rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sparknotes: "How to Shut Down Pickup Lines"

For those of you not familiar with it, Sparknotes is basically an online database for students to look up subject notes and book summaries/analysis. When teens/ hs students don't want to do their assigned reading, haven't read a book, or just want to steal ideas for essays, they come here. So, millions of teenagers, especially girls, go to the website daily.

On the homepage they link to this article:
http://community.sparknotes.com/2012/01/...ckup-lines

Most of the responses sound overwhelmingly masculine and just rude/sarcastic. I mean, if they're advertising/promoting this kind of behavior on sites specifically designed for teens, I might have to bail on the U.S sooner than I thought. Granted, the lines are cheesy, but the responses are something I'd expect to hear from a dude.

My ex-English teacher used Sparknotes to teach our texts. And this is an elite private school. They sell paperbacks of the notes on books which are commonly studied and he brings it in and dictates from it. The state of modern education >.<

Just ignore sparknotes bullshit, just because the crackpot writer came up with those responses doesn't mean girls will use them.

I was wondering why the comebacks were so unfunny until I saw it was written by a women. I guarantee not a single one was field tested.

Some of those "comebacks" would take 10 minutes to speak, and days to memorize. Stupidest shit ever.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter