rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

confused as shit about game choice

hey everybody, i just found this site and i'm pretty happy i did. i read the how to pick up college chicks article, and i find it real helpful but i'm still confused.

heres my situation. thru highschool i never really tried to get good w/ game or anything like that. i would just pick a girl, talk to her, and then party a few times and try to hit it. but all these girls were just at my discression b/c i knew all of them from goin to school w/ them. now its different and i'm in college. i'm goin on my 3rd year and i'm still trying to figure out how to go and get some down here.

this is my dilemma so i'm lookin for honest advice. i have a single father thats pretty good w/ baggin women, and i get a lot of advice from him. but his approach is to always be real nice and compliment them and talk and shit.. but when i do that it seems like maybe 1 out of 5 girls will respect that.. and the rest will just be uninterested.

so as much as i've noticed older women appreciating this.. the younger hot girls are just not for it as it seems to me.

i'm also unsure about how chicks view me. the problem is that i'm only 5'5 and compared to other ppl i'm pretty short. but even tho i'm short i'm actually good looking, and i have a good muscular athletic build to me. but i'm not sure how to approach women that i dont know.. b/c i'm not sure how i'm bein percieved.

so what would ur guys advice be? and also, what do u think chicks might think of me? its really been buggin me, b/c i know i'm good lookin, but i just can't tell what a girl thinks of more "hes real good lookin" or "hes too short"

and a sidenote .. i'm like a really caring person, so i feel like a dick sometimes about being like cocky to girls .. but what r some things i can do to be cool with that?

Quote: (09-01-2008 10:40 PM)pimpc Wrote:  

the problem is that i'm only 5'5 and compared to other ppl i'm pretty short. but even tho i'm short i'm actually good looking, and i have a good muscular athletic build to me. but i'm not sure how to approach women that i dont know.. b/c i'm not sure how i'm bein percieved.

The height issue can be overcome with good solid game. It doesn't sound like you have the confidence to pull off the direct kind of game where you compliment a woman when you first meet her.

Try reading Bang or Double Your Dating by David DeAngelo, follow their advice and then come back and see how things are going after applying the techniques for a few months.

i'm actually at the point where i'm totally fine talkin to women, but i've had it down that i was gunna do it the way my dad said .. about just talking and bein nice to them and stuff.. but i'm wondering if i should take the other approach w/ college chicks and be the cocky guy thats busts them

Quote: (09-02-2008 12:26 AM)pimpc Wrote:  

i'm actually at the point where i'm totally fine talkin to women, but i've had it down that i was gunna do it the way my dad said .. about just talking and bein nice to them and stuff.. but i'm wondering if i should take the other approach w/ college chicks and be the cocky guy thats busts them

If you're dad's method isn't working, and it sounds like you've tried it several times, then I highly recommend it's time to try something different.

Young women from 18 to mid 20's don't generally go for nice guys. Nice guys are the ones that are their "friends". The guy that's always there for them and always saying nice things is the "friend". It's not until they've been fucked over and used up by other men do they realize their stock is slipping by the time they hit their mid to late 20's. Then they tend to be more open to nice guys. It's selfish but that's just how it works.

It's all about options. A young college girl knows she has options and when she gets older those options become more limited and they're a bit more open about the men they associate with. The same thing needs to be said about you. You have to let potential marks know you have options and that they may not necessarily make the cut.

There are some conflicting view points about being a dick or being nice. I happen to be one of those that believe you can be the cocky, nice, guy. But don't confuse nice as meaning eager to please or always being at their beckon. It's more like being complacent as in comfortable with yourself without too much of a care in the world if she'll go out with you or not. It just has to be communicated in the right way. I'm going to guess your Dad's game is effective because most likely he's picking up women well into their prime. Women tend to be a lot less picky by that point. Or at least that's been my experience.

Quote: (09-02-2008 09:28 AM)Trotter Wrote:  

Young women from 18 to mid 20's don't generally go for nice guys. Nice guys are the ones that are their "friends". The guy that's always there for them and always saying nice things is the "friend". It's not until they've been fucked over and used up by other men do they realize their stock is slipping by the time they hit their mid to late 20's. Then they tend to be more open to nice guys. It's selfish but that's just how it works.

It's all about options. A young college girl knows she has options and when she gets older those options become more limited and they're a bit more open about the men they associate with. The same thing needs to be said about you. You have to let potential marks know you have options and that they may not necessarily make the cut.

There are some conflicting view points about being a dick or being nice. I happen to be one of those that believe you can be the cocky, nice, guy. But don't confuse nice as meaning eager to please or always being at their beckon. It's more like being complacent as in comfortable with yourself without too much of a care in the world if she'll go out with you or not. It just has to be communicated in the right way. I'm going to guess your Dad's game is effective because most likely he's picking up women well into their prime. Women tend to be a lot less picky by that point. Or at least that's been my experience.

yea .. this definately clears a lot up ^^. b/c i would sit and wonder how girls feel at this young age, and that definately sounds spot on. now i know not to play the nice guy role, b/c its just not workin out. so i'll try and be a dick to the ladies .. not too bad, and see if they hop on mine .. haha

I also want to clarify that with age compliments become very rare for them. That can be for any number of reasons, but mostly because they become less attractive over time. It's an epidemic really. When they're younger they're used to being complimented on their looks and appearances all the time. Women love compliments whether it's in verbal form or if it's from being stared at by guys. It's affirmation to the value of their own stock.

When they get older there are far less eyes pasted onto their ass because quite honestly they're on a doward slope. I think that also plays into why guys like younger women, because they're at their best in terms of looks around those ages. Chicks get older and they're craving that attention so it's easier to bait them by saying nice things. Things you shouldn't say when you're trying to bag younger chicks. Unless you find one that's very insecure then yeah the nice routine could be a winner.

Quote: (09-01-2008 10:40 PM)pimpc Wrote:  

hey everybody, i just found this site and i'm pretty happy i did. i read the how to pick up college chicks article, and i find it real helpful but i'm still confused.

heres my situation. thru highschool i never really tried to get good w/ game or anything like that. i would just pick a girl, talk to her, and then party a few times and try to hit it. but all these girls were just at my discression b/c i knew all of them from goin to school w/ them. now its different and i'm in college. i'm goin on my 3rd year and i'm still trying to figure out how to go and get some down here.

this is my dilemma so i'm lookin for honest advice. i have a single father thats pretty good w/ baggin women, and i get a lot of advice from him. but his approach is to always be real nice and compliment them and talk and shit.. but when i do that it seems like maybe 1 out of 5 girls will respect that.. and the rest will just be uninterested.

so as much as i've noticed older women appreciating this.. the younger hot girls are just not for it as it seems to me.

i'm also unsure about how chicks view me. the problem is that i'm only 5'5 and compared to other ppl i'm pretty short. but even tho i'm short i'm actually good looking, and i have a good muscular athletic build to me. but i'm not sure how to approach women that i dont know.. b/c i'm not sure how i'm bein percieved.

so what would ur guys advice be? and also, what do u think chicks might think of me? its really been buggin me, b/c i know i'm good lookin, but i just can't tell what a girl thinks of more "hes real good lookin" or "hes too short"

and a sidenote .. i'm like a really caring person, so i feel like a dick sometimes about being like cocky to girls .. but what r some things i can do to be cool with that?

The biggest hurdle you have to get over is that *You* think of yourself as short, not what girls think.

A lot of the gurus/instructors are short. Arguably the most famous pick up guy is a dude named Neil Strauss, who is a short, pale, bald guy with a hugh schnozz.

With that in mind, read 2 books
1) "The Game" by Neil Strauss
2) Bang by Roosh

#1 should give you the inspiration
#2 should give you the tools

It's not so much being a dick as it is treating a hot girl like anyone else. You wouldn't take shit from some punk, so don't take it from a cute girl. And she doesn't want you to either, she's just testing your fortitude.

In general, as my game has improved, I've become more direct. Instead of, "do you know where the bathroom is?", it's "Where is the bathroom?" You want to stay agreeable, but at the same time, have an air about you that says "I don't take shit" and "I get what I want." Check out Don Draper in Mad Men (unfortunately, he softens up in Season 2). In sum, don't give a shit.

Quote: (09-02-2008 04:34 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

It's not so much being a dick as it is treating a hot girl like anyone else. You wouldn't take shit from some punk, so don't take it from a cute girl. And she doesn't want you to either, she's just testing your fortitude.

In general, as my game has improved, I've become more direct. Instead of, "do you know where the bathroom is?", it's "Where is the bathroom?" You want to stay agreeable, but at the same time, have an air about you that says "I don't take shit" and "I get what I want." Check out Don Draper in Mad Men (unfortunately, he softens up in Season 2). In sum, don't give a shit.

I always mix up my game. Depending on the vibe I get, I decide on how much ball-busting and teasing to do. You can't answer "Eh, you're ok," when a girl half naked girl asks you if you like her in the bedroom. But still, I've always teased the nicest girls, and gotten a good response.

Being cocky in college should work easy for ya though

yea i'm goin to see how things go this weekend. but i have another quesiton, how often do u guys check out chicks or make like direct eye contact with them everyday? i see tons of hot girls everyday walking to class and i used to like look at all of them, but i think i should just ignore them anymore.

The key is in the approach. Staring down a girl or checking her out won't help your cause. If you're not going to start conversation, staring at her in the hopes she will notice you and act is not very effective.

alrite, that kinda clears things up. unless i'm tryin to get w/ a girl i should just not do that stuff, unless i'm just checkin girls out

Quote: (09-02-2008 05:39 PM)ned Wrote:  

But still, I've always teased the nicest girls, and gotten a good response.

Being cocky in college should work easy for ya though

Yea, I can recall teasing nice girls too and it going well. If they're socially adept, they will get the humor. There are lots of nerdish girls though, who will flat out not get it, but these girls are usually boring as fuck anyway.

Staring down girls as I walked past them was a good beginner exercise for me, for getting me comfortable for looking hotties in the eye. Extremely beta guys look away, QUICK, when a hot girl makes eye contact with them. I check out every girl I walk past in college every day, because it's my right.

When you're sitting down and staring at other girls sitting, then it becomes a matter of you not approaching.

so do you make eye contact with them? or do u just just stare at the goods? and do they look right at u the whole time or just look away?

i would say a big part thats hindering me right now is that i don't wnat to make girls uncomfortable, b/c then i think to myself that they'll think i'm creepy. but if starin down is cool and making eye contact w/ them works i'm all for it

pimpc: You need to study up. If you don't want to buy anything (my book for instance), then study this:

http://www.pickupguide.com/layguide/

Then do a couple dozen approaches, take notes, and come back here and tell us what you need help on. The best way to help a guy is from what he has trouble with in the field. If you haven't been in the field yet there is not much we can do.

Quote: (09-02-2008 11:36 PM)pimpc Wrote:  

so do you make eye contact with them? or do u just just stare at the goods? and do they look right at u the whole time or just look away?

i would say a big part thats hindering me right now is that i don't wnat to make girls uncomfortable, b/c then i think to myself that they'll think i'm creepy. but if starin down is cool and making eye contact w/ them works i'm all for it

If you make eye contact with them, make sure you don't break the eye contact first (otherwise she will see you as submissive). Whenever you meet a woman, you should never be the first to break eye contact, so walking around campus could be good practice for this one small part of game.

If you do it once, it won't be creepy. If you do it 5 times without approaching, it will definitely be creepy.

On the other hand, Roosh is right, you really have to start approaching them because eye contact alone will achieve nothing for you.