rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Would you ever pet a wild animal?

I just saw this video of Brutus the pet bear

and Rambo the pet cheetah

and this granny with pet crocodile in Australia !!!!

In other continents, women want those pathetic chihuahuas. In Australia they got crocodiles [Image: confused.gif]

So my questions is. would you ever get a wild animal for pet?

Fuck yea. I've wanted a pet fox for as long as I can remember. Apparently there's this place in Russia that has bred foxes for domestication since the 60s or so but it would be like $6,000 to buy one. I swear I'm thinking about trying to trap one since I see them all the time where I live (Colorado) but I guess it would have to be a really young fox so I could raise it and train it and stuff.

Dude cleaning dog shit off carpet is bad enough. Imagine cleaning bear shit.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Quote: (12-17-2011 03:39 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Dude cleaning dog shit off carpet is bad enough. Imagine cleaning bear shit.

Lol, you can have the cheetah then...[Image: angel.gif]

No, there are too many stories of people having wild animals and it being fine for years and years until one day the animal gives in to his primal instincts for 5 seconds and takes off a limb.

I have to admit that owning a bear would be pretty freaking awesome.

Quote: (12-17-2011 09:52 PM)Riker Wrote:  

No, there are too many stories of people having wild animals and it being fine for years and years until one day the animal gives in to his primal instincts for 5 seconds and takes off a limb.

Were they raised at home, or did the people just took them from jungle?
I think the only way to pet them is if you are a proffessional. I saw a guy owning a park full of white tigers and lions and he had them for years and didn't get a sratch from them. He was featured in Natio Wild but this guy knew what he was doing. Also, check out the Wolf Man who lives with a buch of wolves and the Lion Ranger

Quote: (12-18-2011 01:05 AM)username Wrote:  

I have to admit that owning a bear would be pretty freaking awesome.

I just had a conversation about this with my sister. It would be pretty sweet if you were taking that mo-fucka out for a walk when a shady dude comes up and tries to mug you. The guy would never expect a grizzly to have your back. Needless to say you'd be UNSTOPPABLE.

On a much smaller scale, I had a pet raccoon as a kid. If they could be domesticated they'd be the best pets ever--fun, intelligent, affectionate, playful. She went wild a year later came back one night, and bit me, so I had to get the rabies treatment, but she was a ton of fun. But yeah--don't fool yourself; they'd be wild animals and would probably revert to primal programming at some point.

sometimes i try an tame wild beaver

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Bump.

Come on guys. Not even a Puma?

Not even a white tiger?

Quote: (01-20-2012 05:15 PM)Andreas Wrote:  

Bump.

Come on guys. Not even a Puma?

Not even a white tiger?

No. [Image: sad.gif]

I wanna say I remember seeing one of those crazy animal shows that featured the "liger" and that part of its whole deal was that it was abnormally docile compared to the two parent species. If thats the case it'd be kinda ballin to have a large carnivorous cat the size of a cow just chilling in your house [Image: lol.gif]

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Quote: (01-20-2012 05:39 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

I wanna say I remember seeing one of those crazy animal shows that featured the "liger" and that part of its whole deal was that it was abnormally docile compared to the two parent species. If thats the case it'd be kinda ballin to have a large carnivorous cat the size of a cow just chilling in your house [Image: lol.gif]

ROFL you mean this beast?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olAIiEimg...re=related

My cousin in the Yukon tried to get me to pet a wild Buffalo. We got pretty close but fuck that those things are huge.

Craziest story from the Yukon. My cousin and his buddy are fishing on the lake when they spot a big bull moose swimming across. They put their boat up beside the moose and my cousins friends strips down and slips into the water with the moose. He held on to the moose neck hair and lets the moose swim him across the lake. When they got close to the shore he let go and swam back to the boat.

The moose was pissed!

My cousin thought the bull was going to have a heart attack. His eyes were nearly bugging out of his skull.

Quote: (12-17-2011 02:42 PM)Only One Man Wrote:  

Fuck yea. I've wanted a pet fox for as long as I can remember. Apparently there's this place in Russia that has bred foxes for domestication since the 60s or so but it would be like $6,000 to buy one. I swear I'm thinking about trying to trap one since I see them all the time where I live (Colorado) but I guess it would have to be a really young fox so I could raise it and train it and stuff.

I was just reading about this the other day. The Russians have been breeding foxes for increased levels of friendliness towards humans with each generation born - they're not attempting to coddle newborn wild-caught foxes into acting like domesticated housepets.

Quote: (12-17-2011 09:52 PM)Riker Wrote:  

My thoughts exactly.

I have been privy to some pretty close experiences with wildlife over the years, but common sense is common sense and I'm not hot on the idea of fucking with an animal that has bigger muscles or sharper teeth than myself.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.