rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Trip to new York

Trip to new York

I'm going to new york for a few days and I pretty much have a place to stay. I'm not going with a wad of cash so what awesome places are worth a look that won't cost much? How are the girls?

Or maybe I might go somewhere else but unfortunately it has to be in the US as I don't have all the money to spare.

I thought about a cruise ship maybe but those are in the 500+ range right?

I'm on the south eastern side

Trip to new York

Cruise ships suck.

"I'm on the south eastern side"

What does this mean?

Don't take offense, but English isn't your first language is it?

- MPM
The Guide to Getting More out of Life
http://www.thegmanifesto.com

Trip to new York

This thread may help: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-8.html

Trip to new York

Quote: (08-06-2009 11:42 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Cruise ships suck.

"I'm on the south eastern side"

What does this mean?

Don't take offense, but English isn't your first language is it?

Right on the money, but I am typing this on my phone @ work. That could have a lot to do with my shitty grammar.

So why do cruise ships suck man?

Trip to new York

Quote: (08-06-2009 12:19 PM)Fuzzface Wrote:  

So why do cruise ships suck man?

Cruise ships usually cater to seniors, families, and older singles. You'll maybe find some 20-somethings, but it's not as ideal as say Miami, New York, or LA.

If you're going to NYC and if you're in your 20's-early 30's, I would recommend either staying around Lower East Side or Williamsburg (Brooklyn). Don't stray too far in Brooklyn because it gets really shitty really quick. L.E.S. has a lot of good bars and the crowds are usually alright.

Also, check out this site, it's an awesome way to find some things to do in NYC:
http://newyork.going.com/

Trip to new York

"So why do cruise ships suck man?"

You are trapped on a goddamn boat with people who odds are are going to suck.

Then you end up in some port and have people try to sell you crap.

Then once you finally make it to a cool part of town, you have to be back on the boat.

My advice: Jump ship!

- MPM
The Guide to Getting More out of Life
http://www.thegmanifesto.com

Trip to new York

Yeah cruise ships are pretty bad. with a world this big, to voluntarily pen yourself up on a cheesy boat is an... interesting choice.

Trip to new York

heh, I grew up on Lower East Side but my whole family moved to Naples, Florida in July '04. I remember there is so many new bar popping up on Lower East Side around 2001-2004. It really did brings down the crime rate, nevertheless it's sad to see that some mom-and-pop store are dying. Last time I visited NYC on Winter 2005, there was many new stores and I felt betrayed since all those memorable store disappeared already. Last time I check, yuppies is taking over Lower East Side, damn them.

I am glad to see my school have many bars right next to it, before that it was mainly empty closed store and houses.

If you want to drop by Naples, Florida, just do not do it. This place is so very car society and the girl around here are so materialist and it will be hard to find girl who is not taken yet. I hated this place and ever since I am stuck in here.

Trip to new York

Quote: (08-06-2009 11:52 PM)Karbrino Wrote:  

Last time I visited NYC on Winter 2005, there was many new stores and I felt betrayed since all those memorable store disappeared already. Last time I check, yuppies is taking over Lower East Side, damn them.

Yeah I totally know what you mean. New York has lost a lot of things the past few years. It's very unfortunate. It's becoming another super corporate place without charm. I hope this character-drainage halts soon, or else I'm afraid New York will just really start sucking more and more.

I remember there were all these cool jazz bars (I used to be into Jazz when I was younger) and all of those have gone away (but so has Jazz, maybe). Manhattan used to feel pretty dangerous, and that's gone too.

I suppose you can blame it on the people getting sick and tired of the crime, but New York's approach was basically to kick out the middle class, and gentrify everything. Unfortunately, along with the less-rich people leaving, so did the culture that made New York. It's a real shame.

Trip to new York

bumped this. I am there next week and have never been. There is a little info on this, but anyone else have anything in terms of eats, hostels / hotels, nightlife, bar scene, shit to do? I know a few of you have been there more than once, and some of you grew up there.

Appreciated.

Trip to new York

Quote: (02-17-2010 03:22 PM)College Game Wrote:  

bumped this. I am there next week and have never been. There is a little info on this, but anyone else have anything in terms of eats, hostels / hotels, nightlife, bar scene, shit to do? I know a few of you have been there more than once, and some of you grew up there.

Appreciated.

New York City, I am Thinking…

http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2009/10/new...nking.html

Trip to new York

Appreciated.

About Hotels in New York City, the Plaza is the most brilliant luxury hotel to visit. Aside from great services, it offers you also the most affordable and excellent stay there. This is one of the New York's grandest hotels in which you can experience the best and do a lot of things.

Trip to new York

Quote: (02-28-2010 09:43 PM)jeanlery2010 Wrote:  

Appreciated.

About Hotels in New York City, the Plaza is the most brilliant luxury hotel to visit. Aside from great services, it offers you also the most affordable and excellent stay there. This is one of the New York's grandest hotels in which you can experience the best and do a lot of things.

lol, thanks. Great city, if not the best I have ever visited.

Trip to new York

What are some malls and colleges to approach black women and big booty latinas in New York?

I might visit New York for Labour day and im looking to be approaching and closing hard. What neighbourhood you guys recommend me to stay?

Im more a day game type of guy, so im looking to stay in a neighbourhood where it gets real busy during day time.

Trip to new York

Quote: (06-22-2011 06:50 AM)pitt Wrote:  

What are some malls and colleges to approach black women and big booty latinas in New York?

I hope you're going to NYC for other reasons than scoring, because the city is not big on latinas and (quality) black women are far less numerous than in the south. If you have a thing for jewish girls or artistically hopefuls though...

By the way, has anyone else noticed how jewish Israeli girls are far more DTF than their NYC version, or is that just me?

Trip to new York

For Dominicans/Puerto Ricans you need to go Straight to Spanish Harlem and The Bronx/Washington Heights and Astoria and Queens have a good sized Braslian/Colombian Population.

Trip to new York

What about black chicks Internationalswagger..where should i hit?

Trip to new York

some general areas of NYC to hit are Soho, Meatpacking District, Turtle Bay, and definitely run day game in central park. This should get you going. I'm not too familiar with Queens and some of the other boroughs, but as far as Manhattan goes, those areas are fair game. I used to work on the upper east side and just walking around there i caught a lot of eye candy. Fifth avenue is another great place to run day game since its probably the most crowded street during the day next to times square.

Trip to new York

check out http://newyork.timeout.com/

One of the best things about NY is how many great budget things there are. Free concerts are all over the place during the summer, definitely the most legit budget spot to pick up chicks.

Trip to new York

alright, at night you should go to the Lower East Side. Pianos is the best bar in the area. MAKE SURE TO GET THERE EARLY, or else face long lines and pissed off doormen. THere is no dresscode for the LES. i'd recommend wearing some canvas shoes and a t-shirt, as there are lots of hipster chicks there. Very good selection of girls in the Lower East side.

If you want a more upscale area, check out the meat packing district. The Gansevoort hotel is the best place you can get into (unless you're rolling with HOT girls or are willing to throw down hundreds on a bottle). Make sure you get to the Gansevoort EARLY. The doorman used to always let us in whenever we wanted, but they tightened up a bit, so now it's either get there early or buy a bottle. 675, across the street from the gansevoort, is also a good option. Dress well for the meat packing district. Neither of these places have a cover charge. If you opt for the higher end venues in the meat packing district (Tenjune, Kiss & Fly, etc) expect a cover of at least $20, and be sure to bring some hot girls too!

Hit up Murray Hill if you want younger girls fresh out of college.

Also, the NYC area (Greenwich Village) generally sucks at night... unless u wanna see a bunch of gay guys. I suppose Washington Square Park/NYC has some potential during the day, but there are definitely better places for day game. Definitely worth visiting if you're a tourist.

Hit up union square during the day. Hit up Soho if u want the real day time quality. One time I walked into the Guess shopping store, there was a DJ booth set up and most of the girls working there looked like models. I thought I was in a club or something. haha.. Bryant park has some great potential for day game. 5th ave can have some seriously fly chicks (especially the workers), but it's a bit crowded... don't bother going to Central Park for day game... Times Square has loads of tourists. I tend to avoid that place.

I just gave away all of my secrets. It's all good though, there will always be an endless supply of hotties in NYC for those of us in the Area. You'll never see the same broad twice!
Enjoy.. NYC is the greatest city in the world.

Trip to new York

One more thing to add.. if u wanna meet Latinas then consider hitting up the Fordham University campus in the Bronx. I haven't actually checked out the campus, but I'm pretty sure you'll find plenty of hot Latinas there.

Trip to new York

Ahh NYC. It's a tough place to crack but the opportunities are there if you know where to look. Here's my 2c on NYC.

Like every big city there are different scenes and you'll have to figure out what works for you. My experience is mostly with Manhattan. I know there's fun to be had in Williamsburg, deeper in Brooklyn or in ethnic enclaves in Queens and the Bronx. I'd love to explore those further and there's some info in the NYC thread here: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-2863.html

Because NYC is big, there's a lot going on and getting around can be a pain in the ass girls are very flaky. I don't think I've ever seen this much flakery. Collect a lot of numbers during the day and start texting late afternoon / evening when you head out to the night venues.

At night girls will want you to join them and their friends where they are. Avoid the temptation even if you're alone. Just tell them you're at some cool place and that they should join. It's a big city and there are fresh leads everywhere!

Daygame

Central Park - the steps of the Metropolitan Museum are good during the day. Lots of traffic and mainly tourists. Union Square is good because it's a tourist hub and there are lots of modeling agencies in the area and a lot of people passing through. Bookstores are another good bet - look up the big Barnes & Noble stores. Look out for tourist looking girls since the long time New Yorkers have seen it all.

I'm not good at daygame, but I sometimes rack up approaches in the above places. Daygame is tough in NYC. Girls are on their guard and often in a rush.

Daytime drinking is more my style. A good venue is the Beer Garden at the Standard in the Meatpacking District. It fills up in the late afternoon on weekdays with a very varied (though yuppie heavy) after work crowd. During the weekend it's packed all afternoon. You pay 8 dollars for a beer token at the entrance. This can be redeemed for beer and food inside. It's a massive place. Grab one of the tall white seats by the entrance to catch the passing traffic as people go in and out.

Outside the Beer Garden there's garden furniture outside the main entrance of the Standard Hotel; during the day tourists will often sit there for some rest and it's a good place to approach.

If you meet a girl at the beer garden and need to transition to go to the Top of the Standard where there's an incredible view of the city. It's pricy but awesome. If you're on a tighter budget there are many other options nearby.

One option is Brass Monkey. It's a more frat boy heavy, slightly younger crowd but a good place to get in some approaches. This place doesn't really start getting fun until early evening so transition there later.

Night game

There are tons of options. Weekends are terrible, but there's much fun to be had on weekdays. I like Tuesdays and Thursdays. Here are some rough categories with places:

Scene / trendy clubs - this is where the cool kids, the socialites, the wannabes and the fashion girls go. They often have nights that are guestlist only so call ahead to check before going or try to sneak the bouncer a $20, though it will be the person with the clipboard who calls the shots. Sometimes you can say you're from out of town and ask them to put you on the list if you call ahead the same day, but don't count on it.

Logistics are a big part of mastering NYC and you don't want to end up on a wild goose chase being rejected from every place you go to. Wherever you go in NYC, dress sharp.

The Jane Hotel Bar: young model girls and wannabe socialites galore. Also trendy looking yuppies in thick rimmed glasses and suits. Is loosing its lustre a bit but still a fun place to go. It's spread over two floors with two bars and a dancefloor in a dark high vaulted room. Think oak paneling, big chandeliers and plushy sofas. Go there early. You should be dressed well or you'll get turned away at the door. If you go as one guy you may well get in, two guys is pushing it and three you'd have to be on the list. This also means that the ratio never gets stupidly out of whack so it's a good choice. This is your best best for getting into one of the more scenester heavy places without connections or guest list.

The Soho Grand - Soho: this place can be fun. Mixed crowd age wise, it runs from young scenester party kids to older yuppie types. Generally fashionable with strict door policy, though guest list is usually not required. Two bars, one quiet bar with plushy sofas near it and another party bar with a dance floor, DJs etc. Sometimes there will be a separate guest list for the latter.

Milk Studios - Chelsea: Gigs, art events, film screenings, fashion parties and afterparties. This is not a club as much as a venue for special events. Look it up on Facebook and and find out how to RSVP to the events they have on to get yourself on the list. They'll sometimes have sponsored booze available, etc.

The Kenmare - Soho: Club on two floors. Top floor has a laid back bar where you can have conversations, downstairs has DJs. It's cavern like with lots of nooks to retreat into and talk to girls, etc. Great crowd on Wednesdays. Young and hip, you'll often meet NYU students in there. Door policy not very strict but still selective.

The Boom Boom Room - Meatpacking: the Top of the Standard mentioned earlier turns into the Boom Boom Room at 10-11pm on some days. It's usually guestlist only but free to get in. You may be able to get yourself on the list by calling ahead or get in by bringing hot girls. Well turned out crowd, very good ratio (helped by that gay dudes go there too) and some incredibly hot girls. Incredible roof terrace for smoking and bringing girls for a quiet talk.

Employees Only - West Village: more a laid back bar than the above. Can be fun on weekdays. Late twenties / early thirties crowd. Pricey but nice atmosphere. There's a long bar to sit at and tables at the back.

Dive Bars / hipster joints - The East Village / Lower East Side really shines when it comes to these. You can walk around 1st st and 1st ave and you'll see plenty of these. It's a good area to start off with some bar hopping or end up when everywhere else is closed. Some places:

Max Fish - LES: grimy, cheap and cheerful. This is known as a skater venue but it attracts it's fair share of of art and fashion girls. Really good, laid back vibe. It has foosball / pool in the back room which gives you good opportunities for opening and doing something fun. Open late and usually has a good vibe. You'll meet some backpacker and aussie girls here too occasionally.

Mehanata Bulgarian Bar - LES: not divey, more of a hipster joint with a Bulgarian theme. Varies a lot. Stay away on weekends, when they charge a cover and the place fills up with an odd crowd. On weekdays it can be a lot of fun. They play Balkan music and attract a varied crowd, including Balkan girls and girls who want to show off their belly dancing. Somewaht pricey. They have shisha too. If you need to get a girl drunk they have a vodka room downstair where you pay 20 bucks for all you can drink high end vodka in a glass freezer for five minutes.

Frat bars - if you want to meet girls fresh out of college surrounded by guys with popped collars this is the way to go. I have limited experience with these but there's a high concentration of them in Murray Hill and the Upper East Side. Brother Jimmy's on the UES is a barbecue joint that turn into rowdy bar at night. It can be good fun, drinks are reasonably priced but I'm not big on that niche.

The Fat Cat - West Village: If you want to meet college students, go here. Big venue with all sorts of games: beer pong, shuffleboard, ping pong, air hockey, etc. There's a big bar, lots of seating. It's $3 to get in, but drinks are cheap. Wander around and chat up people at the tables playing games. Very easy place to open at so if you're struggling with approach anxiety this is a place where, on a busy night, you can easily get in 10 approaches in not too long. Because the place is big it won't look too weird when you move around the place. If you're with a friend get a pool table somewhere central and use that as your base to approach from / invite girls to your table, etc.

Promoter driven clubs - There are many of these in NYC. Some of the places listed above partially fall into the category except they usually don't charge covers during the weeks. I refuse to pay $20 entry to be surrounded by meatheads and eurotrash. These are your 'bottles and models' venue so I stay away from them. Their one redeeming feature is that you'll find a higher than average concentration of hot girls but not worth the money, the hassle and the poor ratio. I know guys who do well on this circuit, but it's often when they've become well known on the scene (ie. promoters hook them up, intro them to girls, etc.) and drop a lot of cash on bottles. Not saying it's impossible if it's your thing, but there are easier targets out there.

Finally I'd like to explore the hotel lounge scene more. Would love to see tips if anyone's got them.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Trip to new York

Quote: (06-22-2011 03:51 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

Ahh NYC. It's a tough place to crack but the opportunities are there if you know where to look. Here's my 2c on NYC.

Epic post, Caligula.

I've been dabbling in the city the past 4-5 months and you have crushed my knowledge level. I'm spending a lot of time down the Shore for the rest of the summer, but I will be coming back to this post when fall comes around and it's time to turn city game back into gear.