rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Edson Barbosa Roundhouse Kick KO

Don't know how the guy didn't see that coming...sick!

http://deadspin.com/5876227/edson-barboz...d-down-500

saw that last night, it was brutal. he was so out as soon as it landed he just stiffened up an tipped over

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote: (01-15-2012 06:49 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

saw that last night, it was brutal. he was so out as soon as it landed he just stiffened up an tipped over

Not to mention his head bounced off the mat. One of the craziest knockouts I've seen in a while.

One of the fastest high kicks I've seen. I guess Etim will remember not to drop that high guard next time, even for a second. He even seemed to drop it lower as he realized the kick was coming. I'm guessing in a doomed reflexive attempt to get out of the way.

The video editing was pretty hilarious, imo, with the choice of song.

Quote: (01-16-2012 01:42 AM)hydrogonian Wrote:  

One of the fastest high kicks I've seen. I guess Etim will remember not to drop that high guard next time, even for a second. He even seemed to drop it lower as he realized the kick was coming. I'm guessing in a doomed reflexive attempt to get out of the way.

The video editing was pretty hilarious, imo, with the choice of song.

Yeah, he dropped his guard.

I don't think he saw it coming at all.

Amazing athleticism on that kick.

That was the first time I've ever seen a spinning heel kick knock someone out cold in MMA. That kick tends to not be very effective because unless you are extremely quick like this guy, it's easy to telegraph and give your opponent time to defend. Accuracy is also a problem if you aren't quick because for a split second your back will be to your opponent and he may have moved by the time you complete your spin.

Major kudos, that was flawlessly executed!

I still think this is the most exciting MMA kick I've seen yet:

yeah, this kick was great.

and Aldo was insane after the fight!!

Just saw Jon Jones on Brazilian tv saying about the "most beautiful butts he has ever seem" and how he end up modelling for designer brand in Fashion Rio..hilarious

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

I remember Rashad Evans knocking out Sean Salmon with a kick to the head. It was the same deal - it landed, and homie immediately went limp and went over on his back, and his head bounced off the canvas. Then Evans got in a punch to the face for good measure before the ref could pull him away. Dude was SNOOZING for a while in the ring before they could get him up. Evans distracted Salmon by pawing at him with his left hand, and while Salmon was trying to swat his hand away, he caught him with the kick. It's amazing that Etim couldn't get out of the way - I think he froze because he wasn't sure what was coming when Barbosa turned his back to him, and because he actually had his hands up in front of his own face he didn't see it until the last second and couldn't move.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."