rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gringos Buscando Sexo en Colombia

pt 1.

http://www.caracoltv.com/producciones/in...o-el-mundo

pt 2.

http://www.caracoltv.com/producciones/in...exoturismo

Dead links.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (01-21-2012 05:45 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Dead links.

Try now

This should not come to a surprise to the forum. I've been constantly posting that gringos (anglo foreigners) are no longer considered "high-status" for local girls. Colombian women, especially in the cities of Medellin, Cali, Cartagena, Pereira and Cucuta see any white, non-spanish speaking foreigner as a "sex tourist". The same exact way that girls see foreigners in latvia, or Ukraine as sex tourists.

It's gotten so bad in Medellin, that I even see Puerto Rican and Italian men scavenging the streets. All of this of course is for paid prostitutes. These guys do not go to Colombia to "game" women, they only go for 2 weeks trips, no language skills in Spanish, and their time is limited. So, they immediately start going to strip clubs and chasing hookers exclusively.

The problem is that local high-status, or non-pro women start to label ALL foreigners as sex tourists. It is then a mission for you to prove that you are not, which of course requires you to speak moderate Spanish, have local Colombian friends and have believable reasons for being in Colombia other than "I love nature and coffee, and colombian cuisine".

Now, that show was aired on "caracol" the most watched news network in Colombia. Fantastic, now even MORE local women are starting to believe that foreigner=sex tourist by default. Great Job caracol - bastards!

Mixx

Quote: (01-21-2012 08:04 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

This should not come to a surprise to the forum. I've been constantly posting that gringos (anglo foreigners) are no longer considered "high-status" for local girls. Colombian women, especially in the cities of Medellin, Cali, Cartagena, Pereira and Cucuta see any white, non-spanish speaking foreigner as a "sex tourist". The same exact way that girls see foreigners in latvia, or Ukraine as sex tourists.

It's gotten so bad in Medellin, that I even see Puerto Rican and Italian men scavenging the streets. All of this of course is for paid prostitutes. These guys do not go to Colombia to "game" women, they only go for 2 weeks trips, no language skills in Spanish, and their time is limited. So, they immediately start going to strip clubs and chasing hookers exclusively.

The problem is that local high-status, or non-pro women start to label ALL foreigners as sex tourists. It is then a mission for you to prove that you are not, which of course requires you to speak moderate Spanish, have local Colombian friends and have believable reasons for being in Colombia other than "I love nature and coffee, and colombian cuisine".

Now, that show was aired on "caracol" the most watched news network in Colombia. Fantastic, now even MORE local women are starting to believe that foreigner=sex tourist by default. Great Job caracol - bastards!

Mixx

Mixx my man , do u have any ideas about how the Medellinians see Brazilians? They see us as equal latinos (indiferent) or they are seeing us as Sex tourists?

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Quote: (01-21-2012 08:15 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

Mixx

Mixx my man , do u have any ideas about how the Medellinians see Brazilians? They see us as equal latinos (indiferent) or they are seeing us as Sex tourists?

Sorry, I should of written all WHITE/ANGLO foreigners. Any latin men with style, who speak Spanish or Portuguese can still kill it.

However, the problem is that a lot of Puerto Rican and Italian who have latin looks still fuck it up for us GM.

Still, it's not hard for us to show value as we are latin. It's the white/blonde guys that will have an uphill battle.

Mixx

As I've encountered firsthand in the Baltics, the sex tourist stain is extremely damaging to our efforts. I know guys want to think they can overcome it by being "cool" and having an airtight back story, but girls put you in that box before you even open your mouth and it's hard to get out of it because it's constantly on her mind. Second tier cities are a temporary cure to this disease.

Unfortunately, some cities of the world will be forever ruined from a game standpoint.

Mixx

Yeah, I always get my backstory tight whenever I got to South America. I usually make something up about interning at a local hospital to see if I want to practice in their country next year, and I always say I "don't know how long I'll be there." I've made language-learning a priority too, which definitely helps bring the locals' guard down.

What would you say is the best way for a white gringo to avoid being immediately labeled a sex tourist as soon as you open your mouth? Open in Spanish?

Many will label you before you open your mouth. You have to show genuine purpose to be there and interest in learning the local culture, even if you don't care - they love it. Imo (in Colombia) get out of the bigger cities and visit the surrounding pueblos and other smaller cities. The negative barriers are not nearly as much. The fact is 90%+ visiting foreigners are there for the women and this is no secret. 4 years ago in Medellin, not many locals gave a shit and were happy to interact with a foreigner, but now not so much, true powers of the web. Whoring has been going on long before the gringo invasion (I still see rich colombianos trying to "exclusify" and sponsoring local prepagos, even poor barrio girls), it's the foreigner lack of common sense and lack of respect for and adapting to the culture that is creating disturbance, which the media loves...

I didn't realize that it had gotten this bad. I thought that the whole "sex tourist" label was limited to old gringos seen hanging out with young girls. Hell, I thought all of the American whore mongers where pretty much limited to one hotel in Poblado.

While I have partaken in the local P4P scene on occasion, some of the gringos down there are taking it WAY TOO FAR. You see 60 year old guys taking 19 year old girls dressed in hoe clothes to some seriously high-end restaurants and clubs, and being LOUD AS HELL to top it off. I've heard that some restaurants won't even let them in the door.

I try to avoid those dudes like the plague. I make it a point to NEVER speak English on the street. I remember a few years ago when I was in Medellin, I reconnected with this girl that I went to college with (Colombiana educated in the US = high class). On the plane,I met this older guy who was down there exclusively for hoes. He invited me to dinner with his "Novia" once.

It turns out that he really just needed a translator, because he didn't speak Spanish and she didn't speak English. Sitting at the table of a high end restaurant with those two was one of the most embarrassing experiences of my life. I wound up leaving early and paying for my own meal because it was too embarrassing for me. I'm afraid to even show my face in that restaurant again.

The one thing I am grateful for is that I did not bring the girl from college with me for a "double date" as he suggested. Humiliation like that would have not only destroyed my chance of banging her, but it would have filtered down the network to other Latin girls from different countries that we both went to school with (we had a TON of foreign students at my school). As it stands my reputation is still intact, and I plan on reconnecting (horizontally [Image: heart.gif]) with some of my female college mates living in Argentina, Brazil, and Peru.

Thing about it is that both middle class AND upper class local guys chase hoes too. HOWEVER, they are discrete about it. These dudes fuck them, but they would NEVER be seen in public with these hoes, much less take them to high end clubs and restaurants.

I do know that the Italians have been hitting Cartagena hard for years now, maybe even before Americans started coming in numbers.

The other solution is to develop a social circle. Obviously not practical if you're only there for 1-2 weeks. But I just went to Medellin and fell in with a group of Colombians my first couple nights there. Through going out with them I was able to go out and hook up with a number of girls.

Also hooked up through cold approach, but my Spanish was pretty tight these days. In fact every Colombian girl I've banged since I got here has told me in some way or another, "You don't act like a gringo at all."

You are correct this is a big problem in Colombia; when I was there every girl I dated asked me what I was doing in Colombia.

I had several answers that I used to deal with this and avoid the sex-tourist stigma:

-I told them I was in Colombia to study Spanish. This was true, but you could easily give this answer even if it wasn't. The girl would always follow up with asking why I chose Colombia as a place to study Spanish; I told them I chose Colombia because it was known to have the best Spanish accent in the world. Colombians are extremely proud of their Spanish, so they always loved this answer.

-I told them my Colombian-American friends strongly recommended that I go to Colombia. Again, this was true for me, but you could easily say you had friends from that country even if you didn't, and get the chance to distinguish yourself from sex tourists in the process.

-Some of your recommended having a local social circle. Great if you have it, but if not there is another option: lie and say that you do have a local social circle. Not only do you give yourself a reason for being there, but it also give you a good story for what you are doing on a night when you don't see your girl.

That night out dancing in the nightclub with the girl? That becomes a story for the other ones about how your Colombian friends took you out to see a Colombian nightclub, and wow, do you Colombians party crazy! Did a girl take you to sightseeing in the old city? Tell a story about how your local friends took you too see their charming country and what a good time you all had!

Quote: (01-21-2012 10:59 PM)joehoya Wrote:  

I didn't realize that it had gotten this bad. I thought that the whole "sex tourist" label was limited to old gringos seen hanging out with young girls. Hell, I thought all of the American whore mongers where pretty much limited to one hotel in Poblado.

While I have partaken in the local P4P scene on occasion, some of the gringos down there are taking it WAY TOO FAR. You see 60 year old guys taking 19 year old girls dressed in hoe clothes to some seriously high-end restaurants and clubs, and being LOUD AS HELL to top it off. I've heard that some restaurants won't even let them in the door.

I try to avoid those dudes like the plague. I make it a point to NEVER speak English on the street. I remember a few years ago when I was in Medellin, I reconnected with this girl that I went to college with (Colombiana educated in the US = high class). On the plane,I met this older guy who was down there exclusively for hoes. He invited me to dinner with his "Novia" once.

It turns out that he really just needed a translator, because he didn't speak Spanish and she didn't speak English. Sitting at the table of a high end restaurant with those two was one of the most embarrassing experiences of my life. I wound up leaving early and paying for my own meal because it was too embarrassing for me. I'm afraid to even show my face in that restaurant again.

The one thing I am grateful for is that I did not bring the girl from college with me for a "double date" as he suggested. Humiliation like that would have not only destroyed my chance of banging her, but it would have filtered down the network to other Latin girls from different countries that we both went to school with (we had a TON of foreign students at my school). As it stands my reputation is still intact, and I plan on reconnecting (horizontally [Image: heart.gif]) with some of my female college mates living in Argentina, Brazil, and Peru.

Thing about it is that both middle class AND upper class local guys chase hoes too. HOWEVER, they are discrete about it. These dudes fuck them, but they would NEVER be seen in public with these hoes, much less take them to high end clubs and restaurants.

I do know that the Italians have been hitting Cartagena hard for years now, maybe even before Americans started coming in numbers.

I hear you, that hotel in Poblado is not so busy anymore, a lot of its clientele has spread out into hotels and apartments, not only in Poblado...that has a lot to do with it too....and these videos are from 2009!

i have watched Medellin go on the decline for years...it is real sad to see. and it will only get worse [Image: sad.gif]

Instead of worrying about gringos and why they're coming to Columbia, shouldn't they instead worry about why so many women go into prostitution or see a ticket out/green card as the only way to have hope for the future?

Colombia's Gini coefficient (a measurement of inequality in wealth distribution) was 0.51 in 2000 and 0.56 in 2006, making it the second-most unequal country in Latin America terms of wealth distribution, after Brazil.[citation needed] By 2009, Colombia had reached a Gini coefficient of 0.587, which was the highest in Latin America

Over 500 000 children under 6 years old (about 13%) in Colombia suffer from acute malnutrition and up to 15% suffer from chronic malnutrition, the most affected areas being Boyacá and Nariño Department.[6]

And this is despite the fact that they remain the world's largest cocaine producer.

Improving their education system is a great place to start.

If anything, take pride in your women, find a way to make money off and scam/tax the thirsty gringos, and invest the profits in improving the business climate.

Quote: (01-22-2012 08:35 AM)ao85 Wrote:  

Instead of worrying about gringos and why they're coming to Columbia, shouldn't they instead worry about why so many women go into prostitution or see a ticket out/green card as the only way to have hope for the future?

Colombia's Gini coefficient (a measurement of inequality in wealth distribution) was 0.51 in 2000 and 0.56 in 2006, making it the second-most unequal country in Latin America terms of wealth distribution, after Brazil.[citation needed] By 2009, Colombia had reached a Gini coefficient of 0.587, which was the highest in Latin America

Over 500 000 children under 6 years old (about 13%) in Colombia suffer from acute malnutrition and up to 15% suffer from chronic malnutrition, the most affected areas being Boyacá and Nariño Department.[6]

And this is despite the fact that they remain the world's largest cocaine producer.

Improving their education system is a great place to start.

If anything, take pride in your women, find a way to make money off and scam/tax the thirsty gringos, and invest the profits in improving the business climate.

Although I agree with what you said about the lack of equality and development in Colombia, Brazil and other SA countries, this has nothing to do with the main purpose of this topic (Discussing the dating/gaming scene in Colombia for foreign players)

Pointing whats wrong in the Colombian economy/society will not help you to get laid with Colombian women.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Hey I will go to study at the UPB in Medellin for 1 year [Image: smile.gif] Anyways reading that Medellin is getting worse and worse and that its gonna be an uphill-battle for whites does not make me happy at all!! I am German (not anglo-saxon), white and blond.. and I speak perfectly Spanish yet i have an Argentinian accent but Im working on my acento paisa lol. Though I know that studying and living there and having social circle there (I already have my social circle of Paisas here in Germany, but I lack a social circle overthere since I have never been to Colombia, anyway I think (hope) its gonna be easy to make local friends when being at their university) is making things easier for me.. but I would really HATE being categorized as a white anglosaxon sex tourist when ppl (and girls) see me on the streets..
so would you guys say that gaming together with local friends will make things easy for me and maybe even give me "a plus" due to my German looks?

Quote: (01-21-2012 08:20 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (01-21-2012 08:15 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

Mixx

Sorry, I should of written all WHITE/ANGLO foreigners. Any latin men with style, who speak Spanish or Portuguese can still kill it.

However, the problem is that a lot of Puerto Rican and Italian who have latin looks still fuck it up for us GM.

Still, it's not hard for us to show value as we are latin. It's the white/blonde guys that will have an uphill battle.

Mixx

I can indeed testify to this. A girl who I hooked up with in Cartagena said she was so surprised I spoke fluent Spanish, and wasn't some random gringo over here for weed and sex [Image: wink.gif]

I was able to demonstrate value through fluent Spanish and had local Colombian friends with good social connections, nightclubs etc.

But I can imagine if you don't have the Spanish locked down...it's going to be an uphill struggle for you.

Quote: (01-22-2012 03:03 PM)tiikaa Wrote:  

Hey I will go to study at the UPB in Medellin for 1 year [Image: smile.gif] Anyways reading that Medellin is getting worse and worse and that its gonna be an uphill-battle for whites does not make me happy at all!! I am German (not anglo-saxon), white and blond.. and I speak perfectly Spanish yet i have an Argentinian accent but Im working on my acento paisa lol. Though I know that studying and living there and having social circle there (I already have my social circle of Paisas here in Germany, but I lack a social circle overthere since I have never been to Colombia, anyway I think (hope) its gonna be easy to make local friends when being at their university) is making things easier for me.. but I would really HATE being categorized as a white anglosaxon sex tourist when ppl (and girls) see me on the streets..
so would you guys say that gaming together with local friends will make things easy for me and maybe even give me "a plus" due to my German looks?

Honestly, Medellin may be in decline, but I'm going to go against the recent trend here and say that's it's still a great place to visit/live. I'm a gringo and just finished spending a little more than a week there. I had a fucking blast, hooked up almost every night, got laid a couple times, made some new friends, and partied my ass off. I have absolutely no complaints about Medellin and will definitely be back.

What I WILL agree with some of the downers on this board about is the following:

- Being conversational in Spanish is big. My friend speaks horrible Spanish and he got rejected quite a bit more than I did. My Spanish is pretty strong these days and many of the sets I approached blew wide open.

- Fall in with a local group ASAP. Colombians are very social-circle conscious. Which makes pure cold approach a little less advisable. The good news is that Colombians are also very friendly and hospitable, so making some local friends is not difficult at all, and they're fun people.

- Know a little salsa dancing and know how to NOT make an ass out of yourself with Latin music. Latin dance culture is very big in Medellin, much moreso than anywhere else in Latin America that I've been. I know a little salsa, and even though I'm not very good, the fact that I could actually do some steps and not step on a girl's feet constantly won me some brownie points.

- And as always, being tall and good-looking, well dressed, is a big advantage, moreso in Medellin than many places. If you're German, then I'm going to assume you're a step ahead of your American counterparts in this department. Colombians in general are short and dress like crap. Being 6'2", in good shape, and dressing really well really made me stand out. I got a lot of looks while I was there. Combine that with my strong Spanish, and approaching was no problem. Combine that with investing time and effort in making some friends... and I hooked up and got laid.

If other guys want to see a pro-Medellin write-up by a gringo, I'll be happy to write up a more specific datasheet if people are interested. But there's already so much info on this board about Colombia, I don't know if I'd say much new. Look decent, speak passable Spanish, make a few local friends early on, and you'll have a great time. Hot girls too. I wasn't very excited about going after reading all of the hate on this board over the past year. But after being there, I realize that stories of Medellin's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

well i am 6 ft tall (1.84m) I think that will do it for LatinAmerica.. Spanish is no problem at all for me and my Latin friends here in Germany always tell me I am way more latino than German..

I HATE salsa though!! I listen to all kinds of Latin music but NOT salsa.. just dont like the style of music and the style of dancing.. I enjoy A LOT more dancing Regueton with girls and rubbing my cock against their asses XD I LOVE Regueton and know almost any song of it.. and I heard Regueton is BIG in Medellin so I hope my future social circle will take me to Regueton clubs and NOT to fucking salsotecas..

Entropy thx for the info man! How long will you stay in Medellin and whats the purpose of your stay? best regards

Quote: (01-22-2012 03:29 PM)tiikaa Wrote:  

well i am 6 ft tall (1.84m) I think that will do it for LatinAmerica.. Spanish is no problem at all for me and my Latin friends here in Germany always tell me I am way more latino than German..

Then you'll be just fine.

Quote:Quote:

Entropy thx for the info man! How long will you stay in Medellin and whats the purpose of your stay? best regards

I was just there with a friend for 8 days. Just passing through for a holiday. Had a blast though. Will definitely go back and spend more time there.

Quote: (01-22-2012 01:11 AM)chimba Wrote:  

Quote: (01-21-2012 10:59 PM)joehoya Wrote:  

I hear you, that hotel in Poblado is not so busy anymore, a lot of its clientele has spread out into hotels and apartments, not only in Poblado...that has a lot to do with it too....and these videos are from 2009!

Just found this public profile on facebook of a Medellin Monger....from the look of it some of those chicks could give those old guys a heart attack.

http://www.facebook.com/danny.hershey/ph...272732%3A5

It's hilarious how these dudes rent prostitutes and take picture with them to run around and show to there friends. This is the one thing that really turned me off about Medellin. They talk about these girls like they really scored them. They call their pre-pagos their girlfriends. It's pretty amusing to hear these guys talk about their "scores!"

@internationalplayboy

These guys are probably used to American hookers who treat the whole thing very much like a business deal and basically treat the guys as sad losers for paying for sex. So when these guys go to Colombia pay less for sex and have the girls create a more "girlfriend experience" really acting like they care about the men so as a result these men fall hard because from their prior dealing with hookers in the US, in Colombia, Brazil, Thailand etc they feel they have struck gold.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Wedo,
Some of these girls are hot. Since you're the Colombia expert and living in there, how would they rate there on a 1-10 scale? The first 2 and the one wearing a tight blue short dress are right up my alley!