Dj Mustard(he has some bangers once in awhile). Will report back after checking these out.

-CD

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Le Siamois - 10-02-2016

Yeah Goosebumps is definitely a highlight, Cardo's beats + a Kendrick verse is always a win!

The new Mick Jenkins album has some nice songs but I'll have to give it a few more listens, been bumping Spread Love for weeks tho that song gets me every time.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Huey - 10-02-2016

Listening to Atrocity Exhibition like

[Image: giphy.gif]

They sleeping on my boy Danny!

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - brick tamland - 10-05-2016

^ This

[Image: attachment.jpg33727]   

A very good album. The way Danny translates moods and states of mind into music is just superb.
My favourites so far are 'from the ground' and 'get hi' and also 'white lines' which is a ridiculous, mind-bending track.

Hoping to hear more from Danny.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - ShotgunUppercuts - 10-06-2016

How do you post videos?

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - ShotgunUppercuts - 10-07-2016

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2S5PwkNOn2s

Anyone heard of ka? Or roc Marciano

This is a song of Ka's latest album "honor killed the samurai"

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - LordMayorMuffSniff - 10-10-2016

So BET put up their 2016 cyphers on Youtube a couple of days ago, 3 years on and I swear nothing comes close to TDE

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - ShotgunUppercuts - 10-10-2016

I like the 2012 chyper that's what really drew me into lyrical hip hop.

I really don't know what the hell is goin on with this abc rhyme crap my peers like today.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - They Call Me Mister Tony - 10-10-2016

I'm a huge fan of West Coast rap music, especially artists such as DJ Quik and Mr. Criminal. This is DJ Quik's son, who, IMO is gonna follow in his father's footsteps pretty well.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Huey - 10-15-2016

You guys listened to Gucci's Woptober yet? Nothing but bangers.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - coverdoc - 10-15-2016

Quote: (10-15-2016 07:48 PM)Huey Wrote:  

You guys listened to Gucci's Woptober yet? Nothing but bangers.

Downloaded it, but was disappointed that it didn't have Gucci's track with Travis Scott - Last time, will check it out after my exam.

Now don't kill me guys, but I did not really like Danny Brown's latest album. It sounded like uncoordinated tunes to me. I only gave it one quick pass through, so i'll give it another run and come back with a final solid breakdown.

-CD

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Huey - 10-15-2016

Quote: (10-15-2016 09:13 PM)coverdoc Wrote:  

Now don't kill me guys, but I did not really like Danny Brown's latest album. It sounded like uncoordinated tunes to me. I only gave it one quick pass through, so i'll give it another run and come back with a final solid breakdown.

-CD
[Image: giphy.gif]

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - coverdoc - 10-18-2016

Yo I think it's better instead of full albums recommendations we post our favorite songs from said album. This would be easier and less time consuming to see if it's an album we want to buy/download.

Anyway, Travis scott new song is flames flames flames.

-CD