rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Health: Coconut Oil

A couple of months ago, I bought some Coconut Oil.

This stuff is pretty sick. Seems to be really good for you.

It's also a great multi-purpose move.

You can cook with it (good substitute for butter). Works really well with fresh fish from your local fishmonger.

You can put it on your hair, leave it a while then shampoo it out. Gives your mane that savage sheen.

You can put it on your skin for a moisturizer. (I haven't tried this yet, and maybe would avoid the face). There was a thread on here about dry skin, so you might want to try that.

You can put it in a smoothie, to get some essential oils in your system.

It probably has some "anti-aging" properties, as well. Do your research on this because I am not 100.

The sh*t is straight dope.

Here is the one I use: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003B3O...k_code=wql (fyi that is an affiliate link)

There might be better brands, as I am not an expert, but in my mind this stuff "can't lose" like Parker Lewis.

They best thing to do with it is to rub it all over a young womans body as you are taking your last sip of whiskey and getting ready to press record on your camera to make a sex tape. It really gives her skin a nice glow..

I also use it as a lip moisturizer.

I eat it when I have a sore or scratchy throat.

And, I put a little bit in my mouth before I smoke a J as it provides a nice coating and protective layer.

Didn't the Egyptians use this to build the pyramids? Or, maybe that was olive oil...

Yeah, the stuff is good for everything. It cures mild dandruff. I use it as a moisturizing. It's a natural moisturizing factor.

I put it all over my body, and on my face. I've never had a breakout from it.

You can to PubMed and search coconut oil.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/

Good for lots of stuff.

Olive oil (topical) is great, too.

Also, start looking into Manuka honey. Search PubMed and you'll find all sorts of cures, backed by science.

Discovered coconut oil last year. Amazing stuff.

Great for making your skin smoother for sure.

I eat a tablespoon of it every morning after drinking the night before - I think
it hydrates (which is what those coconut drinks promise to do).

It also speeds up your metabolism.

Also works good as a lubricant as a last resort

It can be used on dry hair also.

I haven't bought any other hair product since discovering coconut oil. It's a great replacement for "shine". It makes you smell like a bit like a pimp, but that's not necessarily a drawback.

Fry eggs in it everyday. Use it to cook/fry anything. It's awesome.

I started using coconut oil and drinking raw milk a year or so ago. I rarely ever get sick, I used to have an irregular heartbeat that went away, etc. Not sure if it is all directly related, but I'm sure it helps.

I also get it from amazon, but a different brand (yellow label).

This is a great tip. Trader Joe's also has their own brand of organic extra virgin olive oil if you don't feel like getting it on Amazon - I believe it's the same price (~$8 for 16oz).

yep verrrrry good... I try to take a tablespoon after every meal. It's got strong antiviral and antibacterial properties... there's anecdotes of people with HIV on deaths doorstep getting their viral loads waaaay back down with mega-dosing coconut oil. Not sure how true, but I I love the stuff.

Quote: (01-06-2012 09:33 PM)slubu Wrote:  

Fry eggs in it everyday. Use it to cook/fry anything. It's awesome.

I started using coconut oil and drinking raw milk a year or so ago. I rarely ever get sick, I used to have an irregular heartbeat that went away, etc. Not sure if it is all directly related, but I'm sure it helps.

I also get it from amazon, but a different brand (yellow label).

This.

Coconut oil is a very good frying oil for someone looking to keep things low in fat but also paleo (I.E. getting away from the over processed veggie oils) because it has a higher smoke point then Olive Oil.

I've not done much with it (yet) but as my crusade to be a healthy me continues I've got plans to pick up a bottle and play with it at home.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Happy to see folks on the CO. It's a superfood that kept the Egyptians rocking! Keep it as pure as possible, it's a good cooking alt but simmer that bitch slow to keep all the properties in tact. Quick fact Sri Lankan People use CO as their primary cooking oil and have some of the lowest rates of heart ailments on earth. I eat the stuff to help me put on clean weight, it's good on hair and broads dig it when I slap it on the nuts. Modern health looks down on CO since its packed with Saturated fats but it's def one, if not the most healthy fats you can consume.

People in India use coconuts in so many ways. Coconut water to coco milk to coco oil.
Its one of the healthiest things on the planet.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.
- Garry Kasparov | ‏@Kasparov63

Is it good just to take a few tablespoons a day? Has anyone experimented with it like ACV?

Quote: (01-17-2012 02:48 AM)houston Wrote:  

Is it good just to take a few tablespoons a day? Has anyone experimented with it like ACV?

Yup! I take 3-5 a day.

Benefits I've experienced:

-I started taking it when I had a cold. Coconut oil nailed in 2-3 days. It felt like it'd be around for 1-2 weeks, coconut oil seemed to kill it off (antiviral, antibacterial)

-Massive amounts of energy from it. Perfect way to keep energy high on primal/paleo diet.

G, I got my mom the book "The Miracle of Coconut Oil" which is popular on Amazon and a nice jar of it for Christmas. I love this forum - so spot on.

Coconut Oil Touted as Alzheimer's Remedy

http://www.cbn.com/media/player/index.as...JO190v1_WS

i put this on my skin after i put on lotion. no homo. shit is awesome.

I just bought one from amazon, thanks for sharing the link.

P.s. Amazon should give you a commission for this shit, i bet im not the only one who has bought it off your link.

How can I get it shipped to Canada? These silly restrictions here are starting to get on my tits...

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

I've tried a few different things off recommendations on this forum with positive results. Apple Cider Vinegar, fish oil supplements ...etc.
I'm anxious to try this coconut oil out next.

I've been alternating the way I take these items. I'd like to bounce it off you guys and see if it makes sense to you. I try not to take
the ACV and any other kind of oil supplement at the same time. My reasoning is that vinegar separates the oil from the food and dissolves
sugars and fats and lets your body pass them out as waste without absorbing them. That's why you lose weight and your skin clears up.

I'll usually take my fish oil gel caps with breakfast or lunch since they're easier to carry around. And I'll do my shot of ACV after dinner.
I'd hate to see all this good fish and coconut oil pass through your body because you took it with ACV.

Thoughts?

Team Nachos

I slept with a Polynesian girl last for for the first time in way too long.

After she took a shower I gave her a Monoi oil rub down. If you got your Tahiti flag you can verify that those girls have the worlds smoothest skin.

They use this stuff: http://www.monoi.com/oil.html (fyi I don't know what an affiliate link is so maybe thats one)

I have a bottle of the sandalwood scented stuff somewhere around the house that someone gave me.

The sunscreen one probably isn't that good, but oh well.

That tiare (gardenia) scent on girls reminds of of high school. I love that.

Aloha!

Quote: (01-31-2012 05:14 PM)Kona Wrote:  

After she took a shower I gave her a Monoi oil rub down. If you got your Tahiti flag you can verify that those girls have the worlds smoothest skin.

They use this stuff: http://www.monoi.com/oil.html (fyi I don't know what an affiliate link is so maybe thats one)

I have a bottle of the sandalwood scented stuff somewhere around the house that someone gave me.

Aloha!

Which one is the move?

Quote: (01-31-2012 05:59 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (01-31-2012 05:14 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Aloha!

Which one is the move?

The Tiare one is my favorite, on women of course. The plumeria smells like every other plumeria lotion out there. The Tiare definitely smells different than average gardenia lotions and perfumes. The sandalwood smells like hippies.

I have cooking coconut oil at the house. It's made by the same company as this: http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/virgin...ut_oil.htm, but the label is different. That website says that certified organic, but it's made in the Philippines, so there's really no way to prove that.

There's a way people make coconut oil that I believe is pretty simple. Just slicing up the meat and sitting it in the juice in a bucket for a few days. I was in a canoe club when I was a kid where you carve out your mascot ship old school style. We waterproofed it with coconut oil we made in a imu style pit.

In the provinces, Filipinos make some evil moonshine called Lambanog out of coconut sap, that's off topic, but check that out.

Aloha!

so kona, in layman terms, what are you saying? Buy it? Will it give me smooth skin?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

I just bought this at my local Korean grocery store. 14oz jar for $10. It's pretty thick in the jar at room temperature. Kinda like frozen peanut butter consistency. Just spread it on a toasted bagel. Doesn't really smell or taste like anything.

[Image: JkAQI.jpg]

Team Nachos

Quote: (01-31-2012 07:16 PM)Moma Wrote:  

so kona, in layman terms, what are you saying? Buy it? Will it give me smooth skin?

It will give you the smoothness but you might not like the smell until you try it.

Aloha!