rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Beards

Beards

They say beards are in style right now. I agree with this....However I was wondering what any of your personal experiences have been with them while gaming? Have they seemed to help or hurt?

I am told that I look good with a beard. When I date girls, I'm often requested to grow it out..however when I'm out in a club trying to pick them up, it seems I have less success...Of course it could be completely unrelated, but I often wonder.

I read some advice from the Playboy advisor which recommended that you shave your beard before the interview and grow it oout later because "you are more likely to not get hired for having a beard, then you are to get fired if you grow one out later"...Perhaps the same goes for gaming girls?

Beards

Your beard has nothing to do with getting girls. Sure, there will be some girls who thinks it hot, but you shouldn't be doing something purely because you think it will increase your chances. It's like having a lot of money. Will some girls fuck you because you're rich? Yeah. Most girls won't care though, as long as you've got game.

Grow it out if you like it. If not, why bother?

Beards

If you can't look as cool as Kristofferson with a beard,don't bother!
Only good bone structure,jaw line makes it attractive ,otherwise you just look like you're trying to hide something!

Beards

I've got a baby face so I NEED a beard.

for what its worth, I've had more then a few girls tell me that they dont like guys with beards, but they like it on me.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Beards

I think it's more about how you keep it. It's got to be trimmed and edged-up really nice. Women tend not to like stubble, because it's rough against THEIR faces, but if you grow it out and keep it looking tight, it can be attractive.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Beards

Quote: (12-16-2011 09:47 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

I think it's more about how you keep it. It's got to be trimmed and edged-up really nice. Women tend not to like stubble, because it's rough against THEIR faces, but if you grow it out and keep it looking tight, it can be attractive.

If you check a lot of the surveys you'll find most women are turned on by stubble.biologically it denotes high testosterone and fertility for baby making!

Beards

Quote: (12-16-2011 09:47 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

This is how I do. I clean my neckline up every day or two. I think neckbeards and dirtybeards are where facial hair gets the stigma from. I see so many guys walking around with the most unkempt facial hair and they look homeless.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Beards

Beard Question: Experimenting with a beard for the first time in 10 years (well kept jawline beard with a mustache connected to goatee). My head hair is jet black with few greys. My beard hair is coming in black, brown, blonde, red and even some greys. Do I use one of those just for men products to get my beard hair more in line with my head hair or do I let it naturally show my Viking roots?

The greys in the beard are killing me as I'm in my early 30s and have maybe 5 greys on my whole head. I want to get this settled before I hit the night spots for new years. All advice welcome.

Beards

Quote: (12-25-2011 02:21 PM)MrM27 Wrote:  

Beard Question: Experimenting with a beard for the first time in 10 years (well kept jawline beard with a mustache connected to goatee). My head hair is jet black with few greys. My beard hair is coming in black, brown, blonde, red and even some greys. Do I use one of those just for men products to get my beard hair more in line with my head hair or do I let it naturally show my Viking roots?

The greys in the beard are killing me as I'm in my early 30s and have maybe 5 greys on my whole head. I want to get this settled before I hit the night spots for new years. All advice welcome.

I have the same issue. My chin is completely gray, and my moustache is rapidly getting gray. I have gray temples, and gray sprinkled throughout my head. It's been years since I've worn a goatee, and even more since I've worn a full beard. I've been personally dead set against coloring the gray, but if you're intent on hitting night spots to holler at younger chicks, and want to wear a beard, you should probably consider snipping out the gray hairs, if there aren't that many of them. I go clean shaven, except for the 'stache, and I clip out the grays because I don't like salt & pepper there. I leave my head alone. I don't chase younger chicks, so I don't really worry so much about gray.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Beards

What matters more is how you feel with the beard than if you think some focus group will like it. If you like how it looks on you, and feel more confident wearing one, then you will get more women. I'm at the point where it doesn't matter what girls think of my beard or not, but *I* like it and will wear it because it makes me more comfortable in my own skin. If you do it right, you'll get a lot of girls saying "You're the first guy I hooked up with that had a ______."

Beards

my friend says guys with beards get laid like a boss in china... something about chineese guys not being able to grow them

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Beards

With fully grown facial hair, I look like a weird mix of Manny Pacquiao and Johnny Depp.

My baby face makes me look 10 years younger and gives a sense that I'm less threatening. I've only had 2 chicks react positively to my facial hair, maybe I need a larger sample of reactions, but baby face will do for now.

Beards

Quote: (12-25-2011 09:16 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

What matters more is how you feel with the beard than if you think some focus group will like it. If you like how it looks on you, and feel more confident wearing one, then you will get more women. I'm at the point where it doesn't matter what girls think of my beard or not, but *I* like it and will wear it because it makes me more comfortable in my own skin. If you do it right, you'll get a lot of girls saying "You're the first guy I hooked up with that had a ______."

I couldn't get anywhere with girls without having a beard, tried growing out my hair in many different ways, didn't help. Tried growing a goatee/mustache combinations, didn't help either. Finally one day I said fuck it and just stopped shaving. I got resistance from a lot of women that I look like "shit", come "unshaven" to work and etc.

I still have some spots missing in the beard but I have been called handsome by several women. It could be that I didn't give a shit while growing my beard and took criticism from everyone, maybe building my self esteem that way or maybe the fact that my beard makes me more "handsome" is why girls are more open to me.

Beards

Chicks love the beard. Younger chicks not diggin it? Bullshit, ALL chicks love the beard.

Quote:Quote:

Same here. I wouldnt want to dye them, and they are still to few to bother, so I just take some small scissors and cut them as close to the face as I can. When they grow back, I cut them down again.

In a few years I will have the coolest gray beard, but for now, Ill keep it in one color only.

Beards

I have a ton of grays in my beard. When girls notice it in the light they say "Wow you have a lot of gray hair!!!" They seem to dig it.

Beards

If you're young enough, you can say the gray is premature if a chick comments on it. I think facial hair in general can be a symbol of virility, and many women may find it attractive if you keep it neat (you can't do anything about someone that's dead set against them). Chicks may like how stubble looks, but they don't really like how it feels against their faces (though they may not mind the roughness in other places on the body).

Beards

Wear your beard well enough and you might bag yourself a Jewish Princess [Image: smile.gif]

Beards

Well I would not want Barbara Streisand but I think beards are manly. I think it sends out a strong statement.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Beards

Quote: (12-27-2011 05:58 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I have a ton of grays in my beard. When girls notice it in the light they say "Wow you have a lot of gray hair!!!" They seem to dig it.

For me, its red hairs that get noticed in the light. I claim its from that time I went down on a ginger.

Beards

i normally go babyfaced, but i let it grow out for a few days and a few girls that know me were playing with it. good sign.

Beards

Women will often stop to comment on the colors in my facial hair once they notice it under certain light (redheads freak out that I'm part ginger like them), but no one ever mentions how smooth my face is and how youthful I look after I have shaved.

This year is the first year I had ever grown out facial hair (I'm 25). Close friends that had never seen me with facial hair all said pretty much the same thing: "You look like a badass." I think I am better looking when I'm shaved, but only if it's after a good long time of not shaving. My skin tends to be clearest right after I shave.

Beards

Quote: (12-28-2011 12:43 PM)Fujiwara Wrote:  

Women will often stop to comment on the colors in my facial hair once they notice it under certain light (redheads freak out that I'm part ginger like them), but no one ever mentions how smooth my face is and how youthful I look after I have shaved.

This year is the first year I had ever grown out facial hair (I'm 25). Close friends that had never seen me with facial hair all said pretty much the same thing: "You look like a badass." I think I am better looking when I'm shaved, but only if it's after a good long time of not shaving. My skin tends to be clearest right after I shave.

It's always interesting how you see yourself, and how other see you. You're used to yourself clean shaven, so you naturally think you're better looking that way. When others see you with facial hair all of a sudden, it's a sharp contrast, and facial hair is definitely associated with a certain ruggedness. I'm in my 40s, and I think my moustache has only been off 3 or 4 times. I think I look odd without it, because my upper lip isn't very prominent. Of course, the first thing chicks say is, "OH MY GOD, you look so young!" I'm so used to having it, that I feel strange without it. I felt the same way when I first started shaving off my goatee/beard also. Now, it's normal for me to be clean-shaven, and most people I know have never seen me with a full beard. If I let my chin grow out, those same people would tell me how much OLDER I look, because my chin is all gray.

Beards

Thanks for the reponses about the multicolor issue. I'm letting the blonde, red, brown and grey grow untainted, but I am trimming up to look fresh this weekend. Any electric trimmer recommendations? I've been rocking the small scissors and straight razor, but want an electric for longer term maintenance.

Beards

Quote: (12-16-2011 09:10 AM)November Wrote:  

Your beard has nothing to do with getting girls. Sure, there will be some girls who thinks it hot, but you shouldn't be doing something purely because you think it will increase your chances. It's like having a lot of money. Will some girls fuck you because you're rich? Yeah. Most girls won't care though, as long as you've got game.

Grow it out if you like it. If not, why bother?

WTF at the most girls won't care if your rich part. LOL. if your a Millionaire with good looks you will have hot girls lined up to bang you anywhere in the world.

Beards

Quote: (12-16-2011 03:26 PM)Pilgrim37 Wrote:  

If you can't look as cool as Kristofferson with a beard,don't bother!
Only good bone structure,jaw line makes it attractive ,otherwise you just look like you're trying to hide something!

Keeping a well-maintained beard can enhance your jawline. Up to a point of course, for example Michael Moore. It's similar to makeup in women in that the contrast of the beard against the neck creates more definition. Just make sure you keep the neck hair shaved off.