Roosh V Forum
Major League Baseball Thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Major League Baseball Thread (/thread-25081.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Major League Baseball Thread - Gustavus Adolphus - 11-02-2016

[Image: gMVFGY4.gif]

Major League Baseball Thread - MiscBrah - 11-02-2016

Heyward fucking sucks, what a disappointment

Major League Baseball Thread - RexImperator - 11-02-2016

It's happening...

Major League Baseball Thread - Paracelsus - 11-02-2016

HOLY SHIT ONE TO GO

Major League Baseball Thread - Bear Hands - 11-02-2016

Quote: (11-02-2016 11:28 PM)Chowder Head Wrote:  

I called my mom to see if she is watching the game. She says "Do you see this Indians pitcher(closer Shaw)? How is he playing with a body like that?" FUnny! He does have a dad bod. And he just lost the Indians the game.

Cody Allen is the Indians closer. He was used earlier and ran out of steam from overuse. The postseason makes strange things happen. Pitchers often carry some extra weight, and they're still likely to be the most fit guys on the team underneath the fat. Baseball is big on baseball-specific strength training these days instead of all-around fitness. The biggest guys aren't the strongest hitters anymore, and the game is starting to value speed again.

Quote: (11-02-2016 11:34 PM)MiscBrah Wrote:  

So glad the Nats didn't sign him. He only plays well with a contract on the line.

Major League Baseball Thread - Serious Sam - 11-02-2016

As a Braves fan, I was sad to see him go at first. I don't miss him so much anymore.

Major League Baseball Thread - Chowder Head - 11-02-2016

Quote: (11-02-2016 11:43 PM)Bear Hands Wrote:  

Quote: (11-02-2016 11:28 PM)Chowder Head Wrote:  

I called my mom to see if she is watching the game. She says "Do you see this Indians pitcher(closer Shaw)? How is he playing with a body like that?" FUnny! He does have a dad bod. And he just lost the Indians the game.

Cody Allen is the Indians closer. He was used earlier and ran out of steam from overuse. The postseason makes strange things happen. Pitchers often carry some extra weight, and they're still likely to be the most fit guys on the team underneath the fat. Baseball is big on baseball-specific strength training these days instead of all-around fitness. The biggest guys aren't the strongest hitters anymore, and the game is starting to value speed again.

So glad the Nats didn't sign him. He only plays well with a contract on the line.

Shaw was the guy she was talking about. He was closing this game. Allen pitched earlier.

I got to admit -- these 2 teams got a lot of heart.

Edit: DAMN IT! They won.

Major League Baseball Thread - RoastBeefCurtains4Me - 11-02-2016

[Image: dead-goat.jpg]

The curse is broken!

Major League Baseball Thread - Slim Shady - 11-02-2016

It happened!

Major League Baseball Thread - Bear Hands - 11-02-2016

Quote: (11-02-2016 11:47 PM)Chowder Head Wrote:  

Shaw was the guy she was talking about. He was closing this game. Allen pitched earlier.

I got to admit -- these 2 teams got a lot of heart.

Edit: DAMN IT! They won.

I know, I'm saying Shaw isn't the closer. He's a regular reliever forced into the closer role by unusual post season situations. The Indians would not have hinged things on him if they had a choice, but Allen was already done.

Congrats to the Cubs. Fuck their insufferable fans, this will be worse than after Boston broke their streak.

Major League Baseball Thread - Chowder Head - 11-03-2016

I'm curious to see the rating on this game 7. I hope its high -- I love baseball.

Major League Baseball Thread - doc holliday - 11-03-2016

Quote: (11-03-2016 12:14 AM)Chowder Head Wrote:  

I'm curious to see the rating on this game 7. I hope its high -- I love baseball.

I think the ratings will be through the roof. This wasn't just a sports event, it was a history making event. Just like next Tuesday will be [Image: banana.gif]

Major League Baseball Thread - beta_plus - 11-03-2016

Go Cubs Go!
Go Cubs Go!
HEY CHICAGO WHAT DO YOU SAY?
THE CUBS JUST WENT ALL THE WAY!!!

Major League Baseball Thread - beta_plus - 11-03-2016

Wednesday We Went All The Way,
Yeah Wednesday We Went All The Way,
Yeah Wednesday With Rain Delay!!!!

Full Disclosure, I'm a DC Native but so happy for Chicago!

But I do feel bad that it had to be against the Indians. Would have much preferred the Yankees.

Major League Baseball Thread - dark_g - 11-03-2016

The best part about the game was, I didn't have to watch LeBron celebrate!

Major League Baseball Thread - MdWanderer - 11-03-2016

Quote: (11-03-2016 01:22 AM)beta_plus Wrote:  

Full Disclosure, I'm a DC Native but so happy for Chicago!

Oddly enough, even with the Cubs' victory, the city of D.C has had the longest World Series Championship drought since 2005, when the White Sox won it. Their last championship was in 1924 with the Senators:

[Image: 1924Senators.jpg]

The Nats are my second favorite team after the Orioles, and I thought that they were gonna get past L.A and face Chicago in the NLCS.

Major League Baseball Thread - Gustavus Adolphus - 11-03-2016

Major League Baseball Thread - brick tamland - 04-27-2017

I'm not a baseball fanboy as it's a marginal sport in my side of the world. But a piece of history was made on 26 April.
Gift Ngoepe of the Pirates became the first African-born player to play in the MLB. He's South African.
From the little I've seen he's basically pulled himself up to the pros by sheer will and hard work. He's from a single parent, lower income home. His odds were nearly zero. Baseball is basically unheard of in South Africa and there's no pro league.

Major League Baseball Thread - Vill@in - 04-27-2017

My Royals are awful. They need to pull their heads out of their asses.

Anyone want Hoz for some pitching prospects?

Major League Baseball Thread - Stirfry - 04-27-2017

Quote: (04-27-2017 09:03 AM)Vill@in Wrote:  

I hear the Mets are interested in Mike Moustakas, to alleviate some of their third base woes. I bet they have some pitching prospects to deal.

Major League Baseball Thread - They Call Me Mister Tony - 04-27-2017

Quote: (04-27-2017 09:03 AM)Vill@in Wrote:  

I wonder if the sudden passing of Yordano "Ace" Ventura had some kind of effect. It's not like the Royals to start off this poorly.

Major League Baseball Thread - Stirfry - 06-12-2017

Any Nats fans willing to start up the MLB discussion again? Maybe we can commiserate over a drink while we try to figure out what the hell to do about the bullpen.

Major League Baseball Thread - Only One Man - 06-12-2017

Quote: (06-12-2017 09:30 AM)Stirfry Wrote:  

Any Nats fans willing to start up the MLB discussion again? Maybe we can commiserate over a drink while we try to figure out what the hell to do about the bullpen.

Rockies fan here. You guys can take Jordan Lyles off our hands for free if you'd like! Also you guys whooped our asses in April but your team waa white hot at the time. I can't wait until we go to your place in August.

Major League Baseball Thread - Chunnel - 06-12-2017

MLB Draft 1st Round was/is tonight

Top 5
1. Twins- Royce Lewis, SS/OF
2. Reds- Hunter Greene, RHP/SS
3. Padres- MacKenzie Gore, LHP
4. Rays- Brendan McKay, 1B/LHP (Louisville)
5. Braves- Kyle Wright, RHP (Vanderbilt)

Rays seem to want to make McKay a 1B. Lots of teams had McKay as their #1 college arm too. Just speaks to the his special talent. Easy power watching him swing the bat.

Off-topic, could you trust a man (or his parents for that matter) named MacKenzie???

Major League Baseball Thread - Stirfry - 06-13-2017

Quote: (06-12-2017 05:20 PM)Only One Man Wrote:  

Quote: (06-12-2017 09:30 AM)Stirfry Wrote:  

Rockies fan here. You guys can take Jordan Lyles off our hands for free if you'd like! Also you guys whooped our asses in April but your team waa white hot at the time. I can't wait until we go to your place in August.

Nats bullpen blew yet ANOTHER one last night [Image: dodgy.gif]. They will likely win the division but there's no way they are getting past teams like the Rockies without fixing this.

You guys have a really nice team this year, aside from a few bad performances (which every team has), and I think the GM should get some credit. Good drafting, good player development, and a few lucky free agent signings (Greg Holland comes to mind) do wonders for any team, but not only that, the Rockies made some timely trades. It's one thing to sign a free agent, but it's quite another to trade a guy/ not re-sign him even when he's still good, just to get some value (or, to avoid paying a hefty free-agent contract). Troy Tulowitzki proves the old adage "I'd rather trade a guy a year too early than a year too late."