rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Buenos Aires vs Sao Paulo

In terms of quality AND quantity of women + nightlife, which do you guys prefer? Disregard the girls' attitudes towards cold approaches and what not, stricly quality and quantity of women + the nightlife, which of the two big cities is better?

SP blows out of the water BA any day of the week and on Sunday twice.
Not only in sheer volume of beautiful and stunning women, but also in attitude.
Nightlife in SP is among the best in the world. SP is probably the biggest or 2nd biggest metropolis inthe world with a population of over 30M. There are so many options for nightlife that one could hit a new place every single night for 6 months and still not scratch the surface of the night life options in this humongous city. Only saving grace for BA is that it's a lot cheaper than SP, but other than that, SP wins hands down in every single freaking category one can think of. It's not even a contest.

Quote: (12-10-2011 03:10 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Nightlife in SP is among the best in the world. SP is probably the biggest or 2nd biggest metropolis inthe world with a population of over 30M. There are so many options for nightlife that one could hit a new place every single night for 6 months and still not scratch the surface of the night life options in this humongous city. Only saving grace for BA is that it's a lot cheaper than SP, but other than that, SP wins hands down in every single freaking category one can think of. It's not even a contest.

I would have to respectfully disagree, sir. SP being a metropolis of over 30 million people is hyperbole. It's more like 20 million (see article). For me, Buenos Aires is much more impressive than SP. It has beautiful architecture, grandeur, interesting neighborhoods, restaurants, and most of all, it's affordable. It's also relatively safe, clean, and the women, though not as consistently hot as Cordoba and Rosario, are definitely among the finest you'll find in South America, if not the world.

Sao Paulo, in contrast, is quite an eyesore. The buildings are old and dilapidated. Some areas of the city can be quite dangerous. Poverty is rampant (homelessness is a big problem), and the women are hit or miss (has nothing on Rio, Florianopolis, Belo Horizonte, or Southern Brazil). It also takes money to enjoy the best SP has to offer. It's one of the most expensive cities in the world, not just in the Americas. It doesn't have nearly the amount of "bang for the buck" as Buenos Aires. I distinctly remember comparing its shortcomings to BA when I was there. I would recommend visiting SP just for its status as being the largest and most economically vibrant city in South America, but not for the women.

The nightlife, though, is more developed than BA. I'll give it that. But you often have to pay covers which can easily rival or surpass what you'd pay in the States. With that being said, however, you can really find your niche there. SP probably has the best overall nightlife in South America. I really enjoyed hitting up a hip-hop club there once, which I found to be strikingly similar to what I would experience in New York (even the patrons, with a good mix of black, white and brown). There were cool clubs in Buenos Aires that stayed open until sunrise, particularly of the electro/reggaeton sort, but hip-hop is hard to find. However, there is cool shit in BA like "La Bomba de Tiempo," which is this sick Brazilian percussionist act that performs every Friday and draws a a crowd of a few thousand people. They also sell weed brownies and space cakes at these events for super cheap, if that's your thing. Also, if you like Electro music, Creamfields is a big annual event that draws artists like Tiesto, Justice, etc. Really depends what you're looking for. For a more varied type of nightlife, SP has more to offer, but BA isn't far behind.

Quote: (12-10-2011 03:32 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

I would have to respectfully disagree, sir. SP being a metropolis of over 30 million people is hyperbole. It's more like 20 million (see article). For me, Buenos Aires is much more impressive than SP. It has beautiful architecture, grandeur, interesting neighborhoods, restaurants, and most of all, it's affordable. It's also relatively safe, clean, and the women, though not as consistently hot as Cordoba and Rosario, are definitely among the finest you'll find in South America, if not the world.

Sao Paulo, in contrast, is quite an eyesore. The buildings are old and dilapidated. Some areas of the city can be quite dangerous. Poverty is rampant (homelessness is a big problem), and the women are hit or miss (has nothing on Rio, Florianopolis, Belo Horizonte, or Southern Brazil). It also takes money to enjoy the best SP has to offer. It's one of the most expensive cities in the world, not just in the Americas. It doesn't have nearly the amount of "bang for the buck" as Buenos Aires. I distinctly remember comparing its shortcomings to BA when I was there. I would recommend visiting SP just for its status as being the largest and most economically vibrant city in South America, but not for the women.

The nightlife, though, is more developed than BA. I'll give it that. But you often have to pay covers which can easily rival or surpass what you'd pay in the States. With that being said, however, you can really find your niche there. SP probably has the best overall nightlife in South America. I really enjoyed hitting up a hip-hop club there once, which I found to be strikingly similar to what I would experience in New York (even the patrons, with a good mix of black, white and brown). There were cool clubs in Buenos Aires that stayed open until sunrise, particularly of the electro/reggaeton sort, but hip-hop is hard to find. However, there is cool shit in BA like "La Bomba de Tiempo," which is this sick Brazilian percussionist act that performs every Friday and draws a a crowd of a few thousand people. They also sell weed brownies and space cakes at these events for super cheap, if that's your thing. Also, if you like Electro music, Creamfields is a big annual event that draws artists like Tiesto, Justice, etc. Really depends what you're looking for. For a more varied type of nightlife, SP has more to offer, but BA isn't far behind.
Hmm the bolded part, I've actually never heard that before. Everyone talks about how the hottest brazilian girls from all over the country head to SP to work, live, party etc. And that the girls in Rio are pretty ugly...

I can't really agree/disagree though because I haven't travelled around Brazil/Argentina enough to know.

Quote: (12-10-2011 05:07 PM)1bliss Wrote:  

Quote: (12-10-2011 03:32 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Hmm the bolded part, I've actually never heard that before. Everyone talks about how the hottest brazilian girls from all over the country head to SP to work, live, party etc. And that the girls in Rio are pretty ugly...

I can't really agree/disagree though because I haven't travelled around Brazil/Argentina enough to know.

Roosh wrote an article about SP, and I would agree with most of it:

://www.rooshv.com/is-sao-paulo-brazil-worth-the-visit

I think when people say that SP has hot chicks, it's more like how New York's high end scene has models and exclusive chicks, and it takes long money or the right contacts to get access to that social scene. SP struck me as a workaholic city by day, and a party town at night, though not 7 days a week like NYC, as Roosh points out. That's one reason it's hard for me to vouch for it. It's also completely urban, not full of nature like Rio or Floripa, and it's not a coastal city so there's no beaches with chicks in skimpy clothing. Girls in SP play dress up, and I prefer beach attire personally.

Sao Paulo every time. Have spent a few weeks in each and was pretty much just spending my time going out partying and meeting women. The nightlife in BA doesn't kick off until really late, usually around 2/3am by which point I can quite easily already be well drunk or tired or too bored waiting around all night for it to be going out time. The clubs stay open really late, i.e. 10am the next day but it turns the day into a right off if you stay out that late. SP the nightlife kicks off at a more normal time of 11pm-1am and still goes on quite late (8am possibly later at some places) with the option of carrying on the party at a boteco afterwards if need be.

SP also has a much more diverse range of nightlife that BA. You can fine music of every genre and scenes for every niche. Walk down Augusta Avenue and you'll see trendy teens, skaters, goths, rockabilly punks, gays, business types, transexuals, hookers, ravers, hippies and everything else you can imagine side by side at their own respective bars or clubs. The clubs are all very different and there's a few good options every night of the week, plenty of different areas to party in too. Same can't really be said for BA IMO just not the same level of variety, lot of places play Reggaeton and a lot of old UK dance music. Aside from that I didn't hear much else.

Women in SP are good. Everywhere I saw gorgeous girls and they are very approachable too and with good levels of education lots of them speak English fluently and are happy to chat to a gringo. Much easier to pull here than in BA. Women are not so cold, arrogant, stand off-ish.

Someone mentioned crime and homeless people in SP. There are a lot of people on the streets, most of them are crackheads too but they seemed fairly harmless even if they are sketched out. Didn't see them really bothering people other than to ask for a smoke or some spare change. There's also a ton of homeless in BA and they spend all their time raking through the bins and it ends up all over the street. I don't know anyone who got robbed in SP and I stayed there for a good while yet in just 2 weeks in BA many people I met had been robbed often at gun point sometimes even in mid day in busy streets. SP felt over all safer to me especially if you stuck to the main streets and didn't wander off into dodgy areas (that you'd have no need to be near anyway). BA is much more rundown too.

So overall I would definitely visit SP for women and nightlife. It's the ultimate party city and the women are beautiful, speak English and for the most part approachable.

Quote:Quote:

Everyone talks about how the hottest brazilian girls from all over the country head to SP to work, live, party etc. And that the girls in Rio are pretty ugly...

Yeah the women in SP are far superiot to the ones in Rio. Rio has good looking girls but also a lot of fat girls. SP has thin and attractive, well educated girls.

Quote:Quote:

I think when people say that SP has hot chicks, it's more like how New York's high end scene has models and exclusive chicks, and it takes long money or the right contacts to get access to that social scene. SP struck me as a workaholic city by day, and a party town at night, though not 7 days a week like NYC, as Roosh points out. That's one reason it's hard for me to vouch for it. It's also completely urban, not full of nature like Rio or Floripa, and it's not a coastal city so there's no beaches with chicks in skimpy clothing. Girls in SP play dress up, and I prefer beach attire personally.

I don't have money, good looks or any game and certainly wasn't involved with any models and exclusive girls but still did quite well with good looking, middle class, educated girls. Students and business types mostly, girls with jobs in finance etc. And it is 7 days a week party, there's always various options on every night. My favourite was Monday at D-Edge.

Sao Paulo is definitely not one of the most expensive cities in the world. Not by a long shot.

Quote: (12-10-2011 06:10 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Sao Paulo is definitely not one of the most expensive cities in the world. Not by a long shot.

Lol. You say that with such confidence. SP actually ranks in the top 10 according to Businessweek: http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-07...ities.html

I read a similar report in The Economist. I also have my own empirical evidence from my time in SP. It's easily the most expensive city I've been to in Latin America.

I can agree it's probably the most expensive in latin america. And sure, if you spend money like a maniac it could be real expensive. But if you live like a middle class citizen, it's not expensive. My friends were paying $800 for a 2 bedroom condo in a nice area. Try finding that in any city in the US that's worth living in. Food isn't too bad. The most expensive place I went to was an upscale sushi rodisio and it cost me $35. That's all you can eat sushi! Try finding that in any city in the US worth living in. Yeah, some clubs are expensive, but whatever, stay away from those. Most clubs are super reasonable when compared to the states.

Quote: (12-10-2011 06:21 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

I can agree it's probably the most expensive in latin america. And sure, if you spend money like a maniac it could be real expensive. But if you live like a middle class citizen, it's not expensive. My friends were paying $800 for a 2 bedroom condo in a nice area. Try finding that in any city in the US that's worth living in. Food isn't too bad. The most expensive place I went to was an upscale sushi rodisio and it cost me $35. That's all you can eat sushi! Try finding that in any city in the US worth living in. Yeah, some clubs are expensive, but whatever, stay away from those. Most clubs are super reasonable when compared to the states.

I guess it depends on what your definition of quality is. I've had all-you-can-eat sushi in Toronto for less than $20.

I felt SP was pretty expensive. I went to decent clubs that charged pretty exorbitant prices for entry. Taxis were charging "rape" prices. Taxes were also pretty high. The real is an overvalued currency and service in SP, and Brazil generally, isn't what you pay for.

I don't know where in SP your friends lived. It's a huge sprawling city, but I also have friends there who are paying NYC prices for where they live in SP.

Here are a couple of more articles, one of them saying how SP is among the most expensive cities for expats:

http://www.mercer.com/press-releases/1311145

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Americas/...for-expats

Quote: (12-10-2011 06:28 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Quote: (12-10-2011 06:21 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

I guess it depends on what your definition of quality is. I've had all-you-can-eat sushi in Toronto for less than $20.

I felt SP was pretty expensive. I went to decent clubs that charged pretty exorbitant prices for entry. Taxis were charging "rape" prices. Taxes were also pretty high. The real is an overvalued currency and service in SP, and Brazil generally, isn't what you pay for.

I don't know where in SP your friends lived. It's a huge sprawling city, but I also have friends there who are paying NYC prices for where they live in SP.

Here are a couple of more articles, one of them saying how SP is among the most expensive cities for expats:

http://www.mercer.com/press-releases/1311145

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Americas/...for-expats

Alright, the taxi rape prices are for real. I paid R$100 to get to my friends house from the airport, but still, just as bad a the US. Not sure which area they live in either, but I can tell you it's not too far from paulista ave. and it's 2 or 3 blocks away from what they considered to be one of the best universities in Brazil (And I must say it did look very nice). Just about everyone in the area spoke english, which means it's probably a nice area considering pretty much only educated people speak english in BR. When I say upscale sushi restaurant, it was real nice. The type of quality you'd pay much much for in the states. I've eaten at sushi restaurants here that cost us $400 between two people (Matsuhisa in Aspen), and that was with the girls 25% discount for working there. Alls I know is the way I was living in Sao Paulo was MUCH cheaper than living in Aspen or Miami. Even going out. I'd pay maybe R$20-30 entry at my type of club and spend maybe R$10 on drinks. I pay US$10+ for drunks anywhere here, upscale spots $16+.

http://www.rooshv.com/is-sao-paulo-brazi...-the-visit

Really,I'm a Paulistano (born and raised in SP) and agree 100% with Roosh's view on Sampa . He explains a very correct picture of Sao Paulo and the differences of RioxSP life.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Quote: (12-10-2011 07:37 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

Really,I'm a Paulistano (born and raised in SP) and agree 100% with Roosh's view on Sampa . He explains a very correct picture of Sao Paulo and the differences of RioxSP life.

Roosh says the girls in Rio are prettier. Other threads here say otherwise.

Mr GM, what do you say? For girls - Rio or SP?

I just read that again for the first time in a long time. I'm gonna say roosh is pretty damn accurate as well with an exception of night life. There is soooo much to do in Sao Paulo. Like someone above stated. You can go clubbing every weekend for six months and still not scratch the surface of the scene there. It's just such a big city.

I was under the impression the Argie girls dont have nice figures in general ie flatter asses, smaller tits and are more conservative....

Im in no rush to visit Argentina.

Brazil all day!

Quote: (12-10-2011 07:51 PM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

Roosh says the girls in Rio are prettier. Other threads here say otherwise.

Mr GM, what do you say? For girls - Rio or SP?

I'm gonna go with tie on that one. The upper hand rio has though is you get to see a lot of the girls in bikinis.

I can definitely say the girls in Rio are butterfaces, and too thick for my liking. It's a matter of taste I guess, but in my opinion the girls in Rio are not hot. Obviously there's the random hottie but every city in the world has those. Never been to SP but from what I have read, the girls there are mostly pretty, thin, and stylish. That's what I'm down for!

If you're looking for thin girls Brazil is just not your place to be. Brazilian girls are thick, and that may also be why a lot of people are saying they are fat, with the way their bodies are typcially built, I can see it being hard to stay in shape with them thick wastes. It is all just a matter of taste though. For me, Brazilian girls are my favorite in terms of looks and attitude. But then again I have a lot of places I need to visit. A lot of people say they have butter faces, but I like the way their faces look, they're just my style. When I find out a girls from brazil, she gets an automatic +2.

Random hottie?!?! smh

[Image: 18055_108450852498852_100000018141274_21...6631_n.jpg]

Here is one of the parties I went to in Rio. At the Jockey Club.

Tons and fucking tons of 8+'s!

There is no shortage of hot bitches in Rio.

You must just have been looking in the wrong places.

^Agreed. I don't think I went anywhere in Brazil that was lacking hotties. Not even small towns, which a lot of times ended up being better than the cities. But again, brazilian girls are just my style.

Quote: (12-10-2011 08:05 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

If you're looking for thin girls Brazil is just not your place to be. Brazilian girls are thick, and that may also be why a lot of people are saying they are fat, with the way their bodies are typcially built, I can see it being hard to stay in shape with them thick wastes. It is all just a matter of taste though. For me, Brazilian girls are my favorite in terms of looks and attitude. But then again I have a lot of places I need to visit. A lot of people say they have butter faces, but I like the way their faces look, they're just my style. When I find out a girls from brazil, she gets an automatic +2.
Aren't the girls in the south of Brazil more european looking and thinner? Girls from Curitiba/Floripa/Porto Alegre/etc. are definitely way thinner than the rest of Brazil, am I wrong?

Quote: (12-10-2011 08:06 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Random hottie?!?! smh

[Image: 18055_108450852498852_100000018141274_21...6631_n.jpg]

Here is one of the parties I went to in Rio. At the Jockey Club.

Tons and fucking tons of 8+'s!

There is no shortage of hot bitches in Rio.

You must just have been looking in the wrong places.

You nailed that one... parties @ Jockey Club in Rio are hottie-hives! Some years ago there were some rave parties over there, not sure if they are still up...
nice one!

Quote: (12-10-2011 08:09 PM)1bliss Wrote:  

Quote: (12-10-2011 08:05 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Aren't the girls in the south of Brazil more european looking and thinner? Girls from Curitiba/Floripa/Porto Alegre/etc. are definitely way thinner than the rest of Brazil, am I wrong?

I guess you could be right. They may be thinner than Brazilians in the north, but I still saw a lot of thick girls in the south as well. You don't like nice big asses and thick thighs? I'm not talking fat, just thick. When I start to see lots of celulite I run away. Don't get the wrong idea here, I'm not talking fat... I'll post some examples....

I'm talking the first two pics. The last one is not what I mean when I say big ass, that's just a fatty ass. The one on the left on pic two is almost pushing it to too much thickness. She needs to be taller if she's gonna be that thick, otherwise she starts to look stubby. And I'm not talking about face, just hips, thighs, and ass only.

Quote: (12-10-2011 07:55 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

I was under the impression the Argie girls dont have nice figures in general ie flatter asses, smaller tits and are more conservative....

Im in no rush to visit Argentina.

Brazil all day!

Don't sleep on Argentina, bro. The chicks in Cordoba and Rosario are the finest in South America. Most guys will tell you. Now, with that being said, they are also some of the toughest to hook up with.

Hencredible do you think Cordoba or Rosario are cities for a guy who is into phat ass women? Or the women there dont really have booties?