Roosh V Forum
The Los Angeles thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Los Angeles thread (/thread-16165.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

The Los Angeles thread - Basil Ransom - 03-25-2013

Another thing about LA girls, continuing what I said: they have this strange passive attitude towards sex. It's like they are so busy enjoying other things, like the beach, cocaine, drinking, working, shopping, DINING OUT, that making any effort or room for fucking just comes off as a little bizarre to them. Like, "why are guys always hitting on me? Don't they have something better to do?" Chicks in this city rarely go out hungry for dick. Out of all the bars I've been to here, there's only a handful where it feels like girls go there to fuck. Everywhere else, they're with platonic boyfriends who do that pathetic thing where they grind their ass on her crotch. I guess the game here is to wait around for the blue moon when that girl decides she wants to fuck, and then you slide into a relationship.

Day game, schmay game, even during the day a lot of girls will see you and your approaches as fundamentally disposable - often, they will not bat an eye at your approach at the newsstand, or the farmer's market. Like someone said, when numbers are so flaky and you dont have the option of a one night stand, you kind of lose the motivation to do it. I do have a great setup for that, if I put some effort into it.

The Los Angeles thread - MrXY - 03-25-2013

Quote: (03-25-2013 03:58 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (03-25-2013 03:47 PM)MrXY Wrote:  

Quote: (03-25-2013 03:23 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (03-25-2013 02:57 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (03-25-2013 02:13 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

When you're doing it right here this is what the back yard looks like..

Looks exactly like Newport Beach.

At a fraction of the cost no doubt.

What does a crib like that run El Mech?
Depends where it is but on the low 120k or a grand a month rent.

I've been thinking a lot about moving to the Tampa Bay area.........
Here just to get an idea..
http://www.gulfharborshomes.com/rentalvi...ist_mode=3

Now, those prices are a little high if you poke around it's cheaper. I'm talking deep water canal with gulf access. You're not going to find prices like that on Miami beach though..

Damn,some of those places are really decent and not outrageous in price at all.And right on the water. Thanks- I need to look into a move some more.

The Los Angeles thread - StudebacherHoch - 03-25-2013

Quote: (03-25-2013 04:59 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Another thing about LA girls, continuing what I said: they have this strange passive attitude towards sex. It's like they are so busy enjoying other things, like the beach, cocaine, drinking, working, shopping, DINING OUT, that making any effort or room for fucking just comes off as a little bizarre to them. Like, "why are guys always hitting on me? Don't they have something better to do?" Chicks in this city rarely go out hungry for dick. Out of all the bars I've been to here, there's only a handful where it feels like girls go there to fuck. Everywhere else, they're with platonic boyfriends who do that pathetic thing where they grind their ass on her crotch. I guess the game here is to wait around for the blue moon when that girl decides she wants to fuck, and then you slide into a relationship.

Day game, schmay game, even during the day a lot of girls will see you and your approaches as fundamentally disposable - often, they will not bat an eye at your approach at the newsstand, or the farmer's market. Like someone said, when numbers are so flaky and you dont have the option of a one night stand, you kind of lose the motivation to do it. I do have a great setup for that, if I put some effort into it.

TOTALLY agree!

The Los Angeles thread - thegmanifesto - 03-25-2013

Most of the coolest cats I know in LA, OC and SD are serial relationship cats.

They date a super hot girl, maybe cheat on her with varying quality, then break up, then start the cycle again.

This is very Southern California.

There are exceptions to the rule, but this is very common.

Quote: (03-25-2013 05:07 PM)MrXY Wrote:  

Damn,some of those places are really decent and not outrageous in price at all.And right on the water. Thanks- I need to look into a move some more.

They are like 1/10 to 1/20 of the price in California.

The Los Angeles thread - StudebacherHoch - 03-25-2013

Quote: (03-25-2013 05:11 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

They date a super hot girl, maybe cheat on her with varying quality, then break up, then start the cycle again.

Tell it like it is, G! I've just slid into yet another "serial relationship" because LA is so logistically fucked-up...gaming can sometimes seem like a huge chore in this Burg!

The Los Angeles thread - CJ_W - 03-25-2013

Quote: (03-25-2013 04:56 PM)DVY Wrote:  

@speakeasy- San Francisco is my favorite city.

Vegas is dope, but yes quality deteriorates quickly after you leave the strip. The redeeming factor is high quality of life for low prices (comped clubs, rooms, alcohol, local hookups) and low rent prices / 0% state tax.

Tahoe during the summer/winter is dope. Lots of Peruvians, Argentinians, and Brazilians working at the resorts here.

Can you elaborate more on SF? Ive been there a few times, loved it, but heard it was really expensive to live there.

Quote: (03-25-2013 05:17 PM)StudebacherHoch Wrote:  

Tell it like it is, G! I've just slid into yet another "serial relationship" because LA is so logistically fucked-up...gaming can sometimes seem like a huge chore in this Burg!

I have friend that would date a hot girl for 6 months or longer (sometimes a year or two), break up, and literally by the end of the weekend, start dating another hot girl.

I don't think I ever saw a guy go more than a week single.

And I have know him for 20 years.

This is not unusual in the Southern California Metroplex.

I would go as far to say as this is more the rule than the exception of my friends in California.

I see these relationships, and they look pretty loveless. The guy is there to bust a nut and have some female company, and she keeps him around because he completes her lifestyle checklist, of friends, family, career, home, car, education, man. The man is reduced to an accessory to her dream life. Not unique to LA by any means, but it seems especially elevated here.

That said, a lot of 'social circle' couples look like that to me. Find five girls and five guys in a social circle, and it's impossible to predict who is dating who, because they're all so interchangeable. There's no sense of chemistry or 'a great match,' just they were both available and near each other.

Quote: (03-25-2013 05:27 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I had a friend that would date a hot girl for 6 months or longer (sometimes a year or two), break up, and literally by the end of the weekend, start dating another hot girl.

I don't think I ever saw a guy go more than a week single.

And I have know him for 20 years.

This is not unusual in the Southern California Metroplex.

I would go as far to say as this is more the rule than the exception of my friends in California.

I think that's far more common among hot women. The term of art is 'monkey branching' - she doesn't let go of one shaft 'til she's already got her hands on the next one.

Quote: (03-25-2013 05:29 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

I see these relationships, and they look pretty loveless. The guy is there to bust a nut and have some female company, and she keeps him around because he completes her lifestyle checklist, of friends, family, career, home, car, education, man. The man is reduced to an accessory to her dream life. Not unique to LA by any means, but it seems especially elevated here.

That said, a lot of 'social circle' couples look like that to me. Find five girls and five guys in a social circle, and it's impossible to predict who is dating who, because they're all so interchangeable. There's no sense of chemistry or 'a great match,' just they were both available and near each other.

This is very common in "upper class" (ie wealthier neighborhoods) Southern California.

Newport Beach guy dates Malibu girl.

La Jolla guy dates Laguna Beach girl.

Beverly Hills guy dates Newport Beach girl.

Met at college, or have common friends from college.

The Los Angeles thread - IntlGamer - 03-25-2013

*I don't live in LA but I did before for a few years and I visit once in a while so these are just some outsider impressions.

I agree with a lot of what Basil is writing.

Santa Monica is all about social circle. If you go into any bar in Santa Monica it will be filled with ex-UCLA frat and sorority people turned yuppies. These people never developed friendships outside their bubble. The ex-USC frat/sorority people-turned-yuppies move to South Bay and have the same dynamic. These circles just bang within the circle and only accept new people into the circle if they are exact replicas of themselves and are introduced by a circle member. I honestly feel that these circles are so tightly knit and have such a strict standard of appearance that if Olivia Munn or some other super hot ethnic girl tried getting in, she would be overlooked for some average tubby looking ex-sorority white girl in the circle. They just basically never outgrew the frat scene.

Hollywood on a weekend night is just a rag tag gathering of people from all over Southern California. It's getting trashy to be honest. But you can have a good time. It's really hit or miss. Actually there are lots of hot Latinas walking around.

West Hollywood and Culver City and South Bay I don't have experience don't know.

LA, esp Santa Monica, would be a cool city if you have a girlfriend or are married already, but not as a single middle-class guy. If you're already with a girl you love, there are a lot of cool hangouts, shows, restaurants, beaches, hikes etc to enjoy together. Although I wouldn't want to raise kids in LA I can't imagine them coming out normal. Everyone I met who was raised in LA is weird and jaded with life by 15. But I also feel like LA is not a family city, everyone is just single and swank and hip, but lonely and depressed deep down.

If you want to see what a Crossroads/ Brentwood prep/ Pali reunion feels like, just hang out at The Victorian, The Basement Tavern, Bungalow. Like G and I alluded to, this is very typical for upper middle class white kids, especially in Manhattan and Hermosa beach.

Yeah, South Bay is full of USC people and very cookie cutter. Santa Monica is less cookie cutter. People also network heavily through their work associates. If you work in alcohol distribution, you will be surrounded by hot reps.

I always say, players thrive on chaos, on instability. The less local roots she has, the easier it is to bang her. Odds of banging an 8 who's new to town with no friends > banging a 6 with a strong circle.

Intlgamer, personally, I don't feel you have to be exactly the same to get in. But you do have to have someone get you in. And you will probably be bored out of your mind every moment you aren't macking, if you aren't like them. So being different and surviving in that scene can be difficult.

The Los Angeles thread - kenny_powers - 03-25-2013

Quote: (03-25-2013 06:07 PM)IntlGamer Wrote:  

LA, esp Santa Monica, would be a cool city if you have a girlfriend or are married already, but not as a single middle-class guy. If you're already with a girl you love, there are a lot of cool hangouts, shows, restaurants, beaches, hikes etc to enjoy together. Although I wouldn't want to raise kids in LA I can't imagine them coming out normal. Everyone I met who was raised in LA is weird and jaded with life by 15. But I also feel like LA is not a family city, everyone is just single and swank and hip, but lonely and depressed deep down.

[Image: huh.gif]

sure you are on the right forum?

The Los Angeles thread - MikeCF - 03-25-2013

That's what I meant by how my tone is different from basil's. He talks like he never gets laid. I had a great ride. It's just that now LA is too much work for what you get.

LA is no longer worth it from a cost point of view but it's still a great place to get laid and tighten your game.

"If you can get laid in LA, you can get laid anywhere."

The Los Angeles thread - speakeasy - 03-25-2013

Another thing about LA girls, continuing what I said: they have this strange passive attitude towards sex. It's like they are so busy enjoying other things, like the beach, cocaine, drinking, working, shopping, DINING OUT, that making any effort or room for fucking just comes off as a little bizarre to them. Like, "why are guys always hitting on me? Don't they have something better to do?" Chicks in this city rarely go out hungry for dick.

Simply put, it's two things :

1) Abundance mentality

In combination with,

2) Naturally lower sex drive than men.

The Los Angeles thread - booshala - 03-25-2013

Damn, you guys really hate living in LA! :o I travel to NYC and ATL about 8x a year, and overseas twice annually, so I definitely see the reason for the gripes - a lot of them justified - but I've always found workarounds to a lot of these issues:

- 2am last call: tons of places in Hollywood and Ktown that are after-hours joints. I can count at least ten instances where I had a girl on the fence and those last two drinks at after-hours and escalating there sealed the deal.
- Traffic: There's really no getting around this completely, but Sigalert/Google Maps is your best friend. Also, out of necessity, I've gotten pretty good at traveling through surface streets instead of the 10, the 405 and the 101.
- DUI's: Private taxis that drive you in your own car home... then they get one of their coworkers to pick them up from your place. Depending on distance, this can be anywhere from $20 to $80 if you live way out in Orange County or Valencia. Way cheaper than a DUI, and I know I've saved myself thousands of dollars and potential injuries. I also use "Lyft" which is essentially a ride-sharing type of app that costs 1/2 as much as taxis.
- Taxes: Much like traffic, you can't totally avoid the state income taxes, especially if you make decent scratch... but I've learned to really limit my tax burden every year offsetting my W2 income with aggressive but valid business expenses from blogs, consulting and online projects. I realize that you can do this anywhere, but I think the high tax rate really lights a fire under my feet to find those deductions and think creatively about minimizing my tax burden.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I still like living in LA. It's got the best ethnic food in the nation (NYC and Chicago blow it out of the water when it comes to European/American cuisine), great access to beach/mountains/desert/Vegas (traffic notwithstanding) a shit ton of different people and girls from a wide variety of backgrounds. Granted, they're going to probably get ruined within a year or two, but they're still coming in by the truck full.

Not overtly trying to be an LA apologist, I'm just saying that there are ways to deal with the bullshit.

The Los Angeles thread - poutsara - 03-26-2013

Everyone I met who was raised in LA is weird and jaded with life by 15. But I also feel like LA is not a family city, everyone is just single and swank and hip, but lonely and depressed deep down.

sounds pretty bad!

Quote: (03-25-2013 02:13 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

When you're doing it right here this is what the back yard looks like..

where is that?

interesting.

The Los Angeles thread - thegmanifesto - 03-26-2013

Quote: (03-25-2013 11:40 PM)booshala Wrote:  

It's got the best ethnic food in the nation (NYC and Chicago blow it out of the water when it comes to European/American cuisine), great access to beach/mountains/desert/Vegas (traffic notwithstanding) a shit ton of different people and girls from a wide variety of backgrounds. Granted, they're going to probably get ruined within a year or two, but they're still coming in by the truck full.

Anytime someone defends LA, they always say the same thing.

If someone is considering an LA move, ask yourself two questions:

How important is it too you to eat a f*cking noodle dish?

Are you going go drive 5 hours to go f*cking rock climbing 3 days a week?

If those two things are at the top of your list, LA may be right for you.

--

I am not sure I buy this statement "It's got the best ethnic food in the nation" either.

I mean, hell, San Diego Mex dominates LA Mex. And there is better Mex than San Diego Mex.

Quote: (03-26-2013 01:23 AM)poutsara Wrote:  

Quote: (03-25-2013 05:27 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Good points. The alternative is to handle a group of girls as a harem / stealth harem. The crap logistics of LA make it easy to keep girls in locations far enough apart to make it unlikely you will ever run into one while you are with another. And also unlikely she will get through the freeways in time to catch you with another one!

That is a positive.

It is harder to get caught in LA when you are swooping mass amounts of girls.

The Los Angeles thread - IntlGamer - 03-26-2013

Quote: (03-26-2013 01:18 AM)poutsara Wrote:  

Everyone I met who was raised in LA is weird and jaded with life by 15. But I also feel like LA is not a family city, everyone is just single and swank and hip, but lonely and depressed deep down.

I can see why you would think this, but a lot of people who grew up in LA are not jaded or weird. For example me. I grew up in a lower-middle class, very "ethnic" neighborhood, so perhaps that's why. These neighborhoods are no different than anywhere else. It's the people that make the neighborhoods. And most of these people don't have the cash to waste. Not everyone here is trying to "get into acting." Most people born here aren't jerking around at the Bungalow or in West Hollywood. Most of those people are from elsewhere. Just to clarify. I'm not criticizing your comment though, I can see where LA people who go out a lot are definitely weird, but it's not the whole city.

I agree I should've made a better distinction. Usually ethnic neighborhoods like "China towns" and "Korea towns" and Mexican niches are similar no matter where they are in the country, although with little differences because of differing environments. My comment was an outsider perspective on the stereotypical LA scene. Usually when I visit I go to the touristy or mainstream type places (like Santa Monica, South Bay, Hollywood) rather than the niche ethnic areas. So the rich white kids and even some rich "persians" i met are like that.

LA does have some really good ethnic restaurants and even really good all-American burger places, but of course they are all a far drive from each other!

The Los Angeles thread - Drazen - 03-26-2013

Quote: (03-26-2013 07:11 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

The thing in LA, that you can't get in smaller cities...is you can do something uniquely different every night for 2 weeks+. From different restaurants, to hanging at the beach, to going to some live music around town, to different bars, live sporting events, festivals and the proximity to very unique weekend jaunts out of town...LA is a VERY hard city to get bored in. There are so many unique areas/neighborhoods, the abundance of options here is only helped by how spread out it is.

Quality of life is nice here because its the opposite of suburbia hell. And in greater quantity. Wheras in Miami or some place like that, once you're out of the small 4-5 mile radius of great nightlife, there isn't much there except hellish suburbia...there are only a handful of cities in the US like this where its so diversified,

Sure, I'm sure some medium sized in Ohio is great or hell..Miami for exmaple...for a night or two. Then you start repeating the same places to see, places to hang and see the same people over and over again. I mean how many times can you go to the same 2-3 general areas over and over, week after week before eventually being bored and deciding to hang at home?

The women are crazy, but the good thing is a lot of them know "the deal", meaning this isn't a place to wife up. Being single at any age here isn't strange at all, its expected.

Basically, its impossible to get stir crazy in LA.

The Los Angeles thread - thegmanifesto - 03-26-2013

Quote: (03-26-2013 12:06 PM)PartyonBro Wrote:  

Quote: (03-26-2013 07:11 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

The thing in LA, that you can't get in smaller cities...is you can do something uniquely different every night for 2 weeks+. From different restaurants, to hanging at the beach, to going to some live music around town, to different bars, live sporting events, festivals and the proximity to very unique weekend jaunts out of town...LA is a VERY hard city to get bored in. There are so many unique areas/neighborhoods, the abundance of options here is only helped by how spread out it is.

Quality of life is nice here because its the opposite of suburbia hell. And in greater quantity. Wheras in Miami or some place like that, once you're out of the small 4-5 mile radius of great nightlife, there isn't much there except hellish suburbia...there are only a handful of cities in the US like this where its so diversified,

Sure, I'm sure some medium sized in Ohio is great or hell..Miami for exmaple...for a night or two. Then you start repeating the same places to see, places to hang and see the same people over and over again. I mean how many times can you go to the same 2-3 general areas over and over, week after week before eventually being bored and deciding to hang at home?

The women are crazy, but the good thing is a lot of them know "the deal", meaning this isn't a place to wife up. Being single at any age here isn't strange at all, its expected.

Basically, its impossible to get stir crazy in LA.

You made a valid point.

Except this part:

Quote:Quote:

Have you been to Brickell?

How many nights have you spent in Midtown?

Design District?

Wynwood?

Mid Beach?

Coral Gables?

Fort Lauderdale (which would still be considered LA if it was LA)?

The Los Angeles thread - slubu - 03-26-2013

Actually I'll tell you the best part of living in LA. It's when I travel overseas and I tell a foreign girl I'm from Los Angeles, her eyes brighten, her jaws drop, her friends gather and they exclaim "Ohhhh! You're from Los Angeles!" I smile and my inner monologue always begins with the same thought, that you stupid sexy cute little girl, how I simultaneously envy and plan to exploit your ignorance.

The Los Angeles thread - kenny_powers - 03-26-2013

Quote: (03-26-2013 01:19 PM)slubu Wrote:  

Actually I'll tell you the best part of living in LA. It's when I travel overseas and I tell a foreign girl I'm from Los Angeles, her eyes brighten, her jaws drop, her friends gather and they exclaim "Ohhhh! You're from Los Angeles!" I smile and my inner monologue always begins with the same thought, that you stupid sexy cute little girl, how I simultaneously envy and plan to exploit your ignorance.

You can tell them that no matter where you live.